Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I aint got time to piss im in a jeeeeeep
Pentastar more like pissastar
My catheter bag is the world
I made this specifically to piss on police officers shoooes
I used to do this in the marine corps and now i dont know how to live any other way

I wonder if all that piss will finish the job the rust has started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I actually don't hate the second one. But the first one needs to be purged in fire.

Memento fucked around with this message at 13:08 on May 2, 2017

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Same. That shooting brake just doesn't do it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

shooting brake vettes work, i think it's the fauxmad thing that's not working there

donut
Feb 4, 2001

Good news! Not only is the front just as terrible as the back, but that's not even the only one!

10-or-so years ago you could have one yourself, all you needed was a C5 and 49 grand.

edit: The Locator, you stinker.

donut fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 2, 2017

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

At first I thought it was Ferrari FF.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

donut posted:

Good news! Not only is the front just as terrible as the front, but that's not even the only one!

I'm glad that the front is just as terrible as the front!

:laugh:

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Memento posted:

I actually don't hate the second one. But the first one needs to be purged in fire.

The first one can burn but the second one just needs a pre-runner suspension and wowza

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

The corvute is kinda wonderful.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe terrible car stuff; I read that during the 80s/early 90s GMs management actually considered extending the C4's lifespan until 1999 or so. The C4 is a fine car, but it would have been embarrassingly out of date by that point.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Human Grand Prix posted:

Maybe terrible car stuff; I read that during the 80s/early 90s GMs management actually considered extending the C4's lifespan until 1999 or so. The C4 is a fine car, but it would have been embarrassingly out of date by that point.

they should've done it and played this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL8esyAmHZM

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I dunno, they got almost 20 years out of the X/A bodies and then again with the GM20 body

Because they were that good

:haw:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

So hey stupid question. I can't remember how old that title is, but it's been around a while - said $1200 stroller, is your kid still small enough to use it/have you had a second kid that's now putting it in use? If not, what does one even do at the end of their use cycle on something like that? Is there a used market of any note there?

I don't have kids and the people I know who do are the "Let's just hit up Goodwill/Salvo for cheap poo poo, baby's gonna outgrow it as fast as we can buy it anyway" types, so I literally have no frame of reference here and I'm curious.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Unreal_One posted:

The corvute is kinda wonderful.

i didn't like it before but I do now just for the name

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

PCOS Bill posted:

So hey stupid question. I can't remember how old that title is, but it's been around a while - said $1200 stroller, is your kid still small enough to use it/have you had a second kid that's now putting it in use? If not, what does one even do at the end of their use cycle on something like that? Is there a used market of any note there?

I don't have kids and the people I know who do are the "Let's just hit up Goodwill/Salvo for cheap poo poo, baby's gonna outgrow it as fast as we can buy it anyway" types, so I literally have no frame of reference here and I'm curious.

Well designed strollers (most important bit of design is a reclining seat) can last from about when they can sit upright to when they refuse to sit in one, which is around 4 years old ive seen.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
you know if muerte had that fancy of a stroller he might have made it out of his zipcode even!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The ambulance I've been assigned today is terrible car stuff

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

PCOS Bill posted:

Had a second kid, sold the $1,200 stroller for 3/4 or so what we paid for it (Craigslist) and bought another expensive double stroller. There is a very healthy market for used high end strollers, and they hold their value really well.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

PCOS Bill posted:

Used stroller market exist, especially on upper brand strollers (Stokke, Bugaboo, Uppababy). The more gently used, the more you can resell it, especially in places where image is everything (SoCal / NYC) so that other moms can brag about their expensive stroller they have in the back of their Q5 / X3 / GLC.

There have been times where my kid doesn't want to sit in the stroller and expecting mothers will come up to give me cash offers for the stroller because "it's obvious your kid outgrew it, why not sell it off?" when he's walking next to me.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

People and their giant God drat strollers in congested public places is definitely terrible stuff.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

kimcicle posted:

Used stroller market exist, especially on upper brand strollers (Stokke, Bugaboo, Uppababy). The more gently used, the more you can resell it, especially in places where image is everything (SoCal / NYC) so that other moms can brag about their expensive stroller they have in the back of their Q5 / X3 / GLC.

