Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I just got one of these. Will they release a "joycon" with a real d-pad? What was the reason for this weird button setup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

African AIDS cum posted:

I just got one of these. Will they release a "joycon" with a real d-pad? What was the reason for this weird button setup

It's designed that way so if you hold the left joycon sideways it'll behave like a proper controller. If you want a real d-pad get a pro controller.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Question for the people that like Zelda's VO - are you English? I'm not but I live in the Uk and it sounds insanely fake and bad. Curious to see if it's different for people who are less used to British accents.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

So for whatever reason, ACA NeoGeo Blazing Star was released on the eShop for Switch today in both North America and PAL regions.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's designed that way so if you hold the left joycon sideways it'll behave like a proper controller. If you want a real d-pad get a pro controller.

Is the pro controller d-pad good like an NES d-pad?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

well why not posted:

Question for the people that like Zelda's VO - are you English? I'm not but I live in the Uk and it sounds insanely fake and bad. Curious to see if it's different for people who are less used to British accents.

I'm American. It doesn't sound like a good British accent but the game also doesn't take place in Britain so I just accept it as a Fantasy land accent. I think her actual delivery and emoting is pretty solid, after the intro "open your eyes" stuff which isn't great.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I wasn't sold on Zelda until the frog memory, that was fantastic and I wish there was a little more of that in the game.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

BotW needs like 8 more dungeons

And 2 new continents

Then and only then will I be satisfied

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Not a Children posted:

BotW needs like 8 more dungeons

And 2 new continents

Then and only then will I be satisfied

The dungeons are really good, I love how tight and well designed they are with puzzles that are interconnected or built on top of the core gimmick. It makes me wish there are more of them. Or that there were fewer but longer shrines with a chance to really breathe. So many of the shrines teach you a basic concept and then end right when it seems like they should be introducing the actual puzzles.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think Kamiko would be really awesome with co-op.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Hyrule Castle has been my favorite dungeon so far, but it's the least traditional Zelda-y dungeon and more like something you'd find in a Western RPG

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Another good thing about Mario Kart 8 is that nearly every returning track was remixed to include the new systems in the game, even Baby Park is in anti-grav so you get boosts for running into people

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Tender Bender posted:

The dungeons are really good, I love how tight and well designed they are with puzzles that are interconnected or built on top of the core gimmick. It makes me wish there are more of them. Or that there were fewer but longer shrines with a chance to really breathe. So many of the shrines teach you a basic concept and then end right when it seems like they should be introducing the actual puzzles.

Now that I've beat the game, I've unlocked like 20 shrines that I am just going to try to tackle all in a row. Maybe it will feel like a large dungeon

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

African AIDS cum posted:

It's much better than an NES one imo. Get a pro controller.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Astro7x posted:

Now that I've beat the game, I've unlocked like 20 shrines that I am just going to try to tackle all in a row. Maybe it will feel like a large dungeon

most shrines that you "unlock" through a quest are just the "blessing" shrines with no puzzle. the quest is the puzzle

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hyrule Castle is the only good dungeon in BotW

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

African AIDS cum posted:

Its the best d-pad you're getting regardless, but yeah its good

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

it's actually mushy and sucks

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Sea Sponge Run posted:

it's actually mushy comfortable and sucks responsive

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

what's it like to have never used a good controller in your life

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So... Tumbleseed is... good??!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Sea Sponge Run posted:

it's actually mushy and sucks

:wrong: The battery lasts nearly forever, too. Gave mine a full charge last Wednesday, still haven't needed to re-charge, and that's with marathon sessions of Zelda and Blaster Master since.

Sad trombone for me as I get Mario Kart today and will immediately go online to experience death by shells from a bunch of seven year olds in a Lakitu gang.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 2, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Feenix posted:

So... Tumbleseed is... good??!

I'm guessing there was a review embargo because I kept looking all morning for written impressions and there was nothing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dugong posted:

Anime is bad

*leans into mic*

WRONG

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

The d pad feels okay but is actually pretty imprecise, tried using it for Tetris and so many accidental hard drops

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My pro controller has died twice since release date and I've maybe used it a total of four hours. What's with good battery poo poo lol

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It really likes to read the sides as up every once in awhile, I had the same problem in Zelda. Gonna call it in.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah the joycon is better for Tetris.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Bad Parenting posted:

The d pad feels okay but is actually pretty imprecise, tried using it for Tetris and so many accidental hard drops

Yeah it looks like a lovely D-pad

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Empress Brosephine posted:

My pro controller has died twice since release date and I've maybe used it a total of four hours. What's with good battery poo poo lol

Sounds like you might be leaving it on. If you put the console to sleep sometimes the light on the pro controller stays on, press the button at the top to turn it off.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Sea Sponge Run posted:

what's it like to have never used a good controller in your life

I've spent the past 15 years playing Tetris Attack on the mushy-rear end worn out SNES pad that came with my console in 1994

I've also played through Fallout 4 using a PS4 controller

I'd rather have played it on the SNES pad

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

pixaal posted:

Sounds like you might be leaving it on. If you put the console to sleep sometimes the light on the pro controller stays on, press the button at the top to turn it off.

This is a thing that happens?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

You're leaving the controller on. Every post you make is dumb as gently caress.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dr Cheeto posted:

This is a thing that happens?

I've noticed it on after putting putting the console into sleep mode using another controller so yes.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I've been putting my console to sleep just flipping the television off and everything seems to just turn itself off that way.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pixaal posted:

Wow that is probably it I had no idea. Thanks. Disappointing it doesn't auto shut off

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Pro controller feels pretty good, but the dpad is sketchy. I've pulled up the rune menu instead of the weapons menu a ton of times in Zelda. It sucks. The battery is good though. I've logged 60 hours in Zelda and only had to charge it twice. It's not as good as the Wii U pro controller, and I really wish they had analog triggers but it's pretty good.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Why do you all keep responding to Empress as if anything they say is worth responding to? Just have to touch the stove to make sure it's hot huh?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Not a Children posted:

I've spent the past 15 years playing Tetris Attack on the mushy-rear end worn out SNES pad that came with my console in 1994

I've also played through Fallout 4 using a PS4 controller

I'd rather have played it on the SNES pad

I had an SNES controller plugged in my PC with an adapter for many years and the Pro Controller is what finally got me to unplug it and use something newer. It's a good controller that I like a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Trying charging it or not playing for 40 hours in a sitting numbnuts

• Locked thread