Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
Benny is just great. He even has enough defense to make him a great match for the blessed lance, since 10 HP regen is worth -3 Def when you start with over 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

I dunno, why did you suddenly lose the ability to attack at close quarters?

It's over, Takumi. You can't keep fighting. Return to Hoshido with your troops.
Dammit. Why?! Why can't I beat you? You abandoned Hoshido... stood by and watched Mother die... betrayed us all... Why can't I have the justice I deserve?!
Takumi...
As you said, I must retreat for now. But next time will be different. Next time HAS to be different... I'll never forgive you, Corrine... I won't rest until I've killed you myself.

*Takumi leaves*

Uh...I'm pretty sure one of the first lines we hear from him is

Hey, who said you could me by name? You haven't earned that privilege either.

What do you mean? How so?
Takumi never accepted me as his sister like the others, but he was always kind. He's not the type to raise his voice or threaten to hurt anyone.
I can't explain it, but it's like he's a different person...
Do you think... it's because I betrayed Hoshido? Could that be the cause?

...I want to smack you in the head so much.

Is this seriously a discussion going on about this

But it still doesn't add up. He's so crazed and focused on Nohr's destruction... I can't help but wonder if that's really Takumi.
Huh? Of course that's Takumi. Who else would it-

Someone's in pain! What's going on over there?!
It's getting louder. Let's hurry!

I'm sure it's fine.

Uh...Hans, what are you doing

I am shocked. Shocked that Hans is still evil.

Please... no... Gaaaah... !! *dies to slash*
Hans! Stop this, now! What do you think you're doing?!
Don't worry, milady, I'm saving some of these rats for you. You're just in time to help us take out the trash that started this rebellion.
Are you insane!? We don't kill for the sake of killing! And these are innocent villagers! They're not even soldiers!
Villagers are just soldiers who haven't grabbed a sword yet, heh heh. If we let them live, it'll come back to haunt us when we least expect it.

As Princess of Nohr, I order you to drop your blade and let these people go!
Forgive me, milady, but the orders come straight from Lord Garon. You may be a princess, and our leader, but the King's word is law.

....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

He did. My apologies.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to wrap up here so we can get back home. Feel free to find somewhere quieter to rest until the dirty work is over, milady. *leaves*
Hans, wait! Stop this madness! HANS!!

I wish things could be different.
Camilla...
I'm sorry, but I just found out the injured Hoshidan soldiers have already been killed. And that rebel... what was her name... Scarlet? Yes, the poor thing.

Great, thanks. The first actual confirmed death for Conquest is Scarlet. Terrific.

Gods, no... but Scarlet would have listened to us if we had just talked things out. Now we'll never have that chance...
Why, Camilla? Who wants to live in a world where precious life is destroyed on a whim? Is this the world Father is building? Is this what I've been fighting for?

Because he's EVIL. A thing you would've picked up after EXPLODING HOSHIDO

Or being told to solo the Ice Tribe

Or just literally told to stamp out the rebellion an hour ago

Where is the justice? The respect for life? The common decency?! Tell me, Camilla...
Corrine... I know you're upset, but we need to report back to Father. He'll be angry if we keep him waiting. I'll summon a messenger.
Camilla! How can you be so calm at a time like this?
I'm sorry, Corrine. I don't have the answers you're looking for. I don't know why Father makes some of the decisions he makes. I never have.

If you value your life, as I do... bury your feelings, at least for now. I know it's hard to do that while looking around at what's happening here... But I'm afraid it's your only option. If you'll excuse me, I must hurry. *leaves*
Camilla...
I'm sorry, but I can't do that. I can't accept that this is the Nohrian way.

...Maybe Garon should directly try to murder her again cause it's been a while.

Character overview

Charlotte

Class sets: Starts as Fighter, Troubadour
PSkill: Unmask-When engaging a female enemy, Damage +4 and Critical rate +20

Growth Rates
HP: 85
STR: 75
MAG: 0
SKL: 50
SPD: 65
LCK: 50
DEF: 25
RES: 5

It's not a coincidence that Charlotte gets great levels because LOOK AT THOSE GROWTHS. She will hit hard and be fast at it. She will however die to any second hit with how fragile is she is other than HP. Don't be surprised if she has her base defensive stats for the rest of the game because they're awful. Never have her near a mage's vision.

