Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Empress Brosephine posted:

Fast selling means jackshit if you don't have systems and more customers to sell more copies too. Zelda had the same type of PR spin but it still struggled to remain its slot in number two last month.

im gonna be honest i glaze over your posts about 3 or 4 words in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had trouble finding a online game last night at 2 am in Mario kart. And any game I found wasn't full. They need to get more switches out to fans so I can enjoy my kart game

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Jimmy Hats posted:

Eh, just bumble around for a bit, there are incredibly strong weapons scattered all over the map in this game.

I've got one with a rating of 50 but its mostly the fact they'll all break long before I kill it and 1 shot kills me currently

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Empress Brosephine posted:

Fast selling means jackshit if you don't have systems and more customers to sell more copies too. Zelda had the same type of PR spin but it still struggled to remain its slot in number two last month.

The first true sign of a dead console; selling too many consoles.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Jose posted:

I've got one with a rating of 50 but its mostly the fact they'll all break long before I kill it and 1 shot kills me currently

Are we talking about a shrine guardian robot thingy? They tend to telegraph their attacks from a mile away. Big swords can be dodged and punished by backflips, whereas small sword and spears are punishable by side jumps. You can also do shield parries against the smaller weapons without too much trouble.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Jimmy Hats posted:

Are we talking about a shrine guardian robot thingy? They tend to telegraph their attacks from a mile away. Big swords can be dodged and punished by backflips, whereas small sword and spears are punishable by side jumps. You can also do shield parries against the smaller weapons without too much trouble.

Alternative: Upgrade Stasis, kill them.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Kashuno posted:

The first true sign of a dead console; selling too many consoles.

Holiday Season 2017

Me (dumb): wow literally everyone on Earth has a Switch, that's great for Nintendo.

Methodis (wise, learned): now who will they sell consoles to? You idiot. You loving moron.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Spellman posted:

Where does Mario Kart 8 exist on the Zelda timeline

That's easy, since it's Skyward Sword Link and his level takes place on land we know it's after Skyward Sword. So Mario Kart 8/8D is currently the 2nd game in the Zelda timeline.

Placing the Smash Bros games in the timeline is a bit harder and probably involves transporting the Links that appear across time.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Alternative: Upgrade Stasis, kill them.

:eyepop: i can do that?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Spacebump posted:

Placing the Smash Bros games in the timeline is a bit harder and probably involves transporting the Links that appear across time.

Zelda looks like Twilight Princess Zelda but has a ghost knight attack so TP happens after Spirit Tracks??!?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

The steering assist has been great as my 6 year old LOVES the game. With its help she can dominate 50cc and all she wants to do is play more Mario Kart (this is her first video game ever). She is now working on power sliding to work her way into 100cc :3:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

As someone else said, abuse the cooking system in BotW, it's pretty much required for much of the early game. That, finding and upgrading armor especially the soldier armor from hateno village , and making sure you have a few fairies stocked up from the great fairies fountain removed a lot of the frustration of getting one-shot for me

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

are there bottles in this zelda? I've not found one so far if there are

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
The bottle monopoly has finally been broken; anything you would have needed a bottle for in past Zeldas, you can do without one now.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah we had a string of these last night where this one guy managed to (easily) get first like 5-6 times in a row while 2nd-6th kept loving each other giving 1st place even more space.

The term for this is "crab mentality" aka crabs in a bucket.

Crabbuckit by k-os is a good listen.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

There actually are three bottles, most people seem to finish the game without finding any though.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Tender Bender posted:

There actually are three bottles, most people seem to finish the game without finding any though.

You fucker I went and googled this and fell for it :(

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Jimmy Hats posted:

You can actually kill that first lynel with him not seeing you by climbing one of the rocks and popping him in the back of the head with arrows and hiding when he turns your way

I would say Zora first simply because nearby shrines are where you find all the pieces of climbing gear

I'm missing the drat pants. Where are they?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Staying in first is easy in Mario Kart because the second place person is getting lovely items, and the first place person only ever gets items to defend themselves from the odd red shell that 2nd manages to acquire. Being able to sometimes destroy the blue shell and always replenish your coins keeps your speed high

Being in 2nd is what really sucks because the 3rd place person seems to be able to conjure 3 red shells at a time on a whim

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Guys, it's not going to ruin my cartridge if I lick it right? I'm assuming I just need to lick the casement not the contacts? Curiosity has got the better of me and I'm going to taste the bitter.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Tea Bone posted:

Guys, it's not going to ruin my cartridge if I lick it right? I'm assuming I just need to lick the casement not the contacts? Curiosity has got the better of me and I'm going to taste the bitter.

