Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HJB posted:

So that's how Russian Roulette works

This is going to end up as someone's avatar some day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

This is going to end up as someone's avatar some day.

Norns?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That's for me to know and you to all find out :unsmigghh:

*accidentally gives it to herself in the end*

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Wait, are people really homicidal because Massa held up Vettel in that last lap,or did I miss something else? I wanted a Vettelreich return too, but he was never going to get past Bottas anyway.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I recognized that Vettel wasn't going to have enough laps to pass him. Massa not getting out of the way just made the final lap less exciting to me.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Can someone gif that ToTo expression? I have a feeling we will be needing it a lot this season.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Vettel is going to fight against Boat rear end for the WDC. #hottake

Revoke Iospace mod status for making fun of Sebastian

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Apr 30, 2017

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Funzo posted:

Wait, are people really homicidal because Massa held up Vettel in that last lap,or did I miss something else? I wanted a Vettelreich return too, but he was never going to get past Bottas anyway.

Probably not. But Massa still ruined the fun at the end, it was exciting watching them both go all out. You know, racing.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

uXs posted:

Probably not. But Massa still ruined the fun at the end, it was exciting watching them both go all out. You know, racing.

you just used the words fun and exciting to describe the Russian grand prix

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm currently penning a letter to one Mr John Todt of the FIA asking him to open up an investigation into Felipe Massa, Finnish driver Valterie Bottas and Russian Grand Prix Steward/Finnish National Mika Salo over possible race fixing allegations.

Are you using a pen, a pencil or a bic?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

mrfart posted:

Are you using a pen, a pencil or a bic?

A quill dipped in tears.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Which one of you is posting in motorsports.com comments

quote:

Sack Palmer bring back Maldonado it would be safer

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Poois Shamilton.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Poois Shamilton.

He's gonna retire like Nico and get a restraining order against him by Rihanna two weeks after.

Bottas broke him.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/palmer-grosjean-should-ve-used-his-brain-in-russian-gp-start-900483/

[Picture clearly showing who was at fault]

Lol

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

uXs posted:

It should be noted that the last 8 laps of the race were exciting because of the impending possibility of racing, not because racing actually happened. Either Vettel didn't quite have the pace or Butt rear end was just managing his lead, but they still never even got close enough that someone was able to hit the DRS button.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

It should be noted that the last 8 laps of the race were exciting because of the impending possibility of racing, not because racing actually happened. Either Vettel didn't quite have the pace or Butt rear end was just managing his lead, but they still never even got close enough that someone was able to hit the DRS button.

Nope, Vettel got close enough. Then Massa happened and extracted his revenge (also Bottas used Massa for DRS).

e:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Poois Shamilton.

:redass: for both of you.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
loving love massa

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Norns posted:

No one's really upset

Speak for yourself

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I'm pretty butt hurt about Butt rear end winning tbh

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I mean it's not like he's going to get a WDC and Lewis didn't get a podium.

Almost as good as a Ferrari 1 2

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norns posted:

I mean it's not like he's going to get a WDC and Lewis didn't get a podium.

Almost as good as a Ferrari 1 2

Boat rear end is going to beat Lewis for second at the WDC.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Massa should probably have gotten a slap over the wrist for that and Grosjean is reliving his mis-spent youth. I don't really like Palmer, but that was all on Grosjean.

P.S. Someone please strangle Crofty.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.
I'm sure this has already been posted before, but in honor of the new thread title:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xAHhfhHR8A

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc7av-OXMyg

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

The Sochi circuit is sort of like if the Valencia Harbour circuit and the olf Detroit F1 circuit had a particularly ugly baby.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There are parts of Sochi I kind of like but the track doesn't seem to produce very good races.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I like driving it in f1 2016, but not watching it in real life.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Hey, guess what?

Valtteri Bottas won his first grand prix like anyone who dedicates their life to Williams F1 could have told you watching him from his debut.

You know who else has that sort of potential? 24 Hours of Le Mans winner Nico Hulkenberg. Too bad about his poo poo manager.

:smugdon:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I like to find common ground with people when possible, so I agree completely with what you're saying here- Bottas and Hulkenberg are definitely equal as drivers.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lol

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

gently caress me that was dull

Good work by the bott man, where are all the dickheads who were saying he was bad a couple of races ago now

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Bottas is bad. I'm still here hi

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Yes, and one day you'll get your own opinions instead of just parroting others to fit in

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lol what?

Begall
Jul 28, 2008
Was there a single on track pass after the first couple of laps?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Begall posted:

Nope.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Begall posted:

When everybody was passing a stricken Red Bull.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Race highlights are up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtHtegExhXY

Love how it immediately starts with Alonso crawling out of his McLaren.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Uhhhhh.... ok, watching that, how the gently caress did Lance Stroll spin? I kind of missed that part watching it live. There was literally no contact, he wasn't on curb and was on the inside of the corner. What the hell??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Give him his due that was a poo poo hot start Bottas did, where it went Pete Tong for everyone watching the race was that Sochi is such an appalling track with gently caress all corners that whoever made it round the first corner had won, and we might have well have waved the flag at the end of the first lap and saved ourselves what seemed like an eternity of boring.

• Locked thread