Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Complete!

Couldn't be arsed to get the lightbox out this month, so plain tabletop pictures.

Airbrush-painted before assembly this time, the kit goes together really solidly - only pins are in the rear feet/tracks attaching it to the base. All other joins are quite snug and/or have massive contact surfaces. Quite nice to finally paint the model I actually got the airbrush for in the first place :-)

A+, would slice to pieces with a cyber-ninja.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

And this makes 12 consecutive oaths completed. Thank you, comedy forum website something awful dot com for keeping me focused and motivated this past year. I know I'm not going to win any awards but I'm getting paint on models and (I think) getting a little better.

I was going to go for All for One but realized I three of my oaths were things I painted for a friend and I don't have them anymore :(

Anyway, on to season 8!

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these models for April

-Hakaar the Destroyer
-2 Ancestral Guardians

All from Privateer Press, 40mm bases

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Achievement photos (maybe counts as an Oath Addition for spreadsheet purposes?)

All for One!

I had to split this into two photos, because half of the models are in Brisbane and the other half are in Sydney.

And I think that's everything for the year!

Thank you to all of the organisers and judges for running a great thread. I've painted at least one model per month for the past four years now, which is amazing. And thank you to the other participants for providing inspiration and encouragement every month; I know I'm not a really good painter, but I've tried a lot of new things based on what I've seen in these threads.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
For April, I Indolent Bastard oath 1 RAFM mud monster thing.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete

This dragon was painted with Black 2.0, allegedly the blackest, mattest paint available. Not as good as it was hyped up to be, but still blacker and more matte than normal model paint.

One For All

This thread has done wonders for my motivation and productivity. This is by far the most I've painted in any given year. It's even more impressive(to me), considering my house was uninhabitable for three months.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Indolent Bastard posted:

For April, I Indolent Bastard oath 1 RAFM mud monster thing.

Approved! Better hurry though, not long to go!

:siren: 15 hours remaining! :siren:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete

6mm is such a great scale.

THEY ARE 6mm TALL!

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 30, 2017

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Last-minute Oath for my Cyclone, Cygnar faction from Warmachine, Privateer Press. I believe this is one of my oldest models I have.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

The drummer on the left is my journal. He's the drummer from old Warhammer Fantasy Pirazzo's Lost Legion, I googled and he's apparently from 1997, but I think he has been in my bits box collecting dust from the early 00's.

And here's my One for All pics. I forgot to include the Gloomhaven starters in the first pic, but it does include a couple other models when I didn't oath a complete regiment (color testers, similar models in a regiment, etc.) It always feels good to see how much you get done in a year when this thread helps you maintain steady hobby progress.

Knuckle Sammich
May 4, 2009
Unfortunately real life hit hard the past 2 weeks so my first oath will be a failure. Going to finish up the one model I use for my Sunday D&D game and Fresh Start the Necrons for a later oath.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Oath complete

Claiming theme challenge: I think this might be a lead model, its so old.

And here's my One for All

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Oath complete!

E2: If it's okay. I'd like to rescend that last addition (I had in this post). I thought I was going to be able to get all 3 of these done, but it looks like one of my PCs wants to plan more on the color choices.

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 1, 2017

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete!

These are some old miniatures, 1987-1990, and I decided to honor them by painting them in the old GW style and copying the five original craftworld schemes in the 2ed codex. This reminded me of why I hated basing so much before I discovered flock!

And I'm pulling my year's work together here for All for One. Thanks thread for keeping me on task this past year and pushing me into some fun and challenging projects. Here's to Season 8!

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
oath complete!

Not happy with the light sabre, and a few lil things jump out from that pic, but they are done.
Haven't got an all in one pic, but these oaths have been the most minis I've painted in an aaaaaage. Thanks y'all :)

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath complete!

The Lady of Pain. This is for the theme. She's in an old Planescape minis box that has been in my closet for years and years.