Benny

Class sets: Starts as Knight, Fighter
PSkill: Fierce Mien-Enemies within a 2 tile radius have their Avoid reduced by 10

Growth Rates
HP: 70
STR: 60
MAG: 0
SKL: 65
SPD: 15
LCK: 45
DEF: 75
RES: 45

While Effie is a weird strength monster that starts out as a Knight, Benny is all about being the ultimate tank. His growths are actually pretty drat good, even having decent resistance growth. Along with his PSkill, he can be considered one of the most useful walls because he makes the sweepers behind him more accurate.

Tae fucked around with this message at 17:49 on May 2, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The real joy of Charlotte is getting her near weak female healers and watching her do over 200 damage with an almost guaranteed critical hit. There is something hilarious about imagining Charlotte pretending to be dainty as she stands over an enemy who she has literally made explode

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Wary Fighter was made for Benny. Give that to him and it negates his only real weakness (besides Armorslayers, but whatever).

Wary Fighter is just incredibly good in general. It wipes out the downsides of nearly all of the 1-2 range weapons, and Benny really does become the ultimate wall with it.

Also, Tae, you've got Charlotte's class set and passive twice up there.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Oh hey, good thing we conveniently have someone :moreevil: around to slaughter innocent civilians and helpless prisoners of war so that our protagonist never has to commit any morally questionable acts! :geno:

The fact that this still comes as a shock to her after all she's seen since we've started playing is the most frustrating part of it. Conquest Corrine's not sheltered, she's completely disconnected from reality.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Tae posted:

...I want to smack you in the head so much.

Would it actually matter? I mean, you could probably flat out remove her head and Corrine would still be able to function perfectly fine because nothing of value would be lost.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Charlotte - She is 100% physical offense; if anything survives long enough to hit her, she's dead. And yes, her secondary class tree is SPECTACULARLY bad for her; after all, you can't fix a unit with literally 0 base growth in a stat except by switching to a class that doesn't use that stat at all (which, in this case, means leaving her in her base class).

Benny - You remember how I called Effie "surprisingly fragile?" I'll freely admit that THIS guy's a large part of the reason for that. Sure, he's glacially slow, but that doesn't matter if he's completely impervious to harm. As a bonus, he's a fairly competent attacker, aside from his having the third-worst Speed growth in the entire game (all routes) combined with a bad base; yes, he is even slower than Orochi.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tae posted:

Great, thanks. The first actual confirmed death for Conquest is Scarlet. Terrific.
It's safe to assume that Orochi and Reina can also be counted as dead since they never appear again in Conquest. So yeah, Hans has like four named character kills so far in this path. Good job keeping deaths to a minimum, Corrine.

In less depressing news, as much as I prefer Effie over Benny, I do have to give his voice actor Imari Williams credit for doing a good job. Benny's skill/crit lines are a bit rough thanks to the scattershot voice direction (a few sound like Williams is straining to keep Benny's voice consistent), but otherwise Williams does a good job with the role. He also voice Fuga, which I think is the better role he gets for this game. His voice just works for older characters like Fuga and Benny.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:perfect:
well, apart from the metal bikini.
And the high heels.
But still, it's actually a quite badass picture despite those two complaints.

(:wtc: why does she have troubador? Give her cleric for war cleric if you want her to have staff access).

I'll not commenting on Hans and dad :moreevil:. I feel I already said way too much on the issue.

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:

W.T. Fits posted:

The fact that this still comes as a shock to her after all she's seen since we've started playing is the most frustrating part of it. Conquest Corrine's not sheltered, she's completely disconnected from reality.

I think Conquest Avatar's biggest problem is that they seem to have no memory of the previous chapters. They doesn't understand why Takumi is angry despite the fact that every time he has shown up he has shouted his reasons. They also never remember the bad things Garon has done outside of what is happening right now. It's frustrating to see that the player character's only constant trait is complete stupidity.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Omobono posted:

(:wtc: why does she have troubador? Give her cleric for war cleric if you want her to have staff access).
Fates' equivalent of the Cleric class is the Shrine Maiden class, which is a Hoshidan exclusive class and thus no Nohrian units can get access to it outside of marrying Corrin. Thus, Troubadour is used because...Charlotte likes to suck up to rich people, I guess? :shrug:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Omobono posted:

:perfect:
well, apart from the metal bikini.
And the high heels.
But still, it's actually a quite badass picture despite those two complaints.

