Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Watching wishes from the beach at the Poly with a Lapu Lapu is pretty chill! The train station is pretty nice too and you get to do some fun people watching as everyone leaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Media previews for Pandora today. Tons more photos over at this Twitter account, but here's two:

https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/858348173059870724

https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/858329773910700032
:stare:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So do the restraints go behind you?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
So you definitely don't ride on an animatronic dragon like a certain Disney rumors site was reporting.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

So you definitely don't ride on an animatronic dragon like a certain Disney rumors site was reporting.

From what I understand they had the actual banshee models early in development for the R&D of the ride, so the photo that went around a while back was probably legit. Apparently the floor doesn't drop but rather there's like 4 floors of seats and you're right on the edge in front of a huge dome.

Also, the restraints come out of the floor and lock your legs and back in.

From the full video here which shows the queue/pre-show and the above screenshot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9mULTbRRic

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 29, 2017

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Ok, that looks super fun and I want in.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Aaaahhhhhhhj can't wait oh my god

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
That queue theming is fantastic, wow.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
That is amazing. Holy poo poo.

This means Toy Story and Star Wars are going to be insane.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Just got into my room here at Caribbean Beach and hour or so ago and it's actually really nice!

Also I got a gift card because of the construction. Can I use that to pay for stuff I buy with my MagicBand or am I going to have to carry my wallet around after all? They might have mentioned that but it's been a REALLY long day

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Have to carry it around

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Day two of spring Dapper Day is at Epcot tomorrow. It was loving brutal hot today. Seems like WDW is finally getting in on the act and had the DD creator at Emporium and they have select merchandise now. Also they had a picnic box lunch with an area reserved for people to eat on the grass providing blankets for the lunch. And they didn't charge $99 for it.. yet.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

demonR6 posted:

Day two of spring Dapper Day is at Epcot tomorrow. It was loving brutal hot today. Seems like WDW is finally getting in on the act and had the DD creator at Emporium and they have select merchandise now. Also they had a picnic box lunch with an area reserved for people to eat on the grass providing blankets for the lunch. And they didn't charge $99 for it.. yet.

My daughter desperately wants to do Dapper Day, starting to think I'm going to have to fly down for the weekend since they never line up with any of our breaks.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Day one was actually Friday at Disney Springs. Pretty cool that it's a weekend long thing for people that enjoy dressing up. Here's us at the last HS Dapper Day, 50s Prime Time felt very appropriate.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 30, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Look at that dapper couple!!!

I forgot about dapper day. I should go sometime. And yeah weathers been brutal in Tampa here also.

And yeah that Pixar Fantasmic and H&V dining package is a stupidly good deal especially since it only takes 1 dining credit.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Icedude posted:

Just got into my room here at Caribbean Beach and hour or so ago and it's actually really nice!

Also I got a gift card because of the construction. Can I use that to pay for stuff I buy with my MagicBand or am I going to have to carry my wallet around after all? They might have mentioned that but it's been a REALLY long day

You can always do what I did on my last vacation before I worked here. I got gift cards from friends and family, and I went the day before my reservation was up and put all of the gift cards to cover what I'd spent using room charge on the band. Saved me over 100 bucks.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also we have a private DRC event at typhoon lagoon next month, I've never been, do you guys enjoy it? I've never been a big water park fan.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Also we have a private DRC event at typhoon lagoon next month, I've never been, do you guys enjoy it? I've never been a big water park fan.

Typhoon is a LOT of fun. THe wave pool is the most intense wave pool I've ever been in because it actually creates cresting waves. THe slides are fun, the new ride is a real treat (and would be cool as hell at night which is why I want to go to the DVC event) and overall its a lovely tropical getaway

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

The wave pool is crazy. It does one massive wave every ~5 minutes. I mean knock down grown men massive. The new slide looks awesome, and the 3 water coaster ones (water jet propelled mats) are our favorites. The shark and ray swimming tank is a really cool experience as well, but be prepared for the really cold water.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poo poo I think you guys talked me over. I might be able to get some extras in, if I can do any of you want to go? May 16th I think. I'll find out.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

You can always do what I did on my last vacation before I worked here. I got gift cards from friends and family, and I went the day before my reservation was up and put all of the gift cards to cover what I'd spent using room charge on the band. Saved me over 100 bucks.

That's exactly what I meant, so I am totally going to do that! Thanks!

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

Empress Brosephine posted:

Have to carry it around

I believe this is incorrect?

I got a gift card during my last stay for my Disney visa rewards, and just paid off a chunk of my room charges with it at the front desk of my resort.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I might've read the question wrong, I'm so used to telling people they have to have it with them at all times to verify it. So my bad likely.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Bottom Liner posted:

Day one was actually Friday at Disney Springs. Pretty cool that it's a weekend long thing for people that enjoy dressing up. Here's us at the last HS Dapper Day, 50s Prime Time felt very appropriate.

We're headed out for Epcot now.. today I took the smarter approach and went in shorts but still rocking the bowtie and oxfords. I saw enough of them yesterday to say why the hell not I can pull it off.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Doing undiscovered FutureWorld on Wednesday then Garden Grill right after; this stupid company is going to drive me bankrupt :negative:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It's a little too hot after a long and very difficult work week for us to spend all day at Epcot, but we're going to see about stopping at Disney Springs after getting dinner at Nile Ethiopian Restaurant.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Go to blaze pizza if you haven't yet!!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It felt worse today and I dressed down to shorts..

nbakyfan
Dec 19, 2005
Who decides when Dapper Day happens? I've been trying to figure this out for two years now down here. I always heard it from other cast members or on here.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

nbakyfan posted:

Who decides when Dapper Day happens? I've been trying to figure this out for two years now down here. I always heard it from other cast members or on here.

Perhaps try http://dapperday.com

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Forecast said it was 85 today I don't believe it. Felt like 100.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Nooooo. I looked at the forecast for next week when I'm there and it's going to be sunny and 92. In Disney temps that's like 150.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
Does anyone know where in Disneyland I might find a cute little cake, pastry, or something similar? We're getting married during our visit and need a little two-hour sort of thing for a ritual and figured if we could grab something in the parks that might be nice.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Disney does some if you want to call then I'll defer to others for outside the parks.
Braksgirl where you guys staying this trip?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

RabbitMage posted:

Does anyone know where in Disneyland I might find a cute little cake, pastry, or something similar? We're getting married during our visit and need a little two-hour sort of thing for a ritual and figured if we could grab something in the parks that might be nice.

You can probably get something at the Jolly Holiday bakery. Make sure you get and wear their Just Married buttons. We got treated really well when we went there on our honeymoon, especially at the Blue Bayou and Carnation Cafe.

I don't know what a two-hour dessert is.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

I don't know what a two-hour dessert is.

That was my phone autocorrecting two-bite to something it thought made more sense. I'll def check out Jolly Holiday's offerings and we're planning to go grab our buttons first things.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where was the old pleasure Island clubs in relation to Disney Springs? Basically that stretch of shops near Jock Lindsey?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Here's an old map snippet to give you an idea:

Also, seconding the "wear your celebration pins" advice for free dessert.
I took my birthday one off this past trip because I was tired of too many desserts, true story.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

couldcareless posted:

Here's an old map snippet to give you an idea:
I sure do miss the Adventurer's Club. I wish they'd found a way to transplant it somewhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Just got out of Soarin' and I went in fully expecting to come out missing the old version, but Soarin' Around the World is actually really really good :allears: