Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

oh god you ripped a pat sullivan mountain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I really wish I'd held onto my Revised starter deck instead of letting them fall loose into a box that eventually got thrown away.

I can't remember any of the cards I had. Still have a Cyclopean Mummy though that was hanging out with my WWF trading cards because I couldn't have thrown those away instead :argh:

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

ffs dont rip up your cards when goons troll saying "Rip test?"

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

TwistedNails posted:

I think I can survive without a ~$2 piece of cardboard I didn't know I had until a few days ago.

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

As I said, I was pretty anal about my cards.

good lord. Its beautiful

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

TwistedNails posted:

Yes this, I was just joking, sorry! I didn't think you'd rip anything. :(

I hope you make out really well on selling these.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

I think I can survive without a ~$2 piece of cardboard I didn't know I had until a few days ago.

it's still real to us, dammit

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

This is so awesome

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
https://twitter.com/drilmagic/status/859256139233492992

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
So, it turns out being the only white drafter in an eight person pod is stupid and good.

P1P9 Oketra's Attendant, dandy. Took Lillian's Mastery over it, so good to see. P1P14 Fan Bearer, okay? P2P3 Lord of the Accursed, why not. Sure, P3P3 Angel of Sanctions, That makes perfect sense.

The person to my right ended up hate drafting 2 Binding Mummies and a Trueheart Duelist P3P9+. I couldn't blame them at all.

Listerine Hangover
Aug 5, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

PJOmega posted:

So, it turns out being the only white drafter in an eight person pod

whenever i hear people say this, i think for a minute they're gonna tell me a story about prison.

I am curious about the new meta for standard with amonkhet. i play b/g constrictor and hope this deck survives the post banning environment. I'm hoping there's a way to break the U/G ramping element in amonkhet as well as utilize the new Nissa.

I'm also looking for ways to abuse Cascading Cataracts with Awaken, maybe in a black based 5c control build

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?
Smashed a standard event yesterday (prep for an invitational next weekend) with Constrictor.

GB Constrictor: Invitational deck 2017 AMK

Maindeck (60)
4 Walking Ballista
4 Gifted Aetherborn
4 Winding Constrictor
2 Rhonas the Indomitable
3 Rishkar, Peema Renegade
3 Tireless Tracker
1 Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
3 Verdurous Gearhulk
2 Blossoming Defense
4 Fatal Push
4 Grasp of Darkness
1 Skysovereign, Consul Flagship
4 Blooming Marsh
2 Evolving Wilds
6 Forest
4 Hissing Quagmire
9 Swamp

Sideboard (15)
3 Scrapheap Scrounger
2 Gonti, Lord of Luxury
1 Liliana, Death's Majesty
1 Ob Nixilis Reignited
2 Scarab Feast
2 Never
2 Lifecrafter's Bestiary

The aetherbourns are a consession to Cut // ribbons and worked like a charm essentially negating the aftermath side of the card. I had an 80%+ win rate only dropping games to the mirror (energy version) in very close games and one to the UB control nut draw.

Beat; Humans, Zombies twise (scarab feast :) Mardu Veh, and UB.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

odiv posted:

Yes this, I was just joking, sorry! I didn't think you'd rip anything. :(

I hope you make out really well on selling these.

It's all good. I remember being a little disappointed the rare in that starter wasn't a Mahamoti Djinn or something I'd use in my main deck but being glad it was a dual land instead of really stupid rare.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

That's real pretty. 800 bucks or so, I don't know the market on graded fbb, if there even is one. German is he most expensive fbb though.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

DoctorOozy posted:

Smashed a standard event yesterday (prep for an invitational next weekend) with Constrictor.

GB Constrictor: Invitational deck 2017 AMK

Maindeck (60)
4 Walking Ballista
4 Gifted Aetherborn
4 Winding Constrictor
2 Rhonas the Indomitable
3 Rishkar, Peema Renegade
3 Tireless Tracker
3 Verdurous Gearhulk
2 Blossoming Defense
4 Fatal Push
4 Grasp of Darkness
4 Blooming Marsh
2 Evolving Wilds
6 Forest
4 Hissing Quagmire
9 Swamp

Sideboard (15)
3 Scrapheap Scrounger
2 Gonti, Lord of Luxury
1 Liliana, Death's Majesty
1 Ob Nixilis Reignited
2 Scarab Feast
2 Never
2 Lifecrafter's Bestiary

The aetherbourns are a consession to Cut // ribbons and worked like a charm essentially negating the aftermath side of the card. I had an 80%+ win rate only dropping games to the mirror (energy version) in very close games and one to the UB control nut draw.

Beat; Humans, Zombies twise (scarab feast :) Mardu Veh, and UB.

Might take something like this to the Montreal GP, maybe just sell my Gideons and Grim Flayers whilst I can. Only thing about that is my predisposition to BW and wishing to play a walker deck and get mileage from old Lili, new Lili, Gideon and Sorin. But how do you do that without it being worse Mardu?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Skyl3lazer posted:

That's real pretty. 800 bucks or so, I don't know the market on graded fbb, if there even is one. German is he most expensive fbb though.

