Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

gently caress you Triple Sulk you pulled 250 ahead again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

the fake news media need to do a better job of translating trumpese. 'considering it' dont mean poo poo.

Kinda like how when Sean Spicer says 'the President has been very clear on this' it means he has been completely incoherent, or when he says 'I'll have to get back to you on that' it means he's never going to talk about it again.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

i was waiting for the motorcycle to take off and crash through a window

but it never came

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

zegermans posted:

I awlays thought the pink for girls was cause vagina

counterpoint: I thought pink for guys was because they liked vaginas

well some of them anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

i guess PRESIDENT CONSIDERING THING is a better headline than president is dumb as poo poo

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

lmao

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

brugroffil posted:

The South had zero interest in this, though. They wanted an expansionist slaver empire that covered the Western Hemisphere.

e: the shooting started before the Secession Crisis even kicked off in late 1860. Any more "compromises" were just kicking the can a tiny bit further down the road, especially after Dredd Scott.

Abolishing slaver was kind of a favor to the South. It was already being ended elsewhere and you don't want to be dragging that bullshit around with you through the next decades.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

triple sulk posted:

blue used to historically be the color for girls and pink for the boys. it was only reversed some time around the mid-20th century iirc

hows it goin STEPHEN Q FRY LORD OF FRYSDALE

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

i guess PRESIDENT CONSIDERING THING is a better headline than president is dumb as poo poo

you can only write that second one so many times

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Also lmaooooo gently caress You Obamas

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/01/politics/trump-michelle-obama-girls-education/index.html

quote:

The Trump administration is discontinuing a signature girls education initiative championed by former first lady Michelle Obama, according to officials.

The "Let Girls Learn" program, which she and President Barack Obama started in 2015 to facilitate educational opportunities for adolescent girls in developing countries, will cease operation immediately, according to an internal document obtained by CNN.

Glad Ivanka is doing so much for female empowerment!

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Augus posted:

how won't he?

All is not lost, nothing mattering means Trump can't destroy the economy.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Press Briefing with Press Secretary Sean Spicer: Beginning Shortly

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

Guy Who Has to Tell Steve Mnuchin what Trump Just Did isn't having a great Monday either

https://twitter.com/AdrianWongTV/status/859087931373486080

It feels weird to say this.

But we've all got to start paying less attention to what the President of the US says.

Just look at what happened to the wall.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Lord of Pie posted:

Andrew Jackson was super mad about the civil war, which started like 25 years after he died

Thank Jeezus that I don't have to worry about anything happening 25 years into my future!

TRUMP

Me, a conservative: Actually Trump was praising Jackson's foresight in addressing the early issues and proto conflicts that were the seed of the civil war, 25 years in advance as a forward thinking statesmen who looked out for the long term health of the nation

Me, also: Global warming is a hoax and we need to divert all available resources to saving Coal Miners jobs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That budget is not awful

I don't understand

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Vladimir Putin posted:

Abolishing slaver was kind of a favor to the South. It was already being ended elsewhere and you don't want to be dragging that bullshit around with you through the next decades.

Even after slavery was abolished, it was barely abolished. Congratulations, you're free! Also we can lynch you for any reason, congregating with 1 or more other folks such as yourself is a crime to be paid with hard labor, you may not vote or leave the county, and if you want to eat food you're welcome to work at my farm so that I might pay you in food and housing. What a coincidence, I happen to have accommodations for you already! The South bled hundreds of thousands solely for the right to say they legally owned humans as opposed to only owning them as a matter of fact.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/01/politics/trump-michelle-obama-girls-education/index.html

haha that's so pathetically spiteful

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Shageletic posted:

Just look at what happened to the wall.

*looks*

*notices that it's ten feet higher*

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

GobiasIndustries posted:

Why are we teaching foreigners more then they'll just take more of our jobs. Makes perfect sense.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

euphronius posted:

That budget is not awful

I don't understand

turns out forming a majority in the house requires taking on so many moderates and crazies that you can't actually do anything.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/859096740150083585

CUCK

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

euphronius posted:

That budget is not awful

I don't understand

Republicans are terrible idiots
Republicans are terrible idiots with limits to their rapacity.
Pick one.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

i was waiting for the motorcycle to take off and crash through a window

but it never came

if you want a motorcycle crashed right you gotta do it yourself

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Seriously. How do these dipshit news orgs not realize that "yeah, I'm mulling it over in the old hole-filled brain" is his coded way of screaming "I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Augus posted:

people who teach leadership courses must be hanging themselves right now

I've said it once or twice since November but the unmourned victims of the past election/this administration is anyone who got a Poli Sci degree in the last couple of decades, because all of that poo poo has been turned on its head in this poat-escalator world of ours.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

GobiasIndustries posted:

ivanka is a money wraith, so it'll be easy for her to sleep at night.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

weekly font posted:

Seriously. How do these dipshit news orgs not realize that "yeah, I'm mulling it over in the old hole-filled brain" is his coded way of screaming "I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT"

the only people he gives interviews to have a vested interest in making him look better than he is

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

euphronius posted:

That budget is not awful

I don't understand

its easy to forget nowadays but the house GOP was already full of poo poo tier trumps who know about as much about governing and only got elected by yelling about obama

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

to recap, democrats were evil obstructionists for not supporting the AHCA but they're evil obstructionists for helping pass the budget

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

C-Euro posted:

I've said it once or twice since November but the unmourned victims of the past election/this administration is anyone who got a Poli Sci degree in the last couple of decades, because all of that poo poo has been turned on its head in this poat-escalator world of ours.

lol, reminds me of myself getting a video production degree like a few months before Youtube exploded. The primary medium we used was DV tapes lol.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 359 days!

GobiasIndustries posted:

Noice, we can buy 3 & 1/3 tomahawk missiles with what we're saving on this

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

dang after i finish replaying lufia 2 im goin back to smrpg

e:spice sometime for ten minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOjxz9T-Dsw

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

C-Euro posted:

I got a poli sci degree in august fml

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

euphronius posted:

That budget is not awful

I don't understand

turns out in America that the opposition government actually has more power than the majority??

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

makes me think

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol, reminds me of myself getting a video production degree like a few months before Youtube exploded. The primary medium we used was DV tapes lol.

mini dv ftw :yeah:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg9JnTr1SfY

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

in case you're wondering how the preeminent political pundit Bill, Bill Mitchell VII, is taking this, it's 100% paul ryan's fault

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

dang after i finish replaying lufia 2 im goin back to smrpg

e:spice sometime for ten minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOjxz9T-Dsw

i remember thinking back then that like, video games would keep getting better :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

in case you're wondering how the preeminent political pundit Bill, Bill Mitchell VII, is taking this, it's 100% paul ryan's fault

scorching hot take

• Locked thread