Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Piccolo is going to be the best support unit in this team being the third best medic in the series next to senzus and Dende. If you go down he'll blast you in the heart, tell you to walk that poo poo off and give you a sporting pat on the back.

Piccolo owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Do you think Piccolo can rip off his arm like 7 or 8 times before the tournament, then use the dismembered arms as funnels and have them blasting around the arena?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Aurora posted:

Or maybe Champa tries to hustle everybody by dressing Cabba up like that.

Kanos posted:

I think Gohan's confusion was more "whoa Piccolo when did you gain the ability to beat the poo poo out of super saiyans like it ain't no thang".

He kicked the crap out of Dr. Gero even before he fused with Kami.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If we get two cool female saiyans out of this arc, then I won't eat my hat but I'll make jokes to that effect.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Bra, Caula

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Do you think Piccolo can rip off his arm like 7 or 8 times before the tournament, then use the dismembered arms as funnels and have them blasting around the arena?

If he wanted to be gruesome about it. I think he would just use multi-form instead.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Rutibex posted:

If he wanted to be gruesome about it. I think he would just use multi-form instead.

What if they too ripped off their arms and regrew more to have like a Hellgrenade like special beam cage?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Crabtree posted:

What if they too ripped off their arms and regrew more to have like a Hellgrenade like special beam cage?

It will be called the Hand Storm Barrage.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

snickothemule posted:

Piccolo is going to be the best support unit in this team being the third best medic in the series next to senzus and Dende. If you go down he'll blast you in the heart, tell you to walk that poo poo off and give you a sporting pat on the back.

Piccolo owns.

Buu has the same healing power as Dende, otherwise Mr.Satan and Bee would've died to gunshot wounds.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I kind of hope we do have two different female Saiyans. Lady Broly can be her own character while Califlowa thinks she's the hot poo poo.

Maybe Lady Broly is Cali's timid friend or something.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Rudoku posted:

Buu has the same healing power as Dende, otherwise Mr.Satan and Bee would've died to gunshot wounds.

Piccolo can actually be depended on to do intelligent things in support of his teammates, whereas Buu is sort of a "point in the general direction of your enemies and let him go" force of nature. I don't think Mr. Satan is going to be there to ask him to heal Goku after Goku gets pummeled by the four universes combined.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Califlowa is lady raditz.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Piccolo and Buu need to team up as the strechy guys of the team to be defense and apparantly offense considering how much he clowned Gohan by using them with attacks. Just imagine him special beam cannoning with his arm whipping out at you.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I wonder how strong this makes Frost. His final form was dramatically stronger than Freezer's if he could rely on brute strength against Picollo in a way Gohan can't. Although it clearly fell short of Golden, given how easily Vegeta murked him.

If only there were a way to quantify this in numbers...

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HitTheTargets posted:

I wonder how strong this makes Frost. His final form was dramatically stronger than Freezer's if he could rely on brute strength against Picollo in a way Gohan can't. Although it clearly fell short of Golden, given how easily Vegeta murked him.

If only there were a way to quantify this in numbers...

Goku was almost definitely loving around with Frost.

Frost is really weak. If he had the raw power of Freeza, he wouldn't bother hiding behind the facade of being a good guy.

The difference is that Goku knew Freeza was serious due to their history together. It wasn't a tournament fight where he was showing off to another universe and got cocky. He also just really doesn't like Freeza, so he was going all out from the get go.

Freeza himself wasn't fighting at 100% either, while Frost was seriously pushed by Piccolo and had no way out but to cheat.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
On the other transformed state hand, Freeza's a moron who rushed for revenge as soon as he unlocked a form instead of understanding it or mastering it. So really, Goku and Freeza's biggest problem is their arrogance getting in the way of their likely victory. Goku just has the mulligan giver of being both protagonist and a Saiyan to somehow recover from his gently caress ups.

However, Frost may be a little bit like Freeza in that he doesn't really try to train either, right?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Frost seems more involved with the battles but that may just be publicity.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

One would imagine it's not hard to beat enemies that are on your payroll.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Given how much of a gigantic teamkilling dickhead Freeza was and how underhanded Frost is shown to be, it wouldn't be surprising if Frost beat up/killed the people he hired to invade planets while "liberating them" to avoid having to pay them/for the fun of it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So now that Piccolo can beat Mystic Gohan, I guess that means Piccolo is stronger than Buu? I like it, I miss the moments in the frieza/andriod saga when Piccolo was top dog for a few episodes.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

You really need to give up your obsession with power levels.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Not necessarily.

From what we've seen:

Krillen has trained a bit, developed better ki control, and doesn't immediately die when fighting Goku in non SS4 form.
18 is more powerful than Krillen.
Mr. Buu trained for the first time in his life and got more powerful. Able to give Goku a little bit of a challenge.
17 has been training all of this time offscreen. Able to give Goku a little bit more of a challenge.
Gohan finally got back to his Buu saga levels. Will get more powerful before the tournament.
Piccolo has been training all of this time. Seems to be more powerful than SS2 Gohan but not to Ultimate/Mystic/whatever levels. Can beat him with trickery though.
Vegeta is on par or a little more powerful than non kaioken SS4 Goku and is a family man.

