Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Section Z posted:

That reminds me of how one of my favorite dramatic reactions from aliens was in X-Men, where they go "Oh poo poo! Scanners say this idiot planet beat Galactus, TWICE :magical:" "TURN THIS SHIP AROUND! :cry:"

Doesn't hurt that Cyclops's dad was a Space Pirate in that, either. I have the standards of a 12 year old I guess :v:

Goddamnit, I remember that scene but I remember nothing else about that issue or what storyline it was in and now that's going to drive me crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

ToxicFrog posted:

Goddamnit, I remember that scene but I remember nothing else about that issue or what storyline it was in and now that's going to drive me crazy.

I just read it a couple of weeks ago which means it's around Uncanny #110, maybe 120?

edit: 105

Unkempt fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 29, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm positive I've read another comic that did the same joke, only in that one the guy who reads up on all the crazy poo poo Earth has survived gets disintegrated when he interrupts the captain to try and warn him?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

I'm positive I've read another comic that did the same joke, only in that one the guy who reads up on all the crazy poo poo Earth has survived gets disintegrated when he interrupts the captain to try and warn him?

This was also X-Men, when they went to a bar :pseudo: ... which I also forget the exact issue of and don't have the example on hand :negative:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Not even a clue as to who's up next

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Apr 30, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hollywood and "weirder" makes me think of Mojo.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Mysterio or Groot.
I'm hoping for Groot.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If they were in Albuquerque heading to LA, why did they need to pass through Nevada? Regardless, they just drove about 12 hours with MJ not bothering to think about why they were going to LA anymore.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
12 hours for MJ to sober up from the ambien is also just long enough for Peter's brain to develop his next thought

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Where is MJ's new truck? :mad:

They're gonna pull into Hollywood, Wonder Man is gonna walk up and ask if they want to team-up for an adventure and they'll just stare off into the middle distance uncomfortably and not answer until he sidles off.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Jerusalem posted:

What do you think they sold for the giant bag of Ambien

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Would they want to start a Vulture storyline now to "coincide" with the Spider-Man movie?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Knowing how rhe timing works, we'll probably get nsm version of rhe winter solider.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Spiderman needs skyscrapers to fight the Vulture. So only if they're going to spend all the time in a flat desert.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

goatface posted:

Spiderman needs skyscrapers to fight the Vulture. So only if they're going to spend all the time in a flat desert.

Reminds me of this:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yay hollyweed!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Are we going to run into clown-9's more successful separated at birth cousin?!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This is a longshot, but i'm hoping for a Robbie Reyes crossover here. Get that synergy with Agents of SHIELD going.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

They're gonna pull into Hollywood, Wonder Man is gonna walk up and ask if they want to team-up for an adventure and they'll just stare off into the middle distance uncomfortably and not answer until he sidles off inexplicably dies.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
huh, so the nsm version of la is completely undeveloped aside from the sign. that's an odd twist.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

huh, so the nsm version of la is completely undeveloped aside from the sign. that's an odd twist.

I'm actually kinda surprised the sign in the NSM universe doesn't still say "HOLLYWOODLAND"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Andrew Garfield hates Mondays.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

While MJ is doing promos, Pete gets swept up in the fast-paced world of movies/social media/bimonthly curated boxes of snacks.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Newspaper Spider-Man: What does he know? Does he know things? Let's find out.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Will MJ be willing to go back to New York once she's dazzled by the green hills of Hollywoo?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

And it is entirely green.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Peter Parker, important business man, here to do a business.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Watch, due to super-hijinks, Spidey will end up having his image stolen for an endorsement ad, and because Pete doesn't want to reveal his identity to the world, he just has to roll over and let them use his "brand power" on billboards and stuff without getting anything out of it.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
So who are the LA superheroes? Spiderwoman, She Hulk, Moon Knight?

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 1, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Epicurius posted:

Sp who are the LA superheroes? Spiderwoman, She Hulk, Moon Knight?

I mean, they all Were at some point, but I don't feel like any of them have been LA heroes for their whole career, just a fair part of it. Same with the Hawkeyes and Punisher. All I remember is that there was an early-ish part of Marvel NOW in which I thought all the people moving to LA were gonna make a new West Coast Avengers (Daredevil, Hawkeye, Punisher and Ghost Rider)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Spider-Man is going to team up with the Runaways.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
God, I'd love to see a Punisher series set in San Francisco.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

God, I'd love to see a Punisher series set in San Francisco.

Every episode should have Punisher idly shooting a hobo making GBS threads on the BART escalators

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Has Punisher ever appeared in NSM?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yes.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Epicurius posted:

So who are the LA superheroes? Spiderwoman, She Hulk, Moon Knight?

There are the Runaways, but they've mostly moved East these days. Hawkman Lady (Kate Bishop) is hanging around there right now, and I think All New, All Different Ghost Rider? I think we're just gonna get stuck with Wonder Man, though.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 1, 2017

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I hope Namor is still running a studio out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

You could probably put in Iron Man and give the excuse that he's going to Hollywood to party. Maybe The Collector shows up and kidnaps the cast of Marvella for his collection so Pete and Thor team up to save the day and casually promote Thor Ragnarok.

• Locked thread