Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MikeCrotch posted:

Just like the TRUE heroes of America, football players and pro wrestlers :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Mike Vining did not look ripped while he was in.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

MikeCrotch posted:

Just like the TRUE heroes of America, e-sports gamers :patriot:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
werent the dangers of steroid use hilariously overblown? or is it that theres safer steroids than anabolics nowadays?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

It was over blown in the sense that they took the extreme reactions and worst side effects to create the rep. That and it was hilariously abused so there was a higher than expected rate of significant adverse reactions.

Today its a matter of what people are injecting. At some point they started shooting up horse hormones mixed with gasoline and cyanide because whats responsible use....

Yes that last part is hyperbole but the point is, they are still hilariously abused, and they are getting into some pretty sketchy poo poo in the quest for SIK GAINZ.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

cowboy elvis posted:

Mike Vining did not look ripped while he was in.

The scariest SF dudes are the normal-sized ones

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
being a huge ripped dude is real fuckin stupid for infantry/sf work since you need huge amounts of oxygen to move those slabs of beef, so you eventually turn purple and die after running 500 yards straight

kinda reminds me of when that polish strongman tried to get into mma. he was real scary for 90 seconds until he gassed, then you could just push him over

just looked him up, the shady polish org he fights for is still setting him up with cans to smash lmbo

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I always thought SF would discourage becoming a meat monster as a good part of their job requires blending in with the locals

Edit: tattoos on these guys always made me scratch my head

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Scratch Monkey posted:

I always thought SF would discourage becoming a meat monster as a good part of their job requires blending in with the locals

Yeah, I feel like the Mike Vinings of the world are better at their job because they could blend in better whereas when you get guys who look like John Cena pretending to take a leisure tour of Peshawar there's little room for doubting who they really are.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 2, 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Smooth operator

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

National Lampoon's Beruit Vacation starring Mike Vining.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 2, 2017

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah, I feel like the Mike Vinnings of the world are better at their job because they could blend in better whereas when you get guys who look like John Cena pretending to take a leisure tour of Peshawar there's little room for doubting who they really are.
Yeah, I mean theseguys look like...well your average Americans (well one looks like a hipster or Carnikcon's dad).

Vinning looks more like a guy who'd be doing an audit for IBM's accounting department.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Handsome Ralph posted:

National Lampoon's Beruit Vacation starring Mike Vinning.

I'd watch the poo poo out of that.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MA-Horus posted:

I'd watch the poo poo out of that.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah, I mean theseguys look like...well your average Americans (well one looks like a hipster or Carnikcon's dad).

Pretty sure the guy with glasses is Vining.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 2, 2017

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
It's me, "always has to piss" McCormick

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

Pretty sure the guy with glasses is Vinning.

Yeah, I just meant he had the more atypical look of the group (and it's not even that different)...though he does look like Dugan.

Also looking at that graduate photo...someone was named Knoblock.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

What operation is that pic from?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I think that's returning from Eagle Claw

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Mike Vining.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

werent the dangers of steroid use hilariously overblown? or is it that theres safer steroids than anabolics nowadays?

I've bookmarked the steroid thread for a while now, and between performance reports, and dosage recommendations for space-name-medicine, there's dudes saying "help, I'm growing boobs", and "don't want to go into details, but the missus is really happy with the side effects WINK loving WINK", so, uh...

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

being a huge ripped dude is real fuckin stupid for infantry/sf work since you need huge amounts of oxygen to move those slabs of beef, so you eventually turn purple and die after running 500 yards straight

kinda reminds me of when that polish strongman tried to get into mma. he was real scary for 90 seconds until he gassed, then you could just push him over

just looked him up, the shady polish org he fights for is still setting him up with cans to smash lmbo

Witness the fitness of the modern warrior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipx7w_YdKhY&t=5s

Bonus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wfcQVxV5Cw&t=497s

Also: If you google Mike Vining, you get a basketball coach from Wikipedia and a Know Your Meme page before any pertinent results, what in the everloving gently caress?

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 1, 2017

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Scratch Monkey posted:

GET BIG AND BE SOMEBODY YOU TWINK BITCH

Also, if you see a Ranger with dead crow tattoos, he's probably keeping tally.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I thought HGH was the cool new thing kids did these days.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah, I feel like the Mike Vinnings of the world are better at their job because they could blend in better whereas when you get guys who look like John Cena pretending to take a leisure tour of Peshawar there's little room for doubting who they really are.

This was a thing in private security when I worked in it a few years back. Yea gigantic muscled meatheads are flashy. But there are some groups that place a premium on looking like generic American tourist because no one will guess that you are going to choke out or put 3 rounds in a dude for picking the wrong pocket.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

ded posted:

I thought HGH was the cool new thing kids did these days.

Nope. It was the default questionable GNC supplement about a decade or so ago.

Edit: quote is not edit.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Mad Dragon posted:

Mike Vining.

Phone posting, autocorrect. Fixed it.

Wrennic_26
Jul 9, 2009

#Iraq

#U.S Special Forces will be present during operations to liberate western Anbar, and will free the citizens from the clutches of Da'ash, in cooperation with the army and tribes.

(Edit: upraised SOF butt with brown stain on truck hood, top right of frame)

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Jesus Christ. Army photographer's last photo when the ANA mortar crew she was shooting had their tube blow up:

And the ANA photographer's last shot as well:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Phanatic posted:

Jesus Christ. Army photographer's last photo when the ANA mortar crew she was shooting had their tube blow up:

And the ANA photographer's last shot as well:

Well, those certainly are two deceased gentlemen right there.

/edit:

I dare not ask, but is that on the right side in the first picture still the explosion, or is that...blood mist? :stare:

/edit2:

Nevermind, looks like it's the explosion, but still, goddamn

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

loving hell. There an article to go with those photos yet? Any survivors?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
holy poo poo

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
What would cause a mortar tube to blow up.

I mean a prematurely exploding mortar shell of course but like ... how

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Tubes get hot the more you fire. If you fire too many too quickly without cooling the tube, the propellant or warhead can get cooked off in the tube and kill the operators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dstGdAHGL30

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

https://www.stripes.com/news/report-double-loaded-mortar-tube-caused-blast-that-killed-7-marines-1.263279#.WQfwntIrKM8

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

tastefully arranged labia posted:

loving hell. There an article to go with those photos yet? Any survivors?

https://www.armytimes.com/articles/army-releases-combat-photographers-last-photos-before-fatal-explosion

Jun 27, 2002

Carrion Fairy
here, have some more recent IT consultants.

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing
Did the flags only come in "tiny" and "subtle"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

666 posted:

here, have some more recent IT consultants.

Question.

This is one of the first pictures I have seen of a black special operations dude.

Is that actually a thing that there aren't many black guys in these unit? If so is it a deliberate thing?