Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

1 inch betacam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
JOHN DICKERSON: So but in the bill, as it was analyzed, there were two problems. One, and you talked about this with Congressman Robert Aderholt, who brought you the example of the 64-year-old who under Obamacare the premiums--

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: But that was a long time ago, John.

JOHN DICKERSON: But has that been fixed?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: Totally fixed.

JOHN DICKERSON: How?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: How? We've made many changes to the bill. You know, this bill is--

JOHN DICKERSON: What kind though?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: --very much different than it was three weeks ago.

JOHN DICKERSON: Help us explain because there are people--

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: The bill--

JOHN DICKERSON: --out there wondering what kind of changes.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: Let me explain. Let me explain it to you.

JOHN DICKERSON: Okay.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: This bill is much different than it was a little while ago, okay? This bill has evolved. And we didn't have a failure on the bill. You know, it was reported like a failure. Now, the one thing I wouldn't have done again is put a timeline. That's why on the second iteration, I didn't put a timeline.

But we have now pre-existing conditions in the bill. We have -- we've set up a pool for the pre-existing conditions so that the premiums can be allowed to fall. We're taking across all of the borders or the lines so that insurance companies can compete--

JOHN DICKERSON: But that's not in--

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: --nationwide.

JOHN DICKERSON: --this bill. The borders are not in--

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: Of course, it's in.

JOHN DICKERSON: --this bill. It's in that third bill, right, because--

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: It's in the second phase.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: It's called phase one, phase two. And that's, in effect, second phase, which will get approved, which will quickly get approved.

JOHN DICKERSON: Let me--

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: But let me just explain something. There will be such competition. Right now, there's no competition. There will be such competition by insurance companies so that they can get health care and the people taking care of health care.

JOHN DICKERSON: So--

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: The other thing we're going to have is groups. Groups of people can negotiate. What's going to happen is the competition is going to drive down the premiums. In my opinion, much, much more than people understand.

JOHN DICKERSON: So what you've just described is the bill that you previously had said you worried wouldn't help your people. And here's why I ask. You said, "Pre-existing conditions."

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: No, there were things in the other bill, the first version, which were not as good.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: But when I watch some of the news reports, which are so unfair, and they say we don't cover pre-existing conditions, we cover it beautifully.

JOHN DICKERSON: Although--

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: I'll tell you who doesn't cover pre-existing conditions. Obamacare. You know why? It's dead.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

deathbysnusnu posted:

There would absolutely be a government shut down, and I'm guessing a good chance we don't raise the debt ceiling. Also, we'd be at 8 supreme court justices.

Still better than now.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Captain_Maclaine posted:

There's a passage in Grant's memoirs, the exact wording of which escapes me at the moment, but boils down to "ultimately, the South should be grateful that the war resolved the question of slavery because it was so backwards and cruel that had it continued there'd have been a bloody racewar which probably would have resulted in the deaths of most/all white southerners at some point in the near future, and they'd pretty much have had it coming in that case."

Jefferson wrung his hands about this while serving as Washington's secretary of state too because of the slave revolts in what is now Haiti that resulted in the brutal evisceration of basically every white guy on the island

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

haha holy cow, the GOP got nothing

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

only mindset experts can truly understand his messages

how many tubes of glue do u need to huff to get into the "trump mindset"?

gotta be at least 4

GobiasIndustries posted:

I love that you can just ask Trump "would you consider _________?" And he says yes. Every. Single. Time.

*SNIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFF*

gotta leave all options on table bing bong bigly so simple

*passes out*

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ahaha, they just made an announcement that Spicy will be on in 10 minutes, the entire briefing room just started making fun of him

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

does anyone have that farmer/workers doing fusion dance and turning into stalin image?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

That DICK! posted:

Say it ain't so, I will not go. Poop on my butt, poo poo on my bones.

what's all this about "a little windmill"

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/859100701120761859

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: I'll tell you who doesn't cover pre-existing conditions. Obamacare. You know why? It's dead.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Why the gently caress hasn't a reporter asked Trump to describe how a bill becomes law yet

100 days in and there's still exactly as much of a chance that he knows this as he did this time last year

"Mr. President, now that you've been in office for a few months, we wanted to provide you with some additional detail on the legislative process, to give you a better sense of how things work in Washington. It's somewhat complex, so bear with us."

*Turns on Schoolhouse Rock "I am a Bill" segment and grimaces, bracing for a flurry of inane questions*

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I don't know why Breitbart isn't included on this, they went pretty hard on Chobani, too

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Coolguye posted:

Jefferson wrung his hands about this while serving as Washington's secretary of state too because of the slave revolts in what is now Haiti that resulted in the brutal evisceration of basically every white guy on the island

Yeah, unfortunately his conclusion was "you know, maybe I was a little too extreme with my whole 'liberty is good' thing, just look at those poor white aristocrats dying at the hand of the savage Africans."

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Joementum posted:

JOHN DICKERSON: So but in the bill, as it was analyzed, there were two problems. One, and you talked about this with Congressman Robert Aderholt, who brought you the example of the 64-year-old who under Obamacare the premiums--

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: But that was a long time ago, John.

JOHN DICKERSON: But has that been fixed?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: Totally fixed.

JOHN DICKERSON: How?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: How? We've made many changes to the bill. You know, this bill is--

JOHN DICKERSON: What kind though?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: --very much different than it was three weeks ago.

