Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

Red Ed is a good lad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TheRat posted:

It's not his, he's mowing the lawn for a lady he met while canvassing.

He should have bought her a petrol lawnmower then. That whole teach a man to fish thing.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I do wonder if Laura Kuenssberg, as she sits down with a coffee to browse the stories her colleagues are writing about how Corbyn is out and about meeting people, ever wonders what that weird feeling in her head is.
The one that comes on every time she sees Corbyn doing something she's gone in front of camera to deny that he's done.
The one that comes on when she texts a Labour backbencher 'Thanks for the inside scoop on the latest PLP meeting, I'll make sure to mention how weak this makes Corbyn.
The one that comes on when she describes a Labour policy as 'lacking detail' while she reports on how STRONG AND STABLE Theresa May is.

And then she pours her coffee over her head, screams THANKS FOR THAT JEREMY YOU rear end in a top hat and sends a nameless intern to get her another deconstructed flat white.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I assume it's because she's jewish and corbyn is pro Palestine. Same with peston. Hope this isnt unworthy of me but seems to make too much sense to ignore.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Breath Ray posted:

I assume it's because she's jewish and corbyn is pro Palestine. Same with peston. Hope this isnt unworthy of me but seems to make too much sense to ignore.

Wow.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

May's name on the billboards tallies with that video May's team put out earlier where the word conservative was used twice in 3 minutes and in both instances was used in the context of "my candidates, my conservatives."

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

I thought this had no exposure at first but it's only because reply numbers don't show up unless you're on twitter proper.

It's just 600+ replies of people screaming at her.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

LemonDrizzle posted:

OK, they're really going for it: Tory candidates forced to have Theresa May's name on their election billboards

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Can someone explain what was wrong with this post please?

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
Watching the interview with May the whole piece seemed pretty balanced with the Tories saying nothing but getting pretty slammed by some form of publican.

Hopefully Britain will wake up proper over the next few weeks.

Really sad the days hung on Diane Abbotts misremarks. Twice on sky and twice on BBC. Holy poo poo if she had already said it correct a bunch of times already that days she's vindicated, yeah? Newsnight was v unbalanced in their "comment" there- pathetic.

Glad they can still begrudgingly assure us that the deficit is a lie however.

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://www.ft.com/content/cc7eed42-2f49-11e7-9555-23ef563ecf9a

quote:

The EU has raised its opening demand for Britain’s Brexit bill to an upfront gross payment of up to €100bn, according to Financial Times analysis of new stricter demands driven by France and Germany.

Following direct requests from several member states, EU negotiators have revised their initial calculations to maximise the liabilities Britain is asked to cover, including post-Brexit farm payments and EU administration fees in 2019 and 2020.

I hope this doesn't max out the national credit card.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

serious gaylord posted:

R. Guyovich got confused by his avatar and tried to cyber-arrest him for war crimes

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We might have to remortgage the national house.

Which is to say the one house that is still socialized by 2022.

Fortunately by then due to the pound drop and the housing bubble it will probably be worth 100bn pounds so it will work out fine.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

It's part of his new secret police gimmick, where he arbitrarily probates you and refuses to tell you what for.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

It's OK, Theresa will be "bloody difficult" (or whatever the gently caress the quote was) to Juncker, and this will suddenly make him see the error of his ways and immediately give in to all her demands because she's so STRONG AND STABLE.

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 2, 2017

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

jabby posted:

Laura K continuing her unbiased reporting of the campaign.
https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/859485924635406336

Is she wrong?

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

serious gaylord posted:

I never saw anything directly mentioning it, but I got the impression there was some lovely injoke going on where he had to include a picture of stalin every time he posted or something

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

The Express has revealed some details of the Tories first campaign poster:

The Express posted:

A stark campaign poster to be unveiled by Mr Davis will depict Mr Corbyn next to an image of an explosive device beneath the slogan: "Corbyn: No bombs for our Army. One big bombshell for your family."

Not sure about it myself. The 'tax bombshell' bit is standard, but from what I recall most people don't want our army bombing people overseas anymore.

Also from the same article the Tories are planning a 'dossier' on Labour's spending commitments and revenue raisers to demonstrate that they aren't fully costed. A couple of weeks prior to the manifesto coming out with costings. At least it will be easy for Labour to stay on message in refuting it I guess.

EDIT: Here it is in all it's glory.

jabby fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 3, 2017

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

ffs bombs are dropped by the air force

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

No bombs for our Army. Not a single bomb. No guns, either, as these are just tiny bombs. Nothing powered by fire. No electricity, which is just a form of tiny fire. This is what Jeremy dreams of, as he sleeps, surrounded by vegetables. This is Corbyn's Britain.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

One big bombshell that represents two different things

Pissflaps posted:

More from that poll earlier:

So half of people intending to vote Labour are only prepared to do so for as long as labour winning the election seems unlikely. Because of Jeremy Corbyn.

In other words, if labour were somehow able to increase their 28% poll share to an election winning position of, say, 40%, they'd immediately lose at least 14% of those who say they'll vote for them.

Jeremy Corbyn is uniquely toxic to the electorate.
Your reading of that question is wrong and it's also a very strange question. The respondents are not saying "I would not vote for Corbyn if I thought he could win", just that "likely defeat" makes them more likely to vote. The fact that these respondents feel a greater need to vote Labour when facing defeat in no way implies that they would not vote Labour in any other scenario.

To take a simple example: I think it is more important to vote in an election when there is a credible threat of a fascist taking power, and I might express that opinion by saying I am "more likely to vote" in that scenario. That does not imply that I wouldn't vote in the event of there being no fascist threat.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
No these are people more likely to vote Labour because Corbyn isn't going to be Prime Minister as a result.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

TomViolence posted:

Mills Bombs :colbert:

But yes in general I agree wholly, no bombs for our army.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

TomViolence posted:

The Army Air Corps used to use cluster bomb submunitions on its Apaches. Pretty sure those were subsequently banned and removed according to international law in 2008~ though.

So yes, Corbyn being against the Army going back to using illegal bombs isn't exactly a bad thing

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

A poor tiny soldier shuffles up to jeremy corbyn, bowl in hands outstretched. "Please sir," he begs, "I want some bombs."

"BOMBS?" growls mean old Mister Corbyn

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDmQGnZxSEE

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

No these are people more likely to vote Labour because Corbyn isn't going to be Prime Minister as a result.

Twat.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

TomViolence posted:

yeah by the troops in our airforce

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

He uh, got warned?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I hope are brave boys don't get bombed actually

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yeah I'm glad Corbyn won't bomb the army

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hi, I'm a swole Conservative voter who has no time for these pussified leftist snowflakes.

But why are the EU bullying us!?!? Why!?!?!

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

This attack ad will not only work, it's a trap to get Labour to start talking about defence policy and Corbyn's pacifism.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Alchenar posted:

This attack ad will not only work, it's a trap to get Labour to start talking about defence policy and Corbyn's pacifism.

Wonder when they'll do a terrorism one.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Wonder when they'll do a terrorism one.

There's been two terrorist attacks against mps under the conservatives, I don't think they're capable of keeping our elected representatives safe

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Does she live in a park in a shed?

Ok Emily

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Did anyone hear David davis on today just now?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Breath Ray posted:

Did anyone hear David davis on today just now?

I didn't - what did he say?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I didn't - what did he say?

"I am become brexit", he said "I am the spirit of 350 million for your nhs. Kneel before me"

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

He also said that Hitler did nothing wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Namtab posted:

He also said that Hitler did nothing wrong.

Conservatives (+2)

• Locked thread