Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

Howard is funny to me because he just looks and has this demeanor like he is going to be a douchey villain, and I was waiting for him to turn into one for like 1.5 seasons, but he is probably the most well rounded, sane person on the show and generally a good guy.
To be fair though Howard took the cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Zebulon posted:

Even Mike is doing it for the sake of supporting family, though. Most of the money he was getting was being set aside to fund a good live for his granddaughter. Even when that gets lost, his main concern is immediately trying to build it back up. That and taking care of his employees.

He's in it for the :10bux:

He basically sees violence as something they resort to because criminals can't just call the police.

So otherwise, he tries to minimize violence and maximize profit.

Obviously, this doesn't always work...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh. I forgot he was a huge dick to Jimmy in Season 1. That's probably a good chunk of what set up my expectations there.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've been hoping for a Hamlin/Nacho sex scene but it's looking less likely every episode

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In general I think Nacho is a bit underused in the series.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Hamlin has always given me an "exasperated lawyer from always sunny" vibe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZQvdDzT5xs

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

veni veni veni posted:

Oh. I forgot he was a huge dick to Jimmy in Season 1. That's probably a good chunk of what set up my expectations there.

The reveal that Chuck was forcing Hamlin to be the rear end in a top hat was really good and very unexpected. I thought both of them just hated Jimmy but when he & Jimmy had their chat it really seemed like he felt a bit of remorse for his actions.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Raxivace posted:

Nacho was in a preview for next episode so it looks like he'll be back for something at least.

Also just watched the latest episode and I can't believe how horrible Chuck was to Ernesto. Setting him up to tell Jimmy and then firing him when he did it.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

Nacho was in a preview for next episode so it looks like he'll be back for something at least.

Also just watched the latest episode and I can't believe how horrible Chuck was to Ernesto. Setting him up to tell Jimmy and then firing him when he did it.

All the while pretending that he has the moral high ground in the whole situation that he engineered specifically to ruin Jimmy's life.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

Howard is funny to me because he just looks and has this demeanor like he is going to be a douchey villain, and I was waiting for him to turn into one for like 1.5 seasons, but he is probably the most well rounded, sane person on the show and generally a good guy.

That's not true at all. Hamlin is a dick. Remember how he treated Kim? He's just not the exact kind of dick we were led to believe he was for the better part of the first season.

Also never forget Hamlindigo Blue.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Cnut the Great posted:

That's not true at all. Hamlin is a dick. Remember how he treated Kim? He's just not the exact kind of dick we were led to believe he was for the better part of the first season.

Also never forget Hamlindigo Blue.

compared to most law firm partners he's actually pretty nice

doesn't sexually harass anyone, doesn't scream... kim could do worse

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Raxivace posted:

Nacho was a huge catalyst for Jimmy's plot in season 1 and Mike's in season 2 though?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Nacho was a huge catalyst for Jimmy's plot in season 1 and Mike's in season 2 though?
He was, but when he's not doing that I feel like he disappears just for chunks of time that are slightly too long to me.

I kind of wish he had as much to do as, say, Hamlin.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I really liked the scene where Hamlin has to jump across a wall to get into Chuck's house.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Agreed. It made me worried for his suit.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

Agreed. It made me worried for his suit.

It really is the tensest show on television right now.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Nacho still should have a fairly big part to play; when Walt and Jesse initially kidnapped Saul he thought that Nacho was after him in BB.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Kim vouched for Jimmy, which convinced Hamlin to do the same with Davis & Main. Pair Jimmy's spectacular flameout with Chuck's manipulation and Hamlin's treatment of Kim is somewhat understandable. When not being pushed around by Chuck, Hamlin has acted like a pretty decent guy. His conversation with Kim when she quit was pretty sincere and I doubt he wishes her or Jimmy any personal ill will. He's not a villain, just a professional with an ego.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Did Chuck fire Ernesto or did Hamlin? I would think that if Hamlin fired him, he would want to know why. I would hope Hamlin wouldn't agree to fire Ernesto for that stupid trap Chuck laid out.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I thought he specifically said Chuck fired him but I could be remembering wrong.