Wow. I guess I will do more research on what to do with this one. The American Revised I will shop around my local store, tcgplayer and here I guess.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Is there a website that has the winrates for different deck matchups? Even if they're just approximated or from a smaller sample size that would work. I know WotC made MTG Goldfish stop scraping results from MTGO to that level but is anyone else doing something similar?

If I can get the info I'm going to use it to model the harmonic behavior of deck performance in tournament metagames for a game theory project.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Wow

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
https://twitter.com/ChannelFireball/status/859229461522386944

I suspect red cross is going to make a killing.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Boco_T posted:

I wish I could get to a shop in 5 minutes or less, I live in NoVA and there's a lot of good shops but somehow I ended up where I can't get to an FNM in less than 25 minutes on a Friday night. And after a full week of work, I've gotten tired of doing that.

What do you guys think of Labyrinth near Eastern Market? They're the closest to where I work.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ThePeavstenator posted:

Is there a website that has the winrates for different deck matchups? Even if they're just approximated or from a smaller sample size that would work. I know WotC made MTG Goldfish stop scraping results from MTGO to that level but is anyone else doing something similar?

If I can get the info I'm going to use it to model the harmonic behavior of deck performance in tournament metagames for a game theory project.

You can't view replays from MTGO leagues except for your own matches, so there's no data source to be scraped anymore.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I'm sure Dracula had a hand in this.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Tales of Woe posted:

You can't view replays from MTGO leagues except for your own matches, so there's no data source to be scraped anymore.

Yeah I had a feeling that anyone with a matchup matrix was either keeping it to themselves or behind a paywall. I'm just going to do the best I can to estimate and post my first draft of the chart later. It's too bad because I want to share the results when I'm finished and I would have liked to have them be at least somewhat realistic.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

condolences for people who attempt to draft after getting blood drawn, you think way less clearly

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
I'm glad the Red Cross is helping Vegas restaurants get grease for their fryers.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

Sickening posted:

I suspect red cross is going to make a killing.
Can I donate more blood for more packs? Can I donate all of my blood for more packs?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ThePeavstenator posted:

Yeah I had a feeling that anyone with a matchup matrix was either keeping it to themselves or behind a paywall. I'm just going to do the best I can to estimate and post my first draft of the chart later. It's too bad because I want to share the results when I'm finished and I would have liked to have them be at least somewhat realistic.

What format do you have in mind? I wouldn't expect anyone to have one yet for Standard or AKH limited, even if there are people out there collecting data.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

Veyrall posted:

Can I donate more blood for more packs? Can I donate all of my blood for more packs?

Never mind that! Can you donate someone else's blood for more packs??

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
People who have been exposed to hepatitis will still have to pay.

When will Wizards start respecting the hepatitis community?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

keratinous scutes posted:

People who have been exposed to hepatitis will still have to pay.

When will Wizards start respecting the hepatitis community?

Also the crohns community

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Tales of Woe posted:

What format do you have in mind? I wouldn't expect anyone to have one yet for Standard or AKH limited, even if there are people out there collecting data.

Modern for sure. It's the format I'm most familiar with, it's non-rotating, and the metagame is more important in modern than any other format.

e:

What decks should I include? Right now I'm looking at:

Death's Shadow
BGx
Eldrazi
Burn
Affinity
Tron
Grixis Control

ThePeavstenator fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 2, 2017

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
I can't wait for the people that put on disguises to donate more blood and get more drafts.

poo poo they better not tell people that they get cookies and juice during their recovery from donating blood in addition to their free draft otherwise they'll have a line around the convention center.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Least healthy blood drive of all time.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

TwistedNails posted:

Least healthy blood drive of all time.

I've seen donations from plasma centers that were thick as pudding.

The instrument that takes a sample from the test tube pulled out its tip and the blood didn't rush back to fill the void. The hole just stayed there.

It looked like a strawberry milkshake.

A straight trade for cardboard seems fair.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

:bignews:

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Count Bleck posted:

I'm sure Dracula Baron Sengir had a hand in this.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

keratinous scutes posted:

I've seen donations from plasma centers that were thick as pudding.

The instrument that takes a sample from the test tube pulled out its tip and the blood didn't rush back to fill the void. The hole just stayed there.

It looked like a strawberry milkshake.

A straight trade for cardboard seems fair.

this sounds like a foodie review from a vampire

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Red Cross must be up to some kinda spooky ritual, harvesting the blood of so many virgins like this.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
This is Vegas. They'd probably be better served with the iv going the other way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Dehtraen posted:

I can't wait for the people that put on disguises to donate more blood and get more drafts.

poo poo they better not tell people that they get cookies and juice during their recovery from donating blood in addition to their free draft otherwise they'll have a line around the convention center.

Giving blood is probably cheaper than most concession stands you find in a convention centre.