Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Policenaut posted:

They're probably in a parking lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OUYA pronounced OH YEAAAAH

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

FREE THE GAMES

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
microsoft wanted to get a space at the convention center but a single controller took up the whole space and even worse, it had hosed up ram

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Policenaut posted:

They're probably still talking about TV, sports, and call of duty.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

OUYA pronounced OH YEAAAAH

OUYA made a huge miscalculation in coming out when it did, among other things. A cheap console with the power of a high-end Android smartphone and access to the Google Play Store (and emulators) would be a significantly more attractive proposition when you can play poo poo like Final Fantasy IX or Dragon Quest VIII on it than it could back then when "a high-end Android" was a much weaker device. Not to mention the...ahem...emulation element, which would be able to handle up to Dreamcast and maybe PS2/Gamecube.

(OUYA using "easy access to piracy" as a wink-wink nudge-nudge selling point was one of the most hilarious elements of that system)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Patter Song posted:

OUYA made a huge miscalculation in coming out when it did, among other things. A cheap console with the power of a high-end Android smartphone and access to the Google Play Store (and emulators) would be a significantly more attractive proposition when you can play poo poo like Final Fantasy IX or Dragon Quest VIII on it than it could back then when "a high-end Android" was a much weaker device. Not to mention the...ahem...emulation element, which would be able to handle up to Dreamcast and maybe PS2/Gamecube.

(OUYA using "easy access to piracy" as a wink-wink nudge-nudge selling point was one of the most hilarious elements of that system)

Nah, OUYA wasn't that long ago. They could have put Final Fantasy IX or Dragon Quest VIII on the hardware that they did ship. The problem was they didn't have the software. Nobody was going to spend money to port Final Fantasy IX when there was such a small user base, plus you end up competing with smartphone games that cost $1-5 so it makes it hard to charge a proper game price on that console.

Square only just got around to porting games to Steam, and Steam has a huuuuge userbase.

Emulating PS2 on weak hardware sounds like a nightmare to me, it only got up to stable frame rates in the last few years on decently beefy PCs. But the OUYA as it shipped could emulate nes, snes, n64, etc. and still nobody cared because it was just a piece of poo poo.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So I turned on my Switch and no matter how hard I tried, I could not play classic Nintendo video games that came out in consoles that are no longer available but whose games are still very much liked and people are still willing to pay good money for. I mean I couldn't even play Super Mario Bros 1 which I think has been playable on every Nintendo console and portable since the Game Boy Color. Super hosed up and I hope Nintendo issues a patch that fixes this issue or publishes instructions that help me find the way to play classic Nintendo video games on my new portable console hybrid

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Calaveron posted:

So I turned on my Switch and no matter how hard I tried, I could not play classic Nintendo video games that came out in consoles that are no longer available but whose games are still very much liked and people are still willing to pay good money for. I mean I couldn't even play Super Mario Bros 1 which I think has been playable on every Nintendo console and portable since the Game Boy Color. Super hosed up and I hope Nintendo issues a patch that fixes this issue or publishes instructions that help me find the way to play classic Nintendo video games on my new portable console hybrid

hosed up if false

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Calaveron posted:

What? :psyduck:

That's some very weird :words: to say "I'm disappointed virtual console isn't out for switch yet, they should do it soon"

Like, there's no patch and its not a thing that has to be fixed.... its just they haven't put out those games yet. I don't know why you're saying it in such a weird way, like you expect your Switch to be able to take NES cartridges but it has some bug that makes them crash. That's not remotely the situation...

"Super hosed up that Nintendo isn't selling these games yet!!!!" Like uh... I guess?

I mean its weak that Switch had so few launch games ready, Nintendo kinda rushed it to market. But Nintendo always takes awhile to tweak virtual console games for new platforms, so that's to be expected kinda. :v:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Zaphod42 posted:

That's some very weird :words: to say "I'm disappointed virtual console isn't out for switch yet, they should do it soon"

Like, there's no patch and its not a thing that has to be fixed.... its just they haven't put out those games yet. I don't know why you're saying it in such a weird way, like you expect your Switch to be able to take NES cartridges but it has some bug that makes them crash. That's not remotely the situation...

"Super hosed up that Nintendo isn't selling these games yet!!!!" Like uh... I guess?

