Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Man watching some of those matches from the ARMS tournament. I was hoping getting it at release would give me an even playing field with everyone else as a new fighting game but these people are pulling off poo poo I can't even keep track of after just two play sessions. This must be what being Krillen is like in Dragon Ball Z

Worse; Yamcha :negative:

I love at one point in DBZ they're doing another world's strongest and Yamcha and Tien just like don't even show up. And then Krillin and Gohan are like "hey guys, what's up?" and they're like "well you're all loving super saiyan now so there's no point..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: ATTN Ausgoons - $58.90AUD Mario Kart with code C5AUS. Click and Collect at your local Target ONLY :siren:

Still think digital is the way to go, but dang that's a tasty little pickup.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
So playing zelda i take it that to make money it only comes from selling stuff and to increase my hearts i just do shrines? I spent most of yesterday playing it but that was mostly doing shrines and running around the world

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jose posted:

So playing zelda i take it that to make money it only comes from selling stuff and to increase my hearts i just do shrines? I spent most of yesterday playing it but that was mostly doing shrines and running around the world

Yeah pretty much. Every 4 shrines you do you can either increase health or stamina. And the best way to make money is selling ores or cooking foods and selling those.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
where is virtual console ;___;

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

my new dog posted:

There's NEO TURF MASTERS which is the only retro game you need

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

my new dog posted:

Hope you like neo geo!

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Playing online mk8d in the airport owns

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

HyperPuma posted:

nice meltdown

I. What?

I really don't understand this place sometimes. It was an attempt to disengage. Christ.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

TFRazorsaw posted:

I. What?

I really don't understand this place sometimes. It was an attempt to disengage. Christ.

He's a shitposter making a shitpost joke, don't take it seriously.

Hadooooken
Sep 6, 2004

Does anyone know the actual ports to open for the Nintendo Switch?
My NAT's D which means I can't play online, and nintendo's port guide tells me to open EVERY loving PORT, and my DMZ is ISP-locked fsr

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Mario kart solved all my life's problems and made me a rich man overnight.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
anyone know if nba playgrounds is digital only? the uk eshop is saying its out next tuesday (9th) but i'm not seeing any listing on amazon or anything.

second i get my huge payslip at the end of the month its gonna be all spent on loving mario kart, nba playgrounds, street fighter 2 and probably arms. probably gonna get those new neo geo releases and wonderboy too. goddamnit nintendo.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Sam Faust posted:

I'm still mad they dropped Zelda and AC stuff in Mario Kart before Kirby.

Can't have Kirby DLC when Air Ride 2 is on the horizon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :negative:

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

If it makes you feel better, I'm sick as a dog so I can barely enjoy it :smith: (Although MK8 in bed is pretty great)

Also dig your Mission Hill av :)

That doesn't make me feel any better at all. Git gud, and by gud I of course mean better.

My having to wait means that I'll get MK8 during one of my busiest weeks of the year, so I might not get to play it very much until the weekend. However, I'm hoping that I can just sneak in a track or two here and there while I wait for things to render or calculate and such. That sleep feature is loving amazing.

My av is the dance that I do every time I get a cheque in the mail. Your av is what i'm going to eat with my supper tonight.

All our avs are great, everyone. :yeah:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Horizon Zero Dawn was spectacular and it definitely would have been the 2017 Game of the Year if Zelda didn't come out.

HZD owned crazy hard. Breath of the Wild owned way harder.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
When the gently caress are we getting animal crossing and monster hunter?

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but whats the recommended case? Should put it in the op, imo.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Dizz posted:

When the gently caress are we getting animal crossing and monster hunter?

On the superior 3DS....

Just picked up the last copy of Mario Kart 8 XL from my local game store, bodes well that it's selling like hot cakes.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Argona posted:

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but whats the recommended case? Should put it in the op, imo.

I think the one they shipped with the special edition of Zelda is the best so far. It has a divider to protect the screen, 12 game card slots, an entire pouch for holding poo poo, and it's decently sized. I got the Nintendo one since I really wanted a slim yet protective one. I has 6 game card slots, a divider that only covers the screen, but no pouch for anything.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/accessories/nintendo-switch-case-with-screen-protector/141858

It's virtually sold out everywhere, but I'd recommend calling up local Gamestops to see if they have it.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
How do I go about getting authorized to talk in the discord? Just downloaded it for iPhone; never used it before.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

There's NEO TURF MASTERS which is the only retro game you need

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Tumbleseed is indie as gently caress

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

FiestaDePantalones posted:

How do I go about getting authorized to talk in the discord? Just downloaded it for iPhone; never used it before.