Authorized Bounty Hunter

Authorized Bounty Hunter #2

Scarface and Cordelia

Seraph

Scarface and the Seraph are entries for Monster May-hem.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Oath Complete

For the Challenge I followed through with my original plan of using my oldest (and gummiest, as it turned out) paints for the base colors. Pictures of the paint pots are in my original oath post. I used the brown for the fur, blue for the clothing, "flesh" for the spear shaft, and gold for the metal bits. Of course, I supplemented it with other paints for the base, some other details, and the highlighting.

No group picture this season as I can't be arsed.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

wdarkk posted:

Ugh, forgot to post this earlier.

I, wdarkk, oath 3 PHR Cruisers for Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames

I wanted to do a lot more but April sucks for me.

Oath Complete!

Not really feeling it this month. April is usually lovely for me thanks to allergy crap.

Next month should be really good though.

All For One

Busy year!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath Complete

Claiming jurnal and 24 hour painting

Here's my All for one

Thanks again for running the painting thread, and I look forward to participating in the next one!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Red Shoe posted:

Oath complete!
Those robots are stupidly awesome.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Oath complete!

glitchkrieg posted:

How do I go about doing Save the whale? Do I need to re-oath a mini or just use the original oath?

Will be adding my name when I've got access to a computer with Photoshop later!

hexa fucked around with this message at 10:32 on May 1, 2017

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Oath complete

Two old models to claim Jurnal

I love this dapper fucker

And an all for one.

And my favourite models of the year!

And the pint I bought for Zark the Damned on behalf of the oath thread because he has been such a legend this year stepping into the breach after Krushgroove went AWOL. Thanks ZtD!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pyrolocutus posted:

Last-minute Oath for my Cyclone, Cygnar faction from Warmachine, Privateer Press. I believe this is one of my oldest models I have.

Approved!

:siren: 1 hour remaining! :siren:

Red Shoe posted:

Scarface and the Seraph are entries for Monster May-hem.

Just noticed this, please be aware that the new Monster May-Hem is in Season 8 during May :)

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 11:40 on May 1, 2017

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

For the jurnal, the guy in the middle is from about 1990 (with some newer arms and gun)

One for all

It's been one hell of an oath year. Painted most of an army, and a few odds and sods too. Also, I learned enough along the way to complete this guy, who won Skullapalooza:

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 11:40 on May 1, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:scrunt: OATH COMPLETE :scrunt:

An Ogre Captain inspired by Mad Jack Churchill, complete with bagpipes, longbow, sword, and the Churchill family tartan

Claiming theme and it's a rescue with a refurbishment to a very old oath, now no longer embarrassed to put them on the table

Also claiming all for one, turns out I did a lot more terrain than minis this year

1 Dragon Turtle by Reaper Minniatures (25mm)
12x Goblins and 2x Gores by Mantic (28mm)
2x cooking pots, 2x large fires, and picket fence by 3T Studios (25mm)
1 Karnedge Gorefathom, Karkarion Boss by Reaper Minis (25mm)
1 Kraken by Reaper (25mm)
1 Large Drill Platform by Underground Lasers (28mm)
20x 3" laser barrier sections, 4x corners for angled walls, 2x large acrylic billboards, 2x large shipping container, 2x shipping container, 1x angled wall with stairs and acrylic door, 1x Supercomputer by Underground Lasers (28mm)
6x Q huts by Impudent Mortal (15mm)
4 Hexagonal containers, 2 Hexagonal half-containers, 1 Microwave Array, 1 Lightning Cannon, 1 Control Room kit, and 1 Planetary Gate kit by Underground Lasers (28mm)
A helipad, train station, 6" container, 6" walkway, and 9" bridge by Underground Lasers (28mm)
One dragon hatchling black from Reaper (25mm)
One 'Dragons Don't Share' tower by Reaper (25mm)
1 Mr Bones by Reaper (25mm)
Log Cabin Ruin, and Italian Stone Bunker by Acheson Creations (28mm)
XIX Century Pizzeria by Micro Art Studio (28mm)
A ball of polyester fibre, and 10 Tea Lights
2 Train Engines, 2 Train Access cars, 2 Flatbed cars, 7 Train shipping containers, (28mm) and 5 sections of Elevated Highway (10mm) by Underground Lasers
3 Hangars, 1 Workshop, and 1 Warehouse from Impudent Mortal (15mm)
1 Red Dragon Hatchling by Reaper (25mm)
1 Ruined Temple, 1 Eastern Village, and 1 Roman Village by Forged in Battle (15mm)
1 Paraceratherium by Acheson Creations (28mm)
3 Goblins and 1 Ogre by Mantic (28mm)
3 crates, 2 barrels, 2 platforms, and a chest by 3T Studios (28mm)
1 Hay Cart, 1 Turnip Cart, and 2 Scorpions by Warbases (28mm)
Muslin, a leftover plastic gubbin from Ikea, some oak dowel, and a bit of paddle pop stick
1 Ogre Captain with musician upgrade kit by Mantic (28mm)
4 Marauder Guards and 6 Marauder Jacks by Mantic (28mm)