So, judging by those showings, Piccolo is probably somewhere around standard Super Buu level and will probably get somewhat stronger training with Gohan.

edit: As the poster above me said, it doesn't really matter, as Super stresses technique more than raw power and doesn't seem to be going back to the old DBZ style of gaining more and more power to beat someone else.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It seems pretty unlikely we're going to have two Legendary Super Saiyan ladies popping up but I guess it's not impossible. However we haven't seen jack poo poo of the other in this case which is a bit weird. I'm guessing it's just a revamp or something.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

It seems pretty unlikely we're going to have two Legendary Super Saiyan ladies popping up but I guess it's not impossible. However we haven't seen jack poo poo of the other in this case which is a bit weird. I'm guessing it's just a revamp or something.

Well I mean, Cali could just be a regular SSJ.

There's nothing wrong with that

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kanos posted:

"whoa Piccolo when did you gain the ability to beat the poo poo out of super saiyans like it ain't no thang".

when he absorbed kami

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Burkion posted:

Well I mean, Cali could just be a regular SSJ.

There's nothing wrong with that

"Take my other sister Cucamba with you too gently caress it"

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I don't care how powerful Gohan becomes he'll always be a chump

How is he a "scholar" when he fails to learn the same lessons over and over? Concussions are real and serious business. Don't let your kids headbutt space aliens.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
So are angels born with their universes or just assigned/tethered to them like GoDs are to Supreme Kais?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Crabtree posted:

So are angels born with their universes or just assigned/tethered to them like GoDs are to Supreme Kais?

We are going to find out lots about angels when all the universes end up fighting them. Until then it is a mystery.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they're assigned aren't they

angels won't get killed like everyone else when their universe gets erased, after all

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

a cartoon duck posted:

Now watch as I eat poo poo when it turns they really just redesigned the entire character from scratch including her personality after the promos.

I think it's the similar looking SSJ forms (the pre-Broly one was shown for the preview Saiyan as well in a magazine), as well as the outfits being similar in all but color.

That said, with different hairstyles, makeup, and body language, I could see there being two different female Saiyans.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

You thought the twist is that this arc will have the first canon female super saiyan, but the twist is that it'll be the first two female super saiyans.

More seriously, Champa's entire game plan is just picking the last tournament's team and filling the rest of the spots with more Saiyans and hoping they'll all figure out how to go super before the tournament. It seems less far-fetched to me that two of those saiyans are women and only the red-clad one goes super than the character pretty heavily featured in promo material suddenly getting completely redesigned to the point that pretty much the only remaining trait is her gender.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The part that confuses me most is this shot in the opening:

She's in this shot with the rest of the Pride Troopers with the hair we originally saw her in, and she's wearing red just like them. She'd also make them a team of five, so it really seems like the original character we saw is supposed to be part of their team. She really seems like a different person than Caulifla.

It's sad that such a simple concept like "two female characters" feels so unlikely that we can't believe it might happen.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

What threw me off the most is that Califlowa's hair just looks like Broly's hair, but girl Broly's hair is definitely different. I would be real happy if we're getting more Saiyan girls who are ready to throw down.

Bodes well for if we get a timeskip for Pan and Bulla too.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Momomo posted:

She's in this shot with the rest of the Pride Troopers with the hair we originally saw her in, and she's wearing red just like them. She'd also make them a team of five, so it really seems like the original character we saw is supposed to be part of their team. She really seems like a different person than Caulifla.

It's sad that such a simple concept like "two female characters" feels so unlikely that we can't believe it might happen.

That doesn't necessarily mean she's part of the Pride Troopers. The previous three frame shot in the OP also had Hit and Magetta show up with Basil and they're obviously not gonna be teammates. Granted, that makes her the only one in that shot that's not a Pride Trooper, but I'm pretty sure the idea that Universes 6 and 7 are the only ones with Saiyans still applies.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Thinking about it, if you notice the preview shot she had the arm braces just like Broly, and has a more timid demeanor. Broly's whole thing was being forcefully calmed down by his father with the tiara or whatever, before exploding in rage. Could Caulifla have the same thing happen?

edit: ^^ Yeah I know, I just think it's strange to have four characters, all of which are pride troopers, in a single shot, along with her. She just blends into their group like she belongs with them, and even wears the same colors.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I got a good laugh from the two ladies walking in front of Krillin and 18's house being surprised by them fighting

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Piccolo has always been as strong as a super saiyan since he absorbed Kami, and it's not like he's sat around doing nothing unlike bitch boy Gohan.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Momomo posted:

I don't think that's supposed to be a Saiyan tbh

I think that's gonna be another Pride Trooper of some sort, a more humanoid one would fit in pretty well with Toppo's Popeye design and the Commander's mechanical implants. I had actually been thinking that was a male character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Piccolo has always been as strong as a super saiyan since he absorbed Kami, and it's not like he's sat around doing nothing unlike bitch boy Gohan.

He clowned on SS2, which was definitely above and beyond him post-Kami. This arc is all about how power is meaningless if you're a moron though.

• Locked thread