Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Cool Buff Man posted:

This is the dorkiest thread title we've had in a long time. Someone type something funny as soon as possible. Thank you.

I hope Isaiah's tooth gets fixed.

"Player Coach: Charles Oakley"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dexo posted:

Rip Woj breaking draft picks before the tv broadcast.

Ohh dang that's a good point. Hah his twitter was the main competition for their draft show, nice monopoly play ESPN

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

TBeats posted:

I hope Lebron eventually has a "regular season? We talking about regular season?" moment a la Iverson and practice.

Once you learn the full story of the practice rant, it's a lot sadder. AI was really upset because one of his friends just died. That part usually gets left out though.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

This is the dorkiest thread title we've had in a long time. Someone type something funny as soon as possible. Thank you.

The Doo Doo rear end. Make this the thread title.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Spacebump posted:

Once you learn the full story of the practice rant, it's a lot sadder. AI was really upset because one of his friends just died. That part usually gets left out though.

Also he was:
1) drunk, as one might be under such circumstance
2) completely right. Watch the dang games, he's giving 200% out there and you're giving him poo poo for missing a practice (right after his friend died)? Who else are you treating like this?

And with all that being true, it's still funny to say Practice a lot

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Trade CP3 to the 3 Headed Monsters IMO.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Dexo posted:

I'm all in on the 3 Headed monsters.

Why didn't Cuttino invite Steve Francis.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I had no idea Ray Allen loved the Holocaust as much as he does:
https://theundefeated.com/features/ray-allen-talks-about-his-passion-for-teaching-others-about-the-holocaust/

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
I ahem I like the thread title

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/KLUTHIEEE/status/859038178698817537
This is great.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
If that's the Barkley-Green thing than it's one of the worst comparisons you'll ever see in your life.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Amin Elhassan hasn't tweeted since the 26th and has been absent from all of the podcast he is normally on. Was he part of the ESPN cuts? Can't find any confirmation...

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Good to hear he's joining the Summit Ice team.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

cougar cub posted:

Amin Elhassan hasn't tweeted since the 26th and has been absent from all of the podcast he is normally on. Was he part of the ESPN cuts? Can't find any confirmation...

I noticed that too. I'll bet anything he got let go but there's no way he'd announce it himself.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this was a cool article on the pressure of the playoffs

https://cleaningtheglass.com/on-the-outside-looking-in/

I wish he wrote more than once a week

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I noticed that too. I'll bet anything he got let go but there's no way he'd announce it himself.

https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/859148582703702017

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Woj will join ESPN after the draft. One more round of spoilers, please.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The B_36 posted:

Aldridge hasn't yet gotten old and had his numbers dragged down a bit, but he'll end up his career with very similar numbers to Pau I think.

Pau has 137 WS right now and LMA is at ~87 so he'd need to average 10 WS over the next five years to maintain Pau's rate. I doubt it happens as the only guys to do 50+ WS from ages 32-36 were:

code:
Player			WS from age 32-36
Karl Malone		73.1
Wilt Chamberlain	63.6
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar	59.7
David Robinson		57.1
John Stockton		54.9
Michael Jordan		54.5

illcendiary posted:

So, I think it's pretty obvious that neither the Rockets nor Spurs will get past the Warriors next round. But can you make a roster from both teams that would reasonably considered favorites, or at least at parity?

Thoughts?

Even putting Harden on the Spurs doesn't get them to the Warriors level. GSW has the fourth highest SRS ever (even with their best player missing a quarter of the season).

#4 out of 1,547 NBA/ABA teams. That's in the 99.997 percentile.

tanglewood1420 posted:

Add Kawhi and Danny Green to the Rockets and I think they'd have somewhat of a chance, though GSW would still be favoured over 7 games.

Rockets have the trash D so it'd be difficult.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

G-Hawk posted:

it wouldn't really work because they're constructed to play completely different styles on offense. LMA might as well be the anti Rockets player.

Well, it wouldn't work if you just threw the team together today, but if they had the whole year to work together and find a style that worked for them it could.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
go cavs

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Zogo posted:

Even putting Harden on the Spurs doesn't get them to the Warriors level. GSW has the fourth highest SRS ever (even with their best player missing a quarter of the season).

#4 out of 1,547 NBA/ABA teams. That's in the 99.997 percentile.

That's an awfully speculative thing to say with such confidence. Last year's SAS was number eight all time, and 2500 minutes of Harden would have not only been dramatically better production than the Parker/Mills/Simmons/Ginobili minutes it replaced, but would have a huge effect on everyone else. Adding a super star to a 60 win team seems like a pretty reasonable way to get an all time top 5 squad.

Blunt Instrument
Apr 4, 2008

How can you shoot
(hot dogs at) women or children?

Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Hahaha! Ain't ball hell?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQqHam7eKOY

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sam Smith will have a job for life.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/sam-smith-hands-out-his-grades-2016-17-chicago-bulls

quote:

The Bulls were an average team because, essentially, it was Year 1.

It was a wonderful, if ultimately unfulfilling, six-year run in which the Bulls were considered a title contender, or final four, contender, every season. The Bulls averaged 50 wins for those six seasons. And then it was done just last June, Derrick Rose traded, Pau Gasol and Joakim Noah gone as free agents, Kirk Hinrich traded just months before. A team torn apart, E’Twaun Moore and Aaron Brooks let go, Mike Dunleavy traded and then soon Tony Snell.

So it was a new start, though hardly a beginning. Older veterans Rajon Rondo and Dwyane Wade were brought in for short term stability. And they did that even if it seemed as unstable in January as it’s been since Dick Motta was threatening to fight his players. But they got it together and they did make the playoffs, which most doubted, and certainly as recently as March. And they shocked the NBA world. At least for a few days in Boston.

It was a season less to ultimately succeed, not that it can ever be a goal, but to begin an undertaking, examining your inventory and determining which among them is worth building with and where additions and changes are necessary.

In that respect, this couldn’t have been a better season. There were enough auditions and enough success to make the spring compelling, at least for a bit. There were opportunities for leadership and for retreat, and chances to watch how that was handled by individuals. There wasn’t any money spent on strangling contracts that will hinder the team going forward over the next five years. Though that path is hardly clear or certain yet.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Lockback posted:

It was pretty sustainable for 82 games + the first round so

The Rockets were awful from 3 in round 1

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Cool Buff Man posted:

Also give me a new title for the GDT, because Lance is no more.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Nice

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Intruder posted:

The Rockets were awful from 3 in round 1

i'm hoping they used their poo poo shooting series up, but san antonio is good at defending the 3 so we'll see.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/859182657661419520

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

Also give me a new title for the GDT, because Lance is no more.

make it this tweet

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

jesus christ

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

This should have a name, like getting nutmeg'd

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
This angle rules

https://twitter.com/vineydelnegro/status/859186378613022720

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

lol the Raptors have no chance now

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

morestuff posted:

This angle rules

LeBron pointing at the backboard :stare:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Holy gently caress, I thought Kyrie sprang it on him. Didn't know he called for it

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Papercut posted:

LeBron pointing at the backboard :stare:

Someone save that angle as Exhibit A for any future smartest/greatest players discussions.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Only the truly great players can tell when they are on a fast break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
gently caress I got so high I left the house with my fear the beard shirt on without realizing the metaphysical ramifications
#trader

• Locked thread