Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah, but what did they do to deserve being hit by a soccer ball?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Rah! posted:

DaddyOfFiveChildSupportPayments

Goddamn, I just came across another video where the girl Emma is crying and yelling about how she hates the house and that she will never get to have a normal life. Cody replies that it sucks but they all get pranked, not just her.

But it's cool, they are just acting.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Professor of Cats posted:

Goddamn, I just came across another video where the girl Emma is crying and yelling about how she hates the house and that she will never get to have a normal life. Cody replies that it sucks but they all get pranked, not just her.

It's just a prank, BRO! I scream as CPS loads up my kids and takes them away from me

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

I couldn't even get through the compilation video. The image of the boy sitting his the bath tub, staring back at his father with so much hate and fear was just too much. All I could think was that this kid is going to kill them, kill himself, or both. It was like seeing a school shooter in the making and I couldn't take it. Hearing that the kids got taken out of that house today was seriously good news to hear.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

TheRagamuffin posted:

Coming soon to YouTube: DaddyOfNone

Please like, comment, subscribe and acquit, Your Honor

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

What is she even trying to do here?!

Burn something while eating it? Cotton candy? cotton balls?! WHY?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, but what did they do to deserve being hit by a soccer ball?

Watch soccer.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I think we've mislabeled the "millennial" generation.

They should be known as the "I told u i was hardcore *dead*" generation.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

The extra sad part is that he never said they were acting, only that they were in on it. Like, the kids know that these things are being watched by strangers, and that's what's making the family money. So they have to put up with being screamed at about dumb poo poo and outright lies/fabrications. And when that's the dad's prank screaming, I can't even imagine what his genuine screaming must be like.

e: I haven't seen the video where they do this, but apparently they'll have the kids do the whole like/comment/subscribe shill through tears at the end of videos, which I think is what he uses to amount to "they were in on it".

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 21:29 on May 2, 2017

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
The step-mom did definitely say Cody was going to "grow up to be an actor" because of how well he pretended. uh-huh.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Railing Kill posted:

I couldn't even get through the compilation video. The image of the boy sitting his the bath tub, staring back at his father with so much hate and fear was just too much. All I could think was that this kid is going to kill them, kill himself, or both. It was like seeing a school shooter in the making and I couldn't take it. Hearing that the kids got taken out of that house today was seriously good news to hear.

The lovely part is this happens all over the place but most parents aren't dumb enough to record it on youtube so they get away with it. And people wonder why society has so many problems :smith:

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Generation-YOLO ?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sloober posted:

It's just a prank, BRO! I scream as CPS loads up my kids and takes them away from me

"It's a prank! It's a prank!" he screams as he turns into therapy bills.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

SpacePig posted:

The extra sad part is that he never said they were acting, only that they were in on it. Like, the kids know that these things are being watched by strangers, and that's what's making the family money. So they have to put up with being screamed at about dumb poo poo and outright lies/fabrications. And when that's the dad's prank screaming, I can't even imagine what his genuine screaming must be like.
The "they're in on it" justification was that the kids want to see how many views each video gets and are happy when they do well.

That's not being in on it. That's a child understanding that the parents are nice to them when the videos do well. It wouldn't surprise me if the parents do more videos when one doesn't do well (or do another one sooner), and so the kids have learned that good viewership numbers mean less abuse.

Plenty of abusers are super nice to their victims after the abuse, it doesn't make the abuse any less harmful, and it can train the victim to associate being abused with being loved and cared for, which is one hell of a lovely association.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SpacePig posted:

e: I haven't seen the video where they do this, but apparently they'll have the kids do the whole like/comment/subscribe shill through tears at the end of videos, which I think is what he uses to amount to "they were in on it".

I try to be a decent person. I think prisons need to be a place where criminals are rehabilitated, not just mindlessly punished. The level of violence and rape that occurs in American prisons is a true disgrace. But people like those two make it really hard to not think that just maybe, some people deserve it. Someone with so little empathy that they'll torture their own children for Youtube views is never going to understand why it's wrong. The only thing you can get through their primitive skulls is "If you do that again, someone bigger will do worse to you."

I really hope I'm wrong and that they come to genuinely understand what they've done. I'm not betting on it, though.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
That "dad" looks so punchable too, I have a huge desire to see him end up on the business end of a worldstar clip

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

Watch soccer.

