Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Uthor posted:

60% off TMNT sale
https://www.comixology.com/TMNT-Flash-Sale/page/14838

There seems to be a bug with the newest volume (#15) and it's only $2. It's the only one I was missing, so, sweet!

Nice, I've been interested in getting into the IDW Turtles since playing the upsettingly mediocre Mutants in Manhattan late last year but was waiting for a sale or humble bundle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Box of Bunnies posted:

Nice, I've been interested in getting into the IDW Turtles since playing the upsettingly mediocre Mutants in Manhattan late last year but was waiting for a sale or humble bundle.

It's a good series! But there's so many TMNT titles out there that it's hard to keep track of. I'd tell you to pick up the 15 IDW collections of the main series, the Heroes and Villains microseries, and then any of the other mini series that pique your interest.

There's also the OG B&W collections, the recolorings of the OG series, and various series based on the cartoons. It's all a mess. The first B&W volume is a good get if you wanna see what started it all, however.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TMNT is a great series that I completely forget about until it goes on sale and I buy like 8 volumes or however many I'm missing then I thoroughly enjoy them and proceed to go wait for the next sale a year from one. I never bothered with any of the micro series or single character stories, though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

TMNT is a great series that I completely forget about until it goes on sale and I buy like 8 volumes or however many I'm missing then I thoroughly enjoy them and proceed to go wait for the next sale a year from one. I never bothered with any of the micro series or single character stories, though.

This is actually the best way to read comics imo.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Excellent value. If you're old like me.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You can completely read the main series without paying attention to the side series, they just add a bit more to the plot and are almost always good. The Turtles in Time and Rocksteady and Bebop Destroy Everything mini series are great.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

enigmahfc posted:

You can completely read the main series without paying attention to the side series, they just add a bit more to the plot and are almost always good. The Turtles in Time and Rocksteady and Bebop Destroy Everything mini series are great.

The two microseries seemed important to me as they were single issue introductions to a lot of the characters, following the pattern of the original run.

Crap, forgot about that Rocksteady and Bebop book. BRB!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/857999106509287424

#1s of Amazing Spider-Man, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Mighty Thor, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, and Black Panther

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Uthor posted:

It's a good series! But there's so many TMNT titles out there that it's hard to keep track of. I'd tell you to pick up the 15 IDW collections of the main series, the Heroes and Villains microseries, and then any of the other mini series that pique your interest.

There's also the OG B&W collections, the recolorings of the OG series, and various series based on the cartoons. It's all a mess. The first B&W volume is a good get if you wanna see what started it all, however.

Cool, thanks. Decided to just go all in on the side books alongside the 15 main volumes.

I already have the massive hardcover books they put out of the original Eastman and Laird stories a while back so I'm pretty good on that front, though I am kinda interested in picking up Soul's Winter and maybe looking into the few books collecting Mirage's volume two and maybe some of their other side stuff.

Box of Bunnies fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 28, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Uthor posted:

I've been wanting to get a collection of the original Mirage run but the way it's done is so confusing between the different collections and I'm not sure there's any kind of definitive version at all that covers the whole series.

Box of Bunnies posted:

Cool, thanks. Decided to just go all in on the side books alongside the 15 main volumes.

I already have the massive hardcover books they put out of the original Eastman and Laird stories a while back so I'm pretty good on that front, though I am kinda interested in picking up Soul's Winter and maybe looking into the few books collecting Mirage's volume two and maybe some of their other side stuff.

The stories in the Soul's Winter collection freaked me out as a kid because of the radically different style but when I read them years later I really loved them.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

X-O posted:

I've been wanting to get a collection of the original Mirage run but the way it's done is so confusing between the different collections and I'm not sure there's any kind of definitive version at all that covers the whole series.

A friend of mine was asking for gift recommendations for a young nephew and I told him IDW TMNT, but he didn't take me up on it because it was way too confusing to figure out which books belong to which series and which version of the collections to buy. Getting one or two TPBs to a noob and leaving them on their own for the rest was just too daunting. Shame, cause I think it's a very accessible story otherwise.

Anyway, just read the Mutanimals miniseries and drat if I didn't make an emotional connection with loving Mutagen Man. :confused:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
What is the best stuff to get in the guardian sale?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

What is the best stuff to get in the guardian sale?

The Skottie Young Rocket and Groot stuff is good. All of the 2014-2015 series and the first six issues of the 2016 series.

The Groot series is great. The art in it is amazing. I'd highly recommend that.

I'd say the Jim Starlin Warlock stuff, but it's just like a half dozen random issues from a much longer run.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Uthor posted:

The Skottie Young Rocket and Groot stuff is good. All of the 2014-2015 series and the first six issues of the 2016 series.

