Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Really hope 2018s chars are just more Thor versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Really hope 2018s chars are just more Thor versions.

Might be worth it if we get Throot and Thor Machine

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Apparently most likely candidates for early 2018 characters Are Cloak & Dagger and one of the Guardians, possibly Gamora. Wasp has been flagged as low priority, late 2018 at best.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Squirrel Thor or bust.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kokoro Wish posted:

Apparently most likely candidates for early 2018 characters Are Cloak & Dagger and one of the Guardians, possibly Gamora. Wasp has been flagged as low priority, late 2018 at best.

Wasp low priority lolololol. Where is captainhankpym or did he already commit sudoku?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

why aren't they turning Falcon into a playable yet

He's got more than 2 trees worth of skills across his team up variants and he's supremely recognizable now

Just do the lazy thing and crank him out, he's mostly done already. With multiple costumes even

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

He's got more than 2 trees worth of skills across his team up variants and he's supremely recognizable now

Just do the lazy thing and crank him out, he's mostly done already. With multiple costumes even

The logical solution therefore...

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You can't criticse them for failing to do the lazy thing and squeeze out content from retooled existing work given the characters they've announced.

Fneeb
Feb 13, 2012
Marvel. Diablo. How do you take what should be a license to print money and gently caress it up so hard? I suppose that being said are there any decent Marvel games in general? Future Fight is good but i just don't have it in me to grind any more, I guess we have to wait and see what Squeenix does which i'm sure will buck the trends of both Marvel games and their own content :sigh:

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Kelp Plankton posted:

Cause he's black

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Those top-down arpgs from the mid-2000s on xbox were pretty fun

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Gibbering Madness posted:

Cause he's black

TROLLS: youre racist
ASROS: wow thats mean
TROLLS: racism is bad

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Kokoro Wish posted:

Gamora in 2018 sounds like a very Gaz way of timely capitalizing on her featuring in a recently released movie. Also super pumped to see them making Carnage playable based on those four issues where everything in the comics went topsy-turvy and he was, get this, a good guy?!

I mean, forget making Kamala Khan or Medusa playable, it's not like they're at all relevant to what's going on in the comics these days, or readers who've recently been brought in by titles like A-Force or Hellcat.

Although their calander for next year could just be the words 'playable Jubilee' with a red circle around it and I'd forget the past two years even happened.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

A finger on the monkey's paw closes and Wondra is announced as the first 2018 hero.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I hope this sets a precedent to give us a new Taskmaster every week where he's copying a different person's skills. Just ditch the current incarnations of TM and Rogue and start doing this to pump up those rookie content numbers.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the fact that we're getting playable carnage over basically any character marvel is actually pushing says pretty much everything you need to about gazillion, this game's fanbase, and how much marvel cares about it

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Lozareth posted:

I hope this sets a precedent to give us a new Taskmaster every week where he's copying a different person's skills. Just ditch the current incarnations of TM and Rogue and start doing this to pump up those rookie content numbers.

Hell, ditch costumes while you're at it!

Each "costume" is now a stand-alone version of each character purchasable individually!

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
That content roadmap paints a very grim picture.

The creative director is in that thread talking about plans beyond 2018 and I'm wondering in a completely non-lovely way if he'll still have a job by then.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Scoss posted:

That content roadmap paints a very grim picture.

The creative director is in that thread talking about plans beyond 2018 and I'm wondering in a completely non-lovely way if he'll still have a job by then.

at least he's not blowing smoke and being very upfront about the "look I've got like five people and a laptop working on this game this is the best we can do" situation

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Hell, ditch costumes while you're at it!

Each "costume" is now a stand-alone version of each character purchasable individually!
Real talk, they should let costumes be purchasable with eternity splinters because then they can drain those out of the marketplace using the easiest content to produce.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Scoss posted:

I'm wondering in a completely non-lovely way if he'll still have a job by then.

Don't worry dude, he'll have a job in 2018.

