Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuddZBptweY
Start at like 7:30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rubbin's racin'

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That wasn't racing by the GT3 :v:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Wow, that's some bullshit driving from the GT3 pilot right there.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Memento posted:

This poor thing was moldering on the side of the road. drat shame, I've always liked those things. Click for unnecessarily huge.

It hasn't been towed away? You can just leave it like that?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Locator posted:

I'm going to assume that she wouldn't have bought it if she didn't like it.

I assume that anyone who is driving a PT Cruiser is doing so because they have no other choice.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
I thought it was generally understood by the motoring public at large that PT in the context of the PT Cruiser means "Pretty Terrible"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pt cruiser more like pt loser

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

dee eight posted:

Y'know, it's not a really ugly car per se if you like that retro style kinda thing. It's everything else about it that sucks as far as I can tell. (Full disclosure, never ridden in or driven one)

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/va-va-vroom-36227

My ex had one and she absolutely loved it for whatever reason.

It's probably the worst car I've ever driven. It had absolutely no redeeming or even endearing qualities.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I think RCR put it best on their PT Cruiser review:

At the end of the day, for most people, its a car. And it works. And its reliable. Its not a great, or even a good car, but its a car that goes from point A to point B.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

I think RCR put it best on their PT Cruiser review:

At the end of the day, for most people, its a car. And it works. And its reliable. Its not a great, or even a good car, but its a car that goes from point A to point B.

For people who aren't performance enthusiasts, it's got a kind of retro, '30s vibe. It's a car with a distinct personality, and those tend to be love it or hate it cars. The FIAT 500 and Mini are similar in that regard.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Deteriorata posted:

For people who aren't performance enthusiasts, it's got a kind of retro, '30s vibe. It's a car with a distinct personality, and those tend to be love it or hate it cars. The FIAT 500 and Mini are similar in that regard.

My household has both types of Fiat 500 owner (my wife and I).

She has a 500 Pop because "It's small and cute and easy to park."

I have a 500 Abarth because "It's loving hilarious."

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

eyebeem posted:

My household has both types of Fiat 500 owner (my wife and I).

She has a 500 Pop because "It's small and cute and easy to park."

I have a 500 Abarth because "It's loving hilarious."

..and in a year and a half, you'll be able to combine them into a single working car! :grin:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Terrible Truck stuff: the Passenger door handle on my 2000 Silverado snapped off in my hand yesterday.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Terrible Truck stuff: the Passenger door handle on my 2000 Silverado snapped off in my hand yesterday.

You could have just said "my Silverado".

:v:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That's not a Mustang.

Alternately: someone was doing their Mustang imitation.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
My mom's got a 2000 New Beetle 5spd and she can't imagine driving anything else. This was fine back when I was nearby and could do maintenance for her, problematic now that I'm 5hrs away and the 'nice shop up the street' ham-fists any job she takes it in for.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

HandlingByJebus posted:

..and in a year and a half, you'll be able to combine them into a single working car! :grin:

Fix It Again, Tony!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Is that just a burnout gone wrong? what happened there?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Johnny Aztec posted:

So in summary, you're complaining about something breaking on a 17 year old vehicle.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Considering he used a 300zx to stop, gonna go with brake failure?
Also, to the dude who rode the engine, enjoy that fact that you still have hands.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

HandlingByJebus posted:

So goddamn true. My Abarth was definitely terrible car stuff.

Dumped it after 7k miles because while it was a blast to drive, everything else just sucked, and it had developed a nasty rattle in the engine that was apparently some factory defect that would have taken months to fix.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
My Abarth has been pretty reliable. I daily drove it for about a year, as did my wife for 2 years with her 500. We both picked up plug in hybrids in October to use for commuting, so we don't drive the Fiats much now, but I try to drive mine a day or so per week.

In the 3 years we've owned her Fiat, it's had to have a window regulator replaced twice, and a battery went dead sooner than it should have. That's it, and both were replaced under warranty with no fuss.

