Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vespertillian
Oct 9, 2012

tpink posted:

Legitimately curious - when does the bf mention come in? Like, you are cuddling in post-coital bliss and then she just drops it out of nowhere?

Nah, that girl mentioned how excited she was for me and her boyfriend to meet the morning after when she was leaving my apartment. She realized pretty quickly that she'd somehow forgotten to mention his existence and the tone of the morning changed quickly from a sort of prolongued goodbye flirting to a hasty and awkward departure.

She drunk messaged me two weeks later with some garbage about us having a genuine connection and how her boyfriend was boring in bed or w/e, but I ignored it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Vespertillian posted:

I have bad date stories!

My worst date/possibly this one dudes worst date: In highschool I was friends with a group of three guys - I'm always pretty blatant about being a lesbian and everyone seemed chill at first. We hung out and played videogames and drank pretty frequently.
One of them texted one day telling me to come hang out with them all at this one arcade. I show up and of fuckin' course he's the only one there. He muttered something about the other guys ditching but said that he already bought the tokens the arcade machines used, so I should play some of the games with him.
 I was kinda unassuming and naive back then so I was like, okay, sure. Afterwards, he asked if I wanted to go get a coffee. I declined as I was starting to feel that the situation was a bit odd. He insisted on walking me to my car and then looked at me expectantly. I got in my car, waved at him, and drove off.
I got home and my phone had a novel on it about how I was a bitch for not at least giving him a hug after how well he thought our "date" went.
I texted him back something along the lines of "You said the other guys ditched, were you inviting them on a date too? I think you'd have better chance trying to get with (other male friend from group)  lol"
He never responded to that text and I never hung out with him alone again, but a couple months later he screamed a heartbroken confession of his love to me at a party after finding me making out with his sister; I laughed at him. He began to weep and then ran away from the party and into the crisp winter night, presumably a broken man.

My worst date that I was not tricked into via ambush wasn't really that bad - I met up with a Tinder girl for lunch. She seemed pretty normal. We talked about a bit of casual stuff - the weather, families, poo poo like that. At some point I asked about her hobbies.
She proceeded to talk about Steven Universe for about 30 minutes straight despite my desperate air of disinterest towards the subject. She then entreated me earnestly and with great urgency to create a Tumblr.
I mentioned that I don't really see watching TV as an actual hobby and asked what else she did in her spare time. She started to talk about some other cartoon, and any further atempts to change the topic always led back to fandoms and cartoons. It was like she was a missionary for the church of latter day children's animated shows or something.
She was 24 and allegedly getting a masters degree in women's studies and was upset when I wouldn't go on a second date with her.

I've also had a couple of first dates go entirely innocuously if not outright fantastic only to have the girl mention at the end -with one of them it was after we banged-  that they really liked me and they're excited for me to meet their up-to-that-point-unmentioned boyfriend.
It's left a bitter taste in my mouth and unto this very day whenever anyone mentions polygamy I scream, firmly clasp my scalp between my hands, and pull hard enough that my skin rips off and beneath the bloodied cover of my skull glimpses are revealed of my enraged frothing brain.

Trap sprung on that Steven Universe bit.

Sorry about the "I have a boyfriend" bit :smith:

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home

Elsa posted:

:downswords: FAT gently caress :downswords:

Nice selfies on an Internet forum about jokes.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Tribal Rival posted:

Nice selfies on an Internet forum about jokes.

lol thanks

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Was a second or third date. We were gonna grab a couple drinks at a German bar in town.
While walking down the sidewalk on our way there, we run into a friend of mine (D) who was with another couple I've never met before. D says we should all grab drinks together since they were heading to the same place. I say sure after my date nods.
We all sit at a table and D grabs a Boot for the table to start us off. The other couple are silent this whole time and refuse the boot when D tries to pass it to them. D then tries to pass it to my date who then says she doesn't like beer. The awkwardness starts to sink in.
D tries to get the other couple to talk, but it's becoming painfully clear they don't want to be here. The dude is giving one word answers. The girl isn't saying anything.
My date doesn't seem to notice any of this, and begins telling the disinterested couple about her life while me and D pass a Boot back and forth. I'm trying to finish this thing as quick as possible, but D is as oblivious as my date and takes his sweet time.
I'm getting uncomfortable now and freeze up. The other couple is now noticeably angry. My date starts mentioning out-loud that I'm acting strange all of a sudden.
I try to snap myself out of it, and start to bring up a fun story to D. My date then says, out-loud, "see, that's better!" and I freeze again because what the gently caress. The other couple is now just staring at the floor. D is sitting in his stool just happy to be out, I guess.
I slam back the rest of the Boot, take it back to the bar, say my good byes to the group, and walk outside with my date. I say my goodbye to her there before we both grab ubers and take off. I text her that night and say things aren't going to work out.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

I really is unbelievable how common it is for dudes to go through their younger years wondering why girls don't like them, never realizing the multiple opportunities that were staring them in the face.

