Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

My money is on them announcing MGS6 with a very short teaser showing solid snake, probably voiced by Hayter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

tap my mountain posted:

My money is on them announcing MGS6 with a very short teaser showing solid snake, probably voiced by Hayter.
They still have Metal Gear Survive in the works, don't they?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Yeah it is, but I still think they'll announce 6 even if they haven't started work on it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
My good friend saKAmoto

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ahn ta Ka maki

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Kins posted:

Sony: All the stuff they teased last year, except less of a tease. Also, CoDWW2 and Death Stranding.
MS: Scorpio reveal + launch titles, and a bunch of first party stuff that might even get released at some point.
Nintendo: Who the gently caress knows? Nintendo E3s are always weird.
EA: Battlefront 2, Need for Speed, FIFA... probably some Battlefield DLC and a token indie publishing thing, too.
Ubisoft: Assassin's Creed and probably something weird and/or mildly embarrassing.
Bethesda: Two reveals hinted, possibly new IPs. Would be very surprised if Wolfenstein and The Evil Within don't poke their heads in...
Square-Enix: I dunno. Probably more info on the FF7 Remake.
Konami: An exciting new Parodius slot machine for the Vegas market, and an exotic new Policenauts pachislot with animated scenes powered by the FOX Engine.

I'm hoping for Horizon DLC reveal and maybe the next Tomb Raider in addition to the stuff that is already known. Pie in the sky HEXEN reboot from Bethesda.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hopes: Pokemon for the Switch, footage of Cyberpunk 2077

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

tap my mountain posted:

yeah that sounds about right.

The Kins posted:

Sony: All the stuff they teased last year, except less of a tease. Also, CoDWW2 and Death Stranding.
MS: Scorpio reveal + launch titles, and a bunch of first party stuff that might even get released at some point.
Nintendo: Who the gently caress knows? Nintendo E3s are always weird.
EA: Battlefront 2, Need for Speed, FIFA... probably some Battlefield DLC and a token indie publishing thing, too.
Ubisoft: Assassin's Creed and probably something weird and/or mildly embarrassing.
Bethesda: Two reveals hinted, possibly new IPs. Would be very surprised if Wolfenstein and The Evil Within don't poke their heads in...
Square-Enix: I dunno. Probably more info on the FF7 Remake.
Konami: An exciting new Parodius slot machine for the Vegas market, and an exotic new Policenauts pachislot with animated scenes powered by the FOX Engine.

pretty much. my guess on ubisoft will be new asscreed(which apparently might be a soft reboot) maybe new splinter cell or other clancy game, new watch dogs dlc. new game franchises, and that avatar thing.

EA: will be what you said plus maybe some more star wars game announcements.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is the scorpio a big enough deal to have launch titles? I thought it was basically just their version of the PS4 pro

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

boy, MGS6 would have to really be something to lure me in. I can't imagine it even feeling the same, lacking the direction of Kojima

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Is the scorpio a big enough deal to have launch titles? I thought it was basically just their version of the PS4 pro

It's way more powerful than a PS4 pro.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Andrast posted:

It's way more powerful than a PS4 pro.

yeah but its also Microsoft.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

boy, MGS6 would have to really be something to lure me in. I can't imagine it even feeling the same, lacking the direction of Kojima

if it genuinly looked interesting(unlike survival) id think about it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah but its also Microsoft.

I didn't say it's going to be worthwhile

I would be down for a MGS6 if it was just MGS5 with more stuff, rebalanced and with more actual fortresses to stealth through.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

if it genuinly looked interesting(unlike survival) id think about it.

I haven't looked at the teaser for it since it first came out but I remember thinking as spinoffs go, it didn't look like a bad idea for them. they can have anybody work on it and it'll be a Metal Gear-flavored horde game, it's an actual narrative-based game that seems riskier as far as their audience goes

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Nintendo is going to show off their new Metroid title, Samus' Food Fight. In the vein of Kirby epic yarn and Yoshi's Woolly World, it's a lite Metroid game in a world made of food.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Phil Spencer wants to harness the power of the Scorpio to develop games in a month and make people pay a subscription fee to continue paying developers to make the game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Phil Spencer wants to harness the power of the Scorpio to develop games in a month and make people pay a subscription fee to continue paying developers to make the game.

