Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Use your PC don't even bother looking through a console.

Oh so you just add the game to your account from your PC then download it on the console. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

I took a round off bears once online with 20+ lag.

i've taken games off bears :cool:

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
See me in KI :cool:

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Almost all fighting games suck now

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Yours won't be any better if it even exists, fam.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I'm playing Tekken 6 to see if I want to spend $70-100 to get beat up online in Tekken 7, and I'm having a pretty good time fighting ghosts right now.

I remember watching videos that went into this a long time ago, but are there good practices to recover from a knockdown without getting hit a bunch on the way up? Is it best to just stand up into guard instead of trying to roll?

Also, I really like the option in practice mode that shows when you're recovering from an input and when you can push buttons, and I hope T7 also has it. Edit: Watching videos now, it does have it.

Armor-Piercing fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 2, 2017

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

TheManSeries posted:

Yours won't be any better if it even exists, fam.

If no one else likes it, at least I will.

Unfortunately for you, it's going to be bigger than Street Fighter.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cabbagepots posted:

If no one else likes it, at least I will.

Unfortunately for you, it's going to be bigger than Street Fighter.

I have faith in you! Please release a demo soon.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I, like Cabbagepots, have also beaten Bebop before. It was hella sick.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Add me to the beat Bebop club :cool:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

interrodactyl posted:

People have been saying this for years and I have yet to see a single example of a worthwhile fgc member who started because of max

If he gets more people to buy t7 good for namco but don't pretend like it's a net positive for the community when there's been years to bear out this claim without results

Maybe these people exist but it sure doesn't seem like it

Sorry this is from a couple pages back, but people have been saying it because it's likely true. The odds of his fans becoming interested in fighting games and picking it up for themselves is high since he has such a large following. Having this mindset that someone who watches Max's content isn't up to or will never achieve your own standard of what makes a "worthwhile" FGC member doesn't seem right.

Maybe these people are just a group of friends who play together on their own time against one another who got into fighting games because of Max's videos. Maybe that group of friends will eventually attend a big FGC event, or organize something on their own. Or maybe it's a guy or girl who after watching Max's streams, gets the courage to hit up weeklies at some local venue or on a college campus because they see how much fun Max is having. Or maybe it's just a stream monster who has enjoyed watching Max try out new fighting games, but is so loving bad at fighting games themselves that they only ever really watch fighting game streams and die to the CPU in versus mode on easy. Point I'm trying to make is there might be some definitive purview of what defines the "FGC" you and others have, but just because you haven't seen or accepted any kind of conclusive results of people getting into fighting games because of Max doesn't mean they don't exist and can't be members of fighting game community, does it?

As an aside, regarding the potential of Max influencing an online playerbase thru sales, maybe since you're already really good at fighting games, your MMR is so high that you never get to see or get matched up with the hot trash tier skill level that people who enjoy Max's content likely are lmao. But that doesn't mean those scrubs aren't be part of the fighting game community, right? They're bad, and might never git gud, but if they enjoy fighting games and Max's content, there's nothing wrong or bad about that imo.

teagone fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 2, 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the only person who i care about if they can beat bebop in a fighting game is cams

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cams has openly admitted that Bebop would destroy him though. Has he consistently been ducking, or has Cams beat Bebop in something before?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

teagone posted:

Sorry this is from a couple pages back, but people have been saying it because it's likely true. The odds of his fans becoming interested in fighting games and picking it up for themselves is high since he has such a large following. Having this mindset that someone who watch Max's content isn't up to or will never achieve your own standard of what makes a "worthwhile" FGC member doesn't seem right.

Maybe these people are just a group of friends who play together on their own time against one another who got into fighting games because of Max's videos. Maybe that group of friends will eventually attend a big FGC event, or organize something on their own. Or maybe it's a guy or girl who after watching Max's streams, gets the courage to hit up weeklies at some local venue or on a college campus because they see how much fun Max is having. Or maybe it's just a stream monster who has enjoyed watching Max try out new fighting games, but is so loving bad at fighting games themselves that they only ever really watch fighting game streams and die to the CPU in versus mode on easy. Point I'm trying to make is there might be some definitive purview of what defines the "FGC" you and others have, but just because you haven't seen or accepted any kind of conclusive results of people getting into fighting games because of Max doesn't mean they don't exist and can't be members of fighting game community, does it?

As an aside, regarding the potential of Max influencing an online playerbase thru sales, maybe since you're already really good at fighting games, your MMR is so high that you never get to see or get matched up with the hot trash tier skill level that people who enjoy Max's content likely are lmao. But that doesn't mean those scrubs aren't be part of the fighting game community, right? They're bad, and might never git gud, but if they enjoy fighting games and Max's content, there's nothing wrong or bad about that imo.

max sucks because he teaches people objectively wrong things about fighting games, i dont care about his dumb hypedog dbz fanbase tbh

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

anime was right posted:

max sucks because he teaches people objectively wrong things about fighting games

Wrong things like what? [edit] I've only been watching his stream for maybe a year, and I think he's been at this for a while, so my bad if I might have missed something significant.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

teagone posted:

Wrong things like what?

telling people that parries are not calculated predetermined inputs but instead reaction, off the top of my head, was the dumbest thing.

he doesnt really understand how 3s works. at all.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I got into fighting games watching silly youtube people - Mike Ross and Gootecks - and I went on to host weekly melty blood locals with my friend in his apartment, make a fighting game club at my then-university focused on prepping for tournaments, and traveled to various events in the midwest for anime games and project: m. But I was also already deep in the competitive scene for other games and the idea of playing to get better and compete was pretty ingrained for me. Anyway my point is that I'm sure Max has inspired some people to actually play games in ways this thread approves of, even if you never hear about it because hwo the heck is going to say "oh yeah I got into the fgc 5 years ago because of yelly wrong nerd man boss rage video."

