Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

WHAT ARE THEY DOING TO GUARDIANS OMG

e: hype
E2: HYPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Does anyone still poke their head into GW1 at all? I was looking at the calculator and realized I only need about 100 more zaishen keys and an oppressor weapon to hit 30.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Lol, ranger mechanic is no more pet. Sign me up.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I hope the ele sword will get some evades on the attacks, otherwise it sounds cool. Same with ranger and lack of pet, now I can fire the longbow while being infused with the spirit of the bear.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
05/02/2017 – May 2nd Release Notes

Living World – Flashpoint
The White Mantle launched a surprise attack on Divinity’s Reach. Betrayed from within and assaulted from without, the city fought a battle on two fronts. Queen Jennah rose to the occasion, revealing just how powerful a mesmer she is, and with a monumental effort on the part of the humans and their allies, the city broke the siege.
Caudecus Beetlestone, once the legate minister, was commanding the White Mantle forces, bringing his plot to take the Krytan throne to its conclusion. He’d been working on it for decades, but his plan was foiled. Loyalists and allies of the queen found him in his mansion. Before he could be taken into custody, however, the snake murdered his own daughter, Demmi, an honorable agent of the Order of Whispers—and a friend to many.
Caudecus’s subsequent death was an unsatisfactory revenge for her loss. With their leader dead, the White Mantle forces fell into chaos, and the Seraph and Shining Blade picked off the stragglers with ease. In the wake of the battle, the Divinity’s Reach prison bulged with inmates. A search of Caudecus’s manor revealed one of Lazarus’s aspects—the objects into which he safeguarded portions of his soul.
This discovery brought Lazarus’s true identity into question. Who is Lazarus? Marjory continues to shadow him, but does she know what she’s getting herself into? That question will have to wait, because Taimi is on the verge of completing her antidragon device. The Elder Dragons grow stronger every day, and thus Tyria becomes ever more chaotic and dangerous. Taimi’s device could be the answer that saves the world.

New Legendary Torch: Flames of War
A new legendary weapon is now available. Speak with Grandmaster Craftsman Hobbs in Lion’s Arch to learn how to craft the new torch precursor, Liturgy, and forge the new legendary torch, Flames of War.

Raids

Legendary armor is now available in the game. Complete the final step in the collection to receive the Refined Envoy set. Combine that armor with the recipe components in the Mystic Forge to produce the most sought-after armor in the Guild Wars® world.

Rune Swapping: A key functional attraction of legendary armor is the ability to swap the stats of the item on the fly. Since runes and infusions are as impactful a choice as the stats on the armor, we have altered the behavior of these items to allow players to swap runes and infusions from legendary armor at will. Ascended armor will not be affected by this change.

Items
Blood Rubies, Jade Shards, Petrified Wood, and Winterberries have been added to material storage.

Structured Player vs. Player
Added the Draconis Mons Reward Track.

World vs. World

General
Added the Draconis Mons Reward Track.

BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions
The new Kasmeer’s Regal Outfit is available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 700 gems.
The new Vine-Touched Destroyer Glider Combo is available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 700 gems.
Kasmeer’s Staff has returned for a limited time, found in the Style category of the Gem Store for 600 gems.
The Metallurgic Dye Kit has returned for a limited time, found in the Special category of the Gem Store for 125 gems.
The Cosmic Harvesting Tool, Cosmic Mining Tool, and the Cosmic Logging Tool have all returned and are available in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 1,000 gems each.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

CLAM DOWN posted:

WHAT ARE THEY DOING TO GUARDIANS OMG

e: hype
E2: HYPE

are you ready for the P U R I F I E R

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Oh poo poo, winterberries and stuff in the bank would be great. I'd need to buy a material storage increase, but that's still nice.

Also the image for the leak was taken down, but if ranger's next weapon isn't a hammer then I'd be pissed.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
750 legendary insights to make all three armor classes. Holy cow talk about grind.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

are you ready for the P U R I F I E R

I'm obviously a guardian main but I can't decide if I should play my engy for this upcoming xpack or or try rev bow omg

This is why Anet needs to fix their loving communication "issues" and stop leaving their customers in the dark. Look at how loving excited and thrilled and happy and hyped everyone is with these leaks. They need to take advantage of that! Stop these loving communication droughts and learn how to market your own product Anet god drat

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Sprite141 posted:

Also the image for the leak was taken down, but if ranger's next weapon isn't a hammer then I'd be pissed.

Mirror without the mastery descriptions: https://m.imgur.com/a/VJFi4

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm obviously a guardian main but I can't decide if I should play my engy for this upcoming xpack or or try rev bow omg

This is why Anet needs to fix their loving communication "issues" and stop leaving their customers in the dark. Look at how loving excited and thrilled and happy and hyped everyone is with these leaks. They need to take advantage of that! Stop these loving communication droughts and learn how to market your own product Anet god drat

Nah. How​ much you want to bet some of this will be changed? It's a work in progress, probably on test servers. They're trying out the new builds and new mechanics, but that doesn't mean they'll keep them. They may find poo poo isn't working well, isn't fun or isn't the direction they wanted to go with. So stuff will get changed, or flat out removed, causing the players to backlash on them. When it's early enough in development, never share poo poo. You just build hype, which almost always becomes unmanageable.

