Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

SwitchbladeKult posted:

It is really a shame too. A lot of people lose their support network when they leave a faith. It is awful that void gets filled with the MRA dumpster fire that is the current sceptics movement.

I think for many, just because they don't like religion doesn't mean they're not authoritarians themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

RareAcumen posted:

I might be mixing together separate incidents, is that the one where she talked about it later as a 'I get being excited and wanting to talk about that kinda stuff with me, but remember to pull it back a bit and not kinda corner me in an elevator and ask if I wanna come up to your hotel room' situation or did the one you're talking about get way worse?

Yeah, she wasnt assaulted. But when she said "please don't creep on women when they are alone and vulnerable in a locked metal box. Its scary even if you don't mean it to be" Dorkens started ranting about middle eastern clits.

There are a number of "boys will be boys" incidents excusing sexually aggresive behavior and accusations by the skeptic/atheist public figures to the point where its a pattern. And its bad.

Specificially Dick Dorkins just yelled about clits for this one.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah I never got how off-putting random flirtation was for women. Then some crazy woman would not stop talking to me in the grocery store even though I was clearly not interested in talking to her. It was really, really, uncomfortable and I had a foot of height and 60 pounds on her and she was following me around like a fuckin' dilophosaurus.

Gumbel2Gumbel has a new favorite as of 23:33 on May 2, 2017

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah I never got how off-putting random flirtation was for women. Then some crazy woman would not stop talking to me in the grocery store even though I was clearly not interested in talking to her. It was really, really, uncomfortable and I had a foot of height and 60 pounds on her and she was following me around like a fuckin' dilophosaurus.

The Gift of Fear covers this really well. Getting cornered in an Elevator like that is lovely. He should have publicly apologized about it, rather than double down and minimize what happened.

You can't go speaking out about how lovely religion is to women and more or less treat them the exact same way.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Whenever I bring in a box of donuts to work and I get stared at by people I don't know in the building and have people talk to me about the donuts I'm holding and get a bunch of unwanted attention I think "this is a glimpse into how women feel when they go anywhere and do anything"

Leave me alone of course these donuts aren't for you I don't even know you :mad:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Hiraghm/status/859500931536310273
https://twitter.com/Hiraghm/status/859417623553073157
https://twitter.com/Hiraghm/status/859109862499913728
https://twitter.com/Hiraghm/status/858862125208547333
https://twitter.com/Hiraghm/status/858673509421199360
https://twitter.com/Hiraghm/status/855550400723857408

His twitter banner is a John Galt quote

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Panfilo posted:

The Gift of Fear covers this really well. Getting cornered in an Elevator like that is lovely. He should have publicly apologized about it, rather than double down and minimize what happened.

You can't go speaking out about how lovely religion is to women and more or less treat them the exact same way.

He wasn't the creeper. Creeper was some rando. He saw her publicly explaining to the mass off autistics that are the atheist community how not to scare women and decided to drop in his 2 cents. Which was again " middle Eastern women have it worse shut up." Dude injected himself into the situation.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Bombadilillo posted:

He wasn't the creeper. Creeper was some rando. He saw her publicly explaining to the mass off autistics that are the atheist community how not to scare women and decided to drop in his 2 cents. Which was again " middle Eastern women have it worse shut up." Dude injected himself into the situation.

It was the craziest loving thing, because it started with her not even naming the guy who did it, and saying "hey if you want more women then don't hit on women in elevators after they just said they don't like getting hit on at conventions" and then it turned into a several month long blood-feud.

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009
This is very, very mild, but this guy is still an idiot, who apparently lives in Antarctica? Who the gently caress transplants dandelions?!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Bombadilillo posted:

Oh poo poo, I had it mixed up then. Thank you for the clarification. So he had even LESS at stake, yet he still chose to be a poo poo heel about it, wow.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
More video game dev poo poo here.

As much flak as you can give other game designers for putting chicks in skimpy outfits in games, king creep is forever David Cage. He reportedly spent a year looking at pictures of Ellen Page, from a young age until adulthood, and then creeped her out with his album of her. Page was subsequently modeled naked in the game (she considered suing). AFAIK she's never shown completely naked in regular gameplay but the model was there, T&A&P and everything. Cage also, for some reason, needs to include a shower scene featuring a woman in every game he makes.

In Omikron (a terrible, terrible game) the main character literally has sex with some other guy's wife while inhabiting the body of said wife's husband within like, the first hour of gameplay.

