Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BriteNite
Feb 28, 2004

I would unironically rather any of the other SLink characters as a permanent party member in the inevitable remake/expansion over Akechi.

Including Mishima.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

BriteNite posted:

I would unironically rather any of the other SLink characters as a permanent party member in the inevitable remake/expansion over Akechi.

Including Mishima.

That's a bad opinion.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I like to think that Mishima is what Akechi would become had he not been granted a Persona.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I don't think "Yoshida would be a more awesome party member than Akechi" is likely to be a controversial opinion. And let's not even get started on Kawakami or Takemi.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Only if his Persona is Nobunaga. And his true Persona is Nobunaga with a gun.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

NRVNQSR posted:

I don't think "Yoshida would be a more awesome party member than Akechi" is likely to be a controversial opinion. And let's not even get started on Kawakami or Takemi.

So-Good Toro would unironically be the best party member in the series.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'll be legit shocked if we never, in any Persona game, see Nobunaga as a Persona of the Fool arcana.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This is the real reason why that choice isn't even a choice

Amusingly that ending does let you save your clear data.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Raxivace posted:

I like to think that Mishima is what Akechi would become had he not been granted a Persona.

Akechi probably would have turned out alright if he hadn't gotten coerced by Yaldabaoth. He wasn't exactly five-o in the head to start with but being around Shido was what did most of the damage.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

For real though, for the remake or expansion or whatever, Atlus has a tough act to follow in Persona 4 Golden, since that added so much content to a game that certainly wasn't lacking.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

Most of the confidants would be cool party members. Just not Mishima. Definitely not Mishima.

A bunch of the confidants would make really solid Phantom Thieves. Like Hifumi was very close to ending up as one. And when Judgement reached rank 10 and it's ability was all question marks I was completely expecting the hidden thing was like Sae joining the crew to replace Goro or something. And I was all for that.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Most of the confidants would be cool party members. Just not Mishima. Definitely not Mishima.

I had to restrain a bitter cackle in the ending when all the Confidants were doing creative, constructive things to prove Joker's innocence, and Mishima is...begging for petition signatures on a street corner, the absolute lowest and most futile form of activism possible.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Someone said this and I don't know if it's true, but apparently if you don't max Mishima, then the Floral Pants Man that you see around Shibuya will be rallying people for the Phantom Thieves?

wanna loving confidant that guy

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

A bunch of the confidants would make really solid Phantom Thieves. Like Hifumi was very close to ending up as one. And when Judgement reached rank 10 and it's ability was all question marks I was completely expecting the hidden thing was like Sae joining the crew to replace Goro or something. And I was all for that.
Mishima obviously wouldn't work.

I like Ohya a lot more than most people but even I can't see her working as a Phantom Thief. I wouldn't want to see Shinya as one either.

Chihaya's a maybe. Everyone else would be awesome.

Moltrey posted:

Someone said this and I don't know if it's true, but apparently if you don't max Mishima, then the Floral Pants Man that you see around Shibuya will be rallying people for the Phantom Thieves?
I didn't believe it myself until I saw the videos, but it's true. Thanks for always believing in us, Floral Pants Man.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

NRVNQSR posted:

I didn't believe it myself until I saw the videos, but it's true. Thanks for always believing in us, Floral Pants Man.
fuuuuuuuuuck

next time I am 100% not finishing Mishima

Floral Pants Man is my new best friend

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Floral Pants Man will rise to the occasion, but only under absurdly specific circumstances.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That is more than we can say for 95% of the people in this game

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

I had to restrain a bitter cackle in the ending when all the Confidants were doing creative, constructive things to prove Joker's innocence, and Mishima is...begging for petition signatures on a street corner, the absolute lowest and most futile form of activism possible.

I never finished his confidant so he didn't do anything at all. Though that doesn't sound much different.

Moltrey posted:

fuuuuuuuuuck

next time I am 100% not finishing Mishima

Floral Pants Man is my new best friend

I never even realised he isn't normally the dude in the scene. An npc that you can encounter around the city was a pretty solid representation of the general Tokyo public imo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Raxivace posted:

Floral Pants Man will rise to the occasion, but only under absurdly specific circumstances.

It's not that specific. It just involves not hanging out with Mishima which I'm surprised more people didn't do.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I liked Mishima.