I lick all my cartridges, I even forced my wife to lick one. But yeah, don't lick the contacts.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Licking cartridges is the new blowing cartridges

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I was doing just fine in the Puyo Puyo Tetris campaign till it asked me to do Big Bang Puyo.
Guess it's time I actually learnt to play PP properly :(

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

I was doing just fine in the Puyo Puyo Tetris campaign till it asked me to do Big Bang Puyo.

Yeah this is where campaign stopped being fun for me too.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Always lick your game cards to make them uniquely yours

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

You don't even need to lick them, change a game out then eat some popcorn, peanuts, or chips. The first few are going to taste bitter.

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013

LionArcher posted:

I'm missing the drat pants. Where are they?

Look for a Shrine near the south eastern base of Mount Lanaryu. I think it's behind a destructible rock wall.

NormenKD
Jul 14, 2013

quote:

"I'm using tilt controls."
It's the only way to rub a little salt in the wounds between tracks.

Also, who could've known: Mario Kart is a fun game :stonk:

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Pyswagoras posted:

Look for a Shrine near the south eastern base of Mount Lanaryu. I think it's behind a destructible rock wall.

Thanks!

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Looks like I'm buying MK8D digitally.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Fly with me posted:

Looks like I'm buying MK8D digitally.

I don't think the game that was released four days ago is on that list, fam

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I'm ready to buy some dope shirts

http://www.uniqlo.com/utgp2017/us/

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The contest was won by a shirt design probably already being sold by Walmart?

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
I think my Zelda is defective, I licked it and it's not that bad. Is there a help line or something?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Cojawfee posted:

The contest was won by a shirt design probably already being sold by Walmart?

I too was expecting super sweet, fashionable graphic tees, not stuff already being sold by Gamestop, Walmart, and Hot Topic

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tumbleseed is out today, in cool countries where it's already the 2nd of May

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krTrmFQvsC0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0SHWvIOE7Q

I'm a bit trepidatious on it, but it's def a cool concept.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Lakbay posted:

I too was expecting super sweet, fashionable graphic tees, not stuff already being sold by Gamestop, Walmart, and Hot Topic

Most of them are Very Bad, however some of them (Splatoon, Pikmin) are Very Good. I am going to go to the store to buy the Splatoon shirt. "I'd like to buy the Splatoon shirt, please", I will say to the person stocking the shelves at Uniqlo. They will look at me and likely have no idea what I am talking about.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Thank you to everyone who recommended Kamiko, it's a tidy li'l top-down slasher for $5 that doesn't wear out its welcome but does offer three playable characters in case you want to stick around. Great old-school feel and didn't go for any stupid gimmicks.
Also, I didn't realize each character had a charge attack until reaching the final boss (btw, the final boss requires using your charge attack).

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Jimmy Hats posted:

Eh, just bumble around for a bit, there are incredibly strong weapons scattered all over the map in this game.

While this is true, doing the modest and major tests of strength before you've got some additional hearts, decent armor, and a cache of decent weapons is somewhat futile (unless you're a flurry attack god or something). They're susceptible to ice and electrical elemental damage though, so those help immensely if you try for them in the early game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Teenage Fansub posted:

I think Puyo fever is a good teaching tool for a couple of reasons:

1) all of the preset chains have EXACTLY one trigger point that sets everything off, being able to figure out where that is is an important skill to have
2) you can shove off puyo unrelated to the trigger off to the side, but be careful they don't accidentally set of a different part of the chain
3) once you get good you can start extending the chain past its designed length, since the next fever board they give you is always finished chain +1

• Locked thread