There have been times where my kid doesn't want to sit in the stroller and expecting mothers will come up to give me cash offers for the stroller because "it's obvious your kid outgrew it, why not sell it off?" when he's walking next to me.

Yeah, we sold our Stokke Xplory to a young couple in Orange County, CA that probably shouldn't have bought it. The wife clearly was obsessed with owning this specific year/color and the guy looked like he was going to puke when he handed over the cash.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Good poo poo

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

eyebeem posted:

Yeah, we sold our Stokke Xplory to a young couple in Orange County, CA that probably shouldn't have bought it. The wife clearly was obsessed with owning this specific year/color and the guy looked like he was going to puke when he handed over the cash.

As someone who lives in Orange County, CA, its the loving worst. For a minute I thought my $300 stroller was bougie as hell, but it turns out I'm just one of the poors.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

eyebeem posted:

Did she have a bob cut?

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FogHelmut posted:

As someone who lives in Orange County, CA, its the loving worst. For a minute I thought my $300 stroller was bougie as hell, but it turns out I'm just one of the poors.

I live in Ladera Ranch. If there's a neighborhood full of white trash Lawyers, it's mine.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

eyebeem posted:

I live in Ladera Ranch. If there's a neighborhood full of white trash Lawyers, it's mine.

I'm only a few miles away in Mission Viejo. The only people on the block that mow their own lawn are me and the retired guy across the street.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

The ambulance I've been assigned today is terrible car stuff

Jesus gently caress that's a ton of milage. I'm sure the Ambulance service in my state doesn't hold onto ambulance vehicles that long

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Goober Peas posted:

I dunno, they got almost 20 years out of the X/A bodies and then again with the GM20 body

Because they were that good

:haw:

W platform: 1988-2016, 28 years
J platform: 1982-2005, 23 years
S platform: 1982-2005, 23 years (longer if you include Brazil, through 2012)
C/K platform: 1973-1991, 18 years
X/A platform: 1980-1996, 16 years

Honest answer, are any of these really good? I mean, even as a rabid A-body fan, I will be the first to admit they have some reliability problems.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

You Am I posted:

Jesus gently caress that's a ton of milage. I'm sure the Ambulance service in my state doesn't hold onto ambulance vehicles that long

Most state departments of health mandate a max mileage.

Arizona :911:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

PCOS Bill posted:

In addition to what others have said, there's resale shops for stuff like that, ranging from low end to $$$$$$$. Kid to Kid is pretty well known locally and seems to take aim at the middle of the market. There's plenty of others, that's just the one I happen to be familiar with.

Not a parent, but used to work next door to a Kid to Kid, and would BS with the employees occasionally when on a smoke break (back when I smoked).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 3, 2017

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Left Ventricle posted:

W platform: 1988-2016, 28 years
J platform: 1982-2005, 23 years
S platform: 1982-2005, 23 years (longer if you include Brazil, through 2012)
C/K platform: 1973-1991, 18 years
X/A platform: 1980-1996, 16 years

Honest answer, are any of these really good? I mean, even as a rabid A-body fan, I will be the first to admit they have some reliability problems.

Are we talking about the platform itself? I got almost 200k miles out of a Grand Prix GTP. Drove great until the transmission finally went. Only real issue it had were all of the terrible GM plastic parts disintegrating. Blend door actuators are the worst.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Most state departments of health mandate a max mileage.

Arizona :911:

What happens when they retire an ambulance?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
We donate it to mexico to get the tax write-off.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Lift? Never heard of it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Memento posted:

Lift? Never heard of it.

co-driver should have told them not to cut

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Memento posted:

Lift? Never heard of it.

Right two over crest but it's okay to cut

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Memento posted:

Lift? Never heard of it.

It worked in "For Your Eyes Only" :confused:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
In response to general strollerchat I started:

Neat, I never put that much thought into it. I'm sure someone in my family still has the by-now moth eaten/half rotted out/rusted to pieces stroller that got used for all the kids in my generation in the family tucked away somewhere "just in case!" We weren't dirt poor, but there were things that got passed around the family years after they should have been retired.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Memento posted:

I actually don't hate the second one.

thanks for this

my chevyfan friend just bought an el camino and he finds that picture to be very offensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Spotted this car earlier today:

For those wondering, the pictures are all of Z-List British TV Presenter & Actor Shane Richie