Yeah, but this one was being played by elephants. I'd put up with a lot of stuff I don't care about if animals were doing it.

Could you imagine professional bowling but with bears?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, but this one was being played by elephants. I'd put up with a lot of stuff I don't care about if animals were doing it.

Could you imagine professional bowling but with bears?

Bears doing the bowling or bears as the pins?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

Bears doing the bowling or bears as the pins?

The first one, obviously! The other one's just animal cruelty!

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

SpacePig posted:

I wonder how well an abusive rear end in a top hat treats his kid who he is going to blame for losing him the 50-200K a year he was getting from youtube videos?

Those kids can never go back to that house.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
So is this the part where we find out that something is way hosed up with the other parent(s) and that's why they never managed to get custody over people literally submitting their own evidence of child abuse?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Sunswipe posted:

I try to be a decent person. I think prisons need to be a place where criminals are rehabilitated, not just mindlessly punished. The level of violence and rape that occurs in American prisons is a true disgrace. But people like those two make it really hard to not think that just maybe, some people deserve it. Someone with so little empathy that they'll torture their own children for Youtube views is never going to understand why it's wrong. The only thing you can get through their primitive skulls is "If you do that again, someone bigger will do worse to you."

I really hope I'm wrong and that they come to genuinely understand what they've done. I'm not betting on it, though.

I'm in the same boat, friendo. I see criminals as people driven mostly by fear and desperation, I see sadists as people with unusual- not evil, just unusual- brain chemistry, and I see attention hogs as needy, broken humans who probably just want love. But this fucker makes me long for some downright excessive street justice.

And he understands perfectly what he's done. He's covering his rear end too carefully to not know. Maybe he's scared, maybe he's found some sick validation, I don't care. He knows what he's done and understands that it's wrong and deserves so much worse than just not keeping his kids.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

So is this the part where we find out that something is way hosed up with the other parent(s) and that's why they never managed to get custody over people literally submitting their own evidence of child abuse?

Who are you talking about? The people we've been talking about, DaddyofFive, is an ongoing story and what you just described literally just happened. The mother got custody of the two kids. I figure his current spouse is the mother of the other kids or they'd be gone too.

"never managed" ??

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Who are you talking about? The people we've been talking about, DaddyofFive, is an ongoing story and what you just described literally just happened. The mother got custody of the two kids. I figure his current spouse is the mother of the other kids or they'd be gone too.

"never managed" ??

he's saying when are we gonna find out what is hosed up about the mom that she never managed to get custody of the kids before this while DaddyofFive was uploading those videos

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Sunswipe posted:

I think that part of the problem is that they don't really view it as abuse. They're not physically abusing them, and they let the kids know after the fact that it's all a prank for the sake of views, so what's the problem, right? They're probably the same type of people where, when a child says stuff like they hate the family or will kill themselves/let themselves die, they wave it off as the child being melodramatic. That kid probably genuinely wanted to die at some points over the course of those videos, and because we (as a nation) don't see children as the type who can make decisions like that, we don't regard them seriously.

Sorry if this seems rambling, but getting a bit rambly, but kids getting screamed at hits a nerve for me, and doing it for laughs/views really just disgusts me.

hanales posted:

I wonder how well an abusive rear end in a top hat treats his kid who he is going to blame for losing him the 50-200K a year he was getting from youtube videos?

Those kids can never go back to that house.

I'm hoping, deep down, that the guy genuinely was just thinking he was doing pranks, and harbors no hate in his heart for his kids for not going along with it and leaving. I really don't think that'll end up being the case, especially after he left one kid (the one with the glasses crying in the tub) with his grandparents, while the rest of the kids went with the parents to Disney, because he wasn't going along with the pranks.

e: God, I hope there's nothing equally bad with the mother. I don't think my heart could handle it.

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 22:16 on May 2, 2017

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Nostradingus posted:

Sea lions are cute though.

I'm no expert, but that seal appears to be "broken"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Zaphod42 posted:

"never managed" ??

This has been going on for like ~3 years was my understanding.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
These things don't happen in a vacuum, which means the dude and his new wife were probably abused as kids and told "it's just a joke/prank" as well.

