Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I kinda wish the game went more into Igor and Yaldy's relationship. Not only just that they clearly knew about each other if Yaldy decided to impersonate the guy and everything but when Yaldabaoth dies he mentions something like "Ah, so Igor was correct all along". As if the two used to meet and chat about what was cooler between Tricksters or complete societal control. Like how did they Holy Grail meet the long-nosed proprietor of the Velvet Room who before p5 never really had a direct role in the games.

Also, it's just sorta weird to imagine Igor interacting with anyone that's not a protagonist or one of the attendants.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah the Persona 1 Velvet Room literally has the same floor pattern as the Red Room from Twin Peaks.

Despite Igor being maybe the most scary looking dude in his cosmic scale, dude is nothing but chill and the twins are the first time anyone in there has been remotely hostile to you (I don't count Marie, her shtick isn't intimidating)

I honestly don't think there's anything Igor could really do to the Demiurge when he walked in. Like, he's not a human, what consciousness does he have?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Moltrey posted:

yeah the Persona 1 Velvet Room literally has the same floor pattern as the Red Room from Twin Peaks.

Despite Igor being maybe the most scary looking dude in his cosmic scale, dude is nothing but chill and the twins are the first time anyone in there has been remotely hostile to you (I don't count Marie, her shtick isn't intimidating)

I honestly don't think there's anything Igor could really do to the Demiurge when he walked in. Like, he's not a human, what consciousness does he have?

MEGIDOLAON

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Does Haru have a movie date scene

she takes you to a horror movie that scares the poo poo out of morgana. her response amounts to "that was fun, huh?" because haru is a monster that enjoys the suffering of others and also my anime girlfriend

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Another reason why Yaldy didn't immediately fuse Mementos and IRL is because humanity's apathy hit peak me_irl with Shido

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
haru is a walking talking strawberry frosting cupcake

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

darealkooky posted:

she takes you to a horror movie that scares the poo poo out of morgana. her response amounts to "that was fun, huh?" because haru is a monster that enjoys the suffering of others and also my anime girlfriend

This is amazing, NG+ dating status confirmed

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

If there was one thing that I think will stick with me from this game forever it was the end game boss rush with Gabriel/Michael/Uriel and whoever else.There was something so very vivid and good that stuck with me about those fights, if not just the callback to old SMT lore, the intensity of it all.

I did a hold up on all of them and made sure they knew who I was, regardless of the fact that those options did nothing. Something about pointing my gun in Gabriel's face and saying "I want an item, punk" felt so very satisfying and memorable. It could have just been an overactive imagination. I hope hold ups return in the next game for sure.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The other night I was watching Jeopardy and a girl with Haru's haircut was on

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I had a real kneejerk reaction to Haru's excessive sickly sweetness but I really warmed up to her by the end. Doesn't hurt she's probably the best party member too. Lay off the helium though, goddamn.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I gotta admit my first playthrough I thought Akechi actually shot the real Akira in the head and i somehow hosed up and got the bad ending.

Then they explained it and I thought "wow, shoulda seen that coming"

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Pablo Gigante posted:

The other night I was watching Jeopardy and a girl with Haru's haircut was on

was her husband/significant other Joker?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Patting Futaba's head is good and pure btw

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I gotta admit my first playthrough I thought Akechi actually shot the real Akira in the head and i somehow hosed up and got the bad ending.

Then they explained it and I thought "wow, I never saw it coming"

Fixed that for you.

(Wow, Last Surprise is a pretty good song for Akechi getting totally owned, actually)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Patting Futaba's head is good and pure btw

That needed the "time to button mash" option

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Haru is good

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That needed the "time to button mash" option

EVERYTHING needs a 'time to button mash' option

slev posted:

Haru is good

:yeah:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Haru also has a great P. Thieves outfit. Its up there with Ryuji's and Joker's in the top tier.

