Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

It was be awesome/hilarious if you could set the voice actors per character and have just Zelda speak Spanish while leaving everyone else English. English Zelda is the only actor that stands out as being really bad to me. It got to where I just took my headphones off whenever she was on screen.

The King was the worst by far for me, it sounds like someone with zero VO experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh poo poo Zelda has VO options now :swoon:

Jap /w Eng subs ahoy :syoon:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I can't read Japanese but it's very very important that I hear it

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Wonderboy:
Real good or no good?

i am enjoying it a lot. its got that old-school no-explanation level of punishment but if that doesnt bug you it is a real winner

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Wonderboy is good to me but I don't like the new bonus dungeon.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

2 'new' games announced for Switch ports

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDPvQCi3af4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFDcxJC1jyA

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

My least favorite sex move.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Infinitum posted:

2 'new' games announced for Switch ports

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDPvQCi3af4

This started out okay and then got worse every second I watched it. A beat em up with smooth art? Oh wait its furries. Oh, its flat and not 2.5D. And its really flashy and... meh.

looks fun but the art style is hard to get excited about.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah they're certainly not gonna win any awards, but figured folks might be interested in seeing what's coming up.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Infinitum posted:

Oh poo poo Zelda has VO options now :swoon:

Jap /w Eng subs ahoy :syoon:

Anime is bad

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

One thing you learn is goons are loving weird about voice acting.

Yeah. It sucks when it's bad. Weird.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dr Cheeto posted:

Holiday Season 2017

Me (dumb): wow literally everyone on Earth has a Switch, that's great for Nintendo.

Methodis (wise, learned): now who will they sell consoles to? You idiot. You loving moron.

I really, really laughed at this.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I don't really care if it's cheap or not- I'm actually pretty worried about Nintendo charging a service fee for online. There's so many disconnects spread around to various people on MK8 that it's genuinely unacceptable- along with latency issues and Nintendo Lag still out in full force I'm kinda down on it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
It seems like you can't play with randoms online in MK8 with a friend?

Like you can if you're both local playing on the same switch but there doesn't seem to be a way to play with your friend online unless its JUST with your friends and bots. :v:

Someone please tell me I'm missing something.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Will the new hard mode coming in the Zelda dlc be a toggleable option or will you need to start a new file to select it?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I was flying home from Prague yesterday, and played 2-player MK8 with a friend for part of the journey. It was a bit cramped but otherwise totally owned.

NormenKD
Jul 14, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Like you can if you're both local playing on the same switch but there doesn't seem to be a way to play with your friend online unless its JUST with your friends and bots. :v:

My circle of friends are using Tournaments for this. Matchmaking in "Global" or "Regional" seems to be only for Solo/Local.

1) Look for a tournament that fits your needs and is kinda active.
2) Player A joins the Tournament until he gets a room with enough slots left for everybody.
3) Other people join Player A through the Friends and Rivals Menu.

It's not ideal, but it works OK for our 4-5 people groups. We are sitting in VoiP during this, so it's easy to coordinate.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Kinda bounced off of Shovel Knight at first, but I finished up the main campaign on the weekend and totally vibed on it. Definitely a great game and a perfect fit for the Switch. I've tried out Plague & Spector so far and am really enjoying Spector Knight's gameplay, it reminds me a bit of Megaman Zero, with the melee combat and boss portal.

Plague Knight I have a lot of trouble controlling, almost feel like I'm missing something. He can absolutely shred enemies with the bombs but I feel like the platforming is really hit & miss because the burst, while predictable, is quite hard to control.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

I was flying home from Prague yesterday, and played 2-player MK8 with a friend for part of the journey. It was a bit cramped but otherwise totally owned.

YA EXCEPT EUROPE AND THE US DON"T ALLOW ELECTRONICS ON FLIGHTS FROM THE MIDDLE EAST ANYMORE, THANKS

not like the 3 fastest growing airlines in the world are middle east based or anything

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tender Bender posted:

Nintendo just dropped info about the first BOTW dlc.

http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/expansion-pass-dlc-pack-1-detailed/

It all sounds cool but aside from the hard mode it all sounds like stuff that would be great for a first playthrough which just makes me wish all of it was already in.