Sprite141 posted:

Oh poo poo, winterberries and stuff in the bank would be great. I'd need to buy a material storage increase, but that's still nice.

I found the images, and I'm somewhat pissed. loving give me a bunny thumper anet, come on!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's obviously going to suck for anet when they find out that leaks have happened but i'm pretty certain that at the end of it all people are just more excited than they were before. and anet still has the privilege of giving actual details about things when they officially reveal stuff.

Sprite141 posted:

Nah. How​ much you want to bet some of this will be changed? It's a work in progress, probably on test servers. They're trying out the new builds and new mechanics, but that doesn't mean they'll keep them. They may find poo poo isn't working well, isn't fun or isn't the direction they wanted to go with. So stuff will get changed, or flat out removed, causing the players to backlash on them. When it's early enough in development, never share poo poo. You just build hype, which almost always becomes unmanageable.

there's only so much time they would have to completely revamp things. a decent estimate would be the expansion coming out before the year is over, if we go by the final living story chapter being out in a couple months, the expansion being announced, and coming out maybe like 3 or so months after that. if there's any changes i heavily doubt it's going to be anything major and just more along the lines of stuff like changing the name 'forge' to 'scrapper' like what happened with the first expansion.

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 2, 2017

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

nickhimself posted:

05/02/2017 – May 2nd Release Notes

Pics for outfit, cosmic tools, and new Legendary please.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is there a build that actually uses torch? I mean I do as a berserker but I'm terrible at this game.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is there a build that actually uses torch? I mean I do as a berserker but I'm terrible at this game.

Berzerker and condi ranger.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Mesmers, burn guards, condi rangers, condi zerkers.
Torch is actually a common offhand.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Warrior gets two new weapons (MH Dagger/OH Dagger)? Oh boy.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
OMG MORE LEGENDARIES TO GRIND FOR CONTENT.

What would we do without MMOs.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

I found the images, and I'm somewhat pissed. loving give me a bunny thumper anet, come on!

They'll totally change things for the expansion, but they're not going to revamp major mechanics or maps. That's why this leak is accurate and has created hype. The maps are obviously nearing a completed state and we'll see those in the xpack, so hyyyyyyyype on that. And obviously guardian is getting axe for example, that kind of major thing won't change, so hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype on that!

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

It was dagger.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

guardian is getting axe for example, that kind of major thing won't change, so hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype on that!

Agreed, Axe has easily some of the best legendaries in the game

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

from what little we've seen/heard the guardian spec also looks like it's going to have some cool stuff going on. like tomes acting along the lines of engineer kits.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TeaJay posted:

It still amuses me that they felt the need to remove the human female bored idle animations (and still haven't returned them) because they felt making the appropriate yawning response to their cinematics would be somehow wrong.

Na it got removed cause some snowflakes got triggered about it, they female running animation is also different, more mannish because apparently girls running like girls is a bad thing.

The good thing about the rumored expansion is the lessons we can take from HoT, we know its going to be a gigantic pile of poo poo on launch so you're free to wait till it goes on sale.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

any estimated time line on the expansion? Also any leaks of new armor sets?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Yeah, axe on guardian is really cool! Maybe I should hold off on making anymore weapons/armor until after some of this shakes down.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Man the new legendary is super disappointing and dumb looking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNeMFSPrI-c

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Alteisen posted:

Na it got removed cause some snowflakes got triggered about it, they female running animation is also different, more mannish because apparently girls running like girls is a bad thing.

The good thing about the rumored expansion is the lessons we can take from HoT, we know its going to be a gigantic pile of poo poo on launch so you're free to wait till it goes on sale.

Please stop shitposting tia

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

day 1 purchase, the leak actually gave me a deep interest in buying it.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
There's some speculation that the new Warrior one might be a spiritual successor to the Dervish. That would be so hype.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thief rifle is gonna own

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

UchihaHirou posted:

Man the new legendary is super disappointing and dumb looking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNeMFSPrI-c

Mesmer, in The Unknown Fractal, with the Candlestick.

And it seems to turn your footsteps into burning snowflakes?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Everything xushin shared to SFD about the expansions is true, if only he were still alive to enjoy it. Luckily he also leaked expansion 3-5 info to me personally, i'll drop some info over the next few years.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

Everything xushin shared to SFD about the expansions is true, if only he were still alive to enjoy it. Luckily he also leaked expansion 3-5 info to me personally, i'll drop some info over the next few years.

*pours out gems for zuzu*

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Illuyankas posted:

Please stop shitposting tia

i guess there can't be even a single mmo thread free of brokebrain weirdos

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Alteisen posted:

What does this even mean

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Story was alright but really it's visually impressive more than anything. Felt kinda short this episode, minus navigating the new map.
New mastery is vine grappling hooks and they make the map more tolerable for sure.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Pics of the new map pls??? I'm stuck at work daydreaming about Logan

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Axe Mesmer, huh? Interesting.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The storyline makes no. sense. whatsoever.

The new map looks cool I guess, the vine grab mechanic makes the navigation much better though. But yes it's another one of those maps where you probably won't ever visit again after finishing story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Mustache clips through helmet. 10/10

• Locked thread