In Heavy Rain there's a dream sequence of a woman being the victim of a home invasion and subsequent sexual assault. It's revealed to be a dream before anything explicit happens, but it's just before or just after (can't remember) a semi-nude shower scene with said woman. She is later creeped on by a motel attendant and wants to totally bone another of the Main Characters.

In Beyond Two Souls there's the completely unnecessary shower scene with Ellen Page's character. It adds literally nothing, she is just getting ready for a date. Someone hacked the scene and flew the camera around and discovered the fully modeled nude body, see above.

Cage is also a complete loving hack who can't write a coherent and sensible plot to save his life. Some of his games look good technically and that's their one redeeming feature. gently caress David Cage.

Anyway, king of T&A games Senran Kagura's dev is upfront, if nothing else:

https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/281205268350660609

Foxhound has a new favorite as of 00:25 on May 3, 2017

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/336048706853937152

Edit:

That70sHeidi posted:

This is very, very mild, but this guy is still an idiot, who apparently lives in Antarctica? Who the gently caress transplants dandelions?!

Wildflowers like dandelions are really good food sources for native pollinators, especially early in the season. I think he's suggesting they be moved instead of outright killed? If it were me I'd just let them grow with reckless abandon in my yard rather than putting the effort in to move them.

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 00:36 on May 3, 2017

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Bombadilillo posted:

"Next time I break a leg I'm going to just stay home because, by golly, some people out there have two broken legs! :colbert:"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

"Stop calling me Corn Cobkins"

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Push El Burrito posted:

"Stop calling me Corn Cobkins"

https://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/336061353175445504

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

That70sHeidi posted:

Uh. I mean. 1) He can loving try to transplant whatever he wants since nothing can grow in the wild out there, 2) If Base management hears of that he's on the first flight home. Maybe he get's a warning if he's a grantee, but if he's just some laborer he's toast, and 3) If he tries to smuggle dandelions through New Zealand customs he's proper hosed, potentially even denied entry when they find them. Especially if they look like they're meant for replanting.

I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's not talking about taking them to Antarctica but just garden stuff.

If anyone has more questions about "Living" in Antarctica I can answer them.

Crain has a new favorite as of 00:49 on May 3, 2017

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Crain posted:

Uh. I mean. 1) He can loving try to transplant whatever he wants since nothing can grow in the wild out there, 2) If Base management hears of that he's on the first flight home. Maybe he get's a warning if he's a grantee, but if he's just some laborer he's toast, and 3) If he tries to smuggle dandelions through New Zealand customs he's proper hosed, potentially even denied entry when they find them. Especially if they look like they're meant for replanting.

I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's not talking about taking them to Antarctica but just garden stuff.

If anyone has more questions about "Living" in Antarctica I can answer them.

I actually know a guy who's at the Palmer station right now to study fish.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

CommonShore posted:

I make a point of making GBS threads on Richard Dawkins during my lectures on evaluating sources: "Is the source an expert? Is the source an expert on this topic?"

I might steal that for my future courses, thanks.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
It's pretty telling how many of the Rebecca Watson deriders way back when also jumped on the gamergate bandwagon.

Thunderf00t and the Amazing Atheist are the two biggest examples I can think of.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Amazing Atheist is the original neckbeard

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

TinTower posted:

It's pretty telling how many of the Rebecca Watson deriders way back when also jumped on the gamergate bandwagon.

Thunderf00t and the Amazing Atheist are the two biggest examples I can think of.

Anti feminist assholes look for every opportunity to express it.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

TinTower posted:

YouTube just "recommended" that I watch a video by a guy named "the armored skeptic" on how much of a cuck Bill Nye is. Jesus loving Christ. Is this because I was watching Bill Nye and Dark Souls videos, Google?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

"I will only ever own myself!"

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

SwitchbladeKult posted:

YouTube just "recommended" that I watch a video by a guy named "the armored skeptic" on how much of a cuck Bill Nye is. Jesus loving Christ. Is this because I was watching Bill Nye and Dark Souls videos, Google?

Most likely this thread if you don't use ad blockers or noscript.

I think it tracks the videos posted in this thread.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Today I saw a dude on a public page say that Jimmy Kimmel's baby having heart disease was "karma" for making fun of the Trumps. A friend asked if there were any other infants he wanted to die and the guy doubled down.

Also this, which has literally 10,000 replies, mostly variations of "pay your child support Joe"
https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/859462346275782656

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Two years later:

https://twitter.com/firescotch/status/553558826902122496

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Scratch Monkey posted:

Well he generally does a pretty good job of that.