I'll not commenting on Hans and dad :moreevil:. I feel I already said way too much on the issue.

One complaint i can say is the lines of action make no sense.
And this isnt her ingame outfit and thats a grand shame, the fur faulds kick so much rear end and actually make the bikini armor work. which is insane.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

One complaint i can say is the lines of action make no sense.
And this isnt her ingame outfit and thats a grand shame, the fur faulds kick so much rear end and actually make the bikini armor work. which is insane.

That's approximately what she looks like as a berserker, isn't it?

I personally would have gone with this one, because while it's more cheesecake-y, it's also absolutely hilarious:

I also like the design on this one in general, but only a crazy person would turn Charlotte into a hero:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
We're finally getting deep into what makes Conquest so special. :allears: I never even noticed how loving overkill evil those soldiers look, it's like they're from Berserk or some poo poo.

theshim posted:

Wary Fighter was made for Benny. Give that to him and it negates his only real weakness (besides Armorslayers, but whatever).

Wary Fighter is just incredibly good in general. It wipes out the downsides of nearly all of the 1-2 range weapons, and Benny really does become the ultimate wall with it.

Wary Fighter is basically the defensive counterpart to FE4 Astra for how busted it is. It really needed to be enemy/user doubling threshold -3 (so 8 speed needed to double), because some enemies become really unpleasant to deal with it later and it kinda makes things too easy when Effie is effectively allowed to throw Javelins for free with her monster strength and Puissance.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm starting to wonder if all those implied sparring sessions with Xander just beat the long-term memory right out of Corrine.

Also yeah, Conquest is the worst game, because they just murder the gently caress out of Scarlet.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Oh gently caress yes it's my boy Benny :neckbeard:

I paired him up with Beruka in my first Conquest playthrough and they carried so hard. I think Benny had something like ~55 defense when paired up by the end of the game.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

If this was more competently written, Hans would probably die at about this point. A simple "I'm going to pretend not to believe you and tell Father I had to kill a traitor *slashy slash*" would do.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

inthesto posted:

That's approximately what she looks like as a berserker, isn't it?

I personally would have gone with this one, because while it's more cheesecake-y, it's also absolutely hilarious:

I also like the design on this one in general, but only a crazy person would turn Charlotte into a hero:

The way I see it, I don't mind cheesecake too much if the outfit is appropriate to the situation. Looking hot is basically the job description for a wedding dress, and if a character is a mounted unit by default high heels make actual sense. By contrast, high heels or bikini armour on a foot soldier are completely stupid.

(E: bikini armour is always stupid)

Omobono fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 2, 2017

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

SweaterGear posted:

I think Conquest Avatar's biggest problem is that they seem to have no memory of the previous chapters. They doesn't understand why Takumi is angry despite the fact that every time he has shown up he has shouted his reasons. They also never remember the bad things Garon has done outside of what is happening right now. It's frustrating to see that the player character's only constant trait is complete stupidity.

Ah, the good ol' Ash Ketchum brand of memory loss. Gotta learn the same lessons as before because thinking up new and interesting morales to present is hard :v:

Alternatively, the handheld game problem where devs expect players to put down a game at certain points and thus rehash the plot a lot in case the player needs a reminder. Only in Conquest, that point is apparently after every single battle :v:

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

Heaven Spacey posted:

Oh gently caress yes it's my boy Benny :neckbeard:

I paired him up with Beruka in my first Conquest playthrough and they carried so hard. I think Benny had something like ~55 defense when paired up by the end of the game.

Yea, these two pair very well together. Beruka can get Benny to the frontlines, and if one gets injured, you switch to the other and the wall holds for another few turns.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I married Charlotte to Xander and made her queen bitch of Nohr in my Conquest run. It just works so well.

As for the plot... It would work so much better if we saw either more of Garon being less comic book evil and being an actual human being or more of him being a ruthless tyrant who none of the siblings will cross. The reason Corrine coming back being to spare her siblings from whatever Garon would do to them with her branded as a traitor. It'd make so much sense that they have to work around him and put up with poo poo like Hans and Iago for fear of what Garon would do if he finds out.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So what I'm hearing is, I need to emergency train up Charlotte to fill my ranks in my current Conquest run.