Slip
Jan 20, 2001

Armor-Piercing posted:

I'm playing Tekken 6 to see if I want to spend $70-100 to get beat up online in Tekken 7, and I'm having a pretty good time fighting ghosts right now.

I remember watching videos that went into this a long time ago, but are there good practices to recover from a knockdown without getting hit a bunch on the way up? Is it best to just stand up into guard instead of trying to roll?

Also, I really like the option in practice mode that shows when you're recovering from an input and when you can push buttons, and I hope T7 also has it. Edit: Watching videos now, it does have it.

In general tech rolling or standing up and blocking are going to be your best options starting out.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

anime was right posted:

telling people that parries are not calculated predetermined inputs but instead reaction, off the top of my head, was the dumbest thing.

he doesnt really understand how 3s works. at all.

Fair enough. Own those scrubs who are misinformed then, and if you get the chance, tell them why Max is wrong. But if they were playing 3s in the first place, because of Max, isn't that a net positive for the community?

Countblanc posted:

Anyway my point is that I'm sure Max has inspired some people to actually play games in ways this thread approves of, even if you never hear about it because hwo the heck is going to say "oh yeah I got into the fgc 5 years ago because of yelly wrong nerd man boss rage video."

That's the only way to be sure though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Countblanc posted:

I got into fighting games watching silly youtube people - Mike Ross and Gootecks - and I went on to host weekly melty blood locals with my friend in his apartment, make a fighting game club at my then-university focused on prepping for tournaments, and traveled to various events in the midwest for anime games and project: m. But I was also already deep in the competitive scene for other games and the idea of playing to get better and compete was pretty ingrained for me. Anyway my point is that I'm sure Max has inspired some people to actually play games in ways this thread approves of, even if you never hear about it because hwo the heck is going to say "oh yeah I got into the fgc 5 years ago because of yelly wrong nerd man boss rage video."

I love CrossCounter teevee but wish they'd play something other than SFV. I thought their playlists on MvC3 and MK9 were funnier.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
i like fighting games and max is clickbait about fighting games

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
max's youtube channel would be better if it was just him being beaten with a crowbar

his dog isn't even a good dog. he has the one Bad Dog.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

max's youtube channel would be better if it was just him being beaten with a crowbar

That's twice now I've seen you make a post here today saying you'd like to see violence inflicted on Max, haha. drat dude. That said! Apparently Max is going to be playing the Rev 2 demo tonight. Does the demo include online play? If so, guess anyone interested will have a chance to body him on stream.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I got into fighting games because of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Can't wait to body Max on stream, right after I win this battle of the bands against Smashmouth and enter a cookoff to prove Guy Fieri sucks.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Max strikes me as like the Warowl of Counter-Strike. A streamer that does some weird voice / humor things, has a couple tutorial videos on games etc. When you get the upper levels you realize like "o this guy was never really that good". However, as stated, the FGC should be happy of getting any new people into the games period. To be selective over people joining is just idiotic.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brosnan posted:

Can't wait to body Max on stream, right after I win this battle of the bands against Smashmouth and enter a cookoff to prove Guy Fieri sucks.

You can do it, you're an all star, get your game on, go play!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Brosnan posted:

Fine analogies, will admit. But at least you actually have a chance to body Max. As if Smashmouth or Guy Fieri would ever entertain the idea of anonymous competition against them. Pffft. PFFFFT.

[edit]

Kwilty posted:

Max strikes me as like the Warowl of Counter-Strike. A streamer that does some weird voice / humor things, has a couple tutorial videos on games etc. When you get the upper levels you realize like "o this guy was never really that good". However, as stated, the FGC should be happy of getting any new people into the games period. To be selective over people joining is just idiotic.

As a guy who has been playing Counter-Strike for well over a decade, I feel this is also a good comparison.

teagone fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 2, 2017

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

gently caress you

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

teagone posted:

That's twice now I've seen you make a post here today saying you'd like to see violence inflicted on Max, haha. drat dude. That said! Apparently Max is going to be playing the Rev 2 demo tonight. Does the demo include online play? If so, guess anyone interested will have a chance to body him on stream.

I like to fit in with the spirit of the thread.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I perfected Bebop's evil ryu in a 40-1 set.

He was the 40 for the record.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Brosnan posted:

smash mouth is cool because if someone says smash mouth isn't that great a band 50 people don't crawl out of nowhere to defend them

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

yeah, i don't like max either but this is a pretty hosed up thing to say

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Dog Hausu posted:

yeah, i don't like max either but this is a pretty hosed up thing to say

Username bias.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Reminder that Max had his dog made into a character in that furry fighting game that got cancelled, and he was gonna voice him too

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHOMIL_6x7k

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

https://youtu.be/boYxLKfP25Y

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
fanatiq is even more incredibly hilarious than yall realize.

hes more tame than cabbagepots tho.

probably tied w/ polarity.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 2, 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
on that note is polarity ok i hope hes alive and improving his life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I assume you are referring to polarity who used to post on SRK 10 years ago?