Ann is at the bottom for breaking the color scheme :colbert:

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

darealkooky posted:

I really like that Haru is nothing but cheerful and composed, but caries a battle ax and a grenade launcher. They make is kind of an open secret that something is a bit off. Also her hair is perfect, so best anime girlfriend indeed.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Then they explained it and I thought "wow, shoulda seen that coming"

I was a little spoiled on the plot so I knew it was coming, but man I bet it's great to get that scene without having any idea that Joker's fine. It's already the best part of the game, but just getting to the animation of all the crew reacting to the news and thinking you just hit the bad end only to be rewarded with a "We got 'em :smug:". Sounds like it'd make the scene even better.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
haru is good and seriously needed an extra dungeon around the team to kinda cement her goodness

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah i bet going into this game spoiler free loving ruled, still really fun knowing everything tho

I like that people comment how fluffy haru's hair is it's cute. tho i do hope she uses her vast wealth to shrink her forehead cause good lord

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Haru's giant forehead is also good

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Moltrey posted:

yeah i bet going into this game spoiler free loving ruled, still really fun knowing everything tho

I like that people comment how fluffy haru's hair is it's cute. tho i do hope she uses her vast wealth to shrink her forehead cause good lord

Oh yeah, going into this game absolutely spoiler-free (besides knowing that Akechi didn't have an Ultimate Persona, which was uh...) was a blast.

also Haru's forehead is perfect just the way it is!!!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Joker and Haru get the most comments about their hair in the game, it is a sign

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I was a little spoiled on the plot so I knew it was coming, but man I bet it's great to get that scene without having any idea that Joker's fine. It's already the best part of the game, but just getting to the animation of all the crew reacting to the news and thinking you just hit the bad end only to be rewarded with a "We got 'em :smug:". Sounds like it'd make the scene even better.

I also got here unspoiled. I kind of started to panic there. I had no reason to think I had messed up really, and I knew SOMETHING was up, but it happens quickly enough that I was legitimately scrambling. Ryuji's smug "Got 'em" moment has transcendent.

EDIT: Haru's extra large forehead is just extra goodness.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Haru also needs to pay for Tae's forehead surgery cause if you look at how much of that woman's face is in like the bottom third of her head holy poo poo

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

Moltrey posted:

Haru also needs to pay for Tae's forehead surgery cause if you look at how much of that woman's face is in like the bottom third of her head than holy poo poo

Maybe she can do something about Caroline's hand too.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

If I could choose between keeping haru's forehead or Akechi in this game I would choose Haru's forehead

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
If I could choose between the horrible gay stereotypes and Akechi...I'd have to think about it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i think akechi is good for the game's plot but is not a good character

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Oxxidation posted:

I'd dearly like to know what kind of sucker-punch Yaldabaoth pulled to usurp the Velvet Room, because history shows that Igor and his attendants are very, very scary people.

I have a little fan theory that the reason the velvet room changed from a room (and with a group of people to just igor and one or two attendants) to something constantly in motion with p3 and then p4 was because it was already threatened and p5 was just the conclusion of that

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im gonna go out on a limb and say i like that theres things that arent explained and in fact i think this game should have explained even less

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

anime was right posted:

i think akechi is good for the game's plot but is not a good character

Goro is good and one of my favorite characters in the game, but I'm glad he's Most Certainly Dead™ and Won't Be Coming Back In Spinoffs™

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ROFL Octopus posted:

Goro is good and one of my favorite characters in the game, but I'm glad he's Most Certainly Dead™ and Won't Be Coming Back In Spinoffs™

its so obvious the exact reason he died like that is so someone with the app is still around so they can have an excuse to hunt him down as the final playable boss in the hit game sequel Persona 5: Arena

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think Akechi is a good character who I enjoy but he's not a particularly likeable person. Which y'know is probably how it should be considering all those murders and such.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I love Goro and think he should probably be in therapy and maybe also jail

cant wait to see him get neither in the next five years

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

I really like hating Goro. I think he is a good character and I am glad he died and hope they can leave him as such. The fact that people have such strong feelings about him and his demise is a good sign, and it's good to leave it there. Everything about his story tied up really well.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Is it bad that I can't even remember what the Velvet Room was supposed to be in P3?

Like I remember P1's Velvet Room much more clearly and I played significantly less of that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Raxivace posted:

Is it bad that I can't even remember what the Velvet Room was supposed to be in P3?

Like I remember P1's Velvet Room much more clearly and I played significantly less of that game.

An elevator :geno:

• Locked thread