I am NOT starting over because I do not want to deal with Chapter 9 again.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Don't worry guys, now that Corrine has seen how big the problem truly is, she can address the problem and change the kingdom from within! :buddy:

Just like how the game was advertised! :shepface:

Right? :negative:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mini-Update

I upgraded the shop, and for good reason because the level 2 shop weapons are incredibly powerful.

The first buyable Silver Sword, which is trash. However, there's an Armorslayer that'll be tremendous for Selena to destroy knights. Wyrmslayer, less so because any dragon weakness is basically a flier for 99% of the game.

Levin Sword-C rank, 11 might, 80 hit, -20 avoid, 1-2 range, can't cause crits or special abilities

This is actually one of Corrine's best weapons outside of the Yato, because she does a ton of damage even with a -Mag bane and having as many durable mages as possible is a good thing.

Killing Edge is Killing Edge, with crits dealing x4 damage so...Selena will love that. I mean, who else is going to use swords?

Spear-B rank, 12 might, 65 hit, -10 avoid, 2 range, Cannot make follow up attacks, enemy’s follow up attack speed +5

Spear is just a super beefy bow for lance users, with a slight advantage in being able to activate abilities. Good, but not worth 4500.

Beast Killer will be great since most mounted units count as beasts, so most anyone can reliably one-shot Sky Knights. Killer Lance is just what it is.

Tomohawk is the same as the spear, Hammer is great because I have a ton of axe users and my main weakness were knights in the last mission. Bolt Axe is decent for Camilla, and Killer Axe is probably Charlotte's favorite weapon.

Kris Knife-C rank, 3 might, 80 hit, Effective against monsters, recover HP each turn, -3 DEF/RES, debuffs -3 MAG, -4 DEF/RES

It's okay, super niche against certain things, but the reduced defense is really bad for units that have a hard enough time surviving counter-hits.

Hunter’s Knife-D rank, 7 might, 95 hit, Effective against horse/beast units, Might and Hit rate reduced otherwise, debuffs -2 LCK, -3 DEF/RES

This is one of the best weapons for Conquest. Any ninja can basically one-shot any beast unit in the game. Pesky Paladins and Sky Knights just melt, especially since the Hunter's Knife is one of the strongest daggers in general.

Mini Bow-D rank, 7 might, 75 hit, -10 avoid, 1 range

Uh...it exists? This weapon serves more to be annoying for the player than actually be good for using. There might be some advantage to using it if it was stronger, but it's barely better than a bronze bow.

Killer Bow and Blessed Bow are the same as the other weapon versions.

Shining Bow-C rank, 13 might, 70 hit, -20 avoid, 1-2 range, cannot trigger crits or abilities

Now THIS is what I call a bow worth buying. Niles has a decent enough magic stat to use this, and it's the only buyable 1-2 range bow for the player. It gives Niles the ability to pierce through weak resistance, and damage variety is a good thing.

Ragnarok is a silver weapon, which you know by now are garbage.

Lightning-C rank, 5 might, 75 hit, 2 consecutive attacks when user initiates battle; after battle, -2 MAG/SKIL

This is the first "Brave" weapon, even though it's not really. And it has the same stupid Silver debuff drawback, but it's somewhat worth it to kill something really badly since you get potentially four attacks out of it.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The shining bow is a positively absurd weapon if you set up a character specifically to use it (which is strangely not as hard as it sounds).

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
Camilla makes excellent use of that Bolt Axe if you end up not using Odin. You don't have many other options for magic users and magic growth isn't an issue for them. Camilla with a few spirit dusts quickly becomes a monster.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm intrigued for reasons the game probably didn't want me to be.

Also thanks for the spoiler.

Hey, it's one of the 30 neutral kingdoms between Hoshido and Nohr again.

Yes, silly Sister. Father wishes to meet with us here in Cyrkensia. It's his favorite town in all of Nestra.
But isn't it dangerous for Father to travel to a place like this?
It's fine. Father comes here often, and nothing bad has ever happened. Nestra is neutral territory, so you need not fear unless you try to start a fight.
Oh, I see. So we should all be safe here. That's a relief.

