Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRGMAW1wzQ8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Ehud posted:

A pizza place where you make your own pie

why would you make pies at a pizza place

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

We cannot give the people the right to choose any topping they want! Now on this issue there can be no debate!

the Correct Pizza is meat lovers with extra cheese and bbq sauce instead of tomato

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
*lobs a "I like pineapple and ham" grenade into chat.*

*ducks*

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
also:

https://twitter.com/matttomic/status/859117370455060481

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
New England style seafood restaurant someplace where all the seafood is Captain D's tier garbage.

3 kinds of clam chowder and fish and chips for miles, motherfuckers. :getin:

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
This is a meaningless question because my position at the racism factory has a full pension. I might make foreman this year

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
There WILL be a quiz at the end of Chat Semester about 401k's and proper squat technique.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

I love that pop tarts made an appearance on this chart :allears:

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Hopefully no one takes the obvious troll bait posted by The New RG3 a few posts ago

But anyways people who don't eat fish (non allergy reasons) are subhuman

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Strip club.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

The best pizza toppings are the ones you enjoy fam.

Besides Kelvin Benjamin is gonna eat it before you get any anyways

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Family businesses are important. Good on ya

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Probably Magic posted:

There WILL be a quiz at the end of Chat Semester about 401k's and proper squat technique.

Ass2Grass

Also the same in squats

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Let's all do shrooms and post.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Let's all do shrooms and post.

This would indicate we don't already do so

:catdrugs:

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

There are people who argue a sub is not a sandwich?!?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bill Dungsroman posted:

One piece of bread, homie. Sandwich has two (not that I agree)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Those people are subhuman.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

weird Asian candy posted:

I love that pop tarts made an appearance on this chart :allears:

I am very tempted to change my screen name to "Radical Sandwich Anarchy" and make my avatar a poptart

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am very tempted to change my screen name to "Radical Sandwich Anarchy" and make my avatar a poptart

Allez avec Dieu.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

seiferguy posted:

Question prompt: if you were to quit your job and start your own small business, what would it be? Assume you can make a decent living off of it, and that business itself is (semi) realistic.

I'd start a construction company bc you could start it with as little investment as a hammer and a saw, and grow to the size of a multi-national concern within 20 years just by actually putting in the effort to meet deadlines. This is what my father did anyway

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I'd start a construction company bc you could start it with as little investment as a hammer and a saw, and grow to the size of a multi-national concern within 20 years just by actually putting in the effort to meet deadlines. This is what my father did anyway

Good man

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

If you took the additional steps of actually acting like you wanted clients, and actually meeting your cost estimates, you'll be a billionaire.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

that commercial about "honest communication" when the contractor is talking to the homeowner is really funny

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh yeah it would also be a major bonus if you actually understood and could implement building codes.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

really good comedy thread on SA:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3431884
the crappy construction thread

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am becoming increasingly more convinced leper is an experimental ai made out of an algorithm of forum threads

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

the secret sauce is that I post in all the threads anyway

I don't really understand how I've kept this up for this long and still not gotten fired from my real job

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

really good comedy thread on SA:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3431884
the crappy construction thread

crappy goon construction?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

If you took the additional steps of actually acting like you wanted clients, and actually meeting your cost estimates, you'll be a billionaire.

This is 100% true. My dad still says that 99% of people in the trades are there due to not having options, so someone like himself who just fell in love with building things in engineering school had an unfair competitive advantage

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Family businesses are important. Good on ya

My sister was a stripper and all these nasty girls from her work used to hang around our house and do drugs lol

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

groverhaus comes up a lot but on the scale of crappy construction he ranks at like maybe a four out of ten

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

This is 100% true. My dad still says that 99% of people in the trades are there due to not having options, so someone like himself who just fell in love with building things in engineering school had an unfair competitive advantage

It's kind of idiotic. Recently my wife needed to find a contractor to fabricate and install some new ventilation hoods over the kilns at the studio she runs. There were a lot of contractors who failed at incredibly simple things like:
  • Returning a phone call
  • Preparing a written estimate of work
  • Showing up to an on-site meeting to look at what needed to be done

I mean sure you don't expect every HVAC crew or tin knocker to want this specific job, but this is contractors who initially responded to requests but then couldn't manage the most basic attempt at earning the business. And this is before costs were discussed (the job in the end was around $50k, including significant electrical work, so this wasn't a small potatoes job either).

If you don't want the work right now it's still kind of a good idea to not give people reason to leave you really lovely reviews and tell people you're not worth working with, you know?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Ehud posted:

My sister was a stripper and all these nasty girls from her work used to hang around our house and do drugs lol

pics

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm sort of kicking myself a bit for not taking much interest in my dad's renovation projects because 1) it'd probably help when I get my own house someday, and 2) it'd be nice to have a fall back plan should my industry go tits up.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
It's always good to know basic home renovation projects. But there's likely a recession coming in the next year or so, and I'd think that would harm contractors more than whatever you currently do.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

You'd be gobsmacked how far actually answering your goddamned phone goes.

We get customer service surveys and they asked me how I am consistently getting 100s.

They boiled it down to me answering my goddamned phone immediately no matter what I'm doing.

So yeah if you're starting a business always answer your phone even if it's to say you have to give a quick call back because you can't talk.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah. If I want a job done on my house I am going to try to line up at least three estimates. There are like 50 contractors in my area so the three contractors that get to make an estimate are going to be the first three who answer their phone when I try to call them. I will leave a message so if you call me back you get a shot at my business but if you wait a week to call me back then welp gently caress off.

Oh my god, what if there were contractors that answered emails, too? gently caress, that would be like some kind of impossible paradise scenario, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I'm sort of kicking myself a bit for not taking much interest in my dad's renovation projects because 1) it'd probably help when I get my own house someday, and 2) it'd be nice to have a fall back plan should my industry go tits up.

The family business doesn't really do residential work anymore unless it's a grand scale development, but my dad made me apprentice with every trade union that the firm is signatory with ((painters (which encompasses plaster, drywall and tile setting) and carpenters)). I buy houses in blighted neighborhoods around town, and restore them to original condition and sell them without much concern for profit just because I love physically working with tools, as I do not get to do that in my day job now that my parents are retired

There is a lot to be said for the pleasure and satisfaction you get from completing a reno job. I wish there were a German word like fahrvergnugen to describe it

• Locked thread