Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

an adult beverage posted:

Good for Richard. I hadn't seen a picture of him in awhile but he's lost all his hair :(

Never forget :911:

Hell I'd give up all of my hair if it meant living in a constant state of being as happy and content as him 24/7, he wins at life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It was years ago but I still occasionally think about when Richard first started losing all that weight and you could tell that Robin was just furiously jealous about it- to spite all of her fad diets and god knows how much money she spent on all that rich people nonsense that never worked for her, Richard did it by just doing the math counting his cadlories and exercising. That's all it takes, people!!

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

beep by grandpa posted:

It was years ago but I still occasionally think about when Richard first started losing all that weight and you could tell that Robin was just furiously jealous about it- to spite all of her fad diets and god knows how much money she spent on all that rich people nonsense that never worked for her, Richard did it by just doing the math counting his cadlories and exercising. That's all it takes, people!!

Sal and Scott lost loads of weight around the same time too, to the point where people speculated that it was a planned move, just to gently caress with Robin (as Sal/Richard at least were way skinnier than Robin at her thinnest).

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
You guys have serious blanks or rewrites in your histories of the show. Robin lost a shitload of weight and it stayed off until cancer hosed with her. Say what you want about the green drinks but that poo poo worked for her. She adopted a vegan lifestyle and seemed to keep to it very well.

She was also in her mid-50s when she made the change, that's pretty awesome. I think people lose sight of her age (she's 64).

That's her at like 57 or 58, I think.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 2, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I wanna shoot MY goo
On Ro-bin's big, brown boobs
And then lick her vaGIna...

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I want your brown mound
Robin's brown mound
Let me lick it Robin, up and down brown mound

I want your brown mound
Robin's brown mound

I WANT YOUR MUUUFF Mu-UU-uu-UU-uuUUFFF!

Take my bone and you will see, that it is a lot of fun!
Open up your brown thighs!
Robin here I come!

I want your brown mound
Robin's brown mound

I want your brown mound
Robin's brown mound

I want your brown mound
Robin's brown mound

I want your brown mound
Robin's brown mound

I want your brown mound
Robin's brown mound

I want your brown mound
Robin's brown mound
Let me lick it Robin, up and down
BROWN MOUND

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Robin looked incredible for a while. drat cancer.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Howard's right in this case because this is probably what went through his mind when he was doing that 'running for Governor' bit: yeah, it seems like it's a job full of power and ease but the reality is that you have a spotlight on every aspect of your life and the power itself isn't that much compared to the freedom that you just gave up. So going into a position like the president thinking it'll be easy is loving idiotic. He's probably hoping for Trump's sake that he simply resigns and runs off and enjoys the rest of his life because right now that job will be the end of him.

So, in this case, Howard is dead-on right. But let's not say he really knows people. The fucker pays too much for people to 'set up' AV stuff for him.

Yeah not like, "Trump likes to be loved and has a sensitive ego" is a particularly difficult thing to suss out

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The whole staff could learn so much about how Richard handles show stuff. People get so upset and uptight (and I guess it is really entertaining), but anytime someone tries to go after Richard he just laughs it off and gets in on the joke because he is a happy guy. Of course when I saw the first segment of today's show was "Richard's Announcement", I thought either he was going to announce a kid or that he is bisexual...

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Richard might be a real bad alcoholic but I still love him more than anyone on the show

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

How appropriate that Richard's son is going to be born around Halloween :allears:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Amtrak coach seating drunken mimosa conceptions are my faaaaaaaavorite

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Heyyyyyyyyyyyy soooooon. Want to watch Halloween 2? It's my faaaaaaaavorite.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

"Oh, I my kid just poo poo in my his diaper, I'll have to call you back."

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Hah, there's an article about Marci Turk in the freakin Wall Street Journal. It's paywalled but I think I have a login somewhere, will see if there's anything good.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

haljordan posted:

Hah, there's an article about Marci Turk in the freakin Wall Street Journal. It's paywalled but I think I have a login somewhere, will see if there's anything good.

Yes please. I can't imagine what their angle is.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
copypasta here https://www.reddit.com/r/howardstern/comments/68p66s/meet_marci_turk_the_woman_behind_howard_stern/

Nothing we don't really know already.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Grant DaNasty posted:

I want your brown mound
Robin's brown mound

I want your brown mound
Robin's brown mound

Take my bone and you will see, that it is a lot of fun!
Open up your brown thighs!
Robin here I come!

I want your brown mound
Robin's brown mound

I want your brown mound
Robin's brown mound

I want your brown mound
Robin's brown mound

I want your brown mound
Robin's brown mound

I want your brown mound
Robin's brown mound

I want your brown mound
Robin's brown mound
Let me lick it Robin, up and down
BROWN MOUND

I like that Howard got Pete Burns to call in to the show because of this song parody. It was a pretty good interview, the dude is still a big celebrity over in England apparently.

