Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Dilb posted:

From what people have reported, it's pretty close to 10-12% UR per expert, 20-24% per premium. So there's no point to premium unless you're using real money.

Thanks, now at least I can save some cash. It's weird how the premium prices work, the credits cost really should be more like 75000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Delivery seems like it's not bad compared to ME3 because you can cloak and slowly dodge/sprint with the objects, except they upped the requirement to 4 and made you spend about 2 seconds just picking up the objects (when disarm is something along the lines of just 3 seconds now). This means it's like disarm except it takes twice as long to get it done, similar to how upload is like hack except gently caress you. They should probably drop the requirement to 3 objects. Although I'd be fine with them never touching delivery as long as they did something about upload.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

BreakAtmo posted:

Thanks, now at least I can save some cash. It's weird how the premium prices work, the credits cost really should be more like 75000.

C'mon, don't you just want to buy some Bioware points?

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
I've opened six basic packs today and got silver (rare?) stuff from each one. A disciple and character cards (which I already had) Not sure if the drop rate has been upped or I just got lucky. :discourse:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Holy poo poo the "empty munitions" modifier is the most fun thing in the game. I had ten frags at a time on my soldier and everything felt super meaty. The whole game should be like that.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
For the Concussive Shot upgrade that makes it cost power cells and gives you +5 power cell capacity, does that increased limit count for say, frag grenades and other power cell abilities too?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

No, each power has its own cell capacity.

You refresh them all at once though. So if you use one frag and one concussive shot, it'll only take one power cell from an ammo box to top them both up.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Nope

moot the hopple posted:

For the Concussive Shot upgrade that makes it cost power cells and gives you +5 power cell capacity, does that increased limit count for say, frag grenades and other power cell abilities too?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Which reminds me to ask, what's a fun way to spec the soldier? 66653 or something? I'm using a Revenant 1 on him at the moment since it's seemingly my only good AR.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

If you're talking human then max out munitions, max out turbocharge, max out combat fitness. I've no idea about concussive shot because I skipped straight to Turian, but I can say no amount of frag grenades is worth skipping out on defensive positioning and hold the line, those skills are really good.

There's an eternal debate between sustained fire or precision in munitions training (it's quite situational), and how exactly to build out turbocharge (recharge or duration, turbocharge or dump heat).

I personally took recharge over duration for turbocharge. On paper duration gives you more uptime, but I found in a lot of circumstances I couldn't fully exploit it (if you have to move, duck, or everything's just loving dead then the extra duration is wasted). Faster recharge means you use it more often, and get more free reloads from it. Other people will tell you different though, so try them both and see what suits you.

Also, I'm starting to feel like a raptor evangelist... but it's a really good AR disguised as a sniper rifle. Give it a shot.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

tooterfish posted:

If you're talking human then max out munitions, max out turbocharge, max out combat fitness. I've no idea about concussive shot because I skipped straight to Turian, but I can say no amount of frag grenades is worth skipping out on defensive positioning and hold the line, those skills are really good.

There's an eternal debate between sustained fire or precision in munitions training (it's quite situational), and how exactly to build out turbocharge (recharge or duration, turbocharge or dump heat).

I personally took recharge over duration for turbocharge. On paper duration gives you more uptime, but I found in a lot of circumstances I couldn't fully exploit it (if you have to move, duck, or everything's just loving dead then the extra duration is wasted). Faster recharge means you use it more often, and get more free reloads from it. Other people will tell you different though, so try them both and see what suits you.

Also, I'm starting to feel like a raptor evangelist... but it's a really good AR disguised as a sniper rifle. Give it a shot.

Yeah human. Maybe 66653 with the 3 in grenades then if the grenades aren't as stellar? I've used the raptor on other classes, it's pretty good and loads better than it was in ME3. I've got plenty of respec cards, I'll just play around and see what I like. One plus side of buying 1000 bronze packs to max my vanguard was I maxed a lot of others too so I have room to play around.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

RBA Starblade posted:

One plus side of buying 1000 bronze packs to max my vanguard was I maxed a lot of others too so I have room to play around.

Same. I wanted my human adept at 20/X, everything else is just shits and giggles.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

tooterfish posted:

I prefer +aim rather than the debuff for longer range engagements, the revenant isn't exactly known for being accurate.

As for the Turbocharge, the +clip size options means it gives you more ammo for it, since turbocharge automatically reloads your weapon.