My Abarth has had a multi air solenoid replaced under warranty, and battery replaced under warranty (that probably should have been on me), and the convertible top replaced under warranty. The top was replaced because the spoiler clear coat was coming off, and the only way to swap the spoiler out is to replace the entire top. Very stupid, very expensive, but I got a new top out of it. I complained about road noise after the new top was put on, and they replaced my cracked windshield under warranty (the seal was causing the noise, but they replaced the entire thing for me).

I've been really happy with the quality of service, at least at my dealer.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Seems like a lot of things in a single year.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Goober Peas posted:

So in summary, you're complaining about something breaking on a 17 year old vehicle.

Sorry brah, I'll be sure to run past you anything in the future as to whether or not it belongs in this here thread.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Shrug, more reliable than my BMW 335 DIESEL, HAVE I TOLD EVERYONE ABOUT HOW TERRIBLE THAT CAR IS YET?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I still want a diesel 335. :(

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I know two different otherwise sane and intelligent women who loving loved the poo poo out of their PT Cruisers. They're out there.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
I've got a friend who loves his PT Cruiser Turbo. I think he might actually have a second for his wife. Loves the thing, even after doing a timing belt job on it himself.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Human Grand Prix posted:

It hasn't been towed away? You can just leave it like that?

It's actually quite a nice area, so I'm surprised it hasn't been towed. Possibly the owner knows someone who can prevent it.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

We have had my wife's Fiat since October, 2013. It is a 2013, had 3,000 miles on it when bought, and currently has 30,000.

We have my Abarth since May, 2015. It is a 2013, and had 16k mile or so on it when I bought it. Currently sitting at 34,000 miles. I don't think a multi air solenoid, battery, and spoiler clearcoat is too much to replace (for free) on a 2-4 year old car.

eyebeem fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 2, 2017

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Johnny Aztec posted:

Sorry brah, I'll be sure to run past you anything in the future as to whether or not it belongs in this here thread.

Bah, I just get tired of the online forum 'GM/Ford/Chrysler is unreliable because something broke after 20 years - they don't make em like they used to' trope.

(I've seen countless Accords/Camrys of that generation with broken door handles - and their owners swear they're the most reliable car ever)

Apologies for unfairly assigning frustration towards you.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

eyebeem posted:

We have had my wife's Fiat since October, 2013. It is a 2013, had 3,000 miles on it when bought, and currently has 30,000.

We have my Abarth since May, 2015. It is a 2013, and had 16k mile or so on it when I bought it. Currently sitting at 34,000 miles. I don't think a multi air solenoid, battery, and spoiler clearcoat is too much to replace (for free) on a 2-4 year old car.

The only cars I've had that required that much work have been north of 100k miles.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 2, 2017

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

monsterzero posted:

I've got a friend who loves his PT Cruiser Turbo. I think he might actually have a second for his wife. Loves the thing, even after doing a timing belt job on it himself.

Timing belts arnt that bad on them surpringly. You can jack that engine almost completley out of the bay. Rather do them than the Toyota 3 liter

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

eyebeem posted:

I bought my Prius C in 2014, it was a leftover 2013. Has a touch over 100k now. It's needed a little bit of gas, 10 oil changes (2 were free), 2 air filters, 2 sets of tires and one turn signal bulb to get there. That's entirely too much work for a 2-4 year old car.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

rdb posted:

I bought my Prius C in 2014, it was a leftover 2013. Has a touch over 100k now. It's needed a little bit of gas, 10 oil changes (2 were free), 2 air filters, 2 sets of tires and one turn signal bulb to get there. That's entirely too much work for a 2-4 year old car.

Yeah, but you have to drive a Prius. He gets to drive an Abarth. I'll take his car over two of yours.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Jesus. My turbocharged Italian convertible suffers a broken engine solenoid, spoiler clear coat, and a dead battery over the course of two years and it's some unforgivable tragedy.

What forum am I in, again?

My Ford Flex needed more work than that.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Well, you see, you bought the wrong type of Italian car. Obviously.

At least you're not that forums poster who bought his wife a GLE43 AMG, who only drives it in eco mode, and won't let him drive it. Although, based on your title, the $1200 stroller was pretty unforgivable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
It's a Jeep thing...