Type in "!authme FiestaDePantalones" in the authorization waiting room channel thing; the GDN bot will PM you further instructions. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816162 has more info on the authorization process.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Got my switch yesterday. I love it. Zelda makes me feel like a kid again.

However, it isn't recognizing ANY wireless connections. I live in a large complex with tons of them and nothing shows up. I've tried entering my information manually, but that isn't working either.

Anyone solve a similar issue? I've tried restarting the switch multiple times.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Argona posted:

Butterfox or RDS Industries for slim hard cases, RDS Industries Deluxe for a bigger case that can carry the dock and a controller etc.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

NNick posted:

Anyone solve a similar issue? I've tried restarting the switch multiple times.

Like a proper reset?

Hold down the power button until a menu comes up
Go to 'Power Options' and select Shutdown
Start the Switch up again and report back in.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I just picked up this Anleo case and it seems pretty solid. I wanted something less bulky for when I just wanted to take the Switch with me without all the extra junk. Has room for a few games and maybe a cable.

The Zelda one and it's relatives are really bulky in comparison, but they do hold a lot more. When I took the Switch with me to a friend's place, I had my extra joycons in the Surge grips and still had room for more stuff in there.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 30, 2017

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Does anyone have the link to start a Switch repair? Specifically for the left joycon? I'm looking at the official link and it says I need to go through the troubleshooting steps before it'll take me to repairs, but I don't see any troubleshooting steps anywhere. Unless they're talking about the set of links up top, which just gives you a list of individual support articles. Do I have to just call them?

Edit: My problem is that the left joycon that came with the console no longer recognizes being attached to the console. The right one works fine. The other set of joycons I got works fine. I may also be having a bit of the wireless issues everyone's reported, but it hasn't been relevant most of the time.

404notfound fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 30, 2017

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

The PDP case was horrible garbage that I had to return. Thankfully the store just got a bunch of HORI cases which is exactly what I wanted it. It's a tiny bit more bulky but rugged enough to survive a drop. Plus it looks nice.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'm still waiting on the solid red joycons to come in stock somewhere :(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm personally a little amused that the standalone mis-matched colour set of Joycons is Red/Blue instead of Blue/Red, because Nintendo know exactly who is going to buy them.

Myself, for one.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I'm still waiting on the solid red joycons to come in stock somewhere :(

Gamestop's website has had individual colored ones for sale (preowned? :confused:) I ordered the neon edition combination Friday night. Haven't shipped yet though.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 30, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Some bad news, folks. Shaq Fu: The Legend Reborn isn't coming to the Wii U. The good news: It's coming to the Switch instead.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm personally a little amused that the standalone mis-matched colour set of Joycons is Red/Blue instead of Blue/Red, because Nintendo know exactly who is going to buy them.

Myself, for one.

Almost as if they planned it that way so people could have a complete set of both.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
anybody have links to the cool and good matches from the arms exhibition

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cojawfee posted:

Almost as if they planned it that way so people could have a complete set of both.

Oh I know that's why it exists, its just a dumb thing that amuses me. Usually the standalone sets for those sorts of mismatched pairs are just the same as the bundled version rather than the complementary pairing.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

RIP Vita forever, long live Switch

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I fully accept that it may be my big hands, but Mario Kart on JoyCons is terrible for me. Cramp city. Thankfully, handheld is decent and Joycon is great.

The main issue being that getting my fingers to touch the shoulder buttons is just... I feel like I'm trying to get crab meat out of the world's tiniest crab...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
So I was at my brother's playing MK8D with him and his kids, and holy loving poo poo- when did the A.I. get so spitefully aggressive at loving the players?

My last experiences with the franchise was MK, MK64, MK-GBA, and MKDS, and I swear the game never hate hosed me like this game does on the higher difficulties.

Like, not even the other human players, but the A.I. itself.

• Locked thread