I pity them is what I'm saying, since they are pitiful people.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Enough about that stupid family jfc. Feel bad for the kids in the newly declared famine areas in Africa or something I'm sure they're a hell of a lot worse off.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Messing with/embarrassing/teasing your kids is your right and duty as a parent.
Telling them that almond milk comes from an almond's tiny nipples, posing their toys they left out overnight into things you find funny, or singing along the radio loudly (and maybe badly). Harmless things.

But "pranking" them to the point of emotional distress is cruel and gross and in a completely different league. Ugh what dirtbags

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Enough about that stupid family jfc. Feel bad for the kids in the newly declared famine areas in Africa or something I'm sure they're a hell of a lot worse off.

:jerkbag:

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Cut it out with the kid stuff, thread! I'm trying to jerk it to, poo poo, I mean, uhhh schadenfreude??

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Alaois posted:

he's saying when are we gonna find out what is hosed up about the mom that she never managed to get custody of the kids before this while DaddyofFive was uploading those videos

Courts and CPS are just painfully slow :(

And the laws really do protect parents in most states of the US and give them right to do whatever they want up until they inflict noticeable wounds or permanent injury on the child. If this wasn't on youtube they would have gotten away with it. Especially since they're white.

A girl recorded a video of her father (a Texas judge) beating her and he got off Scott free since there was no spouse suing for custody.

We really need to improve CPS but nobody cares about it since the stories don't really get told. People don't care about what they don't know about, and most people don't go looking for stories of child abuse.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Holy poo poo that was 14 years ago

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Pffft, are those starving African orphans even on Youtube?

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
yeah but if you wait five seconds you can skip through to your video

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Zaphod42 posted:

Courts and CPS are just painfully slow :(

And the laws really do protect parents in most states of the US and give them right to do whatever they want up until they inflict noticeable wounds or permanent injury on the child. If this wasn't on youtube they would have gotten away with it. Especially since they're white.

A girl recorded a video of her father (a Texas judge) beating her and he got off Scott free since there was no spouse suing for custody.

We really need to improve CPS but nobody cares about it since the stories don't really get told. People don't care about what they don't know about, and most people don't go looking for stories of child abuse.

A reminder that child molestation was a thing "discovered" in the 80s and that was only because of absolute fantastical bullshit like Michelle Remembers and the various bogus Day Care Sex Abuse Hysteria cases.

Not to say that this poo poo didn't exist before then, of course it did. But people in the US didn't treat the sexual abuse of children as a serious matter until loving demons and witches and cults were mentioned.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
If the mom claims dad forged papers to get custody, why didn't she sue him for fraud? Why didn't bio mom have custody in the first place?

Christ, remind me never to move to Maryland!

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

http://i.imgur.com/fe7NzPj.gifv

canyoneer posted:

Messing with/embarrassing/teasing your kids is your right and duty as a parent.
Telling them that almond milk comes from an almond's tiny nipples, posing their toys they left out overnight into things you find funny, or singing along the radio loudly (and maybe badly). Harmless things.

But "pranking" them to the point of emotional distress is cruel and gross and in a completely different league. Ugh what dirtbags

Glad to hear someone finally say it! :jerkbag: Adurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! *i unsheath the first inch of my blade* Cut your hands off, whatever it takes to stop posting here about *voice sharpens with dual derision and fatigue* Daddy of Five unless corroborated with funny and topical gifs, or, if appropriate, YouTubes. Surely you don't need me to tell you why no-humor no-effort child abuse chat knocks this thread lower than a retard's kick. *looking around circle of disgusted faces, getting louder, closer to tears* Is this not a FORUM? Have none of us THREADS??

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Dex posted:

yeah but if you wait five seconds you can skip through to your video

You know when someone told you that starving African children had lots of ads? I think you missed a letter in interpreting that sentence...

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Someone only read half the post they quoted...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

TheStampede posted:

That's fair, and to each their own, but punishing every other journalist there because some idiot want's to, "debate" an issue in a dumb way just rubs me as screaming down opinions we don't like by bullying the publication.

It's sending a message to the NYT and any other institution that wants to play "the truth lies somewhere in the middle" as millions of fuckwits find an undiscovered country somewhere to the right of Hitler and Andrew Jackson.