Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Mylan posted:

I'm thinking the Scotsman's ghost sees Jack with Ashi and gets all excited that Jack found himself a wife, making things awkward for a second. That's about as far as love interest I'm willing to tolerate with how little time they've had together.

It would be better of he assumes she's his daughter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Scotsman's gonna be pissed that after a measly 50 years Jack left him to run around with some wood pixie lass.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I'm kinda sad it won't be the Scotsman's force ghost who shouts away Jack's blue/red manifestation of his madness.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Roth posted:

It would be better of he assumes she's his daughter

Comedy option: Both options become right ala Oldboy.

Aku is Lee Woo-jin, and even though Jack beats him, Aku gets his revenge.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I'm sad the Scotsman won't get to make fun of Jack's beard.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

I'm sad the Scotsman won't get to make fun of Jack's beard.

Why, what happened to Ashi?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Phew, that was close.

Skellybones posted:

Aku was such a dick, it drove Jack insane and made him lose his sword.

Oooh, so angry. Be careful samurai, so much stress will give you a heart attack.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yo the goats were so cute that hurting them literally drove Jack insane and imbalanced his soul.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Bust Rodd posted:

Yo the goats were so cute that hurting them literally drove Jack insane and imbalanced his soul.

It's more that he gave into his frustration and murdered innocents that lead to his soul becoming imbalanced.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Oooh, so angry. Be careful samurai, so much stress will give you a heart attack.

You oughtta know by now...

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

TerminalRaptor posted:

Why, what happened to Ashi?

:golfclap:

Also did anyone see the trailer for the next episode? I missed it sadly.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Nude posted:

:golfclap:

Also did anyone see the trailer for the next episode? I missed it sadly.

Jack and Ashi get chased by something, and get lost somewhere. That's all.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Mylan posted:

I'm thinking the Scotsman's ghost sees Jack with Ashi and gets all excited that Jack found himself a wife, making things awkward for a second. That's about as far as love interest I'm willing to tolerate with how little time they've had together.

Ashi doesn't know what marriage is. I wonder if she'll ask if it's some kind of food.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Covok posted:

It's more that he gave into his frustration and murdered innocents that lead to his soul becoming imbalanced.
So you're saying Aku got his goat?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Mraagvpeine posted:

Ashi doesn't know what marriage is. I wonder if she'll ask if it's some kind of food.

And suddenly we're Dragonball.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Shadowlyger posted:

And suddenly we're Dragonball.

In that case marriage is food
Lots of food
Everyday

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Don't forget sex but no kissing.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make
Oooooh, so THAT'S how Jack always ends up getting new clothes! Every time he gets the pants beaten off of him, Vishnu, Ra, and Odin just zap him some new ones, along with his awesome hairdo!

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I've got a dumb question that I never thought of until now. How does Jack know that any old time portal will send him back to the time he wants? Like I assume the initial time portal that Aku sent him to was just "Well gently caress gotta get this guy out of here. Here's a time portal. Who cares where it goes!"

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Repeat to yourself, "It’s just a show, I should really just relax."

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Posting on a comedy forum is not actually as hard as people make it out to be, chief.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Dr.Radical posted:

I've got a dumb question that I never thought of until now. How does Jack know that any old time portal will send him back to the time he wants? Like I assume the initial time portal that Aku sent him to was just "Well gently caress gotta get this guy out of here. Here's a time portal. Who cares where it goes!"

At that point he was super desperate, I don't know if he realized he was unaffected by time yet but I'm sure his thoughts are he's taking the path with the most chance of getting him back. Plus I don't think there were many time portals open back in Jack's original time, so at the very least he'll be able to go back to a time where there were more time portals.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
It'd be neat if we actually got to see the final battle happen after he flies through the portal. Heck, future Aku could follow him back and he could fight two of em'.