Edit: whoops should have used past tense looks like he died last year.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Found something about Artie I really hate. Watching a video where they did Secret Santa and Howard got an intern. He gave the girl a Marc Jacobs bag and a huge gift card to shop and all Artie had to add to it was "isn't he a gay guy? isn't Marc Jacobs gay?" like what the gently caress does that add to anything. Fortunately he was shouted down by Howard and Robin because Jacobs isn't gay but his ultra-machismo homophobia bullshit is by far the thing I hate most about him.

It's honestly to a point where I'm pretty sure he got molested as a kid. Usually when people spew virulent hate over and over it's either self-loathing or a childhood trauma that severely affected them and as funny as it'd be to find out Artie's gay I don't think he is so I think someone diddled him as a kid and it turned into his homophobia.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Artie getting a makeover from the Queer Eye guys is still one of the most uncomfortable bits in show history

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
“she’s smart, savvy, classy, hip and fast.”

Its my experience in life, that when someone describes someone else as "hip" they are typically FAR from it.

haljordan posted:

Artie getting a makeover from the Queer Eye guys is still one of the most uncomfortable bits in show history

Agree, but his fake coming out to George was a good bit.

Also lets not forget homo-cop, the homo-room and the backside boys.
Lots of uncomfortable gay bits on the show.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

It's honestly to a point where I'm pretty sure he got molested as a kid. Usually when people spew virulent hate over and over it's either self-loathing or a childhood trauma that severely affected them and as funny as it'd be to find out Artie's gay I don't think he is so I think someone diddled him as a kid and it turned into his homophobia.

Or he's just a loving rear end in a top hat who grew up in a climate that encouraged this retarded tough guy attitude + his dad def acted the exact same way and he wants to be like him.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

homo-cop, the homo-room and the backside boys.

These are all signs of the times but the REMAKE of HomoCop was total cringe.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crotch Bat posted:

Found something about Artie I really hate. Watching a video where they did Secret Santa and Howard got an intern. He gave the girl a Marc Jacobs bag and a huge gift card to shop and all Artie had to add to it was "isn't he a gay guy? isn't Marc Jacobs gay?" like what the gently caress does that add to anything. Fortunately he was shouted down by Howard and Robin because Jacobs isn't gay but his ultra-machismo homophobia bullshit is by far the thing I hate most about him.

Marc Jacobs isn't gay? They definitely implied he was on an episode of Rick and Morty.

Although it could have just been that Summer thought he was and was wrong about it. :shrug:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Is Howard using Marci Turk to set himself up for a gig after his radio show ends? That's the only reason I can think of for making such drastic changes this late in his career.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

haljordan posted:

Is Howard using Marci Turk to set himself up for a gig after his radio show ends? That's the only reason I can think of for making such drastic changes this late in his career.

His final move should just be retire and write his last book.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

prefect posted:

Marc Jacobs isn't gay? They definitely implied he was on an episode of Rick and Morty.

Although it could have just been that Summer thought he was and was wrong about it. :shrug:

OK so it turns out he is but maybe he wasn't out at the time? Like Howard and Robin instantly jumped on Artie for saying it and kept saying he wasn't in a "hey moron, don't say that kind of accusatory poo poo on the radio" way.

It still just annoyed me because that's all Artie cared to add and it had absolutely nothing to do with what was happening.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Does he want to be the next Larry King? Because I could see him doing really well at that.

I've not heard the show in years but are his interviews the standard "Hollywood" type where he fellates their ego for an hour or does he actually ask anything challenging or controversial?

Crotch Bat posted:

OK so it turns out he is but maybe he wasn't out at the time? Like Howard and Robin instantly jumped on Artie for saying it and kept saying he wasn't in a "hey moron, don't say that kind of accusatory poo poo on the radio" way.

It still just annoyed me because that's all Artie cared to add and it had absolutely nothing to do with what was happening.

Remember that Teddy saying "Bloomies" was what set Artie off on the whole "you're stealing my money!" day.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crotch Bat posted:

I suspect WXRK got sued once because of something they said, because Howard and Robin were very quick to shut down anybody saying person X was gay.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Agree, but his fake coming out to George was a good bit.

I still haven't seen that because I think it's just slightly too hosed up to make a joke out of that. If he had pretended to come out to a straight person it might have been funny, but since it's George (who has had to deal with old- AND new-school homophobia in his actual life), the concept doesn't sit right with me.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

YeahTubaMike posted:

I still haven't seen that because I think it's just slightly too hosed up to make a joke out of that. If he had pretended to come out to a straight person it might have been funny, but since it's George (who has had to deal with old- AND new-school homophobia in his actual life), the concept doesn't sit right with me.