It's an option between more or less dakka. Who would choose less dakka?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

ZombyDog posted:

It's all part of their cunning plan. You can't finish games to earn credits, so you have to buy Bioware points to get loot boxes. :tinfoil:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Not me, I bought the SUPER DELUXE VERSION without looking at what was in it so I get regular unlocks of free cool poo poo, haha suckers :smug:

:negative:

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
But then the opposite issue comes when you discover than 95% of the guns are absolute poo poo. And all these boxes are worthless.

Like, you either have the Vanquisher, or you run a biotics/melee class because Bioware.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I couldn't notice the rank 5 accuracy bonus on turbocharge at all. The crosshair did get narrower when I turned on the skill but it did not look "+40% accuracy" narrower, and non-sniper rifles were still crap at the same ranges they always were. I've just used it with the damage upgrade and sniper rifles ever since.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Honestly, I'd be fine with dropping a few bucks every now and then to splurge on a higher ultra rare chance, but my dumb brain won't accept the stupid leftover 50 points. If I could spend $20 on a number of points evenly divisible by 300 I would even if the number was lower than it is now and therefore actually worse for my money. But the only package that's evenly divisible is the hundred dollar one so I just don't buy anything :v:

...Except for the digital deluxe upgrade that's finally loving available, and the special box from that gave me a Black Widow, so I guess I paid :10bux: to win the game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Digirat posted:

I couldn't notice the rank 5 accuracy bonus on turbocharge at all. The crosshair did get narrower when I turned on the skill but it did not look "+40% accuracy" narrower, and non-sniper rifles were still crap at the same ranges they always were. I've just used it with the damage upgrade and sniper rifles ever since.

I took the damage upgrade because I figured ARs need all the help they can get.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Falcon + Incindiary Ammo + Asari Adept = :supaburn:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My brother is still getting kicked out of multiplayer games at the beginning of every wave. Anyone know of any fixes? Wiring up, port forwarding, etc. aren't helping.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Thor-Stryker posted:

But then the opposite issue comes when you discover than 95% of the guns are absolute poo poo. And all these boxes are worthless.

Like, you either have the Vanquisher, or you run a biotics/melee class because Bioware.

Hey hey hey, there's the piranha. And some not-terrible pistols (talon, equalizer) if you really don't want to snipe.

But ugh, why the hell did they want to de-emphasize power-only builds. There are a million better shooters, there's hardly any games where you can be a teleporting space-wizard.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Talon and Equalizer are a bit better than "non-terrible". A level 1 EQ or Talon is literally better than most stuff at rank X.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
You can have my Avenger X when you pry it from my cold, dead, hands.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Error 404 posted:

You can have my Avenger X when you pry it from my cold, dead, hands.

So like every other round on gold?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Relentless posted:

You overestimate my skill at shooters.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

BenRGamer posted:

I prefer +aim rather than the debuff for longer range engagements, the revenant isn't exactly known for being accurate.

As for the Turbocharge, the +clip size options means it gives you more ammo for it, since turbocharge automatically reloads your weapon.

It's an option between more or less dakka. Who would choose less dakka?

It's an option between 20% clip size and fire rate vs 80% clip size.

I always take the first option.

But I went 66644 with my human soldier (4 in both frag grenade and concussive shot). The 5th rank of CS didn't do much for me, since I was only using it to detonate ammo powers and the 4th rank of frag gave me more damage.

As for weapons, I've had good experiences with any full auto weapon (just a question of how close I have to be to kill people efficiently). Avenger, obviously, doesn't do as well, but its really because of a slow fire rate. Revenant is great against bigger targets, but suffers a bit on smaller targets because of its terrible accuracy. Thokin is great all around, but you have to deal with projectile travel time. Raptor is great, but the clip size is annoyingly small, so maybe try the Indra instead (you just gotta deal with the first shot having crazy recoil). Cyclone is my current favorite, because it's sorta jack-of-all-trades in terms of ROF, accuracy, damage and clip size, but there's a short spin up time before it fires and some people just can't get used to it.

Hurricane, Equalizer, Eagle, Charger, are all good weapons, but your engagement ranges are shorter and the Hurricane will chew through ammo really quickly. The P.A.W is only good for priming really fast but is otherwise bad. Piranha is fantastic.

Always carry a Sidewinder as your secondary.

I also take Sustained Fire as my last evolution for Munitions Training. It will let you do more damage in the long run and you don't have to aim as much.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Cyclone is my goto for soldier. I dont have a revenant yet.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Relentless posted:

:vince:

I've been using KroMerc every now and then because, why not, and I actually kind of like her(?) But man they need to buff Flak Cannon's damage, considering she's a Rare class she should not have a power that's "Frag Grenades but strictly worse" itt

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Dilb posted:

Hey hey hey, there's the piranha. And some not-terrible pistols (talon, equalizer) if you really don't want to snipe.