JOHN DICKERSON: Help us explain because there are people--

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: The bill--

JOHN DICKERSON: --out there wondering what kind of changes.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: Let me explain. Let me explain it to you.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: This bill is much different than it was a little while ago, okay? This bill has evolved. And we didn't have a failure on the bill. You know, it was reported like a failure. Now, the one thing I wouldn't have done again is put a timeline. That's why on the second iteration, I didn't put a timeline.

But we have now pre-existing conditions in the bill. We have -- we've set up a pool for the pre-existing conditions so that the premiums can be allowed to fall. We're taking across all of the borders or the lines so that insurance companies can compete--

JOHN DICKERSON: But that's not in--

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: --nationwide.

JOHN DICKERSON: --this bill. The borders are not in--

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: Of course, it's in.

JOHN DICKERSON: --this bill. It's in that third bill, right, because--

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: It's in the second phase.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: It's called phase one, phase two. And that's, in effect, second phase, which will get approved, which will quickly get approved.

JOHN DICKERSON: Let me--

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: But let me just explain something. There will be such competition. Right now, there's no competition. There will be such competition by insurance companies so that they can get health care and the people taking care of health care.

JOHN DICKERSON: So--

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: The other thing we're going to have is groups. Groups of people can negotiate. What's going to happen is the competition is going to drive down the premiums. In my opinion, much, much more than people understand.

JOHN DICKERSON: So what you've just described is the bill that you previously had said you worried wouldn't help your people. And here's why I ask. You said, "Pre-existing conditions."

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: No, there were things in the other bill, the first version, which were not as good.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: But when I watch some of the news reports, which are so unfair, and they say we don't cover pre-existing conditions, we cover it beautifully.

JOHN DICKERSON: Although--

*kisses fingers*

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

haha holy cow, the GOP got nothing

they don't note the 15bn increase the DoD got, which is more than all the democratic wins combined

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

$150mil in arts funding. thats like 3 times as much spent on trump's personal security hell yeah

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

magiccarpet posted:

well today's spicer showdown should be completely uninteresting

I don't want to get ahead of it so I'll get back to you on that

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i love mr joan cornetto

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/NPMRP/status/859081261045997569

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

thanks comrade

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Zas posted:

$150mil in arts funding. thats like 3 times as much spent on trump's personal security hell yeah

it's about as much as he spent to miss an airfield

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

hahahahahahahaha

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

That DICK! posted:

Say it ain't so, I will not go. Poop on my butt, poo poo on my bones.

TFW you are wiping someone else's poop from your own booty hole.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
alex jones, 2020: im homeless because yogurt has a 200 mil dollar judgement against me

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

an easy fix for this would be to forbid active duty military from serving in civilian roles in the administration

OH WAIT THAT ACTUALLY IS THE LAW

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

an easy fix for this would be to forbid active duty military from serving in civilian roles in the administration

OH WAIT THAT ACTUALLY IS THE LAW

I don't like laws. They're rigid, and draconian, and needless and they get everywhere

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/DevlinBarrett/status/859077580787515392

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Yeah, unfortunately his conclusion was "you know, maybe I was a little too extreme with my whole 'liberty is good' thing, just look at those poor white aristocrats dying at the hand of the savage Africans,"

the more i read about jefferson after the revolution the more shockingly bad his judgement really is

like when a completely blood-crazed france declared war on england and prussia in a bid to forcibly burn down all the monarchies in europe, washington and hamilton are like "UH yeah we're gonna be neutral and, you know, NOT stick our balls in that particular meat grinder" and jefferson was like "naw dogg we should make them bid for our allegiance and enter the war on the side that bribes us most"

the federalists are all for "acting like adults" and tommy j is over here going "butt being a rogue state is AWESOME :coal:"

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Coolguye posted:

they don't note the 15bn increase the DoD got, which is more than all the democratic wins combined

this is like 3% of the DoD budget so you know whatever

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aliquid posted:

*kisses fingers*

https://twitter.com/nycguidovoice/status/841025132210479104

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

hey are there any languages out there accepting refugees cuz the way Donald is abusing my tongue has me itching

same family preferred but I'll make exceptions if you're at least a 7

hmu bitches

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

drat republicans are getting hosed

E-CIGARETTES

The spending agreement requires FDA review of "e-cigarettes, little cigars, cigarillos, hookah" and all cigar products. Lawmakers from tobacco-producing states had been pushing to exempt thousands of e-cigarette flavors from federal review, according to congressional aides.

EXECUTIVE ORDERS

There's language in the bill requiring the Office of Management and Budget to detail "the expected costs of Executive Orders and Presidential Memorandums." President Trump has signed 30 executive orders in the first 100 days of his presidency.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Al! posted:

alex jones, 2020: im homeless because yogurt has a 200 mil dollar judgement against me

alt-right drinks milk before it has a chance to turn into yogurt and fight back

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Zas posted:

That's gonna be one hell of a big rear end Trump portrait

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

drat republicans are getting hosed

E-CIGARETTES

The spending agreement requires FDA review of "e-cigarettes, little cigars, cigarillos, hookah" and all cigar products. Lawmakers from tobacco-producing states had been pushing to exempt thousands of e-cigarette flavors from federal review, according to congressional aides.

EXECUTIVE ORDERS

There's language in the bill requiring the Office of Management and Budget to detail "the expected costs of Executive Orders and Presidential Memorandums." President Trump has signed 30 executive orders in the first 100 days of his presidency.

Grover Norquist ain't gonna be happy

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
well fortunately most of the EOs hes signed have been "hey somebody should look into [thing]" so i think their cost is going to be limited to legal fees from the ones that actually try to do anything getting tied up in court

• Locked thread