Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
comes the clippers mighty comeback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

RaySmuckles posted:

i agree, but they were also epically plagued by injuries

but still, doc is hella overrated

Doc should get fired but so should their Strength and Conditioning people.

The amount of injuries they've had over the years is staggering.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
austin rivers has done absolutely everything in his power to give this game to the jazz

take that, dad!

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Doc should get fired but so should their Strength and Conditioning people.

The amount of injuries they've had over the years is staggering.

i heard they like just got a modern medical staff a year or two ago

the team was in pretty dire straights under sterling and ballmer is still trying to bring them up to speed

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wonder how this Clipper team would react to being coached by someone who isn't as good at working the refs.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RaySmuckles posted:

i agree, but they were also epically plagued by injuries

but still, doc is hella overrated

Yeah but if we're gonna play that game, if Doc was less poo poo of a GM the benches might have been better and theoretically put less strain on the starters, which may have contributed to the injuries.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

What if the Lakers somehow swing a Paul George trade and CP3 signs with them? All rumors about CP3 simply are "he won't leave LA" not the Clippers.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Doc the coach has done about as good as you can this series given the circumstances. Doc the GM is to blame for a great deal of the situation, though.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah but if we're gonna play that game, if Doc was less poo poo of a GM the benches might have been better and theoretically put less strain on the starters, which may have contributed to the injuries.

i hear you, and agree in some ways, but as posted above, the organization was really poorly run under sterling and is just being brought up to modern standards

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
well they paid 2 bench players more than starters, so how can the bench suck? oh yeah his sun and a million year old chucker.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

What if the Lakers somehow swing a Paul George trade and CP3 signs with them? All rumors about CP3 simply are "he won't leave LA" not the Clippers.

I don't want to support the Lakers. :(

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I don't want to support the Lakers. :(

Lakers, bitch.

(It won't happen, and even if it did, the Lakers would still be bad.)

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Joe Johnson rules

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Spacebump posted:

I wonder how this Clipper team would react to being coached by someone who isn't as good at working the refs.

Maybe the players would stop being obsessed with bitching to them too

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Jota posted:

I love watching Doc Rivers lose. Him, his bitch kid, and Chris Paul are such an unbearable combination of whiny losers.

:yeah:

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Femur posted:

oh yeah his son and a million year old chucker.

that is pretty hilarious

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Spacebump posted:

That would basically mean the Lakers would give up on the youth movement they've got going on now. I don't think they want to throw in the towel on Deangelo Russel just yet.

And you have to wonder if a core of PG and a 32 year old CP3 would get you to the Finals. If not then it's probably smarter to keep investing in young guys in the hope of being competitive 3 or 4 years from now.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jota posted:

I have been saying this for literally years. This team whines no doubt, but that 100% starts with Doc. If they had a coach who told them to shut the gently caress up, it'd certainly be better than it is now.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Holy poo poo, Downward Dog made it past four episodes? We did it, America. Anything can happen.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Jota posted:

I forget, did his Celtics teams do that also?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
speights is good skipper

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Doc's only successful move has been to save his son from washing out of the league and bouncing around Europe.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

That would basically mean the Lakers would give up on the youth movement they've got going on now. I don't think they want to throw in the towel on Deangelo Russel just yet.

And you have to wonder if a core of PG and a 32 year old CP3 would get you to the Finals. If not then it's probably smarter to keep investing in young guys in the hope of being competitive 3 or 4 years from now.

You are forgetting the wild card factor. Magic Johnson.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spacebump posted:

They win 41 games and lose in the first round to the Warriors next year and Paul George leaves and then Chris Paul gets hurt and the Lakers win 35 games the next season and then the Lakers commit to building around Ingram finally except with less assets than if they just would've waited two years anyway.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
joe ingles so affectionate

Femur
Jan 10, 2004

Probably Magic posted:

Holy poo poo, Downward Dog made it past four episodes? We did it, America. Anything can happen.

I had to look this up, and its talking dogs. man people love talking dogs and babies.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Jack's Flow posted:

Doc's only successful move has been to save his son from washing out of the league and bouncing around Europe.

Felton wasn't a bad move for a bench point guard.

Rick posted:

They win 41 games and lose in the first round to the Warriors next year and Paul George leaves and then Chris Paul gets hurt and the Lakers win 35 games the next season and then the Lakers commit to building around Ingram finally except with less assets than if they just would've waited two years anyway.

If George gets to the Lakers I don't think he is going to leave them.

The real problem with my idea is how much money is tied up in old bad players atm.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 30, 2017

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Clippers losing makes the offseason way more interesting so I'm in favor of that

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Paul George and CP3 with a some solid depth around them is a good team, probably a top 4 seed in the West.

The Lakers would not be able to surround them with that depth considering what they'd have to give up to get George. And Paul at 32 can't hang around three years waiting.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I think a humiliating sweep of 20point blowout would be more interesting through.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
wow got here in time to see the clippers get w-w-w-wrecked

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

tanglewood1420 posted:

Paul George and CP3 with a some solid depth around them is a good team, probably a top 4 seed in the West.

The Lakers would not be able to surround them with that depth considering what they'd have to give up to get George. And Paul at 32 can't hang around three years waiting.

There is no reason CP3 can't age as gracefully as the Kidd did.

DJ on defense some of these possessions is LOL.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
frustrated and sad clippers on their way out of the playoffs after underperforming once again is my fetish.

it only happens once a year

but when it does

:gizz:

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
lmao george hill just walkin on in

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tanglewood1420 posted:

So The Clippers.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

chunkles posted:

wow got here in time to see the clippers get w-w-w-wrecked

Don't jinx it!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Femur posted:

I had to look this up, and its talking dogs. man people love talking dogs and babies.

I saw a trailer for it last year and it was one of the worst sitcom pitches I've ever seen. But life... life finds a way.

But not for the Clippers. Go Jazz.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Don't jinx it!

im terrified everyone is doing this

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The real problem with all these fun scenarios is we all know CP3 isn't going to leave the Clippers after how he set himself up in the new CBA.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So The Clippers.

Yeah, there's no real reason for CP3 to leave the Clippers unless he wants to take a paycut and ringchase on the Spurs or Cavs or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
g0rd0

• Locked thread