Permanent glow mode Master Sword?? :eyepop:

The Moblins on floating platforms look like they're going to be a fun to send crashing to the hard and unforgiving ground.

The travel medallion would've been a godsend for my playthrough too, goddamn.

I like that even Link looks disgusted by the existence of that outfit.

Crawfish posted:

I'm hoping the reward for sword trial is a Master Sword that doesn't wear out and go into unusable mode.

But it's more likely it'll just be malice own zone all the time mode.

Doesn't the sword's durability skyrocket in glow mode? I carved a path through Hyrule Castle with it and only got low on energy when I reached the end. Just clearing out the guardhouse fights would've broken other weapons, let alone the handful of guardians and unlucky mooks I murdered with it along the way.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Those floating platforms make the triple-shot bows even more fun. 1-shotting all 3 balloons while midair is going to be very satisfying.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Doesn't the sword's durability skyrocket in glow mode? I carved a path through Hyrule Castle with it and only got low on energy when I reached the end. Just clearing out the guardhouse fights would've broken other weapons, let alone the handful of guardians and unlucky mooks I murdered with it along the way.
It lasts way longer in glowing mode, but it's still relatively short. Like, you can only take out about 10 Guardians before it's gone for 15 minutes. It's pretty annoying to try and source ancient cores and giant ancient cores with the sword being that way.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Crawfish posted:

It lasts way longer in glowing mode, but it's still relatively short. Like, you can only take out about 10 Guardians before it's gone for 15 minutes. It's pretty annoying to try and source ancient cores and giant ancient cores with the sword being that way.

Get good with shield slaps and use their laser against them.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Crawfish posted:

15 guardians is still a ridiculous amount of durability compared to literally anything else in the game.

I wish the sword recharged at all times as well, not only after being totally drained of energy. It's annoying to go exploring for the better part of an hour only to encounter some chump, hit them twice, and have the Master Sword run out of energy mid-combo.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

YA EXCEPT EUROPE AND THE US DON"T ALLOW ELECTRONICS ON FLIGHTS FROM THE MIDDLE EAST ANYMORE, THANKS

not like the 3 fastest growing airlines in the world are middle east based or anything
I thought it was just US-bound flights that didn't?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

wow you guys weren't kidding about roy being the best character

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I've been playing as Isabelle and she owns.

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer

This will easily replace my former best armor sets: purple luchador spandex and diaphanous belly dancing silks.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

God loving drat it

After getting silver on 200cc lightning cup four times in a row, was perfect until the last corner of rainbow road and hit the last boost pad and went off, coming second.

loving two stars just mocking me

iajanus fucked around with this message at 11:55 on May 2, 2017

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
If you had issues playing zelda because it wasn't the japanese VO, I think you were playing the game for the wrong reasons.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The Japanese Zelda is the only one worse than English, IMO. Russian and Italian are tied for best.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

If the set bonus on this is long-lasting octorok balloons, everyone will dress like Tingle and air raft around Hyrule.

Then some kid will come along and slingshot you out of the sky. :argh:

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

well why not posted:

Plague Knight I have a lot of trouble controlling, almost feel like I'm missing something. He can absolutely shred enemies with the bombs but I feel like the platforming is really hit & miss because the burst, while predictable, is quite hard to control.

It's just another larger jump arc. Like you said, it's predicatable, so you just need to get used to using it and visualizing the arc and it'll just be a triple jump basically.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Also, save your regular double jump for after the bomb burst where possible because it's where most of your air control comes from.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I'm probably being stupid, but how do you update your Mii after starting Mario Kart?

Mine is stuck with the not fresh hairstyle it had when I started the game up, not what my Mii has now.

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

You can join your friend when they're in a lobby about to start a game through the friends list in MK8, you'll see a flag by their name then click it and hit Join. Of course, lobbies stay together for very short periods of time so this doesn't work that well. And most lobbies are full.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

When is this out again?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
*hears Zelda's voice, violently rips ears off*

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zelda is the best English voice acting in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm gonna buy that Tumbleseed game, will give trip report if it's good or not

• Locked thread