Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Trump is smart, savvy, and extremely calculating. He plays the fool well, but underestimate him at your own risk

to be fair I've said this about Dubya in the past

also I've said on this forum that a decade or two would be all that was needed for people to think Bush wasn't nearly the worst President and people would get mad at me every time I did lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Trump is smart, savvy, and extremely calculating. He plays the fool well, but underestimate him at your own risk

I dunno, I think he's really dumb

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

He is calculating like a narcissistic sociopath but I wouldn't call him smart

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I would say that he's very smart within his given context and skill set. Unfortunately he lacks an understanding of what he doesn't know, so he can't tell when he's stepped out of his element.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
The dude isn't smart, but he has a low animal cunning, for sure. You have to acknowledge that his managing to outplay Hillary, who really should have known better, shows that you shouldn't take him lightly. Everyone's so hesitant to give the guy praise for fear that they'll sound like they like him, but if you don't acknowledge that he managed to snake the presidency out from under the entire establishment because they sassed him at a dinner party, then you deserve it when that little orange goblin bites your fingers off.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

He pulled similar numbers as Romney, Democrats stayed home. It's Hillary's fault she lost

Which is to say, Hillary played herself

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
He's a weird combination of smart and dumb.

He's sly and crafty, though, for sure.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

It was no accident.

She lured the sasquatch in using their old friendship, then had her goons ziptie him so she could put one in the back of his head, execution style. The plan was for a big triumphal photo op

Nah, there'd be no face for the photo.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

He is an excellent conman

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

FisheyStix posted:

The dude isn't smart, but he has a low animal cunning, for sure. You have to acknowledge that his managing to outplay Hillary, who really should have known better, shows that you shouldn't take him lightly. Everyone's so hesitant to give the guy praise for fear that they'll sound like they like him, but if you don't acknowledge that he managed to snake the presidency out from under the entire establishment because they sassed him at a dinner party, then you deserve it when that little orange goblin bites your fingers off.

Reminder he registered to run for president like a week after that dinner. lol

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Blue Train posted:

He pulled similar numbers as Romney, Democrats stayed home. It's Hillary's fault she lost

This. Republicans did the normal thing they always do and the Democrats collapsed because they alienated swing voters and the more progressive portion of their base. The numbers bear this out in a very scientific way.

So obviously it was Russian Wikileaks published by Comey to cater to racists.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
He's also surprisingly witty and vicious. He absolutely shredded the Republican candidates. Just clowned on them. And even in that press dinner, he held his own even when surrounded by enemies

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

He's also surprisingly witty and vicious. He absolutely shredded the Republican candidates. Just clowned on them.

Yea this is p inarguable

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Blue Train posted:

Yeah. In the rust belt, Clinton lost ~1.5m votes and Trump gained ~0.5m votes, winning by 0.1m

Trump won because Clinton hosed up.

Between that figure and the post-mortems (and book) describing the campaign's ineptitude, you can pretty much boil what happened down to, "Clinton ran a worse campaign than Trump."

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Trump knew what the base wanted and told them he'd give it to them while simultaneously decimating complacent career republicans.

We should all be more thankful for that last fact alone. try to imagine a Cruz presidency

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Supposedly Trump is pretty charming in person but will gladly back stab you once you'r out of the room.

I would also suggest people read this article if you'r still thinking Trump doesn't have any bit of intelligence.: Listening to Trump. Trump was able to connect with people and audiences in way's that Hillary could never hope too and make it feel real.

quote:

Or consider the particularly emotional exchange Trump had with a father from upstate New York. “I lost my son two years ago to a heroin overdose,” says the father from off camera. “Well, you know they have a tremendous problem in New Hampshire with the heroin,” says Trump. “Unbelievable. It’s always the first question I get, and they have a problem all over. And it comes through the border. We’re going to build a wall.”

Then, instead of moralizing anger, playing against type come compassion and respect: “In all fairness to your son, it’s a tough thing. Some very, very strong people have not been able to get off it. So we have to work with people to get off it.”

At this point it becomes clear that the bereaved father has started to cry. Trump shifts to tough-guy reassuring. “You just relax, OK? Yeah, it’s a tough deal. Come on. It’s a tough deal.” And, in a veiled reference to Trump’s own brother’s death from alcoholism, “I know what you went through.” Then, to the audience while pointing at the father: “He’s a great father, I can see it. And your son is proud of you. Your son is proud of you. It’s tough stuff, it’s tough stuff, and it could be stopped.”

