Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Darth Walrus posted:

'No moe' trims it down a bit, though. A bunch of the interesting-looking new properties fail that test.

I could see cutting Alice and Zoroku and WorldEnd on that basis but the others on that list pass that test pretty well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I could see cutting Alice and Zoroku and WorldEnd on that basis but the others on that list pass that test pretty well?

I can see TGK and Granblue maybe getting the chop if you're really picky.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Darth Walrus posted:

I can see TGK and Granblue maybe getting the chop if you're really picky.

TGK doesn't have moe elements.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Azazel is hella moe

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

TGK doesn't have moe elements.

Awkward nerds are moe

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Embrace the moe.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Araki posted:

Embrace the moe.

I tried, but it blushed, went 'uguu', and ran away.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
eccentric family is v moe

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Strange Quark posted:

Well Crunchy doesn't have that many shows quantitively this season, so.

And not much that's not a continuation, so they have to push stuff like Eromanga on their social media.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

What is the nature of Amazon's deal? Is it a flat X amount or a percentage cut?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

And not much that's not a continuation, so they have to push stuff like Eromanga on their social media.

shocking that they would push the successful sequel to a successful series

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Just because a lot of people want to gently caress their sisters doesn't make it a good idea.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Its okay, it is not a problem since they aren't blood related. Now it's leaped from the incest genre to the pedo genre!

:suicide:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

since when do morals matter when theres profit

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
While we're addressing contentious subjects, I'd like to remind everyone who watched Ai Mai Mi last season: the earth is round, you idiots, you absolute morons

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Space Flower posted:

While we're addressing contentious subjects, I'd like to remind everyone who watched Ai Mai Mi last season: the earth is round, you idiots, you absolute morons

? I didn't watch it.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Araki posted:

Embrace the moe.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can we get some indication in the OP as to what series are moe?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I can only handle a 3/10 moe rating. Where does that put me?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
On the wrong side of history. :clint:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nitrousoxide posted:

It's a good start.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Nitrousoxide posted:

DisDisDis posted:

Writing in my "Leak To QCS If I Ever Get Owned" dossier on April 19th, 2017 user Nitrousoxide posted a quote loliconics video where a 14 year old girl says "I love penises" repeatedly set to MC Hammer's Hammer Time.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Nitrousoxide posted:

In with the normies. Report to the chat thread for your ban.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Uh it's 2017 can we please raise awareness on the wide range of anims on the Moe Spectrum

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

:bustem:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
the word 'moe' is the anime equivalent of 'cinematic' for video games, it stopped meaning anything anyone can agree upon years ago and is now used as a byword for whatever you want it to be

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm not quite sure if that's a great burn, since Onoda is the only one of them to have had a conversation with a girl in the past 6 months.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

in the yowamushi pedal universe rejecting women gives you power

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Just because a lot of people want to gently caress their sisters doesn't make it a good idea.

Excuse me the main character has made it clear he only has pure erotic thoughts about his sister.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

an actual dog posted:

That was an actual thing in classic Chinese literature. It's why nearly all the heroes in The Water Margin had such awful, awful marriages (and why the only happy marriage involved the husband letting his wife do all the rear end-kicking).

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I don't think that's why yowamushi is the way it is lol

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The reveal of Hakone's sixth member was pretty fuckin' underwhelming. They have him masked in the OP the whole time, they build it up, and it turns out it's the younger brother of the least interesting member of last year's Hakone team.

an actual dog posted:

I want to know more about the teams of girls who are in love with random high school bicyclists. You never see them in the scenes at school. Do they just follow the sport in the multiple magazines and news reports about high school cycling that exist in the Yowapeda universe?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

an actual dog posted:

I don't think that's why yowamushi is the way it is lol

Agreed, but it was a funny coincidence that there were big-name works out there that made that their literal message.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Moe is good, Moe is life. Darth walrus and viggynash have bad taste and are probably awful people.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Namtab posted:

Moe is good, Moe is life. Darth walrus and viggynash have bad taste and are probably awful people.

I'm fine with moe. It's just that the thread was specifically asked for non-moe recs. Please take the Hello Kitty torture chair elsewhere.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm fine with moe. It's just that the thread was specifically asked for non-moe recs. Please take the Hello Kitty torture chair elsewhere.

The anime with the small teacher is good and not moe

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Namtab posted:

I like moe.

I dislike fanservice.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

I like moe.

I dislike fanservice.

Yes, but you once thought that girls breathing heavily was fanservice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013