The Groot series is great. The art in it is amazing. I'd highly recommend that.

What about the he grounded starlord?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Haven't read it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

bobkatt013 posted:

It's real good

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Gabriel-Rodriguez-Sale/page/14822?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Gabriel Rodriguez/Ashley Wood CSI comics, huh?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:45 on May 1, 2017

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I mean if for some reason you don't have Locke & Key seems like a decent time to get it. $40 for the whole thing.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

and Little Nemo and Tales from the Darkside. All three featured series are good.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Bane-Sale/page/14854?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

The Knightfall stuff is mega cheap. Each collection is 600+ pages.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Comparing those collections with the two Knightfall ominbus volumes that have been released/announced, it looks like the first one is missing about 12 issues of Detective/Batman from the omnibus and the second is missing some Justice League/Shadow of the Bat stuff. Any reason to pick up those issues or will buying the 3 collections on sale be fine to give you the whole story?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Marvel joined Comixology Unlimited.

Does anyone even still have a sub to CU?

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

zoux posted:

Marvel joined Comixology Unlimited.

Does anyone even still have a sub to CU?

It seems the selection is very limited, though: http://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-joins...dium=socialflow

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"It seems like the selection is very limited" would be a very accurate slogan for the platform.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

zoux posted:

"It seems like the selection is very limited" would be a very accurate slogan for the platform.

hahaha

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I've always been interested in reading Salvation Run. Is it any good?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Roth posted:

I've always been interested in reading Salvation Run. Is it any good?

It is dumb and serves no purpose. Only thing it did was kill off a ton of long time Teen Titan villains to even the ledger out.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That's disappointing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Roth posted:

That's disappointing.

You could bye the issue with the kickass Grodd/Mallah fight.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That was honestly where my main interest in the series lied in. I love the Brain and Mallah.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

It is dumb and serves no purpose.

Didn't Secret Six jump out of it? There's some reason I always think Gail wrote it.

Get Secret Six, Roth. I dunno if that's the first series, though.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I would, but hours at Legoland have been cut for the slow season, so I'm being a bit conservative with my spending.

I picked up the Knightfall stuff though.

Roth fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 3, 2017

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Didn't Secret Six jump out of it? There's some reason I always think Gail wrote it.

Get Secret Six, Roth. I dunno if that's the first series, though.

The original Secret six mini series spun out of the villains united infinite crisis mini series. The team then popped up in a couple other books before Catman, rag doll, and scandal showed up in salvation run.
The secret six series did not spin out of salvation run though.

The secret six books are good and I recommend getting them in the sale.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Free month of MU with the code: mcocgotg2

People who sign up by the year are getting screwed, it seems like about six months out of the year end up being free from promos.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New Humble Hundle focused on Kevin Smith and co.

Pay $1:
Green Hornet #1-10
Army of Darkness #1
Cryptozoic Man #1-4
Seduction of the Innocent #1-4
The Shadow Annual 2013

Pay $8:
Green Hornet #11-15
Green Hornet #16-19
Kato #1-14
Vampirella Masters Series Vol. 4 ("Ink" Story)
Black Terror #5-14
The Shadow Special 2014: Death Factory

Pay $15:
Yoga Hosers Humble Bundle Variant
Green Hornet #20-27
Green Hornet: Blood Ties #1-4
Masquerade #1-4
Project Superpowers: Chapter Two Prelude
Vampirella: 1969 ("Magic" Story)
More on Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. Pacific time

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Well, I haven't heard good things about Smith's other stuff, but how was his Green Hornet?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

zoux posted:

Free month of MU with the code: mcocgotg2

People who sign up by the year are getting screwed, it seems like about six months out of the year end up being free from promos.

Thanks for the heads up! Signed up - and immediatelly unsubscribed, of course.

I guess I should read something cosmic to keep up with the current trend but I always wanted to try Journey into Mystery and it never got properly published here so might as well do it.

Wonder how many comics I can read in a month...

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Star-Wars-May-The-Fourth-Sale/page/14916?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Marvel Star Wars and Darth Vader collections up to Vader Down, movie adaptations and Marvel miniseries collections.

Han Solo just got an Eisner nomination, so I'll give that a shot.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Vader is great. Just finished the 3rd volume which I just got today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Teenage Fansub posted:

https://www.comixology.com/Star-Wars-May-The-Fourth-Sale/page/14916?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Marvel Star Wars and Darth Vader collections up to Vader Down, movie adaptations and Marvel miniseries collections.

Han Solo just got an Eisner nomination, so I'll give that a shot.

Well that's disappointing. I was hoping more of the older Dark Horse comics would be on sale or at least the reprints Marvel is coming out with.

edit: Purchased the IV-VI remasters and Marvel Covers. gently caress!

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 5, 2017