What? No. She specifically said "Unless someone wants to start a fight." Who do you think wants to start a fi-oh forget it.

This territory may be neutral, but there might be unruly Hoshidans about.
Leo!!
Long time no see, Sister.
I'm so happy to see you! Did you finish Father's mission already?
For the most part. All that's left is to guard Father during his time here. After that, I'm free to do as I please. That means I'll be joining you.
Thank you, Leo. I'll feel much better with you on our team.

My mind has been spiraling intro a dark abyss ever since we parted!
It's nice to have you back. While you were doing the king's bidding we couldn't help but wonder what awful trials he was forcing you to endure. We've been terribly worried.
Whoa! This has gotten way too mushy way too fast!! I appreciate your concern, both of you, but give me some breathing room!
Heh, sorry...
As you wish, milord.

I'm expected to be at the theatre well before he arrives. If you'll excuse me...
The theatre? What theatre?
Ah, that's right. This is your first time in the fair town of Cyrkensia. This place is known for its incredible singers and dancers. They always put on a big performance whenever Father comes to visit.
That's interesting... Sounds exciting.
If you're free, you should take the time to watch. It's sure to be breathtaking. Even warriors need to rest now and then. Just don't get carried away.
Anyway, I really must be going. I'll catch up with you later!
Bye, Leo!

*Leo leaves*

It's so hard to put up a front when I'm still reeling from the tragedy in Cheve. As fun as it sounds, I'm in no mood for a show right now.

asdfasdfasdf

I'll ask him about it whenever I get the chance. I need to know. And if he did give the order, maybe I can convince him there's a better way.

*Time passes*

Corrine! Over here!
There you are, Leo! I'm glad I finally found you. I've never seen such a huge crowd.
It's something else, isn't it? You're just in time. Father arrived moments ago.
Father... Corrine is here.
Father...

I am told you eradicated the rebels, as well as the unarmed townspeople.
Father, let me explain...
You did well, Corrine.
Huh?!

Rebellions are like seeds. One must salt the earth before they sprout. I knew you'd eventually come around and learn to accept my method of ruling. I'm told you even enjoyed watching the life spark fade from the injured rebel soldiers.

GARON IS EVIL, a thing anyone but Corrine would get by now. Also, why the gently caress is Hans a total bro and covering for her???

But, Father... That's not true! Why would Hans say that?! I need to talk to you about what happened in Cheve. If you'll please allow me to–
Lady Corrine, the performance is about to begin. Please take your seat.
But–
Such an important show cannot be delayed for one person, even a princess. You can discuss your newfound Nohrian pride with King Garon later.

Yes, Leo... Something awful. But I suppose I'll have to discuss it with Father later.
Yes I'm afraid so. We can't keep the performers waiting. Your seat is right over there. Please hurry–it's about to begin.
OK, I'm going. I'll fill you in later, Leo.

She would love to see this... I hope she found a seat elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n5TRJ4eljw

Oh hey Azura. Where did you get those clothes.

Wait, I've seen this before

Yeah, now I remember

My king! What's wrong?! King Garon!! Soldiers! Capture that performer! Do it NOW! Her song may have been a curse of some kind...

Corrine! Hurry, we need to catch that singer!
Huh?! The stage... It's empty.
Did she get away?! Well, she couldn't have gotten far. Let's hurry!
Right!

Oh man, what a total surprise if I somehow forgot the ability to read for a moment!

Hoshidan soldiers?!
Back away if you wish to live. This war ends now... And the way to peace begins with the Nohrian king's death.
You intend to buy peace with death? That's madness!

Well, actually....

So the Hoshidans are responsible for that singer's curse. I should have known.
Singer? Curse? What are you rambling on about?
Don't play dumb. One of your underlings performed a cursed song to hurt our father!
I have no idea what you're referring to, nor do I care. Leave it to a filthy Nohrian to fabricate a story to try and distract us.
You're a liar and a coward! I won't let you get away with this!

*Azura returns*

Nothing much. How have you been doing???

Azura! Where have you been?
Sorry I'm late. I wasn't feeling well, so I went outside to get some air.
Why are there Hoshidan soldiers here?
They've come to kill father. They used some strange song to incapacitate him. Oh! While you were outside, did you see a strange woman fleeing the opera house?
...No. I did not.

