Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
3rd time's the charm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tallgeese posted:

You may as well have shortened it to this.

Clinton is electoral cyanide. Who else can the DNC run?

There's Warren but it'd never be allowed.

basically anyone, if they wanted to. The last two presidents have pretty notably not been particularly "qualified" prior to winning office, and it's not like the establishment dems really considered that a minus when it was the easily molded guy on their team cashing in on outsider cred. It's just aristocratic whining from the kind of people appalled that anyone without an ivy league degree is even allowed to run for office, they could get the gently caress over it if they particularly cared about winning versus holding their breath until the world gave in and started fawning over their self-evident wonderfulness

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 2, 2017

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Tallgeese posted:

You may as well have shortened it to this.

Clinton is electoral cyanide. Who else can the DNC run?

There's Warren but it'd never be allowed.

If they were smart they would find another fresh face with no real political baggage and bring them up through the political machine like they did with Obama.

That requires competent, forward-thinking people though so that's not going to happen.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

They're going to attempt to cash in on 80s nostalgia and run dukakis

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

basically anyone, if they wanted to. The last two presidents have pretty notably not been particularly "qualified" prior to winning office, and it's not like the establishment dems really considered that a minus when it was the easily molded guy on their team cashing in on outsider cred. It's just aristocratic whining from the kind of people appalled that anyone without an ivy league degree is even allowed to run for office, they could get the gently caress over it if they particularly cared about winning versus holding their breath until the world gave in and started fawning over their self-evident wonderfulness

But if they hold their breath that long they won't be able to huff their own farts.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

basically anyone, if they wanted to.

They don't, they want assembly line Ivy Leaguers.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

phasmid posted:

But if they hold their breath that long they won't be able to huff their own farts.

if the hillarymen were all that hot at distinguishing 'their problem' from 'anyone else's problem' the world would be a very different place right now

Tallgeese posted:

They don't, they want assembly line Ivy Leaguers.

Zuckerberg/Yglesias 2020

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It's gonna be Tom Hanks

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You know, I'm trying to imagine a Zuckerberg 2020 run and am not succeeding.

How would that even work?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Zuckerberg is a huge piece of poo poo but does not belong in politics

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Blue Train posted:

Zuckerberg is a huge piece of poo poo

So he'd make a good national dem candidate for something like the presidency

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yea :(

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Blue Train posted:

Zuckerberg is a huge piece of poo poo but does not belong in politics

my man, think of the ideas he'll have about the NSA

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Hasn't Zuck been flying around doing photo-op stuff like working on an assembly line lately? That's exactly the kind of bullshit you do when you are trying to build a "man of the people" image to go into politics.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

phasmid posted:

It really does seem like she can't leave things alone. I can't tell if it's her flunkies propping her up like a downed bareknuckle boxer or if it's her own overweening desire to be prez no matter what.

At any rate, I am pissed off that none of those celebs who said they would move followed through. But then, I didn't believe any of them were going to kill themselves either. It was all just a pity party because they couldn't understand they alienated a huge part of their base with their fanaticism.

psychologically Hillary has to do this. otherwise it would require her to have some sort of introspection, and engague with her many flaws and failings. i think that might drive a person to suicide; so for her mental health she will live in a delusion

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The_Franz posted:

Hasn't Zuck been flying around doing photo-op stuff like working on an assembly line lately? That's exactly the kind of bullshit you do when you are trying to build a "man of the people" image to go into politics.

There was an article about him talking to shareholders about how he could maintain control of the company but also take two years to do political poo poo, so house presumably. It's horseshit

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

The_Franz posted:

He had a highly publicized dinner with a trump voter in ohio :rolleyes:

if the idiot fucker actually tries to run im hoping for a good picture of him in a hard hat while wearing these that is even more embarrassing than the mike dukakis tank picture

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
the DNC saw Trump win and think "we need a populist billionaire" without understanding why a populist businessman works on the right, but not the left

a successful leftist populist would have to be either a grassroots politician like Bernie or a charismatic blue collar guy like a union leader

which is why they'll run a dude like Zuck and get destroyed

the flaming duck memes will be :discourse: though

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

:laffo: "DAT RUSSIAN WIKILEAKS WHY I LOST! :qq: :qq: "