:lol:

Henchman of Santa posted:

Today I saw a dude on a public page say that Jimmy Kimmel's baby having heart disease was "karma" for making fun of the Trumps. A friend asked if there were any other infants he wanted to die and the guy doubled down.

Also this, which has literally 10,000 replies, mostly variations of "pay your child support Joe"
https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/859462346275782656

Ah right, the same guy that said this and a whole slough of other incredibly dumb poo poo:

https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/803018968201973760

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Jesus would have been a capitalist when every word he said was to feed the poor and literally said help imigrants is my favorite American Religion delusion.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Scratch Monkey posted:

Bombadilillo posted:

Jesus would have been a capitalist when every word he said was to feed the poor and literally said help imigrants is my favorite American Religion delusion.

Not to mention the rich people quote and asking for his disciples to donate everything they had to the poor.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Well, actually, the eye of the needle was REALLY a very narrow gate into Jerusalem and furthermore Jesus felt an appropriate effective tax rate was

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The eye of the needle being a gate has no historical basis.

Its bullshit made up to say. Being rich makes it hard not impossible to get into heaven.

Missing and weaseling around the point that Jesus himself said it was IMPOSSIBLE.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I just picked up Nier: Automata, and since it came up, can anyone tell me, spoiler free, do I get to change 2B's outfit at any point?

There's an option under Settings -> Camera called "Vertical Auto Adjust" and it changes how the camera shifts during sprinting and such. On its default setting the camera basically lowers for a panty shot while 2B runs. I can get a creator wanting to make their creations sexy, but there's a line you cross to "All these characters are attractive" and "Here's a closeup of her rear end, just for you".

The Frank O'Connor one kinda pisses me off the most. And the whole "She's just trying to get attention from the boys" is a real thing that was said, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wo_CzUwLwI

(sorry I used to be able to find a video clip of him actually saying this but nothing sprang out to me without watching every video that came up, although my youtube search terms sure are hosed now.)

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

The eye of the needle being a gate has no historical basis.

Its bullshit made up to say. Being rich makes it hard not impossible to get into heaven.

Missing and weaseling around the point that Jesus himself said it was IMPOSSIBLE.

Just this week I had a funny discussion with my wife's uncle (a pastor, too technologically impaired to be an idiot on social media) about the Human Rights Committee.

Here in Brazil hating on loving human rights of all things is in vogue right now,so he was mad that "the drat human rights people are always aiding criminals and never their law-abiding victims". It's kind of a "Blue Lives Matter" thing were people say that the criminals have more rights than the cops, who have their hands tied because of it.

I explained to him that making sure convicts don't have their human rights violated is their job, and it's the rest of the government's job (law enforcement, healthcare, social security, welfare) to aid the law abiding people. Not to mention that they DO help law abiding people in cases of discrimination and slavery. He was having none of that.

Then I said "didn't Jesus basically do the same?" and quoted this

quote:

When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Which quickly ended the discussion, with his parting shot being "eh, they're all criminals themselves too"

nerdz has a new favorite as of 03:40 on May 3, 2017

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

SwitchbladeKult posted:

It is really a shame too. A lot of people lose their support network when they leave a faith. It is awful that void gets filled with the MRA dumpster fire that is the current sceptics movement.

Change "a lot of people" to white males and this statement would work; movement atheism/skepticism does it's drat best to run off anyone else. There's way too many dudes who think that having figured out that religious is a lie means they can never be duped again, especially by their own big, stupid brains.

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!

kdrudy posted:

Anti feminist assholes look for every opportunity to express it.

If I remember correctly, the amazing atheist has never had a problem exposing the rear end in a top hat side of himself to the public, both figuratively and literally :ohdear:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Slate/status/859466344512856067

More like The Daily Saloner, apparently. :raise:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

It's very obviously supposed to be sarcastic if you know Slate's politics at all, but it's a poor choice to send out to twitter like that.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's very obviously supposed to be sarcastic if you know Slate's politics at all, but it's a poor choice to send out to twitter like that.

Sarcasm lost on quite a few of the responders, alas.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Ularg posted:

There's an option under Settings -> Camera called "Vertical Auto Adjust" and it changes how the camera shifts during sprinting and such. On its default setting the camera basically lowers for a panty shot while 2B runs. I can get a creator wanting to make their creations sexy, but there's a line you cross to "All these characters are attractive" and "Here's a closeup of her rear end, just for you".

Oh thank you, I didn't realize that's what that option was for. Hearing the alternative outfits were deep in made me sad. I'm liking the gameplay, but I didn't buy the game for rear end shots.

That's what onechanbara was for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Wow yeah thanks for that pro tip because that camera shot was super annoying to me.