To make up for this wrongthink, here's a gif I saw of one of the game's finer moments.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's not that specific. It just involves not hanging out with Mishima which I'm surprised more people didn't do.
For a while I thought he might somehow become a better person. Then I thought he was going to loving murder someone if I didn't stop him. Then I had an evening with literally nothing else to do. Then he was max rank and I never talked to him again.

Moon.txt

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
Favorite thing in my NG+ run right now: Kawakami jokingly asking if I had 100,000 yen to spare while I had 3.5 million in small bills and loose change stuffed in my pockets.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dolash posted:

I liked Mishima.

To make up for this wrongthink, here's a gif I saw of one of the game's finer moments.

i can't believe there's people that hate best boy yusuke

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
good game and use of 5 whole days of my life

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Raxivace posted:

I'll be legit shocked if we never, in any Persona game, see Nobunaga as a Persona of the Fool arcana.

I sometimes feel like there's a weird shortage of Japanese/Shinto stuff in the Persona selection, barring their front-and-centeredness in P4 (and given that these are Japanese games)

Like it's wild to me that Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi aren't core high level Sun and Moon Persona

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

TMMTO

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

wizard on a water slide posted:

I sometimes feel like there's a weird shortage of Japanese/Shinto stuff in the Persona selection, barring their front-and-centeredness in P4 (and given that these are Japanese games)

Like it's wild to me that Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi aren't core high level Sun and Moon Persona

You think maybe it's easier to use other cultures' religious figures in fiction? Like in America, ancient pantheons pop up in books, games, comics and movies all the time, but it'd be weird to suddenly drop in a bunch of biblical archangels unless your story was very specifically addressing Christianity.

I know the game frames it as all these gods and spirits being just shadows from collective human imagination, but having more personally familiar religious icons show up might be distracting for the audience.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
If we can have both Lucifer and Helel, then we can also have both Messiah and Jesus Christ (of the Judgement arcana). It's a shame physical damage got consolidated to a single type after Persona 3, otherwise he could've been weak to Pierce :v:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Joan de Arc being weak to Fire is the best joke in SMT probably

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Moltrey posted:

Joan de Arc being weak to Fire is the best joke in SMT probably

Mara is of the Tower arcana, he learns One-Shot Kill and Firm Stance, and he's weak to ice

that's also pretty good

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I've been dreading this in NG+, the pre Okumura arc where Ryuji's weaponized stupidity reaches critical mass.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

If you include Jesus, people are just going to start asking why not Muhammad, and uh...

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Instant Grat posted:

If we can have both Lucifer and Helel, then we can also have both Messiah and Jesus Christ (of the Judgement arcana). It's a shame physical damage got consolidated to a single type after Persona 3, otherwise he could've been weak to Pierce :v:

its prolly a good thing that the physical types are just "hit and gun" now

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Dolash posted:

If you include Jesus, people are just going to start asking why not Muhammad, and uh...

There's a pretty good answer to "why not Muhammad", which is that a whole wackton of people consider it a very serious form of sacrilege to depict him visually.

That doesn't apply to Jesus, people love plastering his face (or at least the non-threatening white dude he's somehow become in popular culture) everywhere they can get away with it.

WWJD? Learn Samarecarm, Salvation, Bless Amp and Divine Judgment probably. Maybe a unique skill that revives all fallen party members.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
a video game where Jesus Christ can fall in battle will never see the light of day in the United States

BriteNite
Feb 28, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I mean I don't like him, nobody does. But he isn't any more broken than Futaba was, he's just badly socialized and suffering from being the repeated target of Kamoshida's abuse. There's room for reasonable character growth from the power of friendship and doing crimes.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

a video game where Jesus Christ can fall in battle will never see the light of day in the United States

"Carpenter"

skills:
Enduring Soul
Salvation
Kougaon

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm still a little bit shocked that I managed to max all the confidants in one playthrough with minimal guide usage. I mean, I came in just under the wire, but I did it. Felt drat good, considering I've never maxed all the social links in a Persona game before. Like, at all. (I don't really do NG+ in these.) Glad I did it in the game where having all of them maxed is arguably the most satisfying--so many "here's all the confidants you maxed out cheering you on and also helping you get out of juvie" scenes :unsmith:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Jesus will never be in a persona game because Japan loves Satan more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

spit on my clit posted:

Jesus will never be in a persona game because Japan loves Satan more
Who doesn't?

• Locked thread