I mean its weak that Switch had so few launch games ready, Nintendo kinda rushed it to market. But Nintendo always takes awhile to tweak virtual console games for new platforms, so that's to be expected kinda. :v:

Agreed, op

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Zaphod42 posted:

jesus christ

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Could everyone please stop melting down?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

Nah, OUYA wasn't that long ago. They could have put Final Fantasy IX or Dragon Quest VIII on the hardware that they did ship. The problem was they didn't have the software. Nobody was going to spend money to port Final Fantasy IX when there was such a small user base, plus you end up competing with smartphone games that cost $1-5 so it makes it hard to charge a proper game price on that console.

Mobile tech is orders of magnitudes stronger than it was 6 years ago. Ouya ran on a Tegra three generations older than the Switch's Tegra...and 80 times weaker than a docked Switch.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I hope they never bring out Virtual console games out ever again, you guys are very naughty and complain a lot.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Dizz posted:

I hope they never bring out Virtual console games out ever again, you guys are very naughty and complain a lot.

rude

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I hope they bring out Muppet Iwata and he says, "just download an emulator lmbo"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Cojawfee posted:

Could everyone please stop melting down?

what are you opinions about blue shells again?

:laugh:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Patter Song posted:

Mobile tech is orders of magnitudes stronger than it was 6 years ago. Ouya ran on a Tegra three generations older than the Switch's Tegra...and 80 times weaker than a docked Switch.

Oh it was definitely no loving Switch by a mile, but you don't need a Switch to play FF9.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe Microsoft should make Bill Gates a puppet for the common folks to just eat up and love!!!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

what are you opinions about blue shells again?

:laugh:

I don't particularly like them all that much.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they're good actually

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Blue Shellentine

Edit: Blue is the Shellest Color

Edit: My Blue Shellven

vvv loving goddammit

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 1, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Actually it's called a spiny shell

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

add purple shells imo

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

add purple shells imo

What would they do?

Attack the person in last place? :evilbuddy:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Empress Brosephine posted:

Maybe Microsoft should make Bill Gates a puppet for the common folks to just eat up and love!!!

They already had a puppet at their conference back in 2004.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

What would they do?

Attack the person in first place twice

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

If I recall, there was a post that showed how to do Bluetooth headphones/ear buds or whatever with this thing.

Two questions:

1) What's the device I need to do this? Is it this Bluetooth transmitter?

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Connected-Transmission/dp/B00P24XKS8

2) Can I get a recommendation on some awesome Bluetooth earbuds or headset with microphone?

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
I'm feeling a srpg itch. Is the disgaea for switch a huge improvement over the one for vita? And what's the easiest way to purchase it?

Edit: drat you phone posting :arghfist:

FiestaDePantalones fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 1, 2017

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

FiestaDePantalones posted:

I'm feeling a srpg itch. Is the dishes for switch a huge improvement over the one for vita? And what's the easiest way to purchase it?

I was not aware of any videogame console compatible tableware, but I feel they would be quite difficult to purchase.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tempura Wizard posted:

I've got you.

Man, I've gone from complete apathy to lowkey excited about Arms in the space of like two weeks.

Same. I need to see the non motion controls are not disadvantaged though

The Journey Fraternity
Nov 25, 2003

I found this on the ground!

Sam Faust posted:

I was not aware of any videogame console compatible tableware, but I feel they would be quite difficult to purchase.

They'd probably be plagued with sink issues.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I assume Disgaea, which should be the exact same same and include all DLC. I don't think it's out for a few more days or weeks outside of Japan. If you import you get English subtitles and menus. eShop version should be the same, just need to make a JP account and get a card in Yen. This is if you don't want to wait. Launch date is in the eShop under upcoming releases.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i have the jp disgaea 5 and it is really good. the network netherworlds and stuff all work too

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Yeah I meant Disgaea. So is it better than 3? And does the JP version have solely JP voice acting, as one would expect?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I played a bunch of Mario Kart online over the weekend, I can't seem to get higher than third place but my ego is ok because I can just complain about blue shells and poo poo.

Depressing Box
Jun 27, 2010

Half-price sideshow.
I've been consistently placing either 2nd or 5th, so the matching system seems to have a pretty good handle on my skill level.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Start using the screenshot tools more:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zaphod42 posted:

What would they do?

Randomly swap the position of all racers. :getin:

Blazing Zero posted:

i have the jp disgaea 5 and it is really good. the network netherworlds and stuff all work too

How bad is the postgame/LoC/innocents grind? The last time I played a Disgaea game was D4 and I made heavy use of the shop dupe trick to farm up innocents because the only other options were awful poo poo like the Senate or other things worse than D3's PPS method.

I mean, I could just not do LoC-type stuff but the dumb multi million/billion damage stuff is one of the highlights of those games.

• Locked thread