Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

TBAR (T Bar) which is "a means of avoiding an uphill climb" and is a kind of ski lift, never heard one called that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

TBAR (T Bar) which is "a means of avoiding an uphill climb" and is a kind of ski lift, never heard one called that.
:iiam: i have found it on wiki, and we even have one here in latvia, but drat if i would've ever thought about shape of ski lift handle for a question like that

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
PUBG is alright

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The company is next in line to flee to Iowa! Get hosed, Illinois. I'm moving out of this dumb rear end state.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

PUBG is alright
it's cool. thinking about grabbing it after the early access

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://store.steampowered.com/app/549080/Tank_Warfare_Tunisia_1943/ attn slavs, rask

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Volkerball posted:

The company is next in line to flee to Iowa! Get hosed, Illinois. I'm moving out of this dumb rear end state.
Out of the deep dish and into the popcorn popper.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

pangstrom posted:

Out of the deep dish and into the popcorn popper.

You're thinking of Indiana. Iowa is pig farms

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

gonna keep evangelizing witcher 3 when good games to play are discussed

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

WoodrowSkillson posted:

which /r/games moderator are you

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

i started skyrim.

the bugs are pretty funny

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Volkerball posted:

You're thinking of Indiana. Iowa is pig farms
I considered "out of the deep dish and into the absolutely nothing", then some Iowa fair food, then just did the closest thing to corn.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

arn't most of the pigs in iowa fed from iowa field corn?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

cinci zoo sniper posted:

which /r/games moderator are you

i do not post on reddit

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

pangstrom posted:

I considered "out of the deep dish and into the absolutely nothing", then some Iowa fair food, then just did the closest thing to corn.

Iowa's most famous export is slipknot

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

Iowa's most famous export is slipknot

i thought it was corn, used tractors, and cousins

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i need to play again sometime

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i thought it was corn, used tractors, and cousins

Glass houses, Lithuania boy

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm definitely going to play the poo poo out of witcher 3 once the game of the Year edition is like ten bucks

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

Glass houses, Lithuania boy

neither of baltic states grows corn, has an economical market to export second hand used tractors to, and a birthrate sufficient to just breed, what is there about inbreeding

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

but i do not mean to defamate iowa, i am sorry. after all, it is the state where the toothbrush was invented

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

cinci zoo sniper posted:

but i do not mean to defamate iowa, i am sorry. after all, it is the state where the toothbrush was invented

Also the famous movie cedar rapids was famously set in cedar rapids iowa. And will ferrells famous old Milwaukee "Davenport" commercials were filmed on scene in Davenport Iowa

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oh hey it's 1950s Moscow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imy7vB_n1GA&t=312s

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sljF7R8wroM

e: really bethesda

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

cinci zoo sniper posted:

neither of baltic states grows corn, has an economical market to export second hand used tractors to, and a birthrate sufficient to just breed, what is there about inbreeding

"neither"? What happened to the third one?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

A family has lost custody of two children featured in a series of "prank" videos, which some said actually showed child abuse.

The YouTube account "DaddyOFive" became wildly popular in recent weeks after posting videos where two parents played "pranks" on their children. In particular, they would accuse one child, named Cody, of a range of bad behaviour – and then punished him physically and emotionally for it.

Now Rose Hall, the biological mother of 9-year-old Cody and his sister Emma, says that she has obtained emergency custody of her children.

"They're doing good," Ms Hall says on the video where she appears with her lawyer. "They're getting back to their playful selves."

Ms Hall thanked the YouTube community for raising attention towards the channel.

DaddyOFive's creators, which included Cody's father, claimed that the videos were harmless pranks and that the children didn't mind taking part in them. But a range of prominent YouTubers said that the videos depicted abuse – pointing to videos where the parents scream and swear at the kids, tell them they are going to be adopted and one where Cody's father appears to push him into a bookcase.

The videos gained the channel almost 800,000 subscribers and millions of views, as well as supporters who said they enjoyed the stunts being shown in the video. But they also attracted detractors, including YouTube star Philip DeFranco, who released a video editing some of the more horrifying clips together.

That video was viewed more than three million times and brought widespread condemnation of the DaddyOFive channel.

As well as the apparent developments between the parents of Cody and his sister, the Martin family posted a video on their DaddyOFive channel apologising for what they did, and appeared on US TV. They said that they were unaware of the effect the videos would have on their children and apologised for them getting out of hand.