Following in the footsteps of all the successful episodic games out there like uhh... some telltale games I guess?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

tap my mountain posted:

Nintendo is going to show off their new Metroid title, Samus' Food Fight. In the vein of Kirby epic yarn and Yoshi's Woolly World, it's a lite Metroid game in a world made of food.

stop stealing my ideas I posted this in one of the previous chat threads!!!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

stop stealing my ideas I posted this in one of the previous chat threads!!!

Oh poo poo sorry, I remember somebody posting a Metroid game in that series but I can't believe I subconsciously stole the food idea.

It's a good one

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Andrast posted:

Following in the footsteps of all the successful episodic games out there like uhh... some telltale games I guess?

It makes a lot of sense since the XBox core audience is composed of arthouse gamers with an appreciation for narrative-heavy, heartwrenching episodic games such as The Walking Dead and Life is Strange.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I'm looking forward to what Sony have to show this year because they are on a ridiculous streak of greatness at the moment and they can pretty much kill the Xbox brand off by overshadowing the Scorpio at E3 with game announcements so i expect we'll see some great new stuff.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Metal Gear Survive sucks because it's not continuing the Metal Gear story and is instead just some completely survival game.

Metal Gear Solid 6 would suck because how dare they try and continue the story of Metal Gear without Kojima.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

tap my mountain posted:

Oh poo poo sorry, I remember somebody posting a Metroid game in that series but I can't believe I subconsciously stole the food idea.

It's a good one

It is.

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

food Metroid. metroid but everything's made of food. meatloaf mother brain. raspberries in jelly metroids

Get busy Nintendo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

spudsbuckley posted:

I'm looking forward to what Sony have to show this year because they are on a ridiculous streak of greatness at the moment and they can pretty much kill the Xbox brand off by overshadowing the Scorpio at E3 with game announcements so i expect we'll see some great new stuff.

this. Sony has been knocking it out of the park with exclusives, the only bad one was order 1886. what good ones does Microsoft have. like 1 maybe. the rest are either meh/poo poo/cancelled. i read somewhere that microsoft is probaly going to close up the gaming branch eventually and sell of the IPs.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this. Sony has been knocking it out of the park with exclusives, the only bad one was order 1886. what good ones does Microsoft have. like 1 maybe. the rest are either meh/poo poo/cancelled. i read somewhere that microsoft is probaly going to close up the gaming branch eventually and sell of the IPs.

I think it's likely we'll just see the XBox become a Win10 proprietary gaming machine like it 75% is now.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

Metal Gear Survive sucks because it's not continuing the Metal Gear story and is instead just some completely survival game.

Metal Gear Solid 6 would suck because how dare they try and continue the story of Metal Gear without Kojima.

pretty much. honestly other then another RISING game. i am ok with the main metal gear series being done. yeah 5 story could have been better but it was good enough and tied up a bunch of stuff. if they make a 6, my guess is it will be a metal gear 1 & 2 remake.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I'm so annoyed that Forza is trapped in their horrible "ecosystem".

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

I think it's likely we'll just see the XBox become a Win10 proprietary gaming machine like it 75% is now.

probaly. i like my PS4 because it plays 3rd party games great and its exclusives are great and its UI is easy to use. if the xbone 12.0 is good then awsome, i will trade in my xbone for it. i use the xbone to play old games and some of the "better" exclusives.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the switch is a great companion console for someone who plays pc games

the main thing i hate about consoles are how clunky and slow the interface is, and man is the switch interface responsive

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

eonwe posted:

the switch is a great companion console for someone who plays pc games

the main thing i hate about consoles are how clunky and slow the interface is, and man is the switch interface responsive

i am thinking of picking one up at some point.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
MGS6 will be a pachislot machine or nothing at all.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

spudsbuckley posted:

Xbox is already dead in non english speaking countries, most scorpio sales will be people who are already owners like pro was so it will move a fair number of units within that pool of people no matter what happens at e3

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

probaly. i like my PS4 because it plays 3rd party games great and its exclusives are great and its UI is easy to use. if the xbone 12.0 is good then awsome, i will trade in my xbone for it. i use the xbone to play old games and some of the "better" exclusives.

New xbone will be much better for third party stuff. That seems to be their gimmick, going forwards.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

everyone's personas look loving awful in p5 by the way

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

everyone's personas look loving awful in p5 by the way

No.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?