Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Catface is the best! ! More pics please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

queserasera posted:

How can I discourage him from those nips and bites without sending him right back into his shell? When he came to me for pets (and I was so excited) and tried to nibble my fingers, I told him no and stopped petting him. Waited a little while, went back to petting, and when he tried it again, repeated it. This is what the cat care book suggests.

I know I've read it here in PI before, but one technique is to act really hurt by their biting so they get the idea that what they are doing isn't playing or is too rough. Or is that when dealing with puppies?

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Thank you! I love this cat.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

The Catfaceiest.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
No new fosters yet. We needed some recharge time after Peaches and Pie. Kitten season is around the corner but until then, have Butter tweet:

https://twitter.com/Bscotchthecat1/status/856390660898869249

He's already got over 100 followers :3:

Cats on the internet who knew?

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Chili posted:

No new fosters yet. We needed some recharge time after Peaches and Pie. Kitten season is around the corner but until then, have Butter tweet:

Cat shapes!

Sometimes our oldest cat likes to make shapes by laying down in weird ways:

That's pretty tame by her weird shape standards, though.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

Cats are non-newtonian fluids.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Excuse me but the correct phrase is non-mewtonian. :colbert:

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 24, 2017

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Milly comes in a few shapes

Shrimp

French girl painting

Overseer

Loaf with weird elbows (drat focus)

Hellacopter
Feb 25, 2011
Kronos catte is my shelter boy who doesn't have a care in the world, except for being fed.

He has the best shapes. The fluff makes his shapes even better. :3:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
some good floofs and metameowterials in this here thread

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
I am moving this weekend so I had to say a tearful goodbye to all my shelter pals, both cat and human yesterday.

But, I have already looked up the shelter in my new city am planning to go to volunteer training as soon as I am settled.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Butterscotch crossed the 19-pound threshold today!

18.8 pounds!

He's looking more and more like a real cat every day.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Chili posted:

I loving lost it when I saw who the one person Bscotch follows is.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I loving lost it when I saw who the one person Bscotch follows is.

:perfect:

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

Who is it? I don't Twitter so they won't let me see. :(

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Ofecks posted:

Who is it? I don't Twitter so they won't let me see. :(

guy fieri

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

dismas posted:

guy fieri

Who is that?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Measly Twerp posted:

Who is that?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
What Butternews 'pon this day, Sir Chili?

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Semester is almost over so I picked up our newest fosters today. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0nfiJwVRwE

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Cow kitties!!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
aye.

Sorry again for the delays, I know I haven't been keeping up with this thread like I have been in the past but it's largely been quiet in the house foster-wise and Butterscotch is just scoochin around doin his thing. He's still losing the weight and getting healthier and we got a huge greeting when we came back from a weekend stay in NYC.

I've got some good shots though and I'll throw em up here when I get home. Oh and I do occasionally use the twitter for a quick picture.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

I couldn't really see the babby but momcow is pretty cute :3:

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

There's a stomach bug going around our rescue and a few of the adults have lingering diarrhea. cat_herder and I are going to be keeping them one at a time in our place until they feel better since a place with four permanent residents is better than a place with a dozen plus all the surgery animals. We'll try to be better about pictures since they won't be as annoyed with humans for the most part.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
I managed to snag a couple pics this morning that let you see the kitten better.

We weighed the kitten at 6 ounces yesterday. Mom has been really torn between protecting her baby and getting pets from us. She's currently moved into a less than ideal spot under the bunkbed, and we've rearranged the stuff under the bed to make a hideaway for her that we can still access. She's very reluctant to leave her baby so she basically comes just to the edge of the bed to flop and purr like crazy. We're hoping that as time goes by she'll be less protective when her kitten is more active, and we'll see her come out more often. But for now we have food and water right by the edge of the bed so she doesn't have to go far from the baby.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Marchegiana posted:

I managed to snag a couple pics this morning that let you see the kitten better.

We weighed the kitten at 6 ounces yesterday. Mom has been really torn between protecting her baby and getting pets from us. She's currently moved into a less than ideal spot under the bunkbed, and we've rearranged the stuff under the bed to make a hideaway for her that we can still access. She's very reluctant to leave her baby so she basically comes just to the edge of the bed to flop and purr like crazy. We're hoping that as time goes by she'll be less protective when her kitten is more active, and we'll see her come out more often. But for now we have food and water right by the edge of the bed so she doesn't have to go far from the baby.

:kimchi:

I'm sure this isnt accurate, but you sleep in a bunkbed? or you just happen to have an unused one? Sorry the mental picture of two adults in a bunkbed not in the military just tickled the poo poo out of me.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
LOL no. My kids' room is the foster room. They seem to enjoy having dozens of kittens crawl all over them in their sleep.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Cowcats are great :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Adorable kitten AND friendly momcat? Perfect

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

just checked butter's twitter. the most recent pic compared to the gif. Big difference. Way to go butters!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I'm not allowed to foster despite having a great foster bathroom and incredibly polite/respectful cats because I have the most number of cats this apartment allows-- but I am now officially a cat cuddler for my local shelter! yay!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

neongrey posted:

I'm not allowed to foster despite having a great foster bathroom and incredibly polite/respectful cats because I have the most number of cats this apartment allows-- but I am now officially a cat cuddler for my local shelter! yay!

Official Cat Cuddler sounds like a pretty sweet job.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

If only I could get paid for it...

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

neongrey posted:

If only I could get paid for it...

you do, its just not in standard currency form friend

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Correction: if only petting cats would cover rent

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Marchegiana posted:

Semester is almost over so I picked up our newest fosters today. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0nfiJwVRwE

OMG the shelter I volunteered at had a cow cat sister pair named Bessie and Holstein!!!! :h: :h: :h:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

My first cat cuddling shift is tomorrow! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Yay!