I had been good friends with my partner for several years before we got together, he was not having a good time dating and I was happily single and one night we were hanging out at his house drunk and high and he was telling me about the last few lovely dates he had been on. I asked if it was OK if I kissed him and I did and he said he didn't like it and it felt weird. I said OK, I understand. A little while after I said let me try one more time...

We were in loving within a few minutes and now completely in love and starting to talk about getting married. It was apparently right there in front of us the entire time and all it took was some drugs and alcohol to make us realize it.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

TwoStepBoog posted:

Was a second or third date. We were gonna grab a couple drinks at a German bar in town.
While walking down the sidewalk on our way there, we run into a friend of mine (D) who was with another couple I've never met before. D says we should all grab drinks together since they were heading to the same place. I say sure after my date nods.
We all sit at a table and D grabs a Boot for the table to start us off. The other couple are silent this whole time and refuse the boot when D tries to pass it to them. D then tries to pass it to my date who then says she doesn't like beer. The awkwardness starts to sink in.
D tries to get the other couple to talk, but it's becoming painfully clear they don't want to be here. The dude is giving one word answers. The girl isn't saying anything.
My date doesn't seem to notice any of this, and begins telling the disinterested couple about her life while me and D pass a Boot back and forth. I'm trying to finish this thing as quick as possible, but D is as oblivious as my date and takes his sweet time.
I'm getting uncomfortable now and freeze up. The other couple is now noticeably angry. My date starts mentioning out-loud that I'm acting strange all of a sudden.
I try to snap myself out of it, and start to bring up a fun story to D. My date then says, out-loud, "see, that's better!" and I freeze again because what the gently caress. The other couple is now just staring at the floor. D is sitting in his stool just happy to be out, I guess.
I slam back the rest of the Boot, take it back to the bar, say my good byes to the group, and walk outside with my date. I say my goodbye to her there before we both grab ubers and take off. I text her that night and say things aren't going to work out.

Uh so did you ever find out from D what the deal was with the other couple, like why he was with them and stuff?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Izzhov posted:

Uh so did you ever find out from D what the deal was with the other couple, like why he was with them and stuff?

Oh you sweet summer child...

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Should have called him C

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
A woman at the bar and her husband had a big argument where he was being a jerk and he left. She asked me to walk her home because he left and when we got outside and I asked her where she lives she was like "no, to your house". I obliged and we hooked up a couple times afterwards as well.

They got back together eventually and still frequent some of the bars I do. The husband glares at me but I'm not really that worried about it since he looks like the guy who tried to steal the frozen dinosaurs from Jurassic Park.

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
I had met this girl online and things were going pretty well. One of the things we initially bonded over was that she was from the same small town my parents were from. I had asked one of my family members about her family because they had gone to school together. This led to my uncle talking to her father.

On our third date we meet for lunch and as she sits down she drops the bombshell: we're cousins. I think she's joking but then she starts mentioning names in my family tree. Apparently our great great great grandfathers were brothers. I guess technically it's fine but we are both so disturbed by the idea that we quickly ate and then went our separate ways.

Fortunately we hadn't gone further than a hug. Didn't stop my co-workers from calling me cousin fucker though.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

chickie nugs for brekkie posted:

I had met this girl online and things were going pretty well. One of the things we initially bonded over was that she was from the same small town my parents were from. I had asked one of my family members about her family because they had gone to school together. This led to my uncle talking to her father.

On our third date we meet for lunch and as she sits down she drops the bombshell: we're cousins. I think she's joking but then she starts mentioning names in my family tree. Apparently our great great great grandfathers were brothers. I guess technically it's fine but we are both so disturbed by the idea that we quickly ate and then went our separate ways.

Fortunately we hadn't gone further than a hug. Didn't stop my co-workers from calling me cousin fucker though.

One of the very few episodes of 30 Rock I've sat down and watched had this very situation play out.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

SpaceClown posted:

I got a half chub from this.

Not cause of the kinky almost-rape that you narrowly avoided, but because you reminded me about that terrible scooby doo movie with scrappy as the final boss.

I remember being a kid and watching that scene where everyone changes bodies, because I thought Sarah-Michelle Gellar was hot and I figured if I could just get my mind swapped with hers, I could totally see what she looked like naked.

But yeah, gently caress that movie now. I don't want to have to sit through a kids film on a first date again. I'll reserve that for more consistent flings

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

You realize literally every human being you could possibly date shares a common ancestor at some point, right

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

You're about as related to that woman as you are to any random woman out there

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I see some of us married cousins

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
has someone linked the indiana jones bad dates with the dead monkey scene yet, if not pretend did here cya

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Consider this, friend. You could actually live in that small town like me and be technically related to half the people in a bar any given Friday.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Heath posted:

You realize literally every human being you could possibly date shares a common ancestor at some point, right

Date outside your race maybe. I mean, your point still might hold true, but not for a few, like, dozen generations.

