Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm talking about the backburster scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The new Stokoe alien comic is cool so far!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

I'm talking about the backburster scene.

did they show this? is it up anywhere?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

alf_pogs posted:

It was part of an alien day preview shown at some theaters. You might be able to find a cam somewhere I guess?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Bugblatter posted:

It was part of an alien day preview shown at some theaters. You might be able to find a cam somewhere I guess?

Someone posted the vr youtube a few pages ago

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Despera posted:

Someone posted the vr youtube a few pages ago

No, I mean they screened the actual scene from the film. The VR bit is completely separate.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

alf_pogs posted:

if anyone has to make more alien movies im glad its ragley scatch alongside fassbender

That sounds like a good idea, but remember that studio pressure and audience expectations means the movies will have a lot of running from crashing ships and inception noises. Prometheus demonstrated that Ridley Scott doesn't come close to pulling that of as well as James Cameron does. If Scott made his new movies in the vein of the originals I would be excited, but with the current direction it is clear they have chosen the wrong man.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It actually is a good idea.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Biomute posted:

That sounds like a good idea, but remember that studio pressure and audience expectations means the movies will have a lot of running from crashing ships and inception noises. Prometheus demonstrated that Ridley Scott doesn't come close to pulling that of as well as James Cameron does. If Scott made his new movies in the vein of the originals I would be excited, but with the current direction it is clear they have chosen the wrong man.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

alf_pogs posted:

Head over to the AvP Galaxy forums for more information.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There's a part in the score, towards the end of Lonely Perfection, where the music goes from what I'll call the "neomorph" theme too big loud brassy horns. I got chills yo. Brassy horns means Xenomorph, and that cue would be a helluva way to introduce it in the film.

I really dig the score. It's mostly atmospheric noises with Goldsmith's cues and other little themes through out, but honestly that's really all you need for an Alien film. Cargo Lift is dope and Chest Burster is mega sad.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

CelticPredator posted:

There's a part in the score, towards the end of Lonely Perfection, where the music goes from what I'll call the "neomorph" theme too big loud brassy horns. I got chills yo. Brassy horns means Xenomorph, and that cue would be a helluva way to introduce it in the film.

When John Philip Sousa comes your wait you'd better step aside.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Man I'm still so on the fence about seeing this in theatre. It actually looks pretty good and I want more David but the older I get the less I'm able to handle gore or body horror.

\/ My wife loves all 3 alien movies but she's even more squeamish than me and absolutely can not handle jump scares so I think we'll both wait to watch this one at home. She likes to watch horror movies but will watch them on mute from behind a blanket while hovering over the pause button like the "emergency stop" for some machine that could kill her at any moment.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 1, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The backburster and the other thing that happens in the clip is incredibly gross and very much hard core body horror. I'd probably wait to be honest. Even all of David's stuff is like that too.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

There was a lot of typical horror movie stupidity in that backburster clip, but still jesus christ.

Don't be dumb like me and hunt it down right after you ate dinner. If you're squeamish I would probably just wait to watch it in an environment that isn't a movie theater.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It's almost probably too much IMO.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

at least link that poo poo jesus christ

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i am definitely going to see this in the cinema. gimme those big aliens and spaceships and human pinatas, not downton abbey

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Page six hundred of the Alien comic book thread as everyone involved agrees to never see a scary alien film again.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jerkface posted:

The new Stokoe alien comic is cool so far!

Eat the apple, gently caress the corps. :mmmhmm:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

banned from Starbucks posted:

at least link that poo poo jesus christ

Alien vs Predator Galaxy forum. It's right on the first page.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Watching the last supper and holy poo poo Walter is going last as long against David as a newborn would against an alien.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

David is the best Alien character.

Sorry Ripley.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

David is the best Alien character.

Sorry Bishop.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The best Alien character is Predator.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

which predator, you have like, a lot of choices.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The Predator.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Scar? Chopper? Celtic? Wolf? Ancient? Elder? Whatever the gently caress those ones were called in the AvP-R ship in the beginning?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The loving Predator, dude. He goes invisible, and he has those blades. What the gently caress.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The guy that fought Arnie and Judge Dredd.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dan Didio posted:

The loving Predator, dude. He goes invisible, and he has those blades. What the gently caress.

Not all Predators are the same brah. There's a billion of 'em.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I think you're just confused, because of the remake.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh1TwRilcLo

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Please do not be racist against the yautja, Dan Didio.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Excuse me, that is a slang term and is very offensive to everyone.

Because that name is super silly.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I haven't really been keeping up much with the hype? Apparently there are some clips showing story-relevant stuff that won't be in the movie itself? Is there a list of them somewhere?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There's 2. One is the crew of the Covenant talking before they go into cryo, and the other one takes place after Prometheus with David and Shaw.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

That second one is actually in the movie itself, pretty far in. Unless it's been cut since older reports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'm kinda sad that the previous release of Alien Stompers brought to light this shoe design, it's been one of my favourites for years and I've had multiple pairs and never paid more than $50 for them. Amusingly I've got a pair that are ultra-limited edition, 54 pairs worldwide that I paid the max $50 for because nobody else wanted them from the store. Reebok hadn't released any new colours or run off any old colours for a while so my current red/grey pair will likely be the last I get at a bargain price which is a pity because they're loving fantastic flat pedal bike shoes.

I heard the above pairs are supposedly general release not limited so if they're not stupidly expensive (they will be) I may pick up a pair for old time's sake.