Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Leperflesh posted:

Hm. I think it's more that I know something about a lot of things, and then I try to quickly check sources while I'm mouthing off about them online so I don't just openly declare a bunch of stuff that's inaccurate.

So, in this case, I knew (due to hanging out in the AI subforum for a decade) that the Smart cars get kind of not actually that great mileage, because we've talked about them before. So then I spent 30 seconds checking sources so I could give hard facts to back up my making GBS threads all over the Smart so I didn't wind up looking like an idiot if I was remembering wrong.

I'd like to think my google-fu is also pretty solid.

:respek:

Not hating on ya, you just come out with these detailed and in depth posts about some random topic off the cuff and I was impressed lol

Also, I got dibs on Leperflesh in Goon Trivial Pursuit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

well thank you very much, and I did not take your post as criticism :)

e. if you like trivia well you just missed it but there's an annual Worlds Largest Trivia Contest thing that goons do and you should check it out next April. We placed third this year, out of like 400 teams. It's not like a normal trivia contest where you need to know answers to things, it's more like a speed-research game where you have less than the length of two songs on the radio to find some ridiculously obscure information.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812609

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What car did you get?

The Fiat 500e, I'm a touch too tall to fit in it comfortably for long periods of time, but given that the usual range is about 75-100 miles depending on traffic/speed, that's not too much a concern.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I love my carbs and eat quite healthy, but in order to drop a couple pounds for the wedding, I am restricting my carbs. Before you start with "Well keto has benefits other than", just stop. I am not doing your ketogenic diet insanity.

Recommend me some good low carb dishes. Tonight I am making stir fry, tomorrow is fish and veggies. Also, i don't like bell peppers.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

swickles posted:

I love my carbs and eat quite healthy, but in order to drop a couple pounds for the wedding, I am restricting my carbs. Before you start with "Well keto has benefits other than", just stop. I am not doing your ketogenic diet insanity..

*adds swickles to the list of doctors who agree with Mel*

*smugly returns notebook into breast pocket of sport coat*

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

swickles posted:

I love my carbs and eat quite healthy, but in order to drop a couple pounds for the wedding, I am restricting my carbs. Before you start with "Well keto has benefits other than", just stop. I am not doing your ketogenic diet insanity.

Recommend me some good low carb dishes. Tonight I am making stir fry, tomorrow is fish and veggies. Also, i don't like bell peppers.

Spaghetti squash and cauliflower rice are your friend and there are a trillion recipes out there for poo poo you can do with them.

Also sweet potatoes should be a part of everyone's diet imo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

swickles posted:

Make a nice crock pot stew.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Thaddius the Large posted:

The Fiat 500e, I'm a touch too tall to fit in it comfortably for long periods of time, but given that the usual range is about 75-100 miles depending on traffic/speed, that's not too much a concern.

I drive a Fiat too :haw:

everyone post your car!!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

weird Asian candy posted:

Spaghetti squash and cauliflower rice are your friend and there are a trillion recipes out there for poo poo you can do with them.

Also sweet potatoes should be a part of everyone's diet imo

Also shirataki noodles.

Places like whole foods also do zuchinni spirals and stuff for noodle replacements.

Just search for paleo recipes, a lot of those veer low carb.

Also eat a metric fuckton of roasted broccoli. Its delicious as hell.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

thai style beef salad with lime and maybe some papaya

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Also shirataki noodles.

Places like whole foods also do zuchinni spirals and stuff for noodle replacements.

Just search for paleo recipes, a lot of those veer low carb.

Also eat a metric fuckton of roasted broccoli. Its delicious as hell.

Forgot about shirataki noodles! So good! Soba too.

Also, Ehud, that is a micro machine that is not a real car :colbert:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

swickles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrIeP798hiQ&t=13s

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I send Gordon pics of The Steak on twitter almost every day but so far no bites.

I'm getting discouraged. Limey gently caress

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I just bought a spiralizer to make zucchini pasta, and that poo poo works great as a low carb pasta alternative. One word of advice is to make sure you pour it in a colander, sprinkle salt on it and wait 10 minutes, then wring it out with a towel. Otherwise when you cook it you'll be cooking in a pool of water.

I made this once: http://runningonrealfood.com/low-carb-vegan-chow-mein/ you could easily add chicken / egg for a protein if you wanted. You can also add / reduce the chili paste depending on your spice tolerance.