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Train posted:

He is an excellent conman

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I wouldn't call Trump witty. His constant petty attacks sounded like a kid arguing with middle school classmates. He has nothing meaningful to say, and it's impossible to engage against that for the same reasons you don't argue with an eight year old

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Blue Train posted:

Which is to say, Hillary played herself

Oh, no doubt. A potted plant could have won against Hillary's campaign, but don't forget that he basically ran away with the republican nomination, too. Out of spite. The dude didn't just wrest the presidency form her, he wrested it from the rest of the Republican party who had tons of others who had politically groomed for decades for their shot at nomination AND her. Out of spite. I don't think a bear is particularly smart or witty but I'll avoid the hell out of it all the same.

If wrote intelligence was all it took to play politics, you'd see a lot of different faces in power.

theres a will theres moe posted:

I wouldn't call Trump witty. His constant petty attacks sounded like a kid arguing with middle school classmates. He has nothing meaningful to say, and it's impossible to engage against that for the same reasons you don't argue with an eight year old

Yeah, but all the cool clever speakers are dead. Given the time money and resources necessary, I'm willing to bet an actual orange clown could become president.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
We have this disagreement every twenty pages where some people say he's a blathering fool and others say actually he's clearly retarded then the smartest among us say he knew enough to maim multiple political dynasties and do a con job on the entire stupid country right in front of our faces

so

if he's dumb so are us

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

theres a will theres moe posted:

Lyin Ted, Crooked Hillary, Low Energy Jeb!

Those are all genius and they stuck.

This guy explains Trumps genius well:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/09/dilbert_creator_scott_adams_gets_trump_like_no_one_else.html

Oh and dont forget Trump played the media like a fiddle and they went along with it because of how loving stupid they are.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 3, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

BexGu posted:

Supposedly Trump is pretty charming in person but will gladly back stab you once you'r out of the room.

I would also suggest people read this article if you'r still thinking Trump doesn't have any bit of intelligence.: Listening to Trump. Trump was able to connect with people and audiences in way's that Hillary could never hope too and make it feel real.

Hillary is not human and therefore incapable of human emotion

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

He's also surprisingly witty and vicious. He absolutely shredded the Republican candidates. Just clowned on them. And even in that press dinner, he held his own even when surrounded by enemies

Yeah, although I think my favorite bit of GOP on GOP violence last year was Christie murdering Marco Rubio's chances.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Toadvine posted:

if he's dumb so are us

It's this, the average American is hosed and dumb as poo poo. I should know because so am I

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hey guys, Trump is so stupid. I mean, look at him. Amirite? :smuggo:

Seriously though: http://www.hillary2020.com

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

Hey guys, Trump is so stupid. I mean, look at him. Amirite? :smuggo:

Seriously though: http://www.hillary2020.com

Eh

Registrant Contact

Name: David Phillips

Organization:

Mailing Address: 20 Ffrancon Drive, Wirral CH63 5JL GB

Phone: +44.2032873283

Ext:

Fax:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Blue Train posted:

Eh

Registrant Contact

Name: David Phillips

Organization:

Mailing Address: 20 Ffrancon Drive, Wirral CH63 5JL GB

Phone: +44.2032873283

Ext:

Fax:

How much will Hilldawg and co pay him for it? :smuggo:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol Trump gonna be the first president to get divorced in office

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

How much will Hilldawg and co pay him for it? :smuggo:

*scrambles crazily to register hillary2024.com*

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol Trump gonna be the first president to get divorced in office

nah there's been a couple, JFK being the last

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

VikingSkull posted:

nah there's been a couple, JFK being the last

What? JFK married Jackie in 1953, and he was president from 1961 to 1963.

I guess, technically, their marriage did end during Kennedy's term, but they didn't get divorced.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I guess, technically, their marriage did end during Kennedy's term, but they didn't get divorced.

His brain got divorced from his skull

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Guy Goodbody posted:

you almost got the joke

you were so close

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

VikingSkull posted:

you almost got the joke

you were so close

somebody tweeted "the only Wall Trump built is between himself and Melania" and Melania liked it.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

BexGu posted:

Trump quote

Trump is a human being. Imagine that is a Hillary quote. Impossible.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
when is the last time you think Bill ever touched Hillary in a sexual way? i bet more than 2 decades

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Rutibex posted:

when is the last time you think Bill ever touched Hillary in a sexual way? i bet more than 2 decades

Election night 1992 she gave him an unenthusiastic handy

Blue Train fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 3, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Rutibex posted:

I don't think he ever did

Kase Im Licht
Jan 26, 2001
It is important that Anthony Weiner's role in all of this is not forgotten. If he wasn't trying to gently caress 15 year olds, the FBI would never have reopened that investigation at the last second.

Hillary lost the election because she arranged a marriage between her favorite aide and a child molester. And then encouraged her to not divorce the child molester even though he kept cheating on her in very public and embarassing ways. I guess she really wanted Huma to follow in her footsteps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Huma is super hot in my estimation

• Locked thread