Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
There's no way they win this series if Crosby doesn't come back unless Holtby utterly collapses. Their shot was the OT last night, and it didn't work out. My hot take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

ThinkTank posted:

That plus the "well I lived through the dark days" comments when those dark days consisted of four seasons out of the playoffs between two stretches of 10+ consecutive years in the playoffs and multiple cups on a team led by a generational superstar.

Hawks fans don't get to talk about dark times for at least 20 years imo. Should work like that for the Pens too

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

The Little Kielbasa posted:

There's no way they win this series if Crosby doesn't come back unless Holtby utterly collapses. Their shot was the OT last night, and it didn't work out. My hot take.

Haha bullshit. It's the Caps vs. the Penguins in the playoffs and the Penguins have a 2-1 lead. They are probably the favorites or at worst a very slight underdog.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah even if Crosby is out, Pittsburgh still has a lot of weapons up front. I wouldn't count them out by any stretch

E: and yeah it sucks to lose a guy like Crosby but let's not pretend he's their entire offense.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Pens still have a good shot at advancing with or without him. That's more because of home ice than anything I think. The Caps still need to win another game in Pittsburgh where the Pens are very good. I have a hard time believing the Pens will lose three times on home ice. At the absolute worst this is going 7 games, and if the Pens take care of home ice obviously they'd still win in 6.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Deep within the hidden bowels of PPG Paints Arena, Lemieux is seated in the corner of a room illuminated only by a dangling, bare bulb. He nods and the grim procedure begins. The two broken bodies are reformed as one, a veritable hockey voltron. The skill, the intensity, the flow. The beast shall be unmatched. He lets out a mad cackle as he prepares to introduce the world to:
Sidtopher Crosbang.

The man, nay, the creature rises as beckoned. Steps once, twice, and then stumbles over a misplaced stick.

"Lower body injury," Sullivan sighs. "No updates at this time."

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Crosby is literally their best forward and defenseman right now. By his grace alone could the pens eke out wins while the entire pens D corps decided to revert back into pumpkins

I think the series odds just became a lot more even, whereas before the Crosby injury there was probably a <10% chance the caps could come back from 2-0. I think it's about equally likely that the pens go 2 for 4 or the caps go 3 for 4 now

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Deep within the hidden bowels of PPG Paints Arena, Lemieux is seated in the corner of a room illuminated only by a dangling, bare bulb. He nods and the grim procedure begins. The two broken bodies are reformed as one, a veritable hockey voltron. The skill, the intensity, the flow. The beast shall be unmatched. He lets out a mad cackle as he prepares to introduce the world to:
Sidtopher Crosbang.

The man, nay, the creature rises as beckoned. Steps once, twice, and then stumbles over a misplaced stick.

"Lower body injury," Sullivan sighs. "No updates at this time."

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Playoffs are the most fun when both teams have a seed of doubt in the back of their head.

At least, when it's not my team. Without a horse in the race it's easier to admire the tension.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the eastern conference final is going to blow compared to this series

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
That Rossi article is fantastic once you realize it's a credentialed sports journalist being paid to write stuff like

quote:

“Ovechkin, who can’t beat Crosby on the ice, decided to remove him from it,”

and not just a 14 year old Pens fan writing an emotional post-game facebook post.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Sports journalism is a loving joke. Bring on more blogs focused on how cute foreign players are (I'm looking at you-weird instagram accounts obssessed with Panarin). At least they're upfront about everything.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Oh man, so, is Glass gonna take out Pageau this game? Has the rags lineup been announced?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

alright which one of you is this

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

That pretty much has to be the SinBin guy right

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/TSN1200/status/859442290158444544

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Boucher swooning whenever he speaks about Karlsson is one of the only likeable things about him, it's adorable :3:

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/davelozo/status/859434745817702403

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Hahahahaha

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

[Ovechkin's eyes strain toward Brooks Orpik]

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Not that anyone suspected AV would do otherwise, but Glass was spotted in the team meeting, and Buchnevich was part of the morning skate for the extras today.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

The Dirty Burger posted:

Boucher swooning whenever he speaks about Karlsson is one of the only likeable things about him, it's adorable :3:

To be fair, I swoon too.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Tom Gilutti posted:

Crosby was at Pens practice facility today. Fleury said he "seems good. He was very encouraging towards us."

Good Sid *pats him gently on the head* good boy. Alright Sid time to say bye bye. Say bye bye Sid. Night night time.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Still more believable than the Trump Piss Dossier.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I refuse to believe Ovi speaks anything but guttural snarls. Or Russian. Basically the same thing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sash! posted:

I refuse to believe Ovi speaks anything but guttural snarls. Or Russian. Basically the same thing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpw-dJinzK0

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Crosby out Game 4 with a concussion per Sullivan. Man I hope his career isn't in jeopardy.

Edit: Sheary is also concussed.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Sid has a concussion? gently caress that sucks. I'm no Pens fan but that cannot be good after his history.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Sheary has a concussion too

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Sash! posted:

He speaks exactly like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpw-dJinzK0

SONUVA

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

SUVS

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

I now have nothing but hate for the Washington Capitals. I don't think this puts the Pens out of it but I couldn't imagine that there's any reason either/both of them come back at all even if the Pens get past this series.

Also the Pens called up a bunch of WBS players and you know they're going to put Tom Sestito in there on Wednesday which will only compound the dumb.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Sid has the brain scrambles and is out for game 4.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/?sn-article=sidney-crosby-diagnosed-concussion-will-miss-game-4

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Caps will still lose.
Water still wet

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Time for a thread title change.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Slotducks posted:

Caps will still lose.
Water still wet

Yeah but maybe in 7 games now. Thus completing the pattern set in place by the gods long ago.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I was on the plane coming home last night right when it landed someone said "The Caps are up 2-0 with 3 mins left" and I thought oh good there will still be a series. Then I saw this morning it went to overtime. What the christ. Thank god I missed that. But come on Caps please win game 2. It would be so amazing if the caps came back from 2-0! The perfect way to finally beat Pittsburgh!

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Capitals aren't beating Pittsburgh.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Abner Assington posted:

That's not what people told me before the series. They win game 4 and it's anyone's series. I've seen the Caps blow 2-0 series leads many times so it's very possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Abner Assington posted:

Maybe not pittsburgh, but what about Wilkes-barre/Scranton.

They're 1/10th of the way there.

• Locked thread