Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Her hair has been dark blue for a while now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

The Shortest Path posted:

Turnrate is a dumb thing that doesn't exist. This game ain't dota, it ain't balanced like dota, the similarities between the two games end at "lanes with minions in them that you kill for money"

uh what are you arguing against, i never said turnrate exists in league in fact i said that it has zero turnrate. i'm really confused

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
like why would you even bring dota into this. who mentioned dota. why are you being so mean to me.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Aumanor posted:

This tooltip suggests that you only have four minutes to summon the herald, after which the item disappears along with the empowered recall.

Ah, not super busted then. It's at least cool you have a very limited time to deploy it.

Pulsefire Cait looks neat, I'm sure her gun will make an exceedingly stupid noise like the predator and weird lunar skins though.

PS Yasuo isn't that big of a deal, please stop being babies about him, melee carries are cool and there should be more of them than just like him, maybe Yi and Tryndamere and arguably Riven

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
anyway warwick is really cool and fun and i'm glad to play him. i really like his rework definitely more than any other rework since sion. i dont really play sion anymore but his rework owned.

his ganks are pretty good even pre six and after six well boy oh boy he is really good. if they don't flash the fear they get eaten, if you come up behind them its like whoa! whats this big wolf bat thing doing behind me! and then bam they're dead. its super weird to me to not finish a jungle item right away, but tiamat into tank then finish hydra, cynderhulk, etc seems like its a really good build path. is bork still good on him after youre tanky enough?

there was this cool part where i knew the other team was baiting baron so I hit E, ran into the banana bush with my team behind me, and got dog piled by all five members. i died but it took a good ten seconds or so during which twitch was shooting green stuff all over the other team and we won and got baron and turned the game around. E is a really really good skill and i like it a lot. after trying both W max and 3 points in W, max Q, max E, max W i like the latter better. i think that was saffron's order? sorry servaetes.

did yall know his Q does percentage health damage?? i didnt until last game. it is really good to max by midgame because of that i think. i still cant get it to follow up reliably, not sure what i'm doing wrong, i usually click it when i'm out of range and then hold it when i get near and it still doesn't follow them sometimes.

can you play warwick top? i wonder how his matchups there go. maybe i will try it out in flex queue and report back. thanks for reading my post, gowby out.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Elentor posted:

I dislike turnrate with a passion.

Yeah everyone does that's why League is better than a lot of MOBAs

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

I guess they decided if they were gonna put it in a pokeball it needed to be more like a pokemon

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
that aint look like no pokemoon i never heard of

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Darth Windu posted:

after trying both W max and 3 points in W, max Q, max E, max W i like the latter better. i think that was saffron's order? sorry servaetes.

can you play warwick top? i wonder how his matchups there go. maybe i will try it out in flex queue and report back. thanks for reading my post, gowby out.

It's cool, I tried Q maxing over the weekend and it's good. Really all three of his base abilities are incredibly strong and I bet one of the three is gonna get hit, probably the percentage damage reduction on E.

Hashishin, the ur-toplane autist plays toplane WW, so you might wanna look at his profile

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Servaetes posted:

It's cool, I tried Q maxing over the weekend and it's good. Really all three of his base abilities are incredibly strong and I bet one of the three is gonna get hit, probably the percentage damage reduction on E.

Hashishin, the ur-toplane autist plays toplane WW, so you might wanna look at his profile

I hope they don't nerf him! Is his winrate or use in competitive unusually high? He seems well balanced to me. Yeah I'll check out hashinshin, top lane ww appeals to me

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

OP.gg has a 52% winrate. He's extremely easy to play, Q is a very generous health return, the drag through Q component makes him immune to displacements. W has the highest movespeed steroid in the game and E has a flat 50% damage reduction which is like on par with Alistar ult on a much lower cooldown. He's extremely strong, and I feel like he will get hit up eventually.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

having 0 turnrate feels a hell of a lot nicer but it's also right that it makes kiting more influential and increases the effectiveness gap between ranged and melee carries

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
I feel like Warwick gets too much health back when he's low. I've had games where I've caught him out at extremely low health and he manages to outheal my damage and turn the fight.

Other than that I think he's a solid rework.

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:
Wait am I reading the patch notes wrong or does the new Banshee's Veil lose the 10% cdr from the codex it builds out of?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Warwick is a strong champ that will never be nerfed because nothing he's good at matters that much.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Work Friend Keven posted:

Warwick is a strong champ that will never be nerfed because nothing he's good at matters that much.

