Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

I'm glad the principal and superintendent are getting along again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

a bear of a man

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Nearly everyone in the US considers themselves to be middle class. It's not common to self-identify as working class since that means you can't be a temporarily embarrassed millionaire.
Anything between 20-120k/year is some flavor of "middle class" to the people earning it, especially because people tend to self-sort into socioeconomic groups where they'll always have a personal reference for "lower-middle" class people who earn slightly less than they do and "upper-middle" class people who earn slightly more.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I wish I had never found out what the Chapo guys look like
Will is the only one who doesn't sound like a greasy bearded slob, so it's a fun twist when Virgil ends up being the cute one.

snucks fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 2, 2017

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

matt awkwardly falling asleep at a venue is just too loving perfect

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Though, for the biggest voice/body dissonance, you have to go with Felix.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wasn't expecting Will to look like a child wearing a false beard

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

they all look like craft beer guys

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

snucks posted:

Anything between 20-120k/year is some flavor of "middle class" to the people earning it, especially because people tend to self-sort into socioeconomic groups where they'll always have a personal reference for "lower-middle" class people who earn slightly less than they do and "upper-middle" class people who earn slightly more.

Will is the only one who doesn't sound like a greasy bearded slob, so it's a fun twist when Virgil ends up being the cute one.

Unfortunately Virgil's ignorant slander of clean, efficient electrical trains in favor of smoke belching diesel will. Not. Stand.

Here's another thing

https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/859175246934323200

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Guy Goodbody posted:

I wish I had never found out what the Chapo guys look like

Same

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Y'all chump, I'm privileged to look upon Virgil Texas' beautiful young face

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
felix = little brain
virgil = big brain
brendan = galaxy brain

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/859261377751523331

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
the wikipedia photo of them makes me laugh every time

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/857435098710454273

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

TFW you activate big head mode while you're playing Drax in Goldeneye

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Moist von Lipwig posted:

the wikipedia photo of them makes me laugh every time

I don't know them yet because I'm lazy about these things, but if that's Matt in the middle, Felix and Virgil there aren't too unattractive.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Apoplexy posted:

I don't know them yet because I'm lazy about these things, but if that's Matt in the middle, Felix and Virgil there aren't too unattractive.

that's Will and Felix. Virgil looks like SA's own @fart if he wasn't fat.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

oatgan posted:

they all look like craft beer guys

craft beer rules

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

padijun posted:

felix = little brain
virgil = big brain
brendan = galaxy brain

Amber's anecdote about Brendan's delicate features leading her to assume he was a trans man is very believable because goddamn he's got some sculpted cheekbones

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

I Before E posted:

Amber's anecdote about Brendan's delicate features leading her to assume he was a trans man is very believable because goddamn he's got some sculpted cheekbones

IM THE TRANS MAN.. SKABBA DABBA DWEE DAAT DO DAADO DO

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

New Persona game's lookin' LIT

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

I Before E posted:

https://s1.webmshare.com/nGmjw.webm

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Ron Jeremy posted:

The middle class is a myth to separate workers. There are only two classes. Either you make your money by owning or by working.

:yeah:

no sorry gotta go street fight

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Ron Jeremy posted:

The middle class is a myth to separate workers. There are only two classes. Either you make your money by owning or by working.

where do government employees lie?

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.
Street Fight owns super hard.
I just pledged $5/month to them & learned that Bryan Quimbie looks exactly like if Homer Simpson were a real person

go street fight go

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

padijun posted:

where do government employees lie?

working class that's why they're basically the only unionized workers in the south

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

snucks posted:

So then a doctor earning $200,000 a year is upper class? That seems weird to me, I think of the Vanderbilts or Kennedys or some other insanely wealthy and powerful clan of creeps when I think of an American upper class, not well paid professionals.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Pretty sure working class just means getting paid by the hour or day or by piece work as opposed to a salary.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Bryter posted:

So then a doctor earning $200,000 a year is upper class? That seems weird to me, I think of the Vanderbilts or Kennedys or some other insanely wealthy and powerful clan of creeps when I think of an American upper class, not well paid professionals.

Those people have a stranglehold on smaller communities though. 200k isn't poo poo in NY or SF, but in 90% of America, you get a giant house and a decent amount of political sway if you want it. Vanderbilts and Kennedys are the 1%/.1%/.01% ruling class

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Guy Goodbody posted:

I wasn't expecting Will to look like a child wearing a false beard

Felix is the real baby face, which is really funny given how cartoonishly huge the rest of him is.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

He really should just go on the show
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/859408154433527808

Serf
May 5, 2011

Matt is the only normal looking dry boy. Will is like an alien reconstruction of what they think humans looked like and Felix looks like a muscular fish

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Hahaha, wills eyes don't point in the same direction.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Bryter posted:

First of all, bear in mind that a doctor making $200,000 is in the 6th percentile, even assuming their salary is the entire household income and they have no investment or other income. But that's a good question because working class status also concerns things like your working conditions and precarity, and medicine is a profession that's shifting more and more from employer to employed.

By the way, where does the Dry Boy thing really come from? Because I listened to all the free episodes, I'm working my way through the premium ones (currently somewhere around 55, I just let the playlist run) and this is not a thing outside of Felix's weird multifaceted persona.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Bryter posted:

Personally those types are just the elites, or what have you. With the destruction of the middle class for the past 40 years the terms have changed. A lot of people think they are middle despite being relatively poor. Also a lot of rich think they are middle despite making a poo poo ton of money but not quite enough.

The pic above is one of the better ones of Will. Some angles he looks like Billy from Venture Bros.

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 2, 2017

Serf
May 5, 2011

listen, i don't know what the bourgeoisie are, but i will know them when i see them

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
dividing people into classes isn't very useful anyway, it's all just a sliding scale of economic disparity, either you're super hosed or slightly less hosed

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I am generally going by this very simple guideline.
https://twitter.com/pkollar/status/854463632393908224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

there are basically only 2 classes: rich and poor. might as well be separate species, and soon will be