Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The opening level in Bayonetta 2 is some of the coolest poo poo ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

the game was filled with some of the coolest poo poo ever. hope nintendo ports this to the switch so more people can play it. maybe one day we'll get a bayonetta 3

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
vocal themes ftw

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I just beat all 36 levels in Doom (1993) on Ultraviolence with pistol start. It's insane how well the core gameplay in that game holds up.

Now I just need to psyche myself up to actually finish Persona 5. I think I'm near the end I'm on the cruise ship getting letters from people of note but I'm having a hard time motivating myself to finish it.

1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza
3. Nioh
4: Nier
5. Nier: Automata
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. Doom (1993) Ultraviolence /w pistol start

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i dont know what one would consider beating n++ but i guess i beat the entire n++ tab and it only took me 2 days 3 hours 58 minutes according to the ingame stats

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Persona 5. Clocked in at 81 hours, Level 77

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. Very inconsistent, went from "just okay" to "good" and back constantly. Still decent overall but not as good as The New Order.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
A year and a half after starting, I finally got around to finishing the story of Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Bright Below. Now on to the sequel (and the postgame!)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

13) Puyo Puyo Tetris Adventure Mode (130.0%)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I just beat my first ever non-official DooM WAD! It's called Lunatic, and its this 5 level map pack that takes place on the Moon. The soundtrack is awesome and even though I'm a noob to the whole DooM mapping community I thought all the encounters were really well designed. The last level is hilarious. I'm going to count it as a game beat because it still took me a couple of hours to work my way though it. I'm off all next week so I think i'm finally going to buckle down and beat Persona 5.

1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza
3. Nioh
4: Nier
5. Nier: Automata
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. Doom (1993) Ultraviolence /w pistol start
8. Lunatic.wad Ultraviolence /w pistol start

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Yomawari: Night Alone. thought it was pretty neat and spooky. like the art style and the ghost designs are cool and unique.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Yakuza 0

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Persona 5.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment. I think I would put it in third place out of the three campaigns, with Plague of Shadows on top and the original campaign in the middle. It was still absolutely top-tier, the maniacs at Yacht Club have done it again.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Plague > Specter > shovel
At first i thought specter was the worst but it grew on me and shovel feels so much slower

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

Plague > Specter > shovel
At first i thought specter was the worst but it grew on me and shovel feels so much slower

I haven't played Shovel in a while so my memory might be a little skewed. I do really like the movement in Specter

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Gigante posted:

I haven't played Shovel in a while so my memory might be a little skewed. I do really like the movement in Specter

slashing and wall-climbing feels so good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

symbolic posted:

slashing and wall-climbing feels so good

https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/859129816271867905

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
oh yeah i forgot about trying that

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

These punks don't even know the properties of the walls in their own game. Shameful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh my god

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Although I wish there was a dash...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

These punks don't even know the properties of the walls in their own game. Shameful

its showing that the cheat doesnt change that

Soral
May 30, 2009

pillars of eternity

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Tales from the Borderlands

edit: also the "tutorial" from Everything a while back, if that counts

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

no they will not posted:

Tales from the Borderlands
What did you think?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

What did you think?

i quite liked it. i'd already seen a bunch of it from synthy's stream but obviously my playthrough diverged a good bit so i didn't feel like i was retreading old ground. also i forgot basically everything that happened. also this is the second episodic telltale game i've played so i'm not particularly burnt out on the format

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I haven't beaten a game in 2017 yet

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Kind of a strange game, got a bit repetitive at times, but overall I enjoyed it. Enough to go and get the true ending which is behind a bit of fairly pointless busywork at the end.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Beat the main story of Elder Scrolls Online. Kind of ok, though I did enjoy seeing villains I'd defeated show up in Molag Bal's torture chamber as punishment for their failure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Kind of a strange game, got a bit repetitive at times, but overall I enjoyed it. Enough to go and get the true ending which is behind a bit of fairly pointless busywork at the end.

Ive had my file stuck on the final boss rush because it ticked me off so much and idk if I'll ever finish it even though theres like 15 minutes left.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah it's dumb. For what it's worth, the true ending is just one extra scene so it's not that worth it. You can just solve the puzzle and walk away rather than doing it like 4 times to fill in all the unique failure scenes.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

Ive had my file stuck on the final boss rush because it ticked me off so much and idk if I'll ever finish it even though theres like 15 minutes left.

I still haven't finished radiant historia from last year despite being on the last boss lol

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Games I've gotten to the last boss of before abruptly stopping and never playing again
Radiant Historia [1 year since last played]
Tales of the Abyss [Approx 5 years since last played]
Metroid Fusion [Approx 7 years since last played]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

Games I've gotten to the last boss of before abruptly stopping and never playing again

Same here with Final Fantasy VIII. Approx 5 years since last played.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

no they will not posted:

I still haven't finished radiant historia from last year despite being on the last boss lol

I've done this before too and I don't know why. The Gamers Mystery

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

no they will not posted:

Chrono Cross... I'm probably like 5 mins away from the ending credits

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I've stopped at the last savepoint in Final Fantasy VII on two separate playthroughs

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

no they will not posted:

i cant remember how far i got on it each time, but ive started superstar saga like 8 times and never finished it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

no they will not posted:

I keep doing this too for some reason.

Nioh
Horizon
Hopefully I'll beat Nier and P5 though

• Locked thread