Much like you keven!!!!!!

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

cerious posted:

Wait am I reading the patch notes wrong or does the new Banshee's Veil lose the 10% cdr from the codex it builds out of?

Banshee's Veil and Abyssal Scepter swapped passives and item builds so now Abyssal is a tank item with 10% magic damage and Banshee's is a AP item with a spell shield

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Darth Windu posted:

Much like you keven!!!!!!

Wow insane.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Well pro play and ARAM he probably won't matter much, but he's strong in solo queue and snowballs pretty hard. At worst he probably takes a lot of kills like old Darius but unlike Darius he's actually useful when super fed

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
WW with a triforce gets so much healing from his Q

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Shortest Path posted:

Turnrate is a dumb thing that doesn't exist. This game ain't dota, it ain't balanced like dota, the similarities between the two games end at "lanes with minions in them that you kill for money"

Riot has said having 0 turnrate is the reason yas has to be able to dash 100 times in a row, if turnrates would have kept yas out of the game it is undeniable good.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

cerious posted:

Patch notes had a mistake.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Quick Nami tip: in pro play, Braum is thought of as a counter-pick, because his shield eats your R. But you can take advantage of his shield in a different way. It only "eats" the first thing that hits him, anything else that would go through hits Braum instead... so you can take advantage of this with a bubble that's guaranteed to land. All you have to do is throw it through Braum's shield and it automatically suspends him and his allies.

Here's an example

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
ARAM would be a lot more fun if I would stop getting garbage champs for it every game.

Four games in a row: Udyr, Jax, Udyr, Singed. The fifth game I got Sona, and someone else dodged and I ended up with Morde the next game :shepface:

Singed at least can do something without exploding, but man Udyr is just completely worthless in ARAM.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol just lol if you play aram on a non-dedicated account that only owns champs like lux, ziggs, velkoz, etc.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I love playing udyr on aram start WW E take courage and build straight tank.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I still think ARAM should unlock all champs. None of this ARAM account bullshit.

I went full tank, but we were against Ashe/Brand/Tahm/Janna/Thresh, so I accomplished literally nothing the entire game lol

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
You know what, since Disco Heat stopped doing nothing but League of Children vids, his daily videos have been super chill and full of common sense advice for newer people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdk-fYbhOlk

Actually a really good watch.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Addamere posted:

[Teemo's team goes on to lose because the Teemo never actually left top lane ever.]

actually that is not that bad for a team if your teemo knows what he is doing. if your teemo never leaves top lane but consistently is pulling anywhere between 1-3 people to his lane to deal with him and stop him from freely shoving inhibs in -- and getting at least 1 kill when he gets jumped -- then you are fighting anywhere between equal terms and a 2 man advantage. if your teemo is not pulling anyone top, but is getting towers, your teemo is solo winning the game.

Mystery Prize posted:

I still think ARAM should unlock all champs. None of this ARAM account bullshit.

I went full tank, but we were against Ashe/Brand/Tahm/Janna/Thresh, so I accomplished literally nothing the entire game lol

i agree if only to make the people who have spent months cultivating aram only accounts to tryhard in the fun minigame mode you play with friends to laugh off a bad game will bitch about it constantly because those guys are the worst people in league of legends

Kokoro Wish posted:

You know what, since Disco Heat stopped doing nothing but League of Children vids, his daily videos have been super chill and full of common sense advice for newer people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdk-fYbhOlk

Actually a really good watch.

disco heat imo has consistently put out the best league of legends content out of all of the league of legends video makers and now that he is doing daily videos of a similar quality it is really good. i also liked professor milk but his humour pandered too much towards reddit guys so it stopped being good to me

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Discoheat once post a videl of someone being killed over vidya on his channel and I get his point but jesus christ

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

To me the on;y person putting out high quality, top quality, league of legends game content on a regular basis is the NUMBER ONE adc in the entire world... the legend... I'm talking about of course you know him , I'm a Cutie Pie, Omectapie. WELCOME. TO beyond the rift. Now let me give a little SHOUT OUT to discord.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Sejuani is going to be busted as hell with her passive. She's basically becoming a much better version of Malphite.

Take her top lane if you want a free win.

edit: lol she can do 30% of a champ's HP at level 2 if you hit both parts of E and W

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 03:53 on May 3, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rieGEQ3XNjQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMv2KEM4Wik

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 3, 2017

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016
Throwing myself at the mercy of the Internet Court, because why not.

