Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ohio is one of the worst states in the country

I've driven through it multiple times and there's just absolutely nothing redeeming or remarkable about it whatsoever

it's just miles and miles and miles of flat boring soulless suburbia

at least indiana is hosed up and hyperchristian and michigan has detroit and some ed balls out in the country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

And as soon as he stops being a lovely person passing lovely laws, I'm sure they will

So yeah, never

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Cincinnati and Louisville are two places I've lived that I wouldn't hesitate to move back to. Detroit and Dayton not so much, though Detroit is cool.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dgDcHRKejw

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

What about ACA subsidies?
[/quote]

Continuing.

quote:

House Democrats were also concerned Republicans would move to a partisan vote to repeal Obamacare immediately after striking a bipartisan deal on spending bills. But the Trump administration agreed to continue making payments for Obamacare's subsidies that help low-income Americans afford insurance, a significant win for Democrats trying to protect the law.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/30/congress-spending-deal-budget-shutdown-237818

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/859426584457072641

our only hope is for trump to be a sexist pig when they meet

i think

oh right the first thing they asked you when you got out of the box car was "did you abstain" and if you did they skipped the showers and put you in the nice blockhouse

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Cincinnati is great. Where are you from?

The shitposts are coming from inside I-275.

Cincy isn't terrible, it's a hell of a lot better than Wichita, but it's also not Seattle. There's a lot here and a lot going on, but it feels like Cincy is missing something.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Cincinnati is great.*** Where are you from?

*** - experiences in Cincinnati are strongly correlated with your performance on the paper bag test

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

:wrong:

There's no sin tax in Kentucky and you can smoke in the bars. Everyone in Cincinnati goes down to Covington and Newport to get shitfaced on the weekends

You can't smoke in Louisville or Lexington bars and those are the only places in Kentucky worth going to. Also, I'm glad smoking in bars disappeared right after I quit.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

yeh thats pretty coo ill listen to that while i work

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

fuckin post rate throttle ate an actual words not gifs post

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

ain't legal yet :shrug:

and im not a weed user :/ i need to think hard all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Smoke sativas then stop being a lil weenie, my duck

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

barack obama was really good at getting barack obama elected

he was the avatar of the mattering and as he was struck down so too did his empire crumble

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 359 days!

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Columbus at least has OSU. Dayton lost their GM plant and had nothing else going for it except the Air Force base.

:stare: wow, that gm plant was really the thing holding the city together. That place was awful when I lived there, I can't imagine it now

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
the best city in the world is actually riga because everyone is depressed & desperate to get fuced up on various things

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

*** - experiences in anywhere in America are strongly correlated with your performance on the paper bag test

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fidel Castronaut posted:

You can't smoke in Louisville or Lexington bars and those are the only places in Kentucky worth going to. Also, I'm glad smoking in bars disappeared right after I quit.

As someone who had smoked in bars, I was happy to see it go as well.

When you can smoke in bars, you just sit there and chain smoke all night long. When you can't, you round up all your smoking pals and go have a social event for 15 minutes before going back inside.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Go north and you get to a city that had it's river catch on fire multiple times. Also, there's Toledo and Dayton, which are super rusty.

Head further north, welcome to Thunderdome....I mean Detroit, and the lead lands of Flint

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

CAROL posted:

the best city in the world is actually riga because everyone is depressed & desperate to get fuced up on various things

are u latvian

.......no offense

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

removing the legislative filibuster isn't gonna happen

if you started prying now you could prob loosen enough votes for a limited one for like budget things on the grounds that well poo poo reconciliation exists why not streamline the process by removing the fiddly timing things on it

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3dpghfRBHE

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 359 days!
https://twitter.com/DLin71/status/859405235026104320

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Wow, the alcoholic racist duck doesn't even smoke weed? Lmao how low energy

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

ohio is one of the worst states in the country

I've driven through it multiple times and there's just absolutely nothing redeeming or remarkable about it whatsoever

it's just miles and miles and miles of flat boring soulless suburbia

at least indiana is hosed up and hyperchristian and michigan has detroit and some ed balls out in the country

Southern Indiana is pretty nice if you're in a liberal bubble of some sort. I enjoyed living in Indy and it's a nice city, but is too redlined and without public transit to be a great one.

No clue about northern Indiana to be honest. There's a lot going on up there but nobody else in the state even thinks of it or talks about it so like Fort Wayne is a mystery to me despite living in the state for like 20 years

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

tenderjerk posted:

:stare: wow, that gm plant was really the thing holding the city together. That place was awful when I lived there, I can't imagine it now

Dayton is channeling its energy into making crime statistics top 10 lists

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Baloogan posted:

are u latvian

.......no offense

no but ive worked in riga for a couple of months

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Southern Indiana is pretty nice if you're in a liberal bubble of some sort. I enjoyed living in Indy and it's a nice city, but is too redlined and without public transit to be a great one.

No clue about northern Indiana to be honest. There's a lot going on up there but nobody else in the state even thinks of it or talks about it so like Fort Wayne is a mystery to me despite living in the state for like 20 years

Lol jfc

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

tenderjerk posted:

I like Dayton for some reason, then again I also don't live there

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
non-euclidian thinkspaces

a recursive dance of demand for adoration and resentment of those who refuse to give it to him

the one fueling the other in a positive/negative feedback loop

reconstituting and dissolving into quantum pissfoam between observances

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dayton is channeling its energy into making crime statistics top 10 lists

But we have some nice bars now. Warped Wing owns.

The trick is to live where all the white rich retired folks are so no one bothers you ever.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

tenderjerk posted:

There is a good shirt documentary called "The Last Truck" about the closing of the Dayton plant.

Dayton was a lot like Detroit, except nobody gave a poo poo and you didn't even have gentrifying hipsters to entertain you.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

I mean yeah true but things aren't particularly great in cinci

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

snicker

quote:

le pen is

XD

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

like ohio sits almost exactly at the intersection between the Great Lakes diaspora and the Northeastern corridor and it pulls exclusively from the worst characteristics of both regions

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
another nice city is prague because it has a very nice clock in the middle of it

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Look at who'se making the bare minimum effort to look like she's avoiding a conflict of interest

quote:

The 35-year-old has made it clear she will be donating all the money earned to charity and refraining from doing publicity to ensure she is not seen to be abusing her platform as an unpaid White House advisor.

Raising the bar in the Trump administration!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Great minds

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Al! posted:

snicker

XD

:dukedoge:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

mormonpartyboat posted:

non-euclidian thinkspaces

a recursive dance of demand for adoration and resentment of those who refuse to give it to him

the one fueling the other in a positive/negative feedback loop

reconstituting and dissolving into quantum pissfoam between observances

Read this in jeb!'s voice like he's talking about his apple watch lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

Look at who'se making the bare minimum effort to look like she's avoiding a conflict of interest

Raising the bar in the Trump administration!

She's donating all the money she makes as an unpaid WH adviser?

• Locked thread