The rest of the videos have now been removed from the channel and the apology has been viewed almost two million times.

The Martins had initially said that the people who opposed the videos were "haters" and that by criticising the stunts they were in fact upsetting the children more.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

No wonder Almalexia was freaking out over the loss of her immortality.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Bethesda was also behind the plot to the first arc in Sword Art Online, checks out.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Bethesda was also behind the plot to the first arc in Sword Art Online, checks out.
majorian ill need your professional expertise here

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

japanese zookeepers have been abusing penguins with anime

https://twitter.com/mdgw7/status/858293188955590656

they put an anime in the penguin enclosure, and now one is anti-social and fawns over its 2d-waifu and will no longer socialize with the other penguins

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Condiv posted:

japanese zookeepers have been abusing penguins with anime

https://twitter.com/mdgw7/status/858293188955590656

they put an anime in the penguin enclosure, and now one is anti-social and fawns over its 2d-waifu and will no longer socialize with the other penguins

Apparently, it was so bad they had to isolate him because he wasn't properly eating or taking his medication. The penguin is actually very elderly for penguins and, as such, very brittle. Chances are, he's the penguin equivalent to senile and thinks the 2-D picture is a real penguin.

How the gently caress he sees that and thinks "oh, that's a penguin, not a (drawing of) woman pretending to be a penguin", I have no idea.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
The zoo did this in a deal to make money from advertisers. They didn't think this would cause any problems. And, frankly, who could have seen this coming?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Covok posted:

The zoo did this in a deal to make money from advertisers. They didn't think this would cause any problems. And, frankly, who could have seen this coming?

anime producers could since it's the most common reaction to animes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

looks like all writers have left volvo

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Volkerball, what is your take on Hamas recognizing a Palestinian state in the borders of 1967?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Volkerball, what is your take on Hamas recognizing a Palestinian state in the borders of 1967?

*pre six day war 1967 borders

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Randler posted:

It's a start, but I feel that as part of a good faith endeavor by Israel and the West, that hamas and the Palestinians deserve to be given additional lands outside of Israel, as European Jews were given land outside of their own direct homelands. Reparations in kind, you see. Maybe we could start by giving them I don't know, Iran. :shrug:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

It's a start, but I feel that as part of a good faith endeavor by Israel and the West, that hamas and the Palestinians deserve to be given additional lands outside of Israel, as European Jews were given land outside of their own direct homelands. Reparations in kind, you see. Maybe we could start by giving them I don't know, Iran. :shrug:

:chanpop:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

cinci zoo sniper posted:

A family has lost custody of two children featured in a series of "prank" videos, which some said actually showed child abuse.

The YouTube account "DaddyOFive" became wildly popular in recent weeks after posting videos where two parents played "pranks" on their children. In particular, they would accuse one child, named Cody, of a range of bad behaviour – and then punished him physically and emotionally for it.

Now Rose Hall, the biological mother of 9-year-old Cody and his sister Emma, says that she has obtained emergency custody of her children.

"They're doing good," Ms Hall says on the video where she appears with her lawyer. "They're getting back to their playful selves."

Ms Hall thanked the YouTube community for raising attention towards the channel.

DaddyOFive's creators, which included Cody's father, claimed that the videos were harmless pranks and that the children didn't mind taking part in them. But a range of prominent YouTubers said that the videos depicted abuse – pointing to videos where the parents scream and swear at the kids, tell them they are going to be adopted and one where Cody's father appears to push him into a bookcase.

The videos gained the channel almost 800,000 subscribers and millions of views, as well as supporters who said they enjoyed the stunts being shown in the video. But they also attracted detractors, including YouTube star Philip DeFranco, who released a video editing some of the more horrifying clips together.

That video was viewed more than three million times and brought widespread condemnation of the DaddyOFive channel.

As well as the apparent developments between the parents of Cody and his sister, the Martin family posted a video on their DaddyOFive channel apologising for what they did, and appeared on US TV. They said that they were unaware of the effect the videos would have on their children and apologised for them getting out of hand.

The rest of the videos have now been removed from the channel and the apology has been viewed almost two million times.

The Martins had initially said that the people who opposed the videos were "haters" and that by criticising the stunts they were in fact upsetting the children more.

this is really hosed up btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

IT'S ONLY FAIR

• Locked thread