Finally claiming spring cleaning in autumn

Good season everyone!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:siren: Season Complete! :siren:

OK that's it, no more Oathing for season 7! Head on over to Season 8 to continue :)

There's still some overhead for me to finish off for season 7 like the final galleries and chasing down our errant judges but I hope to have those done sometime today.

Overall a pretty good oathing year!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Righty ho, the galleries for March and April are now up. I'll give it a week before sending them for final judgement for people to let me know if I've missed anything - https://saoathgalleries.imgur.com/

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I forgot to claim it in my complete post, but can I still get #SquadGoals for painting five Eldar guardians?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

NP, added

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Zark the Damned posted:

Righty ho, the galleries for March and April are now up. I'll give it a week before sending them for final judgement for people to let me know if I've missed anything - https://saoathgalleries.imgur.com/

I think you missed mine for April. I don't anticipate winning anything, but just wanted to let you know it may be incomplete for collecting my and others' work.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pyrolocutus posted:

I think you missed mine for April. I don't anticipate winning anything, but just wanted to let you know it may be incomplete for collecting my and others' work.

They've not been missed, they just don't get to go in the gallery as the pics don't have your name on them :)

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!

Electric Hobo posted:

Those robots are stupidly awesome.

Thanks! Also stupidly time-consuming.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Zark the Damned posted:

They've not been missed, they just don't get to go in the gallery as the pics don't have your name on them :)

Ah ok. I actually edited in my name via the imgur app since I realized I forgot in my rush last night, but I understand vs a vs being past the deadline.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Maybe there was a weird caching thing going on then, when I downloaded the images earlier they didn't have names, but I've checked again now after a forced refresh and they show OK. Added.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Post Season Breakdown
And now presenting some boring stats for nerds interesting factoids!
  • Over the course of the season we had a mighty 557 Completed Oaths. That's a lot of painting!
  • Overall, 107 people completed at least one Oath.
  • 19 are Masters who completed an Oath every month.
  • 6 are Grand Masters who not only completed an Oath every month, but also completed every Jurnal and Achievement!

Hall of Shame
14 people made at least one oath but never completed any! Booo! They shall have to live on with their honour forever stained by the shame of their defeat.

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 1, 2017

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Signal posted:

Backstory
Spring Cleaning:

These achievements didn't make it into the spreadsheet :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, corrected and updated the stats. Not sure how I missed those :(

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

Zark the Damned posted:

OK, corrected and updated the stats. Not sure how I missed those :(

One more for ya... I'm not seeing my point in the spreadsheet for It's a Rescue.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Can you post a link to the final spreadsheet?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Red Shoe posted:

Oath complete!

drat, son, those TAGs.

Is your bike bounty hunter on a commercial base or a custom thing, and if it's the former, where can I find one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Thanks all for having me as a replacement judge this season! This is one of my favorite threads and I'm always impressed by the great work everyone here does.

• Locked thread