Sucking disneydicks out behind the nearest wawa

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

It must be pretty awful working at gaz and seeing doomsaw leave, ryolnir take the reins, rawr get offered a payday to come back, and asros be a spokesperson for the game

I don't envy this new guy at all but at the same time the bar is pretty loving low to hit some singles

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
This game just keeps on getting better and better. Pretty sure the company is dead. I guess Asros just haven't found a new job to jump the sinking ship

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gibbering Madness posted:

Don't worry dude, he'll have a job in 2018.

Sucking disneydicks out behind the nearest wawa

He's taking your job?!?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

jujojoh posted:

This game just keeps on getting better and better. Pretty sure the company is dead. I guess Asros just haven't found a new job that can get let him write off kobayashimaru sexy marvel lady statues as a business expense

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Yea , as a 48 year old comic book fan whose youngest child just turned 23 , I have no clue what the kids know / like. Nor do I care.

Kids usually need to get money from parents to spend on things like entertainment etc.

Adults , well most of us anyway earn our own money to spend (or not) on our entertainment.

Maybe "catering" to kids (general audiences) is why Gaz has alleged financial troubles and perhaps if they had "catered" to the Adult (Marvel comics fans) more money would have been spent ????

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
read the first page, started the download. skipped to the last page, now considering stopping the download. Is this just the normal bitching, or The Game Is Bad Now Again?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Superterranean posted:

read the first page, started the download. skipped to the last page, now considering stopping the download. Is this just the normal bitching, or The Game Is Bad Now Again?

normal bitching

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
The BUE was alright but not lifechanging, for good or bad.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

HandsomeBen posted:

Was really hoping for some more substantial poo poo than that. I'll have nothing else to play when this game dies. I am completely baffled at the idea of making a second playable Thor. So many heroes to choose from and they decide to add another Thor.

if you like arpgs check out diablo or poe.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Superterranean posted:

we all hate the game because we liked it too much and it ruined our lives, whining is all we have left

you should download it and become like we are, good game

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

cosmic today

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Superterranean posted:

If you've never played it, you have a ton of good game to go through, hours and hours worth.

If you've been playing it for a while, there's a very slow pace of content coming which means you log in once every 6 months.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

punchymcpunch posted:

cosmic today never

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kokoro Wish posted:

Yea , as a 48 year old comic book fan whose youngest child just turned 23 , I have no clue what the kids know / like. Nor do I care.

Kids usually need to get money from parents to spend on things like entertainment etc.

Adults , well most of us anyway earn our own money to spend (or not) on our entertainment.

Maybe "catering" to kids (general audiences) is why Gaz has alleged financial troubles and perhaps if they had "catered" to the Adult (Marvel comics fans) more money would have been spent ????

Oh yes. That is the good stuff.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Superterranean posted:

The game is only good for the first 900 hours.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Superterranean posted:

This game really sucks poo poo after you've put like 4,000 hours into it. Buyer beware.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Gamora in 2018 sounds like a very Gaz way of timely capitalizing on her featuring in a recently released movie. Also super pumped to see them making Carnage playable based on those four issues where everything in the comics went topsy-turvy and he was, get this, a good guy?!

I mean, forget making Kamala Khan or Medusa playable, it's not like they're at all relevant to what's going on in the comics these days, or readers who've recently been brought in by titles like A-Force or Hellcat.

Although their calander for next year could just be the words 'playable Jubilee' with a red circle around it and I'd forget the past two years even happened.

Nobody read A-Force or Hellcat, that's why they got canceled.

Please stop recommending terrorists as playable characters.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 2, 2017

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Did Kamala apologize to Israel yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Fneeb posted:

Marvel. Diablo. How do you take what should be a license to print money and gently caress it up so hard? I suppose that being said are there any decent Marvel games in general? Future Fight is good but i just don't have it in me to grind any more, I guess we have to wait and see what Squeenix does which i'm sure will buck the trends of both Marvel games and their own content :sigh:
this game is very good, the people posting in this thread just played it for thousands of hours and goons love to whine.

instead of complaining, just download Marvel Heroes Omega, the new game that is totally awesome and fun

if they go into open beta without omega difficulty and items i will laugh