Troops! Prepare to attack!
Dammit... We have no choice. We'll have to fight them off!
Let's do this.

Here's the opera house again, which is much tougher this time around because Conquest and skill debuffs and Entrappers, etc.

This is the last chance for Peri. She is level 10 while the rest of the party, even Kaze and Jakob, are 13+.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12882894

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The only complaint I have about Azura's dance sequence in Conquest is that I am bummed that the outfit she wears isn't available to her for this route. I kind of would have liked if she switched to it for Conquest, even if it was just for thematic reasons. It's a nice outfit that sadly only appears in Cutscene Land.

That said, Jesus loving Naga in a handbasket, Corrine. Why are you denser than a collapsing black hole? :ughh:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Never got aroud to playing Conquest, so all I can say is... :cripes:

And I'm certain that we still haven't hit peak stupid yet.

PassingPie
Aug 18, 2013
Was that the same song she was always singing in Birthright?

Black dress aside, I can't believe they didn't immediately recognize her. Or at least her voice.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Never got aroud to playing Conquest, so all I can say is... :cripes:

And I'm certain that we still haven't hit peak stupid yet.

Eh, I'd say this was arguably peak stupid. There's a lot more stupid, and competitive stupid, but it doesn't get much past "Superman! Have you seen Clark Kent? He was wearing contacts and a cape for some reason."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's defensible. We don't know how far away they are from the stage, blue-hair isn't exactly uncommon considering Peri has a slightly darker shade, and her dancing gear is different enough.

I don't like the dancer scene because it hides the actual problem that it's been 8 chapters and Corrine still thinks Garon is not evil or even slightly monstrous. Her response to Hans saying Garon ordered the massacre was "Naaaah, daddy wouldn't do that"

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

PassingPie posted:

Was that the same song she was always singing in Birthright?

Yes, but a different verse than the one in Birthright.

Also,

Tae posted:

...No. I did not.

I like to think that even Azura is incredulous about Corrine not recognizing her here.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Eh, they kind of handwaved it in Birthright as magically disguising her or something, so I suppose you could justify that at least as Azura somehow managing to do so on her own, with it blatantly being her in the cutscene simply for player reference.

THIS on the other hand...

Tae posted:

asdfasdfasdf

:downsgun:

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
...Okay, who lobotomized the Avatar? Serious question, because that's the only vaguely acceptable excuse I can think of for THIS brand of stupidity.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

You want to change the empire and realize that Garon is an evil bad guy? Work with the drat ninjas and kill his rear end!

I don't think it's a spoiler to say the actual plan is super loving dumb.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

BlazeEmblem posted:

I like to think that even Azura is incredulous about Corrine not recognizing her here.

I don't see why. She's been with Corrine all this time, after all.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
This seems like a situation where they made the cutscenes early on and the (inevitable) rewriting process had to try and work around it. It still barely functions if we assume the Azura-vision is just a conceit for the audience, but you'd only know that if you played Birthright where they actually mention the disguise. And it still makes a lot more sense in Birthright because we/Corrin know it's Azura the entire time rather than being very poorly fooled.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Voting will end within an hour or so. Oh my god, you're taking my dancer away from me again

But I like you as a person too. 'Cause you kill loads of people!

edit: Voting is done. That one person really wanted Camilla gone. So much for Arthur love.

There are groups that hate Benny, Peri, and Beruka at various points.

Tae fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tae posted:

But I like you as a person too. 'Cause you kill loads of people!
And here is perhaps one of the best supports in the game. Inigo recognizes that Peri has experienced a childhood trauma much like he did, except Peri didn't have the same kind of emotional support he did. I mean, Peri's dad just let her go off and kill people even if they mildly upset her, and never once tried to reign in his obviously traumatized daughter. So, Inigo actually confronts the issue and tries to do something about it, like a reasonable person would do. He actually does the job Peri's father should have done all those years ago and be the support she needed. And at the same time, it lets Inigo show that he has grown since Awakening and matured as a person.

If anything, this support reinforces at least one consistent element about the world of Fates: parents are extraordinarily horrible at their job of being parents.

• Locked thread