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

Heath posted:

Well yeah mister Dawkins but it might have been easier if our families didn't go to the same church. Also the two brothers I mentioned married two sisters so I would have been multiplying my chances of having a flipper baby.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Heath posted:

Turning pedantry into cousin-loving is a helluva trick.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I dunno about you, but my great-great-great grandfather died in 1882. I think 130 years of separation is probably sufficient.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Well yeah mister Dawkins but it might have been easier if our families didn't go to the same church. Also the two brothers I mentioned married two sisters so I would have been multiplying my chances of having a flipper baby.

That's Sir Dawkins, you dundridge

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Oh yeah that reminds me of an aborted date where I learned she had the same last name as me just before we were about to meet up. When you figure that out there's just no going forward after that. It's too loving weird.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i was once on a date and the girl would not shut up about her melting rear end in a top hat and how many points was demeritted from her work portfolio or something idk i jsut went to the bathroom and flushed myself down the closest toilet i could fine :shrug:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I went on a date with someone and after 15 minutes it was super obvious to me it would never work, so I started talking up somebody i knew who was single for about an hour until they got the hint and we parted ways and that couple is still together to this day.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

"deliver me ten thousand skulls" she said

"ten thousand skulls and my body shall be yours, traveler"

I mean, thats just too many skulls

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Fartbox posted:

"deliver me ten thousand skulls" she said

"ten thousand skulls and my body shall be yours, traveler"

I mean, thats just too many skulls

i know a site that you can easily get your skull fix .......

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

I went on a date with someone and after 15 minutes it was super obvious to me it would never work, so I started talking up somebody i knew who was single for about an hour until they got the hint and we parted ways and that couple is still together to this day.

Really sugarcoating the slave trade there

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
Your Awful Dates: gently caress YOUR COUSIN YOU WEIRDO!

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

it's okay when you think about it we're all related somewhat anyway

Lurks Morington
Aug 7, 2016

by Smythe
'I'm a grower, not a show-er' he said, anemic penis resting atop his balls

Cannondellah
Mar 17, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Space Race Riot posted:

I once took a poo poo in a date's oven and wiped my rear end with her potholders because she kept taking phonecalls from her ex and leaving the room. I won't stand for that kind of inconsiderate behavior.

What the gently caress is a potholder

I think the worst date I ever had was this one girl who parked like a mile away from where I told her to park on the beach. I also thought she would be late because she was a chick so I ended up having to basically jog a mile to get to her on time. This was in heavy jeans, boots and fairly warm weather. I was sweating like a monster when I finally got up there. I spent the first ten minutes at the restaurant drinking ice water and asking for more napkins. When we finally settled into the date she wouldnt stop complaining about her job, almost like it was my fault, like angry complaining. Then she never called me again. I wanted her to. Her family was rich and had a boat. Maybe they would have shown me what potholders are.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Cannondellah posted:

What the gently caress is a potholder

I think the worst date I ever had was this one girl who parked like a mile away from where I told her to park on the beach. I also thought she would be late because she was a chick so I ended up having to basically jog a mile to get to her on time. This was in heavy jeans, boots and fairly warm weather. I was sweating like a monster when I finally got up there. I spent the first ten minutes at the restaurant drinking ice water and asking for more napkins. When we finally settled into the date she wouldnt stop complaining about her job, almost like it was my fault, like angry complaining. Then she never called me again. I wanted her to. Her family was rich and had a boat. Maybe they would have shown me what potholders are.

its that thing you use to pick up pots so you dont burn your hand you weirdo.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
one time I went on a summer date to the beach and my date showed up in heavy jeans and boots. Then he ran a mile to where I was parked instead of driving there. Then when we went to a restaurant, he chugged gallons of water and wiped his sweaty body down with napkins. Also he admitted he was unfamiliar with the concept of a "potholder"

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

walgreenslatino posted:

one time I went on a summer date to the beach and my date showed up in heavy jeans and boots. Then he ran a mile to where I was parked instead of driving there. Then when we went to a restaurant, he chugged gallons of water and wiped his sweaty body down with napkins. Also he admitted he was unfamiliar with the concept of a "potholder"

Did you ghost his poor rear end?

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

akma posted:

Did you ghost his poor rear end?
you know it

this thread is an amazing honeypot

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

Outstanding. Probably for the best.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/fab-lifes-whitney-thore-learns-that-shes-dating-her-cousin-w473834

When you find out you are dating your cousin and that she is also a whale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

but i thought you were gay 3O, which one of these is you?

• Locked thread