I plan on making this tonight: http://www.eatyourselfskinny.com/zucchini-noodles-with-creamy-avocado-pesto/ will report back if it's worthwhile.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
i eat at arby's

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a patagonian cavy posted:

i eat at arby's

Arby's curly fries dipped in Arby's sauce is the bomb

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

this guy knows what I'm talking about

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

A really good way to supplement healthy eating is to avoid hidden carbs, or poo poo you normally don't think about.

Like yeah obviously pasta and breads are out, but stuff like cheese on your eggs, dressing on your salads, sports drinks can all add up.

And of course booze is the killer.

If it's just for the wedding, I'd suggest figuring out a go to meal you can eat every day for lunch and just not worry about it. I basically make an egg white omelette, bacon, and veggies every single morning, then eat chicken, rice, and a green for lunch.

I'm pretty lucky in that if I can put mustard on something I can eat it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I love to eat unhealthy things but at some point I lost my taste for curly fries. I have no idea what happened.

I probably shouldn't complain.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Arbie's is disgusting and an affront to the great Greek fucks of the north shore of Boston who have perfected roast beef sandwiches

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also swickles you're the smartest person here besides that dude that loves running game stats you don't need us poo poo lords telling you what to eat just suck it up.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*adds swickles to the list of doctors who agree with Mel*

*smugly returns notebook into breast pocket of sport coat*

Yeah I'm pretty sure 300G of carbs a day isn't inline with Swickles plans. But I have no idea where anyone would get the notion you're not a cartoon character

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FizFashizzle posted:

Also swickles you're the smartest person here besides that dude that loves running game stats you don't need us poo poo lords telling you what to eat just suck it up.

He may be a doctor, but does he think the pyramids are filled with grain?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Booze is great and I'd rather die than remove it from my diet.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I love to eat unhealthy things but at some point I lost my taste for curly fries. I have no idea what happened.

I probably shouldn't complain.

Oh man, good curly fries are loving amazing. Waffle fries are also up there, but curly fries are where it's at.

a patagonian cavy posted:

this guy knows what I'm talking about

:hfive:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I am craving pho

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

BrownThunder posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure 300G of carbs a day isn't inline with Swickles plans. But I have no idea where anyone would get the notion you're not a cartoon character

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What is it about getting banned from Discord that makes people post a shitload in the chat thread a bunch of false poo poo in hopes they'll be viewed as cool/knowledgeable

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

oh my god a salt shaker i get the internet reference what a sick burn

Pouring salt on the wound more like!!!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

What is it about getting banned from Discord that makes people post a shitload in the chat thread a bunch of false poo poo in hopes they'll be viewed as cool/knowledgeable

who else got banned other than RG3

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Is that the sugar shaker you keep with you?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Also Ehud I pictured you more as a Jetta guy. Well played.

I drive a Volvo sport wagon

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

The Demonization Of Whole Grains By The Coward Oscar Mayer

BrownThunder fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 1, 2017

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I eat 500g of carbs a day and have a sexy six pack and all the women want to hang out with me on second life

I am also a certified doctor

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Would it be racist if I went as Pepper for Halloween?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

No, it would be super white since her name is PEPA you cracker rear end honkey

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

stop appropriating ginger culture gently caress head

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

I am mainly looking for recipe suggestions since its not something I normally think about. Since everyone here does meal prep and poo poo I thought it would be a good repository of essy low carb meals. I typically make everything I eat from the bare ingredients (just made some awesome Caesar salad dressing last week, low carbs but high calories, but tasty as hell).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

swickles posted:

I am mainly looking for recipe suggestions since its not something I normally think about. Since everyone here does meal prep and poo poo I thought it would be a good repository of essy low carb meals. I typically make everything I eat from the bare ingredients (just made some awesome Caesar salad dressing last week, low carbs but high calories, but tasty as hell).

Here's a good go to I used to do:

4 chicken breasts
12 ounces Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1 ranch salad dressing mix package

Add all of these to a crock pot for 6-8 hours on low. Shred chicken with forks once it's done cooking. Awesome tasting shredded buffalo chicken, it was one of my go-to low carb lunches. Feel free to add a salad or something if you like that.

• Locked thread