After not playing for a very long time, I decided to start a new account and give jungling a whirl, because the last time I ever seriously tried Cloth Armor + 5 pots was the default start for every jungler and that poo poo was AIDS. I'm running SaffronKit's build path for Warwick and can rack up a body count if things go well, but I feel like I'm so used to the lane tunnel vision mentality (exacerbated by playing Yorick up to summoner level 10, who wants to stay in lane and farm/bully rather than roam) that I'm not really making good use of a role that needs to be going all over the map, knowing when to go for dragons or ganks instead of just farming, invades, etc. Are there any tips to get into the mentality, or is this just a case of me needing to slam my face into the role until I realize that I don't need to give my entire undivided attention to autoing the Krug?

Dueling Bandsaws fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 3, 2017

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Dueling Bandsaws posted:

Throwing myself at the mercy of the Internet Court, because why not.

After not playing for a very long time, I decided to start a new account and give jungling a whirl, because the last time I ever seriously tried Cloth Armor + 5 pots was the default start for every jungler and that poo poo was AIDS. I'm running SaffronKit's build path for Warwick and can rack up a body count if things go well, but I feel like I'm so used to the lane tunnel vision mentality (exacerbated by playing Yorick up to summoner level 10, who wants to stay in lane and farm/bully rather than roam) that I'm not really making good use of a role that needs to be going all over the map, knowing when to go for dragons or ganks instead of just farming, invades, etc. Are there any tips to get into the mentality, or is this just a case of me needing to slam my face into the role until I realize that I don't need to give my entire undivided attention to autoing the Krug?

You have to have a mind for it I think. Like flick to your minimap, recognize what objective/gank opportunities are available and then go for them as needed. A lot of it is game knowledge you pick up from playing so just do that for a while. Work first on figuring out when to gank (which lanes are pushed up, which lane is likely to be ganked most immediately) and then once you nail that transition into ganking into taking objectives, or ganking with the objective being the primary reward of the gank.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Jungling is the role that depends the most around game knowledge and decision-making, so you basically just have to commit yourself to understanding how different lanes are supposed to go and different power spikes so you know where to be at what time. Probably the most helpful thing is to watch streams of good junglers, but don't just casually watch it for entertainment; at all times ask yourself, "where would I go right now?" and see if they Actually Good Player agrees with you.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If someone calls for a gank, you should probably go for it, otherwise they'll tilt off the face of the earth.

Mercilessly camp bot lane if possible, there's 2 kills there instead of 1 like in the other lanes.

Ward their raptors constantly.

Don't go for ganks top lane after 6 minutes if you don't know where their jungler is unless your mid and bot are pushing hard and/or have dragon vision, doubly so if they have a champion that can easily solo dragon (Kha, Shaco, Graves etc).

If you get a gank off, tax their lane and push it to their tower so that your laner can recall, especially if it's a cannon minion wave.

You might know all this poo poo already, but yeah, you kind of need a mind for it. Jungle was the most important and overpowered role for the first half of this season but it's more balanced around mid and bot/sup now.

edit: Get a sweeper after your first back and use on the river bushes to disable their wards and take the blast cone plants over without them knowing you're there. Most people don't realize their wards are disabled until it's too late.

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 10:14 on May 3, 2017

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Know the opposing jungler and where that champion typically starts, their path, and you can make a rough idea of when they're going to come out and what you can do. Appearing in a lane is a double edged sword, as the enemy jungler now knows where you are and can act accordingly, and vice versa. Simple stuff, but if your having tunnel vision this is good stuff to have a mental checklist in mind. However don't feel like you have to follow a set guideline. Pros break procedure all the time, and on stream you see them either benefit greatly or pay greatly for it. As long as you feel like you made the correct decision then continue to do it (do review it if it goes wrong though).

The Biggest Jerk fucked around with this message at 11:02 on May 3, 2017

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Ignore all that, play new zac and abuse his ult cos hoooly crap that is some bullshit right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

kingcobweb posted:

Jungling is the role that depends the most around game knowledge and decision-making, so you basically just have to commit yourself to understanding how different lanes are supposed to go and different power spikes so you know where to be at what time. Probably the most helpful thing is to watch streams of good junglers, but don't just casually watch it for entertainment; at all times ask yourself, "where would I go right now?" and see if they Actually Good Player agrees with you.

Speaking as someone who has very inconsistent jungle performance, this is super important. I'm not really knowledgeable about power spikes wrt jungling and so I either accidentally hit good spikes and crush or fall behind hopelessly.

• Locked thread