Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The episode where Frasier buys an art and has a party but then the artist says the art isn't made by her.

That episode sparked a nice debate with my qife about the nature of art, and whether the origin of a piece should influence your enjoyment.

Uh, I mean, uh... anime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

This show is good but it's tiring seeing the exact same plot devices in each and every show. How many times can frasier end up in a conversation that has two completely different meanings before it gets unbearable?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

the littlest prince posted:

This show is good but it's tiring seeing the exact same plot devices in each and every show. How many times can frasier end up in a conversation that has two completely different meanings before it gets unbearable?

In my experience it still hasn't

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
OK i was totally wrong, this show is loving amazing and im not even on S4 yet. I just got to the one where Bebe has to quit smoking and when she called Daphne a bitch I did a for real spit take Woooooohoooooo

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqhEDV7yaGw&t=210s A lot of times

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
So, nobody is going to touch the hot potato that is Gil Chesterton?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sagacity posted:

Nobody touches Gil Chesterton's hot potato besides his loving wife Deb.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yo, the episode where Niles & Lilith hook up is way more dysfunctional than anything I would have expected from this show based on the first 4 seasons.

Does this ever come up again or do they just brush it under the rug?

If my younger brother hosed my ex-wife I'd definitely hit him in the face and stomach until a separate third party stopped me from mashing his bloody skull paste into the Earth. Fraser, being especially vain, I doubt he could cool down without a lot of booze and rainy Seattle walks and probably a kilo of foie gras

Also Eddie has to be the best trained dog on TV, I'm constantly impressed at the way they write his little gags.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

he's a good dog, bast

revolther
May 27, 2008
Maybe it's against thread rules, but (Cheers)Lilith with her hair down was a goddess.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Sagacity posted:

Great character, deserved a spin off

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

Bust Rodd posted:

Yo, the episode where Niles & Lilith hook up is way more dysfunctional than anything I would have expected from this show based on the first 4 seasons.

If my younger brother hosed my ex-wife I'd definitely hit him in the face and stomach until a separate third party stopped me from mashing his bloody skull paste into the Earth. Fraser, being especially vain, I doubt he could cool down without a lot of booze and rainy Seattle walks and probably a kilo of foie gras

Also Eddie has to be the best trained dog on TV, I'm constantly impressed at the way they write his little gags.

I think it's brought up in the Bar Mitzvah episode. Someone lets it slip, and Daphne becomes jealous. Frasier seems to have handled it pretty well though. Maybe his diet of sherry and foi gras keeps him docile.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It is the late 90's/early 2000's and Frasier has money, he is constantly taking xanax just offscreen.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah, during the S4 thanksgiving episode he makes a very casual remark about slamming some valium to calm his nerves and ask if Lilith still keeps it next to the condoms (!) and I also recall him teasing Niles about forgetting he has his own prescription pad. The idea that Fraser is, in character, pontificating so verbosely while being all floaty-boaty and fluffed up and cloud-headed actually makes this show somehow even funnier.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
ROZ!

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 19, 2017

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Did you hear that Frazier, we can go tubin'!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I like how the cellphones evolve over the course of the series. It started with only super wealthy Niles having a big brick cellphone then eventually Frasier and Martin get one then they have those awful flippy twisty ones

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Frasier will be a good thing to show future generations when we want to explain just how quickly talking on the phone in the car went from a high class to a low class behavior.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also a lot of people forget how the old man Martin Crane endgame was to wait 30 years to marry his children's babysitter

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Also a lot of people forget how the old man Martin Crane endgame was to wait 30 years to marry his children's babysitter

Should have been Cam Winston's mom.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.

Calaveron posted:

It started with only super wealthy Niles having a big brick cellphone
I believe you mean "cellular phone".

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
what is a boy to do?

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

The Regan/Poppy episode was especially bad at this as I recall, to the point where Niles basically says, "You realize we're talking about different people, right?" and Frasier says, "NO WE'RE NOT, I DON'T BELIEVE YOU"

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
roz is my ideal woman

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Calaveron posted:

That reminds me that Frasier got cockblocked not once, but twice by his own dad. Once with the female cop (played by the mom from Malcolm in the Middle) and once by the above-mentioned lady (who was played by the ex-wife from Dream On).

maskenfreiheit posted:

roz is my ideal woman

Hell to the yeah

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I also imagine it was kinda ballsy to feature a main character in prime time TV being an unwed spinster mom who let her 20 year old baby daddy off the hook.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Hell to the yeah

I don't care what decade it is. That will never not be hot.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Is there a site or an album people are getting these roz screen caps from...?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
yo, uh, loving Fraser a lot but this S6 X-Mas episode like, uh, more than a little bit racist in an ADORABLY 90's way

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

biznatchio posted:

I don't care what decade it is. That will never not be hot.

Let's not forget the reason she's dressed like that: because she decided to attend Frasier's Halloween party as the title character from "Story of O". :pervert:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Roz my neg rear end.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Roz my neg rear end.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
the Carlos & the Chicken ep is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJfHc6TL8p0

also,

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Roz my neg rear end.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Frasier transcripts: http://www.kacl780.net/frasier/transcripts/

I would read these at my old job where I couldn't use my office computer to communicate with other people, watch videos or look at pictures

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Today, May 1, HBO has added 15 Minutes, a shlocky 2001 thriller movie about fame and violence that actually was ahead of its time that features old Kelsey Grammer as a scumbag TV news man. Good Lord does he ever chew the scenery like it was so much tossed salad and scrambled eggs.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Mercy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Let's not forget the reason she's dressed like that: because she decided to attend Frasier's Halloween party as the title character from "Story of O". :pervert:

Oh.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

It's gonna be a long night. :v:

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

Bust Rodd posted:

"It's ok, this sort of thing happens all the time... IN ARKANSAS!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The most hosed up episode is the one where a series of awkward misunderstandings leads Niles and Frasier to kill and eat Eddie. Then they replace him with a new dog but Martin doesn't even notice.