But ugh, why the hell did they want to de-emphasize power-only builds. There are a million better shooters, there's hardly any games where you can be a teleporting space-wizard.

Well, they kept in the enemy dodge mechanic in, there's still that lovely 1 in 5 chance some basic mob will instantly negate your power because he hopped a foot to the left.

I mean it's not even like Smash Bros Brawl which stuck in the tripping mechanic to keep it casual, Bioware just has enemy dodge in there to hatefuck you.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

ZombyDog posted:

Why did everything become hazy when I read this?

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Every time I get the points to open a premium pack I get the turian havoc. He's at VI now and I feel like its a sign. I play kroguard 90% of the time, is it a fun character or should in stick to my ABCs? Kroguard is still sitting pretty at I

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Stelio Kontos posted:

Every time I get the points to open a premium pack I get the turian havoc. He's at VI now and I feel like its a sign. I play kroguard 90% of the time, is it a fun character or should in stick to my ABCs? Kroguard is still sitting pretty at I

IME the best havoc build is playing the turian soldier built for jump shenanigans.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Dilb posted:

From what people have reported, it's pretty close to 10-12% UR per expert, 20-24% per premium. So there's no point to premium unless you're using real money.

If the expert packs work like advanced packs, premium packs might have an actual chance of dropping rare mods before you've maxed all rare weapons/mods. The advanced packs with a single uncommon slot basically never drop mods until everything else is collected, but the basic packs seem to have a chance of dropping mods in the second common slot. I suspect (but haven't confirmed) that expert/premium packs work the same way.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.

Stelio Kontos posted:

All I want out of this dumb game now is a Turian Havoc whereas I have a rank 5 kroguard I never use

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The turian soldier is way better than the havoc anyway, and is uncommon instead of rare so you can get all his skill points much sooner.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Has anyone noticed that Krogans can't get Adhi off them? It loops the animation forever until you die.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Apr 30, 2017

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

RBA Starblade posted:

Has anyone noticed that Krogans can't get Adhi off them? It loops the animation forever until you die.

Not sure that's a krogan thing; it happens to me occasionally with human characters.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Dear bioware,

Please make it so you stop receiving consumables that you do not use after you have 50 or so of them or make it so you can convert them to something that you do.

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Farming Backlash and Pull

Easily the two worst powers you'll have to farm for the challenge.....before now!

For Pull, you'll want to setup Kett, Paradox, Bronze or Silver depending on your git gudedness. Silver is just as hard as bronze to complete and you'll earn far more failing in silver than in bronze but if you're a scrub that can't solo a wave 3 stick to bronze, you'll get more out of it.

Kett are the only group that can be affected by biotics as a whole, ignoring the fiend who you are going to just cobra the instant you see one. Setup with the cover right at the spawn and learn how to time releasing pull so you drop kett off the mountain behind you without leaving your cover or turning around to punch them. Bring a charger or hurricane to drop enemy shields for your pull and hug the outside of the level on the rocky floor to get to the ammo crate to your right. You'll rack up a good several thousand to ten thousand points depending on how far you can get. Not the fastest but better than trying to earn the pull challenge in a regular match. I was getting maybe 2 to 3 thousand points that way. I don't know why it was so little, I think maybe a lot of my pull kill credits were stolen by other players because how the game credits you isn't exactly clear.

Now, backlash was fun to solve. Very satisfying. Setup for this is Bronze, Remnant, whatever. Might work on silver but I was getting overwhelmed with too many breachers. Have backlash upgraded to recharge as fast as you can with the full reflect evolution. For rounds 1-3, proceed as normal. Use your backlash to reflect observer beams at everything else before killing the observer. Use a strong but not too strong sniper rifle to drop observer shields without killing them. The basic default sniper is good for this. All your points come from damage to health so don't waste backlash time to take down shields. At round 3 or 4, nullifiers start to show up. Find a corner with cover to put your back up against near a nullifier and let them set up. Bring up backlash ONLY for the nullifier's shot and point it at anything but that nullifier. Your backlash will recharge faster than they can fire meaning you can indefinitely roleplay as the game's biggest nuisance enemy. Shots will travel through everything allowing you to hit multiple targets, distant targets or even dudes that have spawned on the other side of the level with a dozen walls between you. Not even destroyers can handle one of these on bronze. You can earn ten thousand plus points soloing this with nothing but backlash.

Farming those two loving sucked and I didn't find the trick until late so hopefully this saves someone time but really, don't farm. Play games.

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 30, 2017

• Locked thread