That was some cold poo poo though. Especially after all Ernesto had done for him.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Ernie was fired in the hospital room for lying. Chuck just used him before he let Ernie know his intentions.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Ernesto looks like the biggest nerd ever and his car gives me embarassment

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

drunken officeparty posted:

Ernesto looks like the biggest nerd ever and his car gives me embarassment

The contrast between him and his car is one of the most consistently hilarious parts of this show.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Ernesto is cool and good :nyd:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

His car is hilarious. I get the vibe he bought it straight out of high school and now he is stuck with it.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Honestly I wonder if Hamlin is really aware about Ernie's firing. Like what if Ernie just came to Chuck's home one day after Chuck figured he spilled the beans and then went "ok you're fired, don't come back" and Ernesto just took it as that.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If it does go to trial, I wonder how much Hamlin and the PI's testimonies are really worth. Chuck had them agree to be witnesses, but they didn't really witness anything; they only overheard from the other room because they were hiding in what was ostensibly a sting operation. Anything before they came into the room is still hearsay between Chuck and Jimmy other than yelling and some crashing noises.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You know how Gus was untouchable to everyone aside from Walt?

That was before he murdered the Mexican Cartel though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Tenzarin posted:

That was before he murdered the Mexican Cartel though.

Mike's line comes after that.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
Chuck just sitting there in his evil Grandpa sweater,sipping on some tea. "Ernesto. You have outlived your usefulness."
Slow pan reveal as Chuck pulls a hidden lever, exposing the dreaded pink slip!!!
"One day, Ernesto, you'll see that this was for the best. I am only trying to help you."

LeJackal fucked around with this message at 12:01 on May 1, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mike's line comes after that.

After Gus was gone the Nazi's ran the meth scene, and they killed all their competition. There's a scene where that lady that walt kills, goes to their underground school bus and they all get killed by the nazis. I would guess that there's no one cooking meth on that level anymore. I don't know because the show ends and never explains it so it must not be important.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 12:11 on May 1, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

After Gus was gone the Nazi's ran the meth scene, and they killed all their competition. There's a scene where that lady that walt kills goes to their underground school bus and they all get killed by the nazis. I would guess that there's no one cooking meth on that level anymore. I don't know because the show ends and never explains it so it must not be important.

Hmm, I got the impression that it was more than that. When Eladio kills Gus' partner, doesn't he say something like the only reason he's still alive is because Eladio knows who he is?

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Hmm, I got the impression that it was more than that. When Eladio kills Gus' partner, doesn't he say something like the only reason he's still alive is because Eladio knows who he is?

Right, it has to do with Gus coming from strange, unknown Chile where he may maintain a few powerful connections that could prove awkward. He is mockingly called 'Generalissimo' by some of the cartel members, too. :iiam:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
There's also the photo of gus's with the bank account that they find after they use the magnet truck to kill the laptop in the last half season of breaking bad. They never talk about it after this episode also.

Maybe that's for breaking bad 2 after the saul show.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 12:53 on May 1, 2017

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
That's for the following episode where all the people in Gus's operation are arrested for being paid from that bank account

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I thought they were already arrested after gus got his face blown off.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

LeJackal posted:

Right, it has to do with Gus coming from strange, unknown Chile where he may maintain a few powerful connections that could prove awkward. He is mockingly called 'Generalissimo' by some of the cartel members, too. :iiam:

Exactly. I'm just hoping for some mention of his backstory in BCS. Obviously Mike has learned of Gus' importance before we meet him in BB, so I wonder if we'll learn anything. I both don't want it spoiled, and at the same time want to know the full story.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I think the pool side murder happens way before the start of bcs so it probably won't be in the show

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

underage at the vape shop posted:

I think the pool side murder happens way before the start of bcs so it probably won't be in the show

No offence, but I can't even tell the trolling from legit posts anymore.

This thread! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

No offence, but I can't even tell the trolling from legit posts anymore.

This thread! :argh:

That scene was like in the 70s or something.

• Locked thread