Basically, after all this it'd be nice to see Jack actually finish the job.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I doubt anyone is thinking he won't finish the job, the question is more whether he'll do it in the past, undoing the future that is Aku (and thus everything and presumably everyone we know), or if instead he'll do it in the present and preserve the future despite Aku's influence. There's also some question over whether he'll survive finishing the job, or whether in surviving he'll simply leave to enjoy the past and pass his role as protector to Ashi or not.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Scaramouche is gonna die almost as unceremoniously as the Scotsman, calling that

Also I'm probably super late to this but it's a drat shame the original voice actor for Aku died. I was watching some clips of the show and listening to the two and while the new dude isn't bad, it's impossibly huge shoes for him to fill. Still, the character is incredibly good so if a dude can do a vaguely Japanese accent and have a horrible mean spirited cackle, it works

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Servaetes posted:

Scaramouche is gonna die almost as unceremoniously as the Scotsman, calling that

Also I'm probably super late to this but it's a drat shame the original voice actor for Aku died. I was watching some clips of the show and listening to the two and while the new dude isn't bad, it's impossibly huge shoes for him to fill. Still, the character is incredibly good so if a dude can do a vaguely Japanese accent and have a horrible mean spirited cackle, it works

The new VA, funny enough, has made his profession replacing Aku's original VA, Mako.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

To be fair, he did a pretty spot-on impersonation of Iroh's voice in the last season of Avatar.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Servaetes posted:

Calling it now, this is how he dies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK66mxkixFU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Shadowlyger posted:

And suddenly we're Drakengard.

ftfy :v:

Dr.Radical posted:

Like I assume the initial time portal that Aku sent him to was just "Well gently caress gotta get this guy out of here. Here's a time portal. Who cares where it goes! I don't!"

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Final episode credits roll, Scaramouche hops along ready to tell Aku the news but is disappointed when he hears it's all over already.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Scaramouche makes his way in during the final battle right as Jack is charging toward Aku, Jack stumbles over the head and impales himself, and Aku returns Scaramouche to his rightful place as top assassin. Fade to credits, which of course play over a scat cover of the theme

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I want Scaramouche to accidentally banana peel Aku into a time portal and become humanity's incidental savior. Five seasons, seventeen years and one shaggy dog story.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Das Boo posted:

I want Scaramouche to accidentally banana peel Aku into a time portal and become humanity's incidental savior. Five seasons, seventeen years and one shaggy dog story.

If genndy tartakovsky has it in him to make Samurai Jack a shaggy dog story I have nothing but the utmost respect for the man.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Still bummed out over the fate of the goats :(

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

OhFunny posted:

take it from someone whose killed many a-goatkind in their life: those goats jack killed didn't suffer. clean cuts straight through the skull.

unlike the goats my great grandma clubbed :(

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

OhFunny posted:

they were super cute and were this close to helping Jack end his quest :(

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

If genndy tartakovsky has it in him to make Samurai Jack a shaggy dog story I have nothing but the utmost respect for the man.

He did this once with the Dexter movie, kind of, so it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

tsob posted:

I doubt anyone is thinking he won't finish the job, the question is more whether he'll do it in the past, undoing the future that is Aku (and thus everything and presumably everyone we know), or if instead he'll do it in the present and preserve the future despite Aku's influence. There's also some question over whether he'll survive finishing the job, or whether in surviving he'll simply leave to enjoy the past and pass his role as protector to Ashi or not.

It seems like no one entertains the idea that Jack killing Aku in the Past will simply cause a split timeline. One where Aku sends him to the future and one where he's defeated in the past.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

It seems like no one entertains the idea that Jack killing Aku in the Past will simply cause a split timeline. One where Aku sends him to the future and one where he's defeated in the past.

I get a very "there is only ever one timeline" vibe from Samurai Jack. In the original show the intro actually did kind of allude to what would happen "Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now the fool seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku!". Whether or not they will stick to it is up for grabs of course.

It's kind of interesting that this show entire premise is a retcon of sorts.

Nude fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I was kinda hoping that Jack would stay looking like a bedraggled hobo even once he got the sword back.

• Locked thread