Here I can sum it up for you.

Artie: George a guy hosed me in the rear end (because in artie's world gay relationships only involving getting hosed in the rear end)

George: That's great, you're doing something really bold, I know people who have done this too and it's really hard.

The show: hahah fooled you again George!

It was a painfully unfunny bit to me because George is so loving gullible he'll buy anything, like both of the times he thought he was debating Arnold Schwarzenegger. Like what was George suppose to do when Artie pulled him aside 1 on 1 and came out to him? Laugh at him about it? Just not believe him when he's personally experienced this thing happening before?

I've been listening back to some old show clips and I can't agree more about Artie's homophobia. It reaches a level of just out right venom, like screaming at Teddy for saying bloomies or telling High Pitch Mike to go die of aids. gently caress Artie basically

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

His final move should just be retire and write his last book.

For real, I think he's earned a nice retirement.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

BobbyK posted:

Here I can sum it up for you.

Artie: George a guy hosed me in the rear end (because in artie's world gay relationships only involving getting hosed in the rear end)

George: That's great, you're doing something really bold, I know people who have done this too and it's really hard.

The show: hahah fooled you again George!

It was a painfully unfunny bit to me because George is so loving gullible he'll buy anything, like both of the times he thought he was debating Arnold Schwarzenegger. Like what was George suppose to do when Artie pulled him aside 1 on 1 and came out to him? Laugh at him about it? Just not believe him when he's personally experienced this thing happening before?

I've been listening back to some old show clips and I can't agree more about Artie's homophobia. It reaches a level of just out right venom, like screaming at Teddy for saying bloomies or telling High Pitch Mike to go die of aids. gently caress Artie basically

Even worse is that they were recording it and George had no idea about it AND he only found out about "the joke" a few minutes before airtime. iirc

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Marci doesn't seem bad at all. Idk.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Bonzo posted:

I've not heard the show in years but are his interviews the standard "Hollywood" type where he fellates their ego for an hour or does he actually ask anything challenging or controversial?

As the other poster suggested, Howard wants to have a Larry King type gig after the radio show ends, so it's definitely the former. There's nothing controversial with his celebrity interviews anymore. If you read the NYT article, he brought Marci Turk on board so that the celebrities would feel safe and assured that it's not the old Howard who will ask you if you've done anal, etc. It's a very safe environment now.

By the way you can tune in tomorrow for the 4th visit from Amy Schumer this year. Slight exaggeration but she's still in all the time, along with Lena Dunham and Chelsea Handler.

euphronius posted:

Marci doesn't seem bad at all. Idk.

She is a scapegoat for, and/or represents the evolved Howard, which many -- not all, but many -- of us detest.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sand Monster posted:

She is a scapegoat for, and/or represents the evolved Howard, which many -- not all, but many -- of us detest.

That makes sense

I mean Howard made the decision to change before hiring her. She's the tool not the hand guiding the tool

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

According to that article which may or may not be right . Since they principles wouldn't talk.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

haljordan posted:

At this point who would want him? He didn't manage to boost the ratings at AGT, despite the fact that the whole show moved to New York for him.

His current radio gig doesn't challenge his ego. Howard can keep coasting on his early successes and his contribution to Satellite radio's growth. Going into a totally new venture could potentially open him up to failure and embarrassment if it tanks. He's also barely working anymore and taking up a new show would likely mean a new full-time gig. He's too old and complacent to deal with that kind of stress again.

The change of image/Marci stuff might have started out as a career shift, but I think it has transformed into a way for Howard to schmooze with a higher caliber of celebrity.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

DeadBonesBrook posted:

At this point who would want him? He didn't manage to boost the ratings at AGT, despite the fact that the whole show moved to New York for him.

His current radio gig doesn't challenge his ego. Howard can keep coasting on his early successes and his contribution to Satellite radio's growth. Going into a totally new venture could potentially open him up to failure and embarrassment if it tanks. He's also barely working anymore and taking up a new show would likely mean a new full-time gig. He's too old and complacent to deal with that kind of stress again.

The change of image/Marci stuff might have started out as a career shift, but I think it has transformed into a way for Howard to schmooze with a higher caliber of celebrity.

I think he is preparing for a post-Robin career. So yeah, something like the Larry King Show, stripped down from all the insanity on THSS, just Howard and a guest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I fully support gay (and trans) rights, and have gay friends, but I still love The Homo Room. Especially Eric (not) dealing with it, and Shatner's time in it.

In contrast, the hetero room is also funny, for just how outwardly NOT gay it apparently was. "We're just a couple of straight dudes, lifting weights, talking about women."