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/859507546784059392

Hillary, please go in your den and stay there.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

the DNC ... the left

lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Oh these various thing pointing out the improprieties of myself and my party switched voters opinions of me. gently caress off

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

in the strictest sense she's right that without comey and wikileaks she wins but that's like the pats losing to the jaguars and blaming it on the refs loving up a late call. it shouldn't have been close enough to matter.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i would have won if it was not for my cheating and immoral behaviour becoming public!

lmao

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Do it ironically posted:

i would have won if it was not for my cheating and immoral behaviour becoming public!

lmao

It's goddamn ridiculous, and people fall for it then go and talk poo poo about trump voters falling for his lies, lol

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I think they were about even on having their dirty laundry aired.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Do it ironically posted:

lmao

She's acting like a victim when she had the entire media hiding the content in those emails in favor reporting on Trump's tweets 24/7.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

I mean I get this when it comes up but that's American politics at the moment

until a serious leftist alternative becomes viable the DNC is the left in the US and there's no getting around that

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Rutibex posted:

psychologically Hillary has to do this. otherwise it would require her to have some sort of introspection, and engague with her many flaws and failings. i think that might drive a person to suicide; so for her mental health she will live in a delusion

In response to this, we should come up with something to sink her in the primaries. A twist on "it's her turn" maybe? Something like #skipclinton.

She's just never gonna shut up though. No matter what, she's going to insist on being Miss Democracy, even though the reason she hates Wikileaks in the first place is that they leaked the stole cables.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that's the nuttiest thing about us. you'll have conservatives crying about the commie dems when the democrats now are just 60s republicans (maybe even further right honestly).

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Alienwarehouse posted:

She's acting like a victim when she had the entire media hiding the content in those emails in favor reporting on Trump's tweets 24/7.

One of the networks, CNN I think, said on air that it was illegal to view them

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

new phone who dis posted:

She's going to run again. She thinks she has it all figured out.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Blue Train posted:

One of the networks, CNN I think, said on air that it was illegal to view them

lol following orders like good democrats.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

until a serious leftist alternative becomes viable the DNC is the left in the US and there's no getting around that

I get that y'all got nowhere else to go but the people who'd get amped for the Democratic policy package, regardless of who its mascot of the year is, are overwhelmingly people who'd find Lena Dunham a more inspirational figure than some union guy, and recognizing that isn't why the party lost. Progressive democrats are less politically influential than libertarians, and couldn't even take the nomination in the most favorable circumstances the party will ever see for a left populist speaking truth to power.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 2, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

if sanders had the campaign apparatus he had by the end from the get-go he would've beat hillary. you gotta remember he kinda did it as a protest run and had the most bare bones poo poo and no name recognition and still got that close.

and the superdelegates should've done their job (which was to ensure the more likely general election victor gets the nomination, the vote total be damned) and picked him.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

I want you to be enslaved to a major corporation vs I want you to be enslaved to a major corporation regardless of your gender, religion or ethnicity!

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

if sanders had the campaign apparatus he had by the end from the get-go he would've beat hillary. you gotta remember he kinda did it as a protest run and had the most bare bones poo poo and no name recognition and still got that close.

and the superdelegates should've done their job (which was to ensure the more likely general election victor gets the nomination, the vote total be damned) and picked him.

this is the thing, America is actually ready for a progressive leftist, they just want it without the idpol garbage

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I want you to be enslaved to a major corporation vs I want you to be enslaved to a major corporation regardless of your gender, religion or ethnicity!

well I mean I guess this is what I get for loving cyberpunk as a genre

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

idpol is fine but it has to be more than performative (unless when you say "idpol" you mean what hillary et al do which is just i don't believe this and won't make a difference but it makes me sound good if i pretend to agree). if you accept neoliberalism you're saying gently caress everyone who isn't a well-off white person.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Can a mod please change the title of this thread to: Hillary Clinton 2020 discussion thread for GBS

Thank you.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

idpol is fine but it has to be more than performative (unless when you say "idpol" you mean what hillary et al do which is just i don't believe this and won't make a difference but it makes me sound good if i pretend to agree). if you accept neoliberalism you're saying gently caress everyone who isn't a well-off white person.

the idpol ideology will only work if it means championing equality for everyone

that includes such problematic things as recognizing conservative Christians have a "legitimate" beef with things like abortion and gay marriage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they don't.

• Locked thread