Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How does Kelsey Grammer sound like naturally? I can't imagine the guy who plays Frasier isn't all affected pronunciation and so much ham in his regular life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

he grew up in the west indies, so a bit like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StlMdNcvCJo

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atX0M99CB5Y

His tone sounds basically the same, he just pulls out the ol' Juliard trained Middle Atlantic accent when he plays a narcissist ("but ElGroucho, all actors are narcissists, HAR HAR")

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The most hosed up episode is the one where a series of awkward misunderstandings leads Niles and Frasier to kill and eat Eddie. Then they replace him with a new dog but Martin doesn't even notice.

The dog doesn't even look like eddie

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

one of the eddies was also wishbone, and milo from the mask

that stupid dog made me think jack russel terriers were good dogs to own

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The most hosed up episode is the one where a series of awkward misunderstandings leads Niles and Frasier to kill and eat Eddie. Then they replace him with a new dog but Martin doesn't even notice.

I know. They serve him with mint jelly when everyone knows that disrupts the delicate balance of flavors in terriers. I couldn't sleep the night I saw that episode I was so upset.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

FuhrerHat posted:

one of the eddies was also wishbone, and milo from the mask

that stupid dog made me think jack russel terriers were good dogs to own

Didn't it start a wave of people buying jack russels en mass and then it turns out it's a breed of dog that NEEDS tons of space otherwise they literally jump out of windows to their doggy deaths?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I gotta say, Kelsey Grammer being the main villain of Transformers 4 was a very pleasant surprise

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I mean Michael Bay looked at Kelsey Grammer and said yes, I want Frasier Crane to be the main human villain in the set up for the conclusion of my sprawling multi movie franchise and played it completely straight how great is that

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Calaveron posted:

Didn't it start a wave of people buying jack russels en mass and then it turns out it's a breed of dog that NEEDS tons of space otherwise they literally jump out of windows to their doggy deaths?

Good riddance, they are the worst doggos

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Post from alt.tv.frasier from 1996:

Darlene Crandall

I bought a jack russell and named it Eddie. Then I took a picture of John Mahoney's face I cut out of a magazine and put it over my own face. "Jump, Eddie! Roll over Eddie!" I said from behind the paper. All he did was pee on the floor. So what I'm wondering is, does anyone have any recipes for jack russell ceviche? Thanks in advance!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Today I learned that Eddie was played by the same dog, Moose, from S1-7, and then Moose's own son took over S8-11. Moose died in his sleep at the age of 16 in 2006.

I've found a bunch of articles talking about how they were unbelievably well trained, and one AV club article suggesting the Kelsey Grammer didn't like the dog at first but the cast was very close by the end of S3 and KG even dedicated their Emmy to him.

EDIT: LOLOLOL his trainer got 10K an episode, making Moose's net worth a little over 3 million.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

thats actually really funny they had to credit the dog for their success

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I never understood why dog actors are never named after their main dog character. Like why didn't they name Moose Eddie to make things easier for the trainer/off screen guy signaling instructions? And then I think Moose's dog son's name was like Enzo or something. If you're priming a replacement for your dog actor why not name it after the character

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Calaveron posted:

I never understood why dog actors are never named after their main dog character. Like why didn't they name Moose Eddie to make things easier for the trainer/off screen guy signaling instructions? And then I think Moose's dog son's name was like Enzo or something. If you're priming a replacement for your dog actor why not name it after the character

the cues for the dog arent always the same as what the on camera talent are saying.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

no that was peep show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKaqzvzlgKU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Because they're just actors. Might as well ask why Kelsey Grammer didn't change his name to fraiser

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Also irl fraiser us nothing like hus cgaracter. Grammers married 3 different strippers in his life ( not at the same time)

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

I didn't have the reference in mind when I made the post but I immediately realized it afterwards and I've been thinking about that episode all day.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Also irl fraiser us nothing like hus cgaracter. Grammers married 3 different strippers in his life ( not at the same time)

And mountains of cocaine

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Frasier dated a stripper. And Niles dated a prostitute. And Martin implied he got caught loving a prostitute while he worked vice. The Crane boys have all dipped their sticks in dirty.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
in my fanfic Lilith was a stripper to pay for med school

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Bust Rodd posted:

Today I learned that Eddie was played by the same dog, Moose, from S1-7, and then Moose's own son took over S8-11. Moose died in his sleep at the age of 16 in 2006.

I've found a bunch of articles talking about how they were unbelievably well trained, and one AV club article suggesting the Kelsey Grammer didn't like the dog at first but the cast was very close by the end of S3 and KG even dedicated their Emmy to him.

EDIT: LOLOLOL his trainer got 10K an episode, making Moose's net worth a little over 3 million.

I recall that Moose was a talented dog actor, but his son was a dick.

Fakedit: Moose was the dick:

quote:

Although I’m a faithful fan of the show, I never knew that the casting of Eddie had changed. But Mathilde explains the differences between the two stars. “Both dogs are very smart and train very well, but Enzo was always a lot easier to work with… a lot less challenging. He’s a typical good working dog that wants to please me. And he likes to catch his tail, which is very hard for a Jack Russell to do. Enzo is really a spectacular dog.”

“Moose, on the other hand, was always a problem child, which is why he got to me in the first place. He still is. He has “issues.” It’s in his mind. (He could actually be a candidate for Prozac.) He’s not the average dog. He always seemed to be really unhappy and you can see it in his eyes. It’s him. It’s his personality. I’m not saying he is unhappy. I think he’s pretty happy. He’s got a pretty good life and lots of love. He’s just not the average loving dog you would think. Now don’t get me wrong. Moose has huge charisma and he’s got something that no other dogs do… he has an incredible personality. And it shows. But he’s not as much of a method actor as Enzo is.”

http://www.thepetpress-la.com/eddie.html

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Calaveron posted:

Ilustfordoggydeath

naem
May 29, 2011

Jack Russell's are little self winding murder machines you let loose to terrorize small animals on your post apocalyptic subsistence farm

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

not once is frasiers weird haired boss mentioned in this thread

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The tall dark haired woman with those hideous suits? it was the early 90's and 80's mom hair was in it's death throes

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

FuhrerHat posted:

not once is frasiers weird haired boss mentioned in this thread

She was nightmare fuel

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I love the movie Down Periscope, even if it drags a bit at times. I'd pay a chunk of money to see Down Periscope, In Space

Ein cooler Typ posted:

in my fanfic Lilith was a stripper to pay for med school

??????????????????????

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think I would probably faint if I met Bebe Neuwirth

Lilith is the weird goth in my heart

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Lol of course goons would be obsessed over a show about two waspy gay men living together

Antifa Sarkeesian
Jun 4, 2009

yo les digo que no, que no soy la madre de nadie, pero que, eso si, los conozco a todos, a todos los jóvenes poetas del DF, a los que nacieron aquí y a los que llegaron de provincias, y a los que el oleaje trajo de otros lugares de Latinoamérica, y que los quiero a todos

Today, May 1, HBO has added 15 Minutes, a shlocky 2001 thriller movie about fame and violence that actually was ahead of its time that features old Kelsey Grammer as a scumbag TV news man. Good Lord does he ever chew the scenery like it was so much tossed salad and scrambled eggs.

If you have HBO go watch The Pentagon Wars right now. Definitely my favorite thing kelsey grammer has ever been in. He plays an army general obsessed with his pet project, the bradley fighting vehicle, which he tries to get pushed through congress for the benefit of his own career even though the vehicle is an unsafe piece of poo poo that will apparently burn Are Troops alive the first time it gets hit with a rocket. Cary Elwes plays an Air Force Lt. Col. tasked with making sure nothing is wrong with the project, and since he is a Good Officer Who Cares About the Enlisted Men he realizes that the bradley is a deathtrap and tries to get it cancelled but of course KG's character tries to get him fired. Very entertaining stuff and based loosely on a true story.

Antifa Sarkeesian fucked around with this message at 07:18 on May 3, 2017

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

frasier crane eats worms

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
"I don't eat brains. ...Not human brains, anyway. A nice fresh order of calf's brains in a beurre noir sauce, now that would be... ... ...I don't eat brains."

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Frasier dated a stripper. And Niles dated a prostitute. And Martin implied he got caught loving a prostitute while he worked vice. The Crane boys have all dipped their sticks in dirty.

This is art reflecting life. Likewise, I wouldn't mind seeing a fraiser reboot set a few years down the road, fraiser's lost his show after some questionable public statements and most of his money in an all psychiatry radio channel also martys passed on and Niles has come out. Fraiser could "break bad" (I've never seen the show I hope I'm using that right), wear a dirty singlet, beat people up

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

This is art reflecting life. Likewise, I wouldn't mind seeing a fraiser reboot set a few years down the road, fraiser's lost his show after some questionable public statements and most of his money in an all psychiatry radio channel also martys passed on and Niles has come out. Fraiser could "break bad" (I've never seen the show I hope I'm using that right), wear a dirty singlet, beat people up

Martin's still alive because he's tough as piss and now his constant companion is a fresh new russel terrier and Roz and Bulldog are divorced

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

ElGroucho posted:

I think I would probably faint if I met Bebe Neuwirth

Lilith is the weird goth in my heart

For some reason, I remember an episode of Will & Grace where Jack and Karen met her, and gushed over her, calling her "Lilith!"

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
remember when she raped Riker

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Roz my neg rear end.

Roz my neghole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Antifa Sarkeesian posted:

If you have HBO go watch The Pentagon Wars right now. Definitely my favorite thing kelsey grammer has ever been in. He plays an army general obsessed with his pet project, the bradley fighting vehicle, which he tries to get pushed through congress for the benefit of his own career even though the vehicle is an unsafe piece of poo poo that will apparently burn Are Troops alive the first time it gets hit with a rocket. Cary Elwes plays an Air Force Lt. Col. tasked with making sure nothing is wrong with the project, and since he is a Good Officer Who Cares About the Enlisted Men he realizes that the bradley is a deathtrap and tries to get it cancelled but of course KG's character tries to get him fired. Very entertaining stuff and based loosely on a true story.

Although really Richard Schiff steals the show with the montage of the Bradley's development:

https://youtu.be/aXQ2lO3ieBA