Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

swickles posted:

I am mainly looking for recipe suggestions since its not something I normally think about. Since everyone here does meal prep and poo poo I thought it would be a good repository of essy low carb meals. I typically make everything I eat from the bare ingredients (just made some awesome Caesar salad dressing last week, low carbs but high calories, but tasty as hell).

I constantly do cauliflower rice and it's great. I also love spinach and between those two I don't really get bored. It's not Keto just regular low carb. My wife made a video on making it a few ways that will help you get started.

https://youtu.be/wtgRvDQ4xM8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
lol how do you get banned from discord?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

lol how do you get banned from discord?

RG3 got banned. Mel just used to post a bunch of poo poo as terrible as his posting and ended up deleting his account. Said he was "tired of being on Nerd Trial"

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Have you guys ever used an egg beaters to make shredded chicken/pork/whatever? I tried it for the first time the other day and it worked insanely well. I had fully shredded 6 chicken breasts in like 12 seconds.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

weird Asian candy posted:

Have you guys ever used an egg beaters to make shredded chicken/pork/whatever? I tried it for the first time the other day and it worked insanely well. I had fully shredded 6 chicken breasts in like 12 seconds.

And to think this whole time I was sticking raw chicken breast into my coffee bean grinder like a savage

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Judge BrownThunder presiding over the case of "True Gamer vs. Internet"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Also Ehud I pictured you more as a Jetta guy. Well played.

I drive a Volvo sport wagon

post a pic of your volvo

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ehud posted:

post a pic of your volvo

I thought homegrown was banned on SA still

*slide whistle*

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

And to think this whole time I was sticking raw chicken breast into my coffee bean grinder like a savage

Hey, I'm kinda new to the shredded game man and was using forks like a peasant

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

weird Asian candy posted:

Hey, I'm kinda new to the shredded game man and was using forks like a peasant

I used to work at a BBQ place in college and would have to do the pulled pork

Few things in life are as explicitly unpleasant as sticking your hands into a few pounds of oily smoked pork and peeling it into shreds

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Nah, shredding pig meat is one of life's great pleasures.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I finally had time this weekend to use my WSM, and smoked 2 pork butts

6 hours into the smoke

after 14 hours, all done

Pulled. I like to use my hands to pull the meat into chunks and then use a dull cleaver to chop it up, easier than shredding and it ends up very similar

I like pulled pork sandwiches with potato buns and coleslaw on top, no BBQ sauce. Bush's baked beans on the side

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Seriously though, eat all the pigs. People like to go on about how they have the intelligence of a three-year-old, but a group of three year old won't eat you bones and all if you fall into a pit full of them.

Edit: ^^^ yeah, now that's what I'm talking about.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

Seriously though, eat all the pigs. People like to go on about how they have the intelligence of a three-year-old, but a group of three year old won't eat you bones and all if you fall into a pit full of them.

Look at this mother fucker right here who has never been to a preschool

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Last time I made pork butts, I actually cooked them long enough that I was able to shred them with tongs. It was glorious.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

No Butt Stuff posted:

Last time I made pork butts, I actually cooked them long enough that I was able to shred them with tongs. It was glorious.

loving hypocrite

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

Is this not normal?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Quiet Feet posted:

Is this not normal?

Yeah I'm wondering what sort of terrible butts No Butt Stuff....

Oh, now I see.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

6 hours into the smoke

after 14 hours, all done

Pulled. I like to use my hands to pull the meat into chunks and then use a dull cleaver to chop it up, easier than shredding and it ends up very similar

I like pulled pork sandwiches with potato buns and coleslaw on top, no BBQ sauce. Bush's baked beans on the side

This looks delicious you did a great job apron :-)

And my Volvo is boring it just fits enough stuff for music festivals / camping, can tow a small 17-19 foot boat, and is sporty enough I don't get bored driving it

http://www.iihs.org/frontend/iihs/ratings/images/api-model-year-image.ashx?id=2389&width=730

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 1, 2017

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Is this not normal?

It is, it's just not necessarily how this poo poo ends at my house because my wife inevitably invites someone over and I don't get to tend the fire or let them cook long enough, so they get pulled before they're done.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I'm not a fan of BBQ or baked beans. Come at me.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Thanks man! 2nd time ever smoking anything, and it's really fun and easy.

Next time I will not get high at the beginning, I accidentally left a lit charcoal on the deck for like an hour so there's now a small hole in it

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

That looks good as loving heck

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm starting a podcast

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Seeing Redd Kross tonight because garage rock never dies.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Thanks man! 2nd time ever smoking anything, and it's really fun and easy.

Next time I will not get high at the beginning, I accidentally left a lit charcoal on the deck for like an hour so there's now a small hole in it

I only left asparagus on the grill bc I got stoned. They turned into legitimate pieces of ash.

I really wanna buy a green egg

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Mods, please rename me Banned From Discord.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

6 hours into the smoke

after 14 hours, all done

sauce and slaw look a little fruity but overall you did well

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Gotta have coleslaw baby...I know lots of people hate it but it's my favorite BBQ side

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dinner!

Mediterranean restaurant called Green Lettuce. I think this is my new favorite meal here in town.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I can kind of understand Mel's aversion to pulled pork. I worked at a deli for a few months and I'll never loving touch a rotisserie chicken ever again in my life because of that experience. The smell of one alone triggers me now.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Gotta have coleslaw baby...I know lots of people hate it but it's my favorite BBQ side

One of the best BBQ that I had was at the firehouse when this dude made some really good pulled pork with homemade sauce and slaw and put it on johnny cakes (cornbread pancakes). THAT was excellent. So I agree, gotta have the slaw.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

who here wants to be my personal chef

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Ehud posted:

Dinner!

Mediterranean restaurant called Green Lettuce. I think this is my new favorite meal here in town.

Hmm.... almost looks like an artisinal burrito.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

seiferguy posted:

I can kind of understand Mel's aversion to pulled pork. I worked at a deli for a few months and I'll never loving touch a rotisserie chicken ever again in my life because of that experience. The smell of one alone triggers me now.

I think there's definitely something different between cooking/preparing food for yourself and friends and doing the same for random assholes.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Quiet Feet posted:

Hmm.... almost looks like an artisinal burrito.

lol

this place is really great. They give you this amazing hot green hot sauce to put on stuff. No one is ever here though. Im afraid this place won't make it :smith:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
If it's the same hot green sauce at Peruvian chicken places.....man oh man, top 5 sauce of all time

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Made pesto zucchini pasta:

Super good. The avocado gives it a creamy texture. Could easily add a meat to make more protein packed. The recipe called for 2 avocados but I only used one (mainly cause I could only find 1 ripe one at my store), and that's more than enough.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

go smash some bourgeoisie it's may day

I did the opposite and and had a meeting with my banker about my stock portfolio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

No Butt Stuff posted:

I have long arms (is the reason why I tell myself despite lifting 3-5 times a week for the last year I'm still only doing a plate on either side of my bench)